SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Bolt beam = electric + ice

It was pretty obvious they were talking about the Arcto fossils.
Fair enough, in that case pretend i said nothing :P

And personally, I don't mind more slush rush users either. Hail as archetype really needs... something... as the existance of G-max Lapras basically made even Aurora Veil redundant :(

So, uh, about that recent pokenchi thing or whatever. It... seems to confirm Stantler despite it not being in the datamined list.
Well, we do know the datamine is partial data. It was partial for Isle of Armor too (a very small amount of moves were incorrect or missing).

Since "small amount" isn't 0, I never excluded that there might be "slightly more" or less than what the Tundra datamine has provided so far.

Like, we talking of dex entries confirming the returning mons, tecnically nothing is preventing GF from just adding more.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Until we see the model in the game its not really confirmed. It never has been.

They themselves might not know (even though they are usually on point with this stuff). Either that or they are dropping a bigger dex update than initially suggested by previous leaks.

Like, we talking of dex entries confirming the returning mons, tecnically nothing is preventing GF from just adding more.
These Pokemon could potentially not even get Pokedex updates like what's happened before. They'll just "exist" like in SM/USUM.

These Pokemon could potentially not even get Pokedex updates like what's happened before. They'll just "exist" like in SM/USUM.
We do know that some legendaries won't get Crown Tundra dex numbers. Though every legendary was confirmed in the dex leak, which very strongly suggests that they scrubbed the entries for everything that was planned to be coming back regardless of them having dex entries. Either that or there are some legendaries not in the datamined list, which in practice would mean returning mythicals in Dynamax adventures (which I'd love, but seems tremendously unlikely).

We do know that some legendaries won't get Crown Tundra dex numbers. Though every legendary was confirmed in the dex leak, which very strongly suggests that they scrubbed the entries for everything that was planned to be coming back regardless of them having dex entries. Either that or there are some legendaries not in the datamined list, which in practice would mean returning mythicals in Dynamax adventures (which I'd love, but seems tremendously unlikely).
Eh, disagree.

It's likely they didn't bother with new entries for some pokemon like they did in USUM.

For reference, none of the pokemon (legendary or regular) findable in ultrarifts had dex entries or numbers, even though they were regularly catchable in the games themselves.

It's likely they didn't bother with new entries for some pokemon like they did in USUM.
Sure, but the point is that there aren't any legendaries left to exclude. All of them are shown as having dex entries in the datamine, which means that there aren't any left to be missing from the datamine on the basis of lack of dex entries unless the "legendaries without Crown Tundra dex numbers" are actually unconfirmed mythicals.

I think the more likely explanation is that legends without dex entries still got visibly scrubbed, and Stantler is a last minute addition like Magearna was. Though it's certainly an eclectic choice.

Last edited:
I could see Stantler being a thing of like... wanting more winter-y Pokémon for the setting, and maybe feeling like they were relying on Pokémon already in the game too much. Perhaps also a lack of non-legendaries and there being no newly returning Gen 2 Pokémon aside from cross-evos weighed in on that.

:landorus: Landorus / :landorus-therian: Landorus-T
TRs/TMs: Self-Destruct, Scary Face, Weather Ball, Sand Tomb, Body Slam, Endure
IoA Tutor: Scorching Sands

So, Lando has now access to Weather Ball and Scorching Sands, both being good special moves. Weather Ball is the nuts under sun, and Scorching Sands is STAB and can spread burns all over the place.
With moves like Calm Mind, Grass Knot, Earth Power, Psychic, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb/Wave already in his arsenal, do you guys think that a Special set up/wallbreaker set can be at least viable, or the classic Physical oriented version will be the only way worth going?

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Leaks coming soon?

View attachment 283123

Just a guess but possibly Regieleki, Regidraco, Calyrex, both horses, both Calyrex fusions (last four in the bottom right), plus shinies?
Pretty sure that's almost certainly the case.

I can't get a clear view of the horses but they really do look literally like horses, and the Calyrex forms seem to be Calyrex riding the horses. I suppose that fits with them being the sovereign (Calyrex) and its steeds (the horses).

It woudl be pretty funny if the fusion literally was just calyrex riding the horses with 0 other changes.

What if the special item is just a saddle
I wouldn't call it funny, but my expectations for this franchise are so low lately, that I would not be totally surprised if that happened. They already proved their laziness again and again :(

Regieleki + Shiny, Regidrago + Shiny, White Horse + Shiny, Black Horse + Shiny, Calyrex + Shiny, Calyrex riding White Horse + Shiny, Calyrex riding Black Horse + Shiny

Also the shiny variants of the Galarian birds are literally coloured after their Kantonian counterparts which is a nice touch

It woudl be pretty funny if the fusion literally was just calyrex riding the horses with 0 other changes.

What if the special item is just a saddle
I am 100% expecting saddles for fusion items, but I was starting to think that maybe the Calyrex forms would look more like Kentaurosmon-style centaurs instead of just Calyrex on horses.

Also, who else expects Colress to return with the fusion items in hand?

I was semi-expecting Calyrex to be riding the horses with not many changes, though I wonder what a jackalope and horse fusion look like...

That aside, I'm wondering about the horses' types and if Calyrex's type will change post-'fusion'. We don't know anything about the horses sans their codenames so we can't guess on that front, though in hindsight I'm glad we got Calyrex's type as soon as it was revealed. I imagine a good number of people would expect it to be Fairy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)