SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Based on the previous pattern of things which appear in cutscenes, I'm expecting the Galar birds to be shiny locked :(
As a shiny hunter myself this hurts me, but on the bright side they could just make them obtainable through raid events. I mean, if they are going for the "Pokémon Go" style of "get 90 shinies a week", they should do it now that we've the raid thing. If not, they're missing a big opportunity.

I was semi-expecting Calyrex to be riding the horses with not many changes, though I wonder what a jackalope and horse fusion look like...

That aside, I'm wondering about the horses' types and if Calyrex's type will change post-'fusion'. We don't know anything about the horses sans their codenames so we can't guess on that front, though in hindsight I'm glad we got Calyrex's type as soon as it was revealed. I imagine a good number of people would expect it to be Fairy.
I suspect both horses to be monotype and one of them (the black one) is either Ghost or Dark. So, Calyrex being Grass/Psychic, I think when it fuses with them it loses the Psychic type faster than it would lose Grass. Specially if it just "rides" the horses. And judging by those sprites, Calyrex remains green on top of the horse.

For the white horse, I have no clue what type it can be. Probably Fairy (but we have already 2 fairy type legends in this gen, plus all the tapus, and Diancie, Xerneas...) or Ice (white resembles snow, idk).

As a shiny hunter myself this hurts me, but on the bright side they could just make them obtainable through raid events. I mean, if they are going for the "Pokémon Go" style of "get 90 shinies a week", they should do it now that we've the raid thing. If not, they're missing a big opportunity.
Nah, all gen 7 shiny locked pokemon were distributed as shiny later via events (either as partecipation prize for VGC contests, or just as code).

I'd expect the same, or more raid-related events (like they have done for Shiny Zeraora)

Nah, all gen 7 shiny locked pokemon were distributed as shiny later via events (either as partecipation prize for VGC contests, or just as code).

I'd expect the same, or more raid-related events (like they have done for Shiny Zeraora)
That's what I just said. Gen 8 introduced raids for the first time, not only that, but the 2nd DLC even has cooperative, long legendary raids. Pokémon has never had a mechanic so similar to Pokémon Go, which is why I'd make sense for Game Freak to do Shiny Legendary events (like they did with Zeraora) using raids in Sword and Shield. And if they don't, they are missing its opportunity.

I actually didn't realise until now that the galarian birds' normal colourations are the same colour schemes (more or less) as the kanto birds' shinies. So this is even neater; there's a swap going on either way!

... and now that an actual datamine happened I'm just gonna, loop out for a week

Using the original forms' colors for the Galarian Bird shinies is a really neat thing.

... them, the new Regis, and Eternatus are the only beacons of hope in a very disappointing legendary lineup this generation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)