Around We

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
People really don't use Admin enough, especially in Skeld. There are times where you can tell someone has vented because they have to go a specific route to get to diff rooms. For instance, in Skeld, a user can't go from Electrical to Security or Medbay without venting, so you can use it to narrow down the imposter during meetings. I tend to camp on admin when everyone hogs Security in Skeld, since the two together can be really powerful. There are other "impossible routes" but the Electrical-Medbay-Security thing is long and far the biggest.

This is also really helpful for Imposter, as you can deduce the rough routes everyone is going. The fewer numbers, the better. In Skeld, you have a vent right by you, which can give much quicker access to these areas. It's kinda what the thing is designed for, but many players just ignore it and it irritates the crap outta me.

Generally, though, a lot of Among Us players don't utilize the resources the game gives them enough.
Admin is the literal worst on Polus

I really like Specimen on Polus because it's really easy to pretend you were there. Nobody ever goes there except for sometimes passing from Admin to Lab, and you can get some decent kills there too. It's useless and that's what makes it good.

nolenot

Banned deucer.
decontamination is gay (the third definition on google pls no ban for homophobia) (especially on mira)

like seriously, who thought it would be a good idea to add a closed off room that everyone HAS to go through to get to two of the areas in the map, and has a vent leading into it that you can access from like literally EVERY other vent in the game?! And plus, you have to wait like 5 seconds before being able to go in there and check for a body after someone else enters, and by then the imposter has already vented away and did a a double kill on 2 crewmates confirming each other in medbay, and then faked tasks with green while artificially crossing sensors to create an alibi.

decontamination is pretty fun as imposter though
and reactor is also a closed off room which takes an hour to leave and enter, and also has vents in it that are connected to every other vent.
the southwest area in mirahq is just dumb in general
I want to die
/n" fuck weather nodes as well
I play on mobile and half the time the screen doesn't even register my fat fucking finger moving around and I cant take my finer off without resetting it, and it takes forever to reposition your finer right on the spot you need to drag to the finish.
and there's SIX of them what the H3CK!!!!!!!!!!!
admin swipe is easy just don't treat it like an actual swipe
why is every door in polus its own task
how do they know its me when i stack kill on lights
how to vent like blue
nvm his name is red i get it
why did that one lobby vote off the guy who literally got cleared by red because someone called him "sus" and said red is also killer for seeing black scan like what??????
its scientifically proven your more likely to be imposter if you move back and forth between someone really fast in pregame3 loby
why does the joystick always stick and jerk to the left even when there isnt water on my zipper man (haha get it because jojo and sticky fingers)
man /n" apparently the message "." doesn't send to other people, and only yourself
what is up with skeld electrical, i go there first every game admin, there's nothing special about it, it's really easy to find out who the killer is if everyone goes admin first like they always do, and they kill early in electrical, and anybody watched who went where and when.
"follow me i have garbage"
"wow man black kinda sus because he called emergency meeting lets vote him"
"black was ejected"
retards

thank you for listening to my ted talk bye!!!!!!!!!!

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
my hot take is that hafu is already better than 5up at amoongus

dont@me

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
my hot take is that hafu is already better than 5up at amoongus

dont@me

I personally think they’re both roughly the same level—I could see arguments for saying either of them is better. Both are outstanding players+really entertaining to watch.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don’t watch full vods so it is really tough to tell, but 5Up generally seems better at convincing people of random BS than Hafu while Hafu seems better at making bold plays and snowballing off them. 5Up wins a lot of close games that he shouldn’t and rarely loses blowouts the way Hafu does, but he also wins fewer blowouts than she does.

Personally my inclination is to think 5Up wins more consistently from the streams I’ve seen, but I have no scientific evidence to support this. Btw someone on reddit claimed Sykkuno had the highest imposter win rate among the main streamer groups which goes completely against what you see in the videos the various players post where he is constantly getting owned, so take anecdotal evidence with a grain of salt.

Either way I think they’re both better than Toast as Imposter. Toast just memes for YouTube content and is the best crew mate player I’ve seen, however.

Just had a game go down to three people left. Called an emergency meeting, since one kill means we lose. Other crewmate says we skip b/c no evidence (third guy had previously said someone killed in front of them, was wrong). Called another emergency meeting. Mother fucker skips AGAIN. We lose on oxygen.

This same fucking guy had lost the first two rounds as imposter, and was complaining about how they always lose.

I was playing a game where I walked down to security and saw green and lime running away from a body, I reported it and neither got voted out because I "didn't have enough evidence." Next, I see both of them vent. I get killed while going to call a meeting. Neither gets voted out, crewmates lose.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
I was playing a game where I walked down to security and saw green and lime running away from a body, I reported it and neither got voted out because I "didn't have enough evidence." Next, I see both of them vent. I get killed while going to call a meeting. Neither gets voted out, crewmates lose.
people have the attention span of hey what's that

Idea I had for when you play with a group of friends over voice chat: once everyone is in, make the room public long enough for a few extra randos to join, then when the round starts, everyone stays by the button and calls an emergency meeting as soon as possible. Unanimously vote off one of the randos without typing anything in the game chat. Repeat until every rando is voted off, then go about the game as normal. Relish in their confusion.

imagine joining a public game only to get voted off by some folk on voice. utterly infuriating.
You're oversimplifying. The situation is set up to feel like stumbling into a secret society meeting, or like those "the council will decide your fate". Just this group of people standing there, unmoving, silent, systematically voting people off in complete unison.
IMG-1952726647.jpg

Now that I think about it, the effect may or may not be ever better if instead of going about the game as normal, an imposter triggers reactor and the game ends with everyone still standing around the button. Maybe even leave one random person alive, knowing that they will be helpless in their attempts to stop the reactor from blowing.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
You're oversimplifying. The situation is set up to feel like stumbling into a secret society meeting, or like those "the council will decide your fate". Just this group of people standing there, unmoving, silent, systematically voting people off in complete unison.

Now that I think about it, the effect may or may not be ever better if instead of going about the game as normal, an imposter triggers reactor and the game ends with everyone still standing around the button. Maybe even leave one random person alive, knowing that they will be helpless in their attempts to stop the reactor from blowing.
The greater good.

GreaseBall Charlie has played with a super wide net of people and consistently dominates every group he plays in when imposter. Put whoever you want up against him and he will usually destroy them when he is on his game.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Me and pacattacc played Among Us a couple days ago and came across this savvy individual in a public lobby.
unknown-3.png

Somehow this wasn't the imposter, just didn't understand how the game works I guess? Probably a kid.

I play on mobile and trying to type in landscape is a nightmare (I have autocorrect disabled), but since I need to type quickly during meetings, I often leave in typos. I also run into walls a lot since mobile joystick isn't super precise. Therefore, this is my headcanon:

My spaceman is constantly wasted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)