SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

I really wonder what the Armorite Ore-esque item introduced in the Crown Tundra will be used for.

I hope it will be used as currency for another move tutor, but for some old moves instead i.e. Knock Off. Other than that, maybe that's how you get Ability Patches?
They confirmed no new move tutors, so... good point, hm. Maybe something more interesting, like bottle caps or evo items?

From this post:

For Series 7, Pokémon that were banned in Series 6 will return, making all Pokémon that were legal in Series 5 usable once again. Although Mythical Pokémon remain excluded, many Pokémon from The Crown Tundra will now be allowed—including a large number of Legendary Pokémon, though some of them will not have Crown Tundra Pokédex numbers.
Isn't our whole conception of which Pokemon are coming back based on scrubbed dex entries? I guess they must have scrubbed the blank ones too.

They confirmed no new move tutors, so... good point, hm. Maybe something more interesting, like bottle caps or evo items?
No *new* move tutors. While I don't think they would be this pedantic, I wouldn't rule out the return of previously existing move tutors. The fact they made the mistake of giving out the Tundra equivalent of Armorite Ore as a raid reward suggests to me that the two are similar in functionality in some way.

Last edited:
From this post:

Isn't our whole conception of which Pokemon are coming back based on scrubbed dex entries? I guess they must have scrubbed the blank ones too.
For some insane reason, the pokemon without dex numbers still get completely unused dex entries.

I'm guessing internally dex stuff is also tied to other things, anyway

So, can someone refresh my memory: Did Pokemon Home leak movesets for the new mons pre-release, like Urshifu and Galar Slowbro? Just curious to see if we can see what Regivolt and Regidraco can do before they touch down.

Has there been any credibility for Calyrex having multiple forms?

And the returning Pokemon aren't yet in the data/files in the current released build of the game right?

Has there been any credibility for Calyrex having multiple forms?

And the returning Pokemon aren't yet in the data/files in the current released build of the game right?
trusted dataminers and 2 blank spots with horse names
if im correct they have bst but not moves or models

bst referring to the snapped mons, if i recall someone hacked them in
Snapped mons have placeholder stats, only retaining Gen 7 levelup learnsets. PokeTips had a video showing this, but they deleted their interesting video for some reason.

1602464961335.png

1602464952348.png

For another example, a while back SciresM added Omastar's model onto Omastar's data, and you can tell it still has the placeholder stats from the sad 61 HP. Yet another reason why it's not a "Yamper model swap", contrary to unpopular belief.

About the new item ability patch... will this work on legendary or mythical Pokemon? Or event Pokemon in general?

Even if it does work, I assume Entie and the other two will be stuck with Inner Focus and not Flash Fire and the like?

Last edited:
Even if it does work, I assume Entie and the other two will be stuck with Inner Focus and not Flash Fire and the like?
Their abilities did not change, they're still Inner Focus (which is still pretty solid for Entei as now it blocks Intimidate btw)

And yes it was tested on legendaryes and it works, and it's possibly GF's way to kill the "event only" nature of HA legendaries, some of which had been stuck without VGC-legal hidden ability for 3+ generations.

Wow that is a big change.
On smogonian level, not really.

It enables some previously impossible combinations, but from what I know the only ones that truly should be impactful on smogonian level are HA galar fossils (which were unreleased) and Unaware softboiled Clefable.

As far as VGC comes though, this is the first time several HA legendaries will be legal since... many generations. Notably, the genies, kanto and jotho legendaries able to use their HAs will be impactful competitively, as well as obviously regenerator Ho-oh / Multiscale Lugia (which was available in 2018 year via a JP event that also gave it Hurricane).

The main appeal of Sand Rush is that it makes you free to run Band as you don't rely on rain+tailwind anymore to nuke things.
At least in singles, you don't need a speed boost to nuke things with band. Base 75 is enough to outspeed most fat things, and as long as you can outspeed one thing on the opponent's team, you can nuke everything on the opponent's team since it also boosts on the switch. And while scarf is better against offense, band still puts in work since 85 * Strong Jaw * Band * STAB is still pretty strong (especially against frailer targets), and again, they can't switch.

If you're going to run Sand Rush just run LO. Like, you're going through all the effort of setting up sand and switching Dracovish in. Just use it as a late game cleaner. Strong Jaw Jolly FR hits only 5% harder than Adamant LO FR but in the sand you're way faster. Also while you can't as easily use biting moves Life Orb does buff stuff like EQ and Low Kick so you can still cheese through your "counters" (EQ 2HKOs Pex with sand, Low Kick 2HKOs Ferro at 95%). Banded Sand Rush is just Scarf Strong Jaw but with extra steps.

Imo Sand Rush doesn't invalidate Scarf of Band, it's just another viable set.

By viable I mean broken.

Can't believe no one is talking about the obvious star of the Ability Patch, which is FINALLY being able to get Flame Body Heatran!!!!!!!!
We have for memes, and I am still waiting for someone to get cheesed horribly by it at some point.
Just imagine trying to fake out or u-turn into Heatran only to get burned and have your sweeper ruined...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)