Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
garbodor.gif

Mega Garbodor

Ability:
Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Mega Launcher
Typing:
Poison/Steel

Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: 95
Def: 82 -> 112 (+30)
SpA: 60 -> 130 (+70)

SpD: 82 -> 102 (+20)
Spe: 75 -> 55 (-20)
BST: 474 -> 574 (+100)

New Moves: Flash Cannon, Nasty Plot

Flavour: Garbodor's body becomes larger and less... fat? And more so having its weight distributed more evenly across its now larger body. Bits of scrap meal point out of it from all directions, and a large trash can covers one of its arms, acting like a cannon (hence Mega Launcher).
Competitive: Mega Garbodor has very nice bulk combined with good damage output and Nasty Plot making it a nice bulky threat. Due to its ability Mega Launcher it really doesn't care about having Poison STAB, as it can run Flash Cannon to hit fairies and Dark Pulse effectively has STAB making it preferred. As a 3rd move it can run Focus Blast, Psychic, Thunderbolt or Giga Drain, with its 4th move being Nasty Plot. That's basically all it runs, although moves such as Explosion, Toxic Spikes, Pain Split or possibly Autotomize could also have some use. Poison/Steel is also a very nice defensive typing, with lots of resists and few weaknesses, although one of those is a 4x weakness to Ground.

Poison Pulse
Poison Type
Special
85 BP
100 Acc
15 (24) PP
20% Chance to flinch. Pulse Move
Dark Pulse clone

This gives it an incentive to run it over Flash Cannon along with Dark Pulse for coverage, probably another coverage option like I listed in the original post because Flash Cannon doesn't provide much help for hitting types super-effectively, with the 4th move being Nasty Plot.

I might do the others later.

Last edited:
Since you have Mega Garbodor now, and I am assuming its ability is a new one and not a clone, when can I expect the code?
I have just added it! Sorry I didn't have it right away, haha - I was definitely planning to have it done before the submission phase started, at least, but I should've communicated that rather than just leaving it there.

One small point of concern: IsoCon, Flash Cannon isn't boosted by Mega Launcher! I know you didn't specifically say it did (you only mentioned it in the context of Dark Pulse), but this looks so weak without that that I couldn't help but think you might have been working under that assumption.

One small point of concern: IsoCon, Flash Cannon isn't boosted by Mega Launcher! I know you didn't specifically say it did (you only mentioned it in the context of Dark Pulse), but this looks so weak without that that I couldn't help but think you might have been working under that assumption.
I know Flash Cannon isn't boosted by Mega Launcher, and I would like to give it a Mega Launcher boosted STAB move but I don't really want to be adding new moves all together. I think I can add one more move so I could give it Aura Sphere or something as an extra option but I don't see anything really being needed outside of a Mega Launcher boosted STAB. If creating a new move is fine, here is it what it would get (also added to the original post):

Poison Pulse
Poison Type
Special
85 BP
100 Acc
15 (24) PP
20% Chance to flinch. Pulse Move (Boosted by Mega Launcher)
Dark Pulse clone.

This gives it an incentive to run it over Flash Cannon along with Dark Pulse for coverage, probably another coverage option like I listed in the original post because Flash Cannon doesn't provide much help for hitting types super-effectively, with the 4th move being Nasty Plot.

(And honestly I wish cannon moves were boosted by Mega Launcher, want that Hydro Cannon Mega 'Stoise)

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
i'm not entirely sure this one needed a round-up post, since its pretty contained to mostly one page, but i went ahead and made one anyway. i did notice it looked like some subs had been deleted afterwards? so uhm, those arent included since they, aren't in the thread, so i assume you cant vote for them...?

:klinklang: Klinklang
:klinklang: Mega Klinklang
New Ability: Plus/Minus/Clear Body -> Reinitialize
(When Mega Klinklang uses any move that isn't Steel-type, it also clears all of the stat changes on the field.)
Type: Steel

New Stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 100 -> 200 (+100)
Defense: 115
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 90
(620 BST)
... just trust me alright

New moves: None for now
Description:
First and foremost, let's talk about Klinklang's current identity. Klinklang is a Pokémon that's defined by its access to an incredibly strong boosting option in Shift Gear, but it's held back by its notable lack of coverage (it's one of the few Pokémon that conventionally runs non-STAB Return just because it has nothing better to use!), which is important as a balancing factor for Shift Gear because it makes it possible for most teams to stop its sweeps by walling it.
If I just wanted to make this better than Klinklang, the obvious step would have been to improve its coverage, especially through an Ability (one of my earlier thoughts was just to give it Refrigerate) rather than a movepool increase so it had a distinct advantage over its base form.
Buuut I wanted to do something weirder than that!
Instead of trying to solve Klinklang's lack of coverage, I decided to lean into the way Game Freak chose to use it - as a balancing factor to make it easier to stop a sweep despite how strong it looks on the surface - and then make it... well... really, really terrifying on the surface. With that in mind, Mega Klinklang gets even stronger with Shift Gear sets, but it's now even more easily punished by resistances than before: attempting to use any coverage move will undo its accumulated boosts, which is almost as bad as forcing it out in the first place.

Now let's talk about that ridiculous stat spread!
To support Reinitialize as a concept, I felt it was important that Klinklang did not get any faster - it needs to be reliant on Shift Gear, after all, so that Speed increase has to be just as important as it is to its base form. In addition, I wanted the Haze effect to be suitably punishing if it was used in the middle of an attempted sweep, so I chose not to raise Klinklang's Defense or Special Defense - those would be the stats I increased if I wanted to ease setup, but Reinitialize serves its purpose best when Klinklang has to be careful with its boosts and can't reclaim them too easily.
Also I just thought it would be really, really funny to give it +100 Attack and do nothing else.
For reference, the actual change in damage output is roughly a 5/3 modifier (~1.67 times), which is better than any item regular Klinklang could hold. However, be aware that Klinklang's current home is in PU (shared with Mawile, incidentally - the Mega Evolution that went from base 85 Attack to "base 259" and didn't even have to spend all hundred points to do it!); I don’t think this is unwarranted.
In addition, this is a really over-the-top-looking boost, but it's also a really unoptimal one. In terms of how it compares to other Mega Evolutions, its Gear Grind is doing slightly less than Pokémon like Mega Pinsir (with Return), Mega Metagross (with Meteor Mash) and Mega Sceptile (with Leaf Storm). Its Attack is absurdly high, but it doesn't have a damage-boosting Ability to go with it, so it's not actually hitting for exorbitant amounts of damage - and each of those Pokémon has other significant advantages of their own, while this takes Klinklang's entire stat increase all to itself! I just want to stress that this stat spread, while exaggerated on purpose, is not actually as ridiculous as it looks and should not at all be overpowered.

But let's get to the fun part!! Aside from its potential breaking and sweeping power, Reinitialize itself is actually a really neat Ability for Klinklang to have!!
On one side, it might behave like a hindering Ability - it punishes Klinklang for using coverage moves by stopping its sweep anyway, making it easier to wall and harder to boost.
On the other hand, though... Mega Klinklang now has the most reliable Haze access in the game and can compress it into the same turn as any number of other moves! Aside from Shift Gear and Gear Grind, basically every move it would ever consider running resets not only its own stats but those of its opponent - so it can stop any other setup sweeper in its tracks.
Need to grab momentum? With Volt Switch, Mega Klinklang can clear an opponent's boosts and pivot out at the same time.
Want to neutralize the threat completely? Toxic or Thunder Wave can seriously cripple a setup sweeper in the long term at the same time that they lose their boosts.
Or what if you're worried that the sweeper will knock out Klinklang before it can act? You're looking at the only Pokémon that can use Protect and Haze in the same turn!

Mega Klinklang is a unique Pokémon whose Ability grants it unmatched utility and a total monopoly over stat boosting while leaving an obvious flaw in its own attempts to sweep, which I think is enough to make it one of the most interesting Mega Evolutions to use. This is something I would totally run on my teams, and I hope everyone else can have fun using it, too!
:klinklang:
Mega Klinklang
New Typing: Steel (unchanged)
New Ability: Plus/Minus/Clear Body → Bulletproof

New Stats: 70/135/180/70/85/90
HP: 70
ATK: 100 → 135 (+35)
DEF: 115 → 180 (+65)
SPA: 70 → 70 (--)
SPD: 85 → 85 (--)
SPE: 90 → 90 (--)

New Moves: Drill Run

TL;DR Description: +2 neutral speed with no investment outspeeds max speed base Cinderace and oneshots with Drill Run, and its defense is high enough that it can tank a HJK if it has to. bulletproof also gives it immunity to the two most common special Fighting-type moves (aura sphere and focus blast)
:ss/klinklang:
New Typing: Steel

Ability: Plus, MInus, Clear Body → Simple
HP:
Atk: 100120 (+20)
Def: 115120 (+5)
SpAtk: 70 → 80 (+10)
SpDef: 85120 (+35)
Speed: 90120 (+30)
BST: 520620
New Moves:
Description:
Let's face it gears are simple. Klinklang is simple so why not lean into that by giving it simple. Now shift gear will really get it going. Really though odds are you're gonna sub, shift, and stomp. Maybe shift again if you need to stomp again. It's really simple and could easily be shut down by taunt or something.
:ss/klinklang: Klinklang-mega
Ability
: Plus/Minus/Clear Body -> Anti-Clockwise Spiralling
(Mega Klinklang cannot be confused or Intimidated.)
Type: Steel -> Steel/Normal

New Stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 115 -> 140 (+25)
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 90 -> 145 (+55)
(520 -> 620 BST)

New moves: Rapid Spin and Thrash.
Mega Klinklang
Typing:
Steel ---> Steel/Electric
Ability: Plus/Minus/Clear Body ---> Electric Surge
HP: 60 ---> 60
Atk: 100 ---> 130 (+30)
Def: 115 ---> 115 (+0)
SpA: 70 ---> 100 (+30)
SpD: 85 ---> 85 (+0)
Spe: 90 ---> 130 (+40)
BST: 540 ---> 620 (+100)
Added Moves: Rapid Spin
Description: Klinklang sets sparks flying! Since Klinklang already gets so many Electric moves, not much was changed except increased offensive capabilities. Now, Klinklang can be a fearsome physical sweeper or a handy terrain setter.

Mega Klinklang
New Ability: Plus / Minus / Clear Body ----> Steelworker
New Typing: Steel/Electric

New Stats:

HP: 60 ----> 60
Attack: 100 ----> 150 (+50)
Defense: 115 ----> 135 (+20)
Special Attack: 70 ----> 80 (+10)
Special Defense: 85 ----> 105 (+20)
Speed: 90 ----> 90
Base Stat Total: 520 ----> 620
New Moves: Flame Wheel
Description: Steelworker makes sense flavor-wise since machines, which have gears, are invented to help workers do their jobs faster. With Steelworker, Gear Grind gets a total of 150 BP plus the ability to break Focus Sash and Sturdy. Flame Wheel, though low in power, gives it a coverage move to 2HKO Ferrothorn.

:vanilluxe: Vanilluxe
:vanilluxe: Mega Vanilluxe
New Ability: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor -> Cold Sweat
(When Mega Vanilluxe enters battle, it changes the weather to hail. When facing an opponent with a super effective move or an OHKO move, it shivers and changes the weather to rain.)
Type: Ice

New Stats:
HP: 71
Attack: 95
Defense: 85
Special Attack: 110 -> 160 (+50)
Special Defense: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Speed: 79 -> 109 (+30)
(635 BST)

Description:
The idea behind this Mega Vanilluxe was to set rain in a unique way, enabling it to run Weather Ball reliably for coverage. Since Weather Ball in rain is like having a 100 BP STAB move, even though Vanilluxe isn't actually a Water-type, this is a fantastic move for it to run, and it complements its Ice STAB and Freeze-Dry to give it excellent coverage.
I chose to make the Ability mimic Anticipation's effect because it would primarily be used to deal with Rock- and Fire-types, which are the only two types that are weak to Water but not to Ice, and Steel-types, which resist Ice but not Water - these types are all super effective against Vanilluxe, so the condition for setting rain matches the situations that call for it. (I can also picture Vanilluxe "melting" in a way that looks like a nervous sweatdrop when faced with a Fire-type Pokémon!)
It could instead just have Drizzle, and it might if this code doesn't work, but that's not as fun and gimmicky... I think this idea is cuter! XP

With its Speed tier and its ability to set rain against many major threats, Mega Vanilluxe can gain the upper hand against a surprising amount of the tier - important Pokémon like Terrakion, Blacephalon, Mega Charizard Y which is super funny to me, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Volcarona are all surprisingly vulnerable to Mega Vanilluxe.
However, just having a Water-type move isn't enough to win every matchup; Vanilluxe's physical bulk is not fantastic, and rain doesn't help defensively against Rock or Steel or at all against Fighting, so it's still vulnerable to other faster offensive threats and those bulky enough to live one hit. In return, Vanilluxe is no longer capable of running Hidden Power Fire like its base form, as its own Ability often weakens its power, which leaves it more easily walled by some Steel-types.

Mega Vanilluxe can potentially still set Aurora Veil for itself (this is more reliable if you do it before you Mega Evolve, though - Cold Sweat will get rid of its hail before it uses Aurora Veil if its opponent switches out to a type advantage), and somewhat uniquely, it brings this option to rain teams as well as hail ones, although it can't combine it with Light Clay and isn't the best at using it to support other Pokémon.
Both Ice Beam and Blizzard are options worth considering for its Ice STAB - Blizzard is the better option when it's operating in its own hail, but Ice Beam stays reliable even in rain at the cost of some of its power - and Freeze-Dry remains its best coverage move, targeting the Water-types that resist Blizzard and Weather Ball.
160 Special Attack is roughly equivalent to a Life Orb boost for Vanilluxe.
:vanilluxe:
Mega Vanilluxe
New Typing: Ice (unchanged)
New Ability: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor → Ice Face

New Stats:
Mega Vanilluxe (Ice Face): 71/95/85/160/145/79
ATK: 95 → 95 (--)
DEF: 85 → 85 (--)
SPA: 110 → 160 (+50)
SPD: 95 → 145 (+50)
SPE: 79 → 79 (--)

Mega Vanilluxe (Noice Face): 71/95/85/160/95/129
DEF: 85 → 85 (--)
SPA: 110 → 160 (+50)
SPD: 95 → 95 (--)
SPE: 79 → 129 (+50)

New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Mud Bomb

TL;DR Description: Using the hail set from its base form's Snow Warning, Ice Face gives Vanilluxe a free turn to set up Aurora Veil if it wants, or protects it from priority of some sort.
The added coverage moves (both meant to resemble various ice cream toppings, if flavor is an issue) help it cause problems for threats that might outspeed in its base form and break its defenses but are no match for Noice Face's base 129 speed.
I DONT KNOW OKAY i also dont want me to be doing this

unfortunately the way Ice Face functions as written, the hail set by its base form's Snow Warning won't refresh it; the hail has to have been set After it loses its Ice Face. i suspect that might be less of a problem for this thing than it is for Eiscue though.

running it on a dedicated hail team would give it the chance to set up again if it'd like to after switching out. it doesnt necessarily need to reset its ice face though; the free turn should be enough of a draw in and of itself, letting it 2hko some things it would otherwise lose to in a speed battle, or safely set up an aurora veil.

it should also be decidedly usable in its ice face form; there's no attack change between the two, and its special defense has been buffed considerably to force opponents to pick between dealing reduced damage or spending a turn to break its ice face. and if they do break it, they've got to contend with it being Very Fast Now. i dunno it seems fun to me !!!

… also can i just say what a fantastic name for a form "noice face" is? i had to type it so many times for this and its completely impossible to take seriously i love it SO MUCH
:ss/vanilluxe:
New Typing: View attachment 274304
Ability: Ice Body, Snow Warning; Weak Armor → Primitive Hail (CLONE of Primordial Sea; the weather becomes intense snow that boosts the power of Ice-type moves by 50% while also having the same other effects as hail. This weather lasts until the user switches out and cannot be disrupted.)
Atk: 95 → 135 (+40)
Def: 85 → 95 (+10)
SpAtk: 110 → 120 (+30)
SpDef: 95 → 115 (+20)
Speed: 79
BST: 635
New Moves: None
Description: With Primitive Hail, Mega Vanilluxe becomes an amazing wallbreaker, hitting many unresisted things hard with its boosted 100% accurate Blizzards. Rain teams also hate facing this thing, since Freeze-Dry will kill the majority of the abusers. Permanent weather means that the likes of Torkoal and Tyranitar cannot disrupt it, making it consistent at disrupting other weather. It holds some solid bulk as well, making it not too hard to revenge kill. However, it is weak to hazards, so it will not always be repeatedly switching. While 79 Speed seems mediocre for a wallbreaker, Autotomize allows it to outspeed many key offensive threats such as Dragapult, Zeraora, and Alakazam. Unfortunately, it does lack any coverage moves to hit most Fire- and Steel-types bar Focus Blast.
:ss/vanilluxe: Vanilluxe-mega
New Ability
: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor -> Slush Rush
Type: Ice -> Ice/Fairy

New Stats:
Attack: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Special Attack: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Speed: 79 -> 89 (+10)
(535 -> 635 BST)

New moves: Dazzling Gleam, Surf and Liquidation.
:ss/vanilluxe:
Mega Vanilluxe
Typing
: Ice ---> Ice/Fairy
Ability: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor ---> Slush Rush
HP: 71 ---> 71
Atk: 95 ---> 115 (+20)
Def: 85 ---> 85
SpA: 115 ---> 160 (+45)
SpD: 95 ---> 105 (+10)
Spe: 79 ---> 104 (+25)
BST: 535 ---> 635 (+100)
Added Moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Focus Blast, Earth Power
Description: Sugar rush lol. In all serious, other sweet-based Pokemon, like Slurpuff and Alcremie, are Fairy-types, so I thought it would be fair for Vanilluxe to receive this typing too. With the ability to set up its own hail for Slush Rush, Vanilluxe becomes a super fast wallbreaker, although it's only able to set up its weather once.

Mega Vanilluxe
New Ability : Ice Body / Snow Warning/ Weak Armor ----> Hot Fudge: User's Ice-type moves have 30% chance to burn the opponent. (Similar to Poison Touch)
New Typing: Ice

New Stats:

HP: 71 ----> 71
Attack: 95 ----> 105 (+10)
Defense: 85 ----> 85
Special Attack: 110 ----> 150 (+40)
Special Defense: 95 ----> 115 (+20)
Speed: 79 ----> 109 (+30)
Base Stat Total: 535 ----> 635
New Moves: Focus Blast
Description: A hot fudge sundae. Mega Vanilluxe's STAB Ice-type moves have an approximately 37% chance of either burning or freezing the opponent, making it hard to switch into especially with its good 150 Special Attack stat. It would want to run Ice Beam now since Hail only lasts 5 turns, though its hail can still be useful for setting up an Aurora Veil and for chip damage. Weak Armor is also a fine pre-mega ability if you are confident enough that Vanilluxe will have the opportunity to switch into a weak physical move, giving it the ability to sweep. Focus Blast gives it much needed coverage to hit Steel-types hard.

:garbodor: Garbodor
:garbodor: Mega Garbodor
New Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Miasma
(While Mega Garbodor is present, any Pokémon that switches in to replace a fainted ally enters with reduced Defense, Special Defense and Speed. Pokémon that enter in other ways are not affected.)
Type: Poison/Steel

New Stats:
Attack: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Defense: 82
Special Attack: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Special Defense: 82 -> 115 (+33)
Speed: 75 -> 92 (+17)
Weight: 107.3 -> 607.3 (+500)
(574 BST)

New moves: Heavy Slam
Description:
While it's initially more of a tank than a sweeper, Mega Garbodor uses its unique Ability to put its opponent in a state of disadvantage if it's allowed to knock something out. Miasma strongly pressures opponents to switch out rather than allow Mega Garbodor to claim a KO by guaranteeing that whatever is sent in to revenge it is in much greater danger.
In return, these switches generate free turns that allow it to set up hazards and support its team like most Garbodor - and if it does take anything down, it can potentially clean up weakened teams and win the game outright if its opponent has no defensive answers.
Mega Garbodor's Speed is high enough to creep anywhere from base 115s to something like Zeraora at -1 Speed depending on its investment, and between its powerful defensive type and its improved Special Defense, it's also bulky enough to capitalize on any points that are devoted to HP. This affords it a good amount of flexibility according to the needs of the rest of the team.

I admittedly wasn't totally sure what stats to give it - and I'm totally willing to buff it or nerf it as is deemed necessary (please give feedback!) - but I settled on this Attack stat first by exploring Pokémon that I thought played in a comparable way and then by running calcs against common Pokémon in National Dex OU and seeing what seemed "safe." There are still plenty of common Pokémon like Landorus-T, Garchomp, Hippowdon and Swampert (it's actually quite rare to see a team with no Ground-types, to my understanding!) that can counter it reliably, and Corviknight can easily deny it progress as well. There are also a good number of Pokémon that can switch in on it and reliably counter it but aren't willing to come in to revenge it thanks to Miasma, which I think is a unique dynamic and is a quality I was hoping it would have this is probably the only Pokémon whose counters aren't all checks, haha.
With an Ability like Miasma, I was more worried about making it too strong than too weak, so I was careful to make sure reliable counters would still naturally exist on a majority of teams and keep it from just sweeping right away without support; even so, I tried to make it reach the upper range of its potential while remaining balanced, and I'm optimistic that it can perform its job well and do it in a unique and interesting way.
:garbodor:
Mega Garbodor
New Typing: Poison (unchanged)
New Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath → Trash Compactor (This Pokemon is immune to all entry hazards. If it lands on any type of entry hazard, it clears the hazard and Stockpiles 1.)

New Stats: 80/95/132/95/132/40
DEF: 82 → 132 (+50)
SPA: 60 → 95 (+35)
SPD: 82 → 132 (+50)
SPE: 75 → 40 (-35)

New Moves: Stealth Rock, Knock Off

TL;DR Description: Its Ability discourages enemy hazard use, and punishes those that disregard it, boosting its defenses (and incidentally, its Body Press).
Stealth Rock and Knock Off expand its abilities to dish out hazard damage to the opponent as well, with Knock Off helping dispose of those pesky Boots that everything runs nowadays.
oh boy did someone say garbodor ??? one of my absolute favorite pokemon of all time??????

The main problem it runs into is that it still hasn't got much reliable recovery (although its attack stats being evened out makes Giga Drain easier to run), plus its attacks are fairly underwhelming without Stockpile boosting its Body Press. That being said, at Stockpile 1 it will take only about ⅓ of its health from a utility Excadrill's Earthquake, and dish out a OHKO with Body Press in return. With its Special and Physical Attack stats evened out, its normal coverage should be enough to handle the vast majority of Rapid Spinners. And when combined with something running Defiant or Competitive to take out Defoggers, you've got a recipe for success! Or at least a recipe for "causing problems and being really annoying", i hope.

Since someone will know that you're running Mega Garbodor, it's definitely not really optimal to rely on someone else setting hazards, but… since it Stockpiles rather than just raising defenses, you could hypothetically Swallow or Spit Up the hazards you just picked up. Once again, its definitely a bad idea to run that, but the mental image of Garbodor picking up some spikes off the ground and just eating them is so… good… i cant stop thinking about it, i love garbodor more than i can put into words,
:ss/garbodor:
New Typing: View attachment 274282
Ability:
Stench, Weak Armor; Aftermath → Corrosion
HP:
Atk: 95 → 105 (+10)
Def: 82 → 122 (+40)
SpAtk: 60
SpDef: 82 → 122 (+40)
Speed: 75 → 85 (+10)
BST: 474 → 574
New Moves:
Slack Off
Description: Not many Spikers in the OU tier are able to fully take on Corviknight, who is one of the most prominent Defoggers currently. However, with Corrosion and relatively decent bulk, Garbodor is able to 1v1 Corviknight with Toxic singlehandedly as well as other defensive threats such as Toxapex and Amoonguss. Skarmory and Mandibuzz are also pressured into Toxic, letting Garbodor safely keep up Spikes. Of course, it needs reliably recovery as a way of staying up during a match, so I decided to give it Slack Off. This also serves as a really decent check to Rillaboom by virtue of its Poison typing, letting it withstand another top Pokemon in the tier. One of the few counters to a Corrosion Toxic is Reuniclus, Clefable, and Hatterene. However, Clefable and Hatterene don't enjoy taking a Gunk Shot.
:ss/garbodor: Garbodor-mega
New Ability
: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Wasteland
(This pokémon can poison even Steel- and Poison-type foes.)
Type: Poison -> Poison/Dark

New Stats:
Attack: 95 -> 105 (+10)
Defense: 82 -> 142 (+70)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Speed: 75 -> 65 (-10)
(474 -> 574 BST)

New moves: Recover and Knock Off.
In the words of TheJWittz:
"Garbotoxin, Garbotoxin, Garbotoxin! They just keep printing Garbodors with Garbotoxin!"

Type: Poison
Ability: Garbotoxin (as long as Mega Garbodor is on the field, all held items besides mega stones and Z-crystals are disabled; basically like how Neutralizing Gas is Gastro Acid in ability form, except it's Magic Room)
Stats:
HP: 80​
Att: 115 (+20)​
Def: 112 (+30)​
SpA: 80 (+20)​
SpD: 112 (+30)​
Spe: 75​

This iteration of Garbotoxin is only loosely based on the TCG ability of the same name. In the TGC, it disabled all other abilities as long as Garbodor was holding a Pokemon Tool (basically a held item). Since that's already covered by Neutralizing Gas, I thought it might be interesting to lean into the held item part of the ability, drawing further inspiration from Garbodor's other scary TGC thing in Trashalanche, as well as the move Corrosive Gas.

Because items have such varied effects, Garbotoxin too has multiple uses, but I think the most interesting use is supporting hazard stack, particularly when Toxic Spikes are in play (which Garbodor can set itself if it so chooses, along with regular Spikes). By disabling Heavy-Duty Boots, Garbodor prevents any Pokemon besides those with Magic Guard from coming in scot-free, and if Toxic Spikes are down, those Pokemon are crippled for the rest of the game. As an added bonus, it also helps poison whittle down Pokemon holding Leftovers.

Hopefully this ability isn't too custom. If it is, I'll try to cobble something together from Neutralizing Gas and Magic Room (if someone could direct me to the part of Pokemon Showdown's code with abilities and moves, that would be much appreciated).

Mega Garbodor
New Ability: Stench / Weak Armor / Aftermath ----> Iron Barbs
New Typing: Poison

New Stats:

HP: 80 ----> 80
Attack: 95 ----> 115 (+20)
Defense: 82 ----> 132 (+50)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60
Special Defense: 82 ----> 112 (+30)
Speed: 75 ----> 75
Base Stat Total: 474 ----> 574
New Moves: None
Description: Mega Garbodor excels at wearing down physical attackers with the combination of Iron Barbs, Spikes, and the ability to poison the opponent through Toxic or Toxic Spikes. Flavor-wise, Iron Barbs comes from scrap metal thrown into the heap of junk. High overall bulk makes it a consistent hazard setter with Pain Split or Drain Punch for recovery..
Mega Garbodor

Ability:
Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Mega Launcher
Typing:
Poison/Steel

Stats:
Atk: 95
Def: 82 -> 112 (+30)
SpA: 60 -> 130 (+70)

SpD: 82 -> 102 (+20)
Spe: 75 -> 55 (-20)
BST: 474 -> 574 (+100)

New Moves: Flash Cannon, Nasty Plot

Flavour: Garbodor's body becomes larger and less... fat? And more so having its weight distributed more evenly across its now larger body. Bits of scrap meal point out of it from all directions, and a large trash can covers one of its arms, acting like a cannon (hence Mega Launcher).
Competitive: Mega Garbodor has very nice bulk combined with good damage output and Nasty Plot making it a nice bulky threat. Due to its ability Mega Launcher it really doesn't care about having Poison STAB, as it can run Flash Cannon to hit fairies and Dark Pulse effectively has STAB making it preferred. As a 3rd move it can run Focus Blast, Psychic, Thunderbolt or Giga Drain, with its 4th move being Nasty Plot. That's basically all it runs, although moves such as Explosion, Toxic Spikes, Pain Split or possibly Autotomize could also have some use. Poison/Steel is also a very nice defensive typing, with lots of resists and few weaknesses, although one of those is a 4x weakness to Ground.

Poison Pulse
Poison Type
Special
85 BP
100 Acc
15 (24) PP
20% Chance to flinch. Pulse Move
Dark Pulse clone

this was? so hard? i had to sit here for like fifteen minutes looking over the garbodors. there are so many top notch garbodors like more than i can physically vote for. alas

anyway, my votes! and ill be ready to collect them like i said i would earlier ^_^ (no one edits their votes after posting, right? do i have to worry about that if im tallying them as we go??)
:klinklang: Klinklang; Hematite, zxgzxg, Revenge of Depressed Gay
:vanilluxe: Vanilluxe; Hematite, MegaFlareon, inkbug
:garbodor: Garbodor; DrPumpkinz, Hematite, inkbug

The Trashman: inkbug, Hematite, DrPumpkinz
(honorable mentions: RottenInfernape, IsoCon)
Ice Cream: Hematite, MegaFlareon, inkbug
(honorable mentions: RottenInfernape, zxgzxg)
Gear Metal: zxgzxg, inkbug, MegaFlareon
(honorable mentions: Hematite)

Last edited:
i did notice it looked like some subs had been deleted afterwards?
yea, i deleted my subs, since what hema said in the discord was pretty much true, and i looked at my subs and realized that they had nothing in common of what players would expect with an mega if that mon. sure, going risky may have higher rewards, but i dont want to end another slate without votes. (also, i woudnt win anyway)
:garbodor: hema, ink, catalisador
:vanilluxe: hema, rotten, ink
:klinklang: zgxzgx, flareon, ink

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:klinklang: Klinklang: zxgzxg !
Mega Klinklang
Typing:
Steel ---> Steel/Electric
Ability: Plus/Minus/Clear Body ---> Electric Surge
HP: 60 ---> 60
Atk: 100 ---> 130 (+30)
Def: 115 ---> 115 (+0)
SpA: 70 ---> 100 (+30)
SpD: 85 ---> 85 (+0)
Spe: 90 ---> 130 (+40)
BST: 540 ---> 620 (+100)
Added Moves: Rapid Spin
Description: Klinklang sets sparks flying! Since Klinklang already gets so many Electric moves, not much was changed except increased offensive capabilities. Now, Klinklang can be a fearsome physical sweeper or a handy terrain setter.
:klinklang:HematiteinkbugRevenge of Depressed GayCatalisadorzxgzxgMegaFlareon
3-point votesinkbug, DrPumpkinz,Hematite,war incarnate, MegaFlareon, kakaks,
2-point votesHematite,war incarnate, MegaFlareon,inkbug, DrPumpkinz,kakaks,
1-point votesHematite, kakaks,inkbug, MegaFlareon,war incarnate,
TOTAL6 + 2 + 0 =
0 + 4 + 2 =
3 + 0 + 2 =
-9 + 4 + 0 =
0 + 2 + 1 =
:vanilluxe: Vanilluxe: Hematite !
:vanilluxe: Mega Vanilluxe
New Ability: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor -> Cold Sweat
(When Mega Vanilluxe enters battle, it changes the weather to hail. When facing an opponent with a super effective move or an OHKO move, it shivers and changes the weather to rain.)
Type: Ice

New Stats:
Attack: 95
Defense: 85
Speed: 79 -> 109 (+30)
(635 BST)

Description:
The idea behind this Mega Vanilluxe was to set rain in a unique way, enabling it to run Weather Ball reliably for coverage. Since Weather Ball in rain is like having a 100 BP STAB move, even though Vanilluxe isn't actually a Water-type, this is a fantastic move for it to run, and it complements its Ice STAB and Freeze-Dry to give it excellent coverage.
I chose to make the Ability mimic Anticipation's effect because it would primarily be used to deal with Rock- and Fire-types, which are the only two types that are weak to Water but not to Ice, and Steel-types, which resist Ice but not Water - these types are all super effective against Vanilluxe, so the condition for setting rain matches the situations that call for it. (I can also picture Vanilluxe "melting" in a way that looks like a nervous sweatdrop when faced with a Fire-type Pokémon!)
It could instead just have Drizzle, and it might if this code doesn't work, but that's not as fun and gimmicky... I think this idea is cuter! XP

With its Speed tier and its ability to set rain against many major threats, Mega Vanilluxe can gain the upper hand against a surprising amount of the tier - important Pokémon like Terrakion, Blacephalon, Mega Charizard Y which is super funny to me, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Volcarona are all surprisingly vulnerable to Mega Vanilluxe.
However, just having a Water-type move isn't enough to win every matchup; Vanilluxe's physical bulk is not fantastic, and rain doesn't help defensively against Rock or Steel or at all against Fighting, so it's still vulnerable to other faster offensive threats and those bulky enough to live one hit. In return, Vanilluxe is no longer capable of running Hidden Power Fire like its base form, as its own Ability often weakens its power, which leaves it more easily walled by some Steel-types.

Mega Vanilluxe can potentially still set Aurora Veil for itself (this is more reliable if you do it before you Mega Evolve, though - Cold Sweat will get rid of its hail before it uses Aurora Veil if its opponent switches out to a type advantage), and somewhat uniquely, it brings this option to rain teams as well as hail ones, although it can't combine it with Light Clay and isn't the best at using it to support other Pokémon.
Both Ice Beam and Blizzard are options worth considering for its Ice STAB - Blizzard is the better option when it's operating in its own hail, but Ice Beam stays reliable even in rain at the cost of some of its power - and Freeze-Dry remains its best coverage move, targeting the Water-types that resist Blizzard and Weather Ball.
160 Special Attack is roughly equivalent to a Life Orb boost for Vanilluxe.
:vanilluxe:HematiteinkbugRottenInfernapeCatalisadorzxgzxgMegaFlareon
3-point votesinkbug, war incarnate, kakaks,DrPumpkinz, Hematite, MegaFlareon,
2-point votesHematite, MegaFlareon,kakaks,inkbug, war incarnate,
1-point votesinkbug, war incarnate, kakaks,Hematite, MegaFlareon,
TOTAL9 + 4 + 0 =
9 + 0 + 3 =
0 + 2 + 0 =
--0 + 4 + 2 =
:garbodor: Garbodor: inkbug (!)
:garbodor:
Mega Garbodor
New Typing: Poison (unchanged)
New Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath → Trash Compactor (This Pokemon is immune to all entry hazards. If it lands on any type of entry hazard, it clears the hazard and Stockpiles 1.)

New Stats:
80/95/132/95/132/40
DEF:
82 → 132 (+50)
SPA:
60 → 95 (+35)
SPD:
82 → 132 (+50)
SPE:
75 → 40 (-35)

New Moves:
Stealth Rock, Knock Off

TL;DR Description:
Its Ability discourages enemy hazard use, and punishes those that disregard it, boosting its defenses (and incidentally, its Body Press).
Stealth Rock and Knock Off expand its abilities to dish out hazard damage to the opponent as well, with Knock Off helping dispose of those pesky Boots that everything runs nowadays.
oh boy did someone say garbodor ??? one of my absolute favorite pokemon of all time??????

The main problem it runs into is that it still hasn't got much reliable recovery (although its attack stats being evened out makes Giga Drain easier to run), plus its attacks are fairly underwhelming without Stockpile boosting its Body Press. That being said, at Stockpile 1 it will take only about ⅓ of its health from a utility Excadrill's Earthquake, and dish out a OHKO with Body Press in return. With its Special and Physical Attack stats evened out, its normal coverage should be enough to handle the vast majority of Rapid Spinners. And when combined with something running Defiant or Competitive to take out Defoggers, you've got a recipe for success! Or at least a recipe for "causing problems and being really annoying", i hope.

Since someone will know that you're running Mega Garbodor, it's definitely not really optimal to rely on someone else setting hazards, but… since it Stockpiles rather than just raising defenses, you could hypothetically Swallow or Spit Up the hazards you just picked up. Once again, its definitely a bad idea to run that, but the mental image of Garbodor picking up some spikes off the ground and just eating them is so… good… i cant stop thinking about it, i love garbodor more than i can put into words,
:garbodor:HematiteinkbugRottenInfernapeCatalisadorDrPumpkinzMegaFlareonIsoCon
3-point voteskakaks,war incarnate,MegaFlareon,inkbug, Hematite,DrPumpkinz,
2-point votesinkbug, war incarnate,DrPumpkinz, Hematite, kakaks,MegaFlareon,
1-point votesHematite,inkbug,kakaks,war incarnate, DrPumpkinz, MegaFlareon,
TOTAL3 + 4 + 1 =
3 + 6 + 1 =
3 + 0 + 0 =
0 + 2 + 1 =
6 + 0 + 3 =
3 + 0 + 0 =
-

garbodor my friend garbodor ;_; thank yall and big congrats to zxg and hematite, i cant WAIT to use all of these :D

And once again, congratulations to our winners! Now time for . . .

Slate 9

:ss/flareon: :ss/jolteon: :ss/vaporeon:

Time for one of everybody’s favorite Pokémon trio: EEVEELUTIONS. Unfortunately, none are good in NatDex, so will the winner make it viable? You may start submitting!

Mega Vaporeon
New Ability: Water Abrsorb / Hydration ----> Pastel Veil
New Typing: Water

New Stats:

HP: 130 ----> 130
Attack: 65 ----> 75 (+10)
Defense: 60 ----> 100 (+40)
Special Attack: 110 ----> 140 (+30)
Speed: 65 ----> 65
Base Stat Total: 525 ----> 625
New Moves: Psychic
Description: Pastel Veil, along with improved BULK, makes it really hard for Vaporeon to be worn down. Psychic gives it an option to power through the likes of Toxapex and Mega Venusaur. Overall, Mega Vaporeon can work as a bulky offensive pivot or a Wishpasser cleric, depending on your team's needs.

Mega Jolteon
New Ability: Volt Absorb / Quick Feet ----> Sharp Striker (same ability as Mega Cinderace: increases the power of Ball moves)
New Typing: Electric

New Stats:

HP: 65 ----> 65
Defense: 60 ----> 60
Speed: 130 ----> 170 (+40)
New Moves: Bug Buzz
Description: Took Mega Cinderace's ability literally word-wise and gave it to the eeveelution with sharp bristles. Sharp Striker gives Mega Jolteon's Electro Ball incredible and consistent power, especially with its blazing 170 Speed stat. It also grants Shadow Ball coverage a substantial boost. Mega Jolteon OHKOes defensive staples such as Toxapex, Corviknight, and utility Clefable while 2HKOing Landorus-T with Shadow Ball. 170 Speed allows it to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Bug Buzz allows it to hit Grass-types hard, making up for its loss of Signal Beam.

Mega Flareon
New Ability: Flash Fire / Guts ----> Drought
New Typing: Fire

New Stats:

Attack: 130 ----> 170 (+40)
Defense: 60 ----> 60
Special Attack: 95 ----> 105 (+10)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 ----> 95 (+30)
New Moves: Morning Sun
Description: My boy Flareon's time to shine! Flareon's Pokedex entries state how hot its body is, so its Mega Evolution turns up the heat in the battlefield. Drought along with 170 Attack stat makes its Flare Blitz hit really, really hard. Morning Sun adds the icing on the cake, giving it an instant recovery move that restores 66% HP when its sun is active. As powerful as it is, Mega Flareon still has its flaws. It lacks coverage aside from Superpower, its Speed stat, while good, falls short from other offensive Pokemon such as Urshifu and Hydreigon, and it still has a low Defense stat making it prone to priority.

I swear this slate happened already, but I got random ideas so:

Mega Vaporeon
New Ability: Hydrate (Water-ate)
New Typing: Water
New Stats:
HP: 130
Defense: 60 ----> 90 (+30)
Special Attack: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 ----> 75 (+10)
New Moves: Calm Mind, Aura Sphere
Description: Ate-Attacker: bulky booster edition. Find opportunities to set up and strike with Hydrate-boosted Hyper Voice. Also has coverage in Ice Beam and Aura Sphere, alongside Quick Attack if that is ever needed.

Mega Jolteon
New Ability: Galvanize
New Typing: Electric
New Stats:
HP: 65
Attack: 65 ----> 85 (+20)
Defense: 60 ----> 80 (+20)
Special Defense: 95 ----> 105 (+10)
Speed: 130 ----> 150 (+20)
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Energy Ball
Description: Ate-Attacker: fast and offensive edition. Use that crazy speed tier to your advantage, while firing Galvanize-boosted Hyper Voice alongside your finally-gotten coverage in Aura Sphere and Energy Ball.

Mega Flareon
New Ability: Ignite (Apparently this is the fire ate)
New Stats:
Attack: 130 ----> 160 (+30)
Defense: 60 ----> 90 (+30)
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 ----> 85 (+20)
New Moves: High Horsepower, Aura Sphere
Description: Ate-Attacker: wallbreaker edition. Ignite-boosted Return (or Double-Edge if you're cool) hits hard, while real coverage in High Horsepower exists this time. Even Quick Attack is available, and being Ignite-boosted off that attack stat hurts.

Suggestions are welcome.

:ss/flareon:
Mega Flareon
New Ability: Flash Fire/Guts ----> Defiant

New Stats:

Attack: 130 ----> 165 (+35)
Defense: 60 ----> 85 (+25)
Special Attack: 95 ----> 95
Special Defense: 110 ----> 110
Speed: 65 ----> 105 (+40)
New Moves: Wild Charge
Description: All-out-attacker that can also use Defiant to not only punish defensive teams, but can also punish stat drops. Wild Charge makes Toxapex less of an issue, and the coverage it already has (Superpower) does a good job at dispatching would-be threats like Hydreigon and Heatran, all while dispatching Tyranitar (and its mega). Meanwhile base 165 attack hits hard unboosted, while 105 speed puts it ahead of many notable threats in the NatDex metagame. Despite this, it still carries many flaws. 105 base speed, while good, leaves it behind notable threats like Garchomp, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Loppunny, and its average-at-best defenses further worsen this issue. Furthermore, its coverage still isn't enough to deal with threats like Gliscor and Hippowdon, meaning that all of them can force it out with relative ease.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/vaporeon:
Mega Vaporeon
Type:
Water ---> Water
Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration ---> Sap Sipper
Stats
HP:
130 ---> 130
Atk: 65 ---> 65
Def: 60 ---> 95 (+35)
SpA: 110 ---> 130 (+20)
SpD: 95 ---> 140 (+45)
Spe: 65 ---> 65
BST: 525 ---> 625
Added Moves: Recover
Description: Fatmon. Amazing defensive typing, instantaneous recovery and larger bulk increases the longevity and lowers the former passiveness of this Pokemon.

:ss/Flareon:
Mega Flareon
Type:
Fire ---> Fire
Ability: Flash Fire/Guts ---> Speed Boost
Stats
Atk: 130 ---> 160 (+30)
Def: 60 ---> 75 (+15)
SpA: 95 ---> 130 (+35)
SpD: 110 ---> 110
Spe: 65 ---> 85 (+20)
BST: 525
Added Moves: Work Up
Description: Flareon's Japanese name means "Booster", so I thought, "Yeah, why not give it Speed Boost?" This Mega Evolution turns Flareon into a toned-down version of Blaziken, with no Fighting-type to resist Stealth Rocks, no decent boosting moves, and no physical coverage outside of Superpower and special coverage outside of Scorching Sands. However, the usefulness of Speed Boost and massive attacking power makes Flareon a potent sweeper nonetheless.

Last edited:
War Incarnate: your Mega Flareon is actually not outsped by Garchomp! Not that that's a bad thing (I don't think it's broken, and I don't think it likes that matchup either way), but I thought you should know that because you said it was.

zxgzxg: Vaporeon already gets Flip Turn, actually! It pairs well with Wish.
That said, the power level on this one seems... kind of ridiculous. It would be nice if someone other than me could judge, because I don't fully trust myself on this and I do tend to gravitate towards lower power levels, but I just want to point out that if this invests entirely in HP and Special Defense, its physical bulk is almost as high as max HP/Def Toxapex, and its special bulk is 50% higher than max HP/SpD Toxapex. It still has Regenerator, Scald, Toxic and one of the best defensive types in the game, only now it also has pivoting and Wish passing off of 130 base HP.
Edit: they've changed it to Sap Sipper now! Regenerator was the point of contention, so that solves the problem!

Please don't underestimate just how good a foundation Vaporeon makes for a Mega Evolution, guys!
The thing about high-HP, low-defense spreads is that every point you add to its defenses means that much more; a Mega can't have boosted HP, so low-HP, high-defense spreads have a distinctly harder time capitalizing on the same number of stat points. It's important to put thought into the amount of bulk you're giving it, because with base 130 HP, it can get out of hand very quickly - it has 60/95 Defenses right now, and it's not exactly frail. Regenerator is an insanely strong Ability to give something like this, and I think it's almost certainly a bad idea.

---

:vaporeon: Mega Vaporeon
New Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration -> Windstorm
(When using a status move, Mega Vaporeon creates a windstorm, which does Flying-type damage after two turns.)
Type: Water

New Stats:
HP: 130
Attack: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Defense: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Special Attack: 110 -> 125 (+15)
Speed: 65 -> 85 (+20)
(625 BST)

Description:
First, to clarify the effect: Windstorm is equivalent to using a Flying-type Future Sight, on which Mega Vaporeon does not have STAB (so it's effectively the same power as Scald).
The idea behind the Ability is that, as a support Pokémon, Vaporeon can aid its teammates by adding to their damage as they break down walls.
There are a few reasons why I chose this specific effect and type:
Primarily, Mega Vaporeon is meant to support its team rather than win its own battles. As much as Windstorm helps Mega Vaporeon, it also encourages it to pivot in and out often to support its team rather than stay in and fight.
The fact that Flying is super effective against Grass, but also the fact that it's resisted by Electric, were deciding factors behind the choice of type, and the fact that it's a delayed effect at all further emphasizes this support-based (rather than strictly defensive) role:

- First and foremost, if a Grass-type comes in, Windstorm doesn't make Vaporeon beat it - Vaporeon can't even afford to stay in against them, because they threaten it offensively, while the effect doesn't work until the end of the turn. Windstorm helps Vaporeon's team beat Grass-types, but it doesn't enable Vaporeon itself to face them directly; it will still almost always be switching out in the face of opposing Grass-types. At the same time, targeting specifically Grass is a valuable form of support for many offensive Pokémon, because those are some of the most common walls - many Pokémon will appreciate Vaporeon using Windstorm from the sidelines to wear them down or keep them from switching in during other Pokémon's sweeps.
- Meanwhile, by virtue of its type weaknesses, Mega Vaporeon invites Electric-types to threaten it offensively. Because Windstorm's damage is resisted by Electric, it deliberately leaves this route open as a way to punish Mega Vaporeon more than most types - it's not able to work around all of its weaknesses at once. As more prominent Electric-type Pokémon are offensive than defensive, specifically doing end-of-turn damage to them doesn't really feel like a relevant way to support offensive teammates - that would feel to me more like helping itself than finding a place as offensive support, so one of the reasons I chose Flying was because it further cemented the purpose of the Ability and was "pro-concept" rather than just being the most beneficial to Vaporeon in a vacuum.
- That aside, just being a delayed effect at all rather than "supporting" its team by crippling or heavily damaging walls (which is also totally a valid form of support) pairs interestingly with Wish. I could just as easily actually way more easily have given it Aerilate or something, but going about it this way effectively ensures that Vaporeon does its best work while not on the field, which is pretty unique, I think? I like this specialty in delayed effects and support for Vaporeon, and having used base Vaporeon on many teams, it feels truer to what I see as its playing style.

---

:jolteon: Mega Jolteon
New Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet -> Tempestuous
(When Mega Jolteon enters battle to replace a defeated ally, it immediately uses Charge. This has no effect when it enters battle any other way.)
Type: Electric

New Stats:
Attack: 65
Defense: 60
Special Defense: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Speed: 130 -> 150 (+20)
(625 BST)

New moves: Calm Mind
Description:
This was mainly inspired by Jolteon's Pokédex entries, which all talk about how prone it is to mood swings and the interesting detail that changes in its mood also cause it to build up more electricity. I thought about what in-battle conditions might make it sad or angry the way its entries describe but also be good times to charge its power, and I settled for boosting its power for a single turn when it's aiming to revenge a Pokémon that defeated its ally.
Calm Mind was added as a way to capitalize on the free turns that an Ability like this is bound to generate - if it only has five chances to hit at full power, and it telegraphs an Electric-type move every single time, it would be way too easy to play around it just by switching out on those turns! I didn't want to go as far as Nasty Plot on something this fast, but Calm Mind seemed like a good middle ground - making it thrive in the long term but giving it somewhat less immediate damage than the Charge boost itself - while also pairing neatly with the +1 Special Defense that Charge already grants it. It's also some very fun flavor - on that first turn in battle, Jolteon has the choice between attacking out of anger for some instant-gratification breaking power or calming itself and becoming stronger in the long term.
Tempestuous makes Jolteon into a fantastic revenger and turns every knocked-out member of its team into a chance to grab back momentum, swing the battle in its favor and potentially sweep.

---

:flareon: Mega Flareon
New Ability: Flash Fire/Guts -> Blister
(Merciless clone. When targeting a burned opponent, Mega Flareon's moves are guaranteed to land a critical hit.)
Type: Fire

New Stats:
Attack: 130
Defense: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 -> 120 (+55)
(625 BST)

New moves: Sacred Fire
Description:
The lack of an Attack boost is deliberate, but the fact that Blister enables it to turn burns into offensive pressure is equally so.
Mega Flareon is a primarily defensive Pokémon with a surprising amount of set variety: despite its high Speed, tank sets that hardly invest in Speed at all are also potentially viable options - it can still outpace Pokémon like max Speed Hoopa-U, Excadrill, Bisharp and Rillaboom with almost no investment, leaving room for fully defensive tank sets that make the most of its high burn rates and Wish access. At the same time, fully offensive sets can capitalize on its (heh) blistering Speed, outpacing many other offensive Pokémon and fishing for potential burns to keep them from hitting it as hard back.

Sacred Fire flavor justification: the Eevee line is traditionally raised by the Kimono Girls and the Wise Trio in Johto's Ecruteak City, both of whom have strong connections to Ho-Oh and have played a role in summoning it at the Bell Tower. I actually don't personally buy into the theory that the Legendary Beasts were Eeveelutions before they were resurrected, but there's still enough of a cultural connection between them that it feels plausible for a Flareon to inherit some of Ho-Oh's powers, right? (This was really more a mechanical choice, though, haha.)

---
Code for Windstorm (first option - the "safer" option that I'm much more sure will work)
Code for Windstorm (second option - much neater as far as I'm concerned, unless it doesn't work XP)
Code for Tempestuous

Last edited:
Just like (almost) every other fan of the franchise, I do think the three original "eeveelutions" stand out among the other five because of their unique evolution concept in comparison to the original 150 and their minimalistic, yet so synmetrical (flavor wise, of course... hahaha) and type-faithful approach Game Freak had when creating them. However, as time went by, the trio slowly began to fade into obscurity competitively-wise - power creep levels heightened, other similar 'mons could do their niche better, and, of course, new checks were introduced generation after generation. BUT, I HATH THE POWER OF MEGA EVOLUTIONS ONCE AGAIN! So, without further ado...

Mega Vaporeon :vaporeon:
New Ability: Water Absorb / Hydration ----> Storm Drain
New Typing: Water ----> Water / Ghost
New Stats:
HP: 130 ----> 130
Defense: 60 ----> 70 (+10)
Special Attack: 110 ----> 150 (+40)
Speed: 65 ----> 95 (+30)
Base Stat Total: 525 ----> 625 (+100)
New Moves: Grass Knot, Hex

Flavor Changes: Some of Vaporeon's Pokedex entries state "disappearing/melting away into water", "controlling water molecules", "being mistaken for a mermaid" and "predicting rains". Design-wise, this mega would capitalize on such attributes, enough for it to become a part Ghost-type. While Ghost-type Pokemon have that supernatural, mythical, surreal aura into them, the main reason for me to add that typing here is Vaporeon's ability to "exist, but not be seen" in water - not only that, the prime example of that (gaseous state of matter) is present on its name etymology (vapor is, essentially, water in that state). As for the ability, regular Vaporeon's Water Absorb shows its water bending prowess - why not make it more expressive with a Special Attack boosting Storm Drain?

Competitive Changes: Historically, Vaporeon's role in competitive battling has been either that of a wall (on which its better used ever since it got HP recovery in Wish, the Defense-boosting Acid Armor, and cleric support in Heal Bell) or, albeit less expressive, a tank (essentially defined as something that can sponge hits AND hit back reasonably hard - something Vaporeon can do decently with its above-average 110 Special Attack stat). This Mega Vaporeon concept aims to, essentially, make it compete again on its original bulky Water role, but with a unique twist: it can not only be used as a straight-up wall, but also as a (better than before) tank, a wallbreaker (it has Work Up as a boosting move!), or even a sweeper (Acid Armor, Curse if you set-up pre-mega, pick your choice!) if desired, all of those in a very efficient manner with the massive Special Attack and Speed boosts, the Grass Knot and Hex additions, Storm Drain, and the newly gained Ghost typing - which grants Mega Vaporeon another resist, two very valuable immunities and another STAB that proves to be useful offensively (Water / Ghost is near-perfect coverage, walled only by a few handful of Pokemon).

Mega Jolteon :jolteon:
New Ability: Volt Absorb / Static ----> Lightning Rod
New Typing: Electric ---> Electric / Steel
New Stats:
Speed: 130 ----> 170 (+40)
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Steel Beam, Taunt, Spikes

Flavor Changes: Two of Jolteon's most defining characteristics, according to the multitude of its Pokédex entries, are its ability to accumulate electricity within its fur and its trait of using its spiky hair as a "throwable" weapon (really well-explained in its Pokémon Stadium entry: "Its weapons are its 10,000-volt electric attacks and its spiky fur. Its sharp hair can pierce enemies when it bristles.". Also why I added Spikes into its movepool). This Mega Jolteon would have its neck-surrounding white spiky hair transformed into hard, gray iron-like spikes that can further harness electricity by serving not only as a weapon, but also as an effective Lightning Rod to power up its Special Attack with outer currents.

Competitive Changes: Since the beginning of the series, Electric-types are mostly made to be fast, powerful attackers that have below-average bulk (there are some exceptions yes, but the majority of the type's representatives follow this pattern). Jolteon is the exact picture of that description, but with bigger emphasis on Speed - the attribute that made it stay on the top shelf of offensive Electric-types for five generations. This variant of Mega Jolteon, just like the other two submissions of mine, tries to turn it viable in the highest level again by adding unique utility traits and subtly improving its well-known offensive ones. Access to Spikes and a base 170 speed makes Mega Jolteon the second fastest Spikes setter in the whole metagame, ensuring a layer versus all opposition that's not a select group of Scarfers, Deoxys-Speed or Mega Dragapult. Add Taunt to the mix and you have an anti-lead and even some stallbreaking potential in tandem with its Toxic immunity. Offensively, Mega Jolteon now retains its Gen I "faster than almost everything" status, and can be used as an effective Fairy-type murderer - it's immune to paralysis, faster than most Fairies and can cleanly 2HKO every one of them at least.

Mega Flareon :flareon:
New Ability: Flash Fire / Guts ----> Backfire (Storm Drain / Lightning Rod equivalent; when hit by a Fire-type move, raises Special Attack by 1.5x)
New Typing: Fire ----> Fire / Fighting
New Stats:
Attack: 130 ----> 140 (+10)
Special Attack: 95 ----> 125 (+30)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 120 (+10)
Speed: 65 ----> 105 (+40)
New Moves: High Jump Kick, Triple Axel, Earth Power, U-turn

Flavor Changes: All (literally, all) of Flareon's Pokédex entries describes its fur as being a "flame chamber" capable of storing thermal energy and dissipating it into the air in the form of fire, effectively cooling its body down. With that in mind, this iteration of Mega Flareon would have slight patches of fur grown in its four legs and overall body, enabling it to Backfire high-temperature attacks by being nearly immune to them, despite being a Fire-type Pokemon. The internal flame now ignites Mega Flareon's fighting spirit, often making it go all-out against an enemy (Probably the closest "flavor" explanation for the part Fighting-type; that was more to mirror Mega Jolteon and Mega Vaporeon's secondary typings, and I wanted those to be types that didn't have "eeveelution" representation).

Competitive Changes: Out of the three original "eeveelutions", Flareon was by far (and still is) the less viable since the start. No coverage at all, poor bulk and a poor Speed stat made it be outclassed in its role even in the beginnings - Arcanine and even Rapidash were arguably better options from the first generation. Its already poor viability only diminished as time went on and new offensive Fire-types were introduced, making Flareon be more of a laughingstock competitively. To go up from the rock bottom of its competition, this Mega Flareon gets a much needed Speed boost, now surpassing the crowded 90 and 100 base Speed tiers. Fire / Fighting is incredibly beautiful offensively as proven by Infernape and Blaziken, but Mega Flareon's unique niche lies on Triple Axel and its added immunity; it's the first Fire-type to get an Ice move, and can take HUGE advantage of it to outspeed most and OHKO all Dragon-types in the metagame in combination with STAB High Jump Kick. The mixed attacking stats are perfect for Work Up and more reliable Fire-type STABs (Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Overheat) to be used, and U-turn allows Mega Flareon to chip damage threats it usually struggles breaking through (mainly bulky Waters).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)