SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

It looks like vp somehow got a hold of the full image of the black horse & Calyrex fusion before Centro posted it.

The back hooves definitely make it look likely to be ghost type. And the fusion, well... maybe the fusing item is not so much saddle but reigns...
The Shiny Fusion has Calyrex be Shiny, but the Dark Horse stay normal. At least Shiny Necrozma assimilates its legendary, Calyrex just gets on top and removes shininess.

The Shiny Fusion has Calyrex be Shiny, but the Dark Horse stay normal. At least Shiny Necrozma assimilates its legendary, Calyrex just gets on top and removes shininess.
Honestly Necrozma should also retain shininess of its other parts. Cherry Red Solgaleo goes straight back to stark white solgaleo, necrozma latching on and forcing it into "rising sun" mode wouldn't get rid of that.

Should take account of that in gen 9, honestly.

So Black Horse is very likely Water/Ghost and White Horse is very likely Ice/Fairy.
I would definitely be in favor of those typings, but I am tempering expectations and reminding myself that this is the gen of monotypes, I am fully expecting them to be mono ice and mono ghost.

...and then for GF to do an extreme 180 and make the fusions grass/psychic/ice and grass/psychic/ghost triple types through their ability or something. :psywoke:

EkyPKy8XUAc3WHb.jpg
The whole gang! Is the fusion item gonna be the reins? :blobthinking:

This will be the last thing I say about the matter but they surely went down after using the 3D models. It's like everything lacks soul, the mons don't have a character behind them. You look at II or IV Gen Scizor, and it'll be great or not to you, but it looks defiant, menacing. You look at it post V Gen and it's just another bipedal mon standing, just standing right there. Like Rhyperior, like Electivre, like Mewtwo, like... they are all the same, they have no character, their idle poses are just "a mon standing there".

Now, there's no reason to saturate a good design with poor choices. Typhlosion is a great design and its simple af, but when you take a simple design (like this horse) and portray it in a manner that suggest nothing (like this horse, which will be just standing there), it becomes 3D model Typhlosion, and that sucks.
I think the major problem with a lot of pokémon's idle animations is that they are too.. idle. They don't look like they are about to battle at all. Typhlosion´s current idle animation fits when it is following you or while in camp, but in battle there's no reason for it to not have its mane blazing in battle.

Also, I am a bit bewildered that a lot of pokémon have interesting fidget animations (when they stay idle too long), that you hardly ever see.

I think the fusions will be Ghost/Psychic and Ice/Psychic

The brain lighting up makes me think the psychic aspect will be emphasized for Calyrex (like a commander), with the horse meant to take the more active role in both taking hits and dishing them out.
Kinda disappointing if so, considering the bud emphasis in Calyrex's name and the fact we've had three psychic/ghost legendaries in the last 5 years.

View attachment 283182

Calyrex's head lighting up when it rides a horse is an interesting detail. Same with the extending cape.
Crap, this horses "fusions" are terrible.
According to this, if you ride a horse, you fuse with it. GG game freak.
It's literally the same horse and the same calyrex, no addons, just reins.
Even more dumb are the shiny versions: calyrex just screams at the horse and "Nope, I am the shiny here. I am in control"
The more resources they have, the lazier they make things.

1603211575049.png
People fuse with horses every day!

Even more dumb are the shiny versions: calyrex just screams at the horse and "Nope, I am the shiny here. I am in control"
Well, can you think of any other way for the game data to say big brain man is riding the horse?

Because classifying it as a fusion seems like the easiest to me.

View attachment 283194 People fuse with horses every day!
I mean how else would a person riding a horse look like? This ain't the DNA Splicers

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

I mean, going by pokemon logic, any pokemon on or nearby a larger pokemon becomes part of the larger pokemon (Mantine, Slowtwins, uhhh fuckin Dugtrio, etc). It's not like GF even advertised them as fusions

Is it really the same as “ fusion “ as the level of Kyurem/Necrozma ? It just looks like they gave Calyrex reins and a longer cape so it could ride the horses, unlike Kyurem/Necrozma who absorb the host Pokémon.

Kyurem is fusion, absorbing the other (iirc the term is literally Absofusion in game)
Necrozma is a parasite latching onto another
Calyrex promotes its class gets more kingly and is riding the horse

Feels like they like the idea of 2 pokemon coming together but want to go about it in different ways.

Is it really the same as “ fusion “ as the level of Kyurem/Necrozma ? It just looks like they gave Calyrex reins and a longer cape so it could ride the horses, unlike Kyurem/Necrozma who absorb the host Pokémon.
It's not, because Kyurem fusion was in V Gen, arguably the most ambitious gen in all the history of Pokémon, followed only by IV Gen HG/SS, and so, they made an entire new design (as they have been doing with Megas after that) to represent the fusion. In Sun and Moon, they still have some soul left in them, and that's why they did the Necrozma fusion with 2 new designs.

But this is Gen 8, the gen that replaced fully new designs (Megas) with overscaled mons (Dynamax) and some new designs (Gigamax) that in past gens would've had an entire new typing, abilities and stat spread, but now they just have the design part. And so, this "fusions" are just a design that you already know with another design you already know in top of it.

Nothing to be surprised about.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Didn't see anyone mention this yet but I'd like to call to attention that the black horse has the exact same pose as Rapidash's official art when it's fused with Calyrex

This is the second time (that I can recall) of them doing this kind of thing this gen, the first time being Scorbunny having Chimchar's exact pose. Equal parts funny and lame.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)