SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Is Thunder Cage the highest BP trapping move? 80 BP seems really high, it’s a shame it’s so frail otherwise it would be a good trapper.

Glacial Lance and Astral Barrage are insane but they’ll be used in a tier full of Pressure mons so they might not even be used that often.

Eerie spell would be much better with a higher PP. I think it’ll be better on stall rather than as a stall breaker.

The bird moves are ok I guess? Zap-G is gonna run close combat but the other two might see some use.
Fiery Wrath seems to be just a better Dark Pulse so yeah I think it'll see plenty use lol

Is Thunder Cage the highest BP trapping move? 80 BP seems really high, it’s a shame it’s so frail otherwise it would be a good trapper.

Glacial Lance and Astral Barrage are insane but they’ll be used in a tier full of Pressure mons so they might not even be used that often.

Eerie spell would be much better with a higher PP. I think it’ll be better on stall rather than as a stall breaker.

The bird moves are ok I guess? Zap-G is gonna run close combat but the other two might see some use.
I don't know...90 bp with guaranteed defense drop seems pretty great. Considering CC lowers your bulk, you might want to run TK depending on your team composition.

still weaker than Magma Storm, but much more accurate

I don't know...90 bp with guaranteed defense drop seems pretty great. Considering CC lowers your bulk, you might want to run TK depending on your team composition.
90 + 135 = 225

But two Close Combats is 240. The first one is also 33% stronger than Thundy Kick and harder to pivot around.

Imo they're both viable. Gapdos has an awful physical movepool lol so I could even see it running something like BB / Thundy Kick / CC / Uturn. I think almost literally its only other physical move is Blaze Kick which hits... Aegislash?

How do I find the Three Birds? For example, I hear Articuno's cry when I warp to the crown shrine but dont know how to get to it. And I have no clue where to start for Zapdos and Moltres

Now you all feel my pain! Volcarona was not made overpowered with an obvious move that fits it and so were the Tapus.

Maybe in a few gens from now Tapu Koko will finally get a decent physical fairy move and Bolt Beak.

90 + 135 = 225

But two Close Combats is 240. The first one is also 33% stronger than Thundy Kick and harder to pivot around.

Imo they're both viable. Gapdos has an awful physical movepool lol so I could even see it running something like BB / Thundy Kick / CC / Uturn. I think almost literally its only other physical move is Blaze Kick which hits... Aegislash?
If Zap-G got Roost Thundy Kick would be much easier to run on a bulky set. I think most sets might just end up choiced as a late game cleaner or revenge killer, but who knows?

90 + 135 = 225

Awful how? Blaze Kick and Stomping Tantrum would cover what it can't use its STABs to deal with. Fighting/Flying isn't even bad coverage to begin with.

Awful how? Blaze Kick and Stomping Tantrum would cover what it can't use its STABs to deal with. Fighting/Flying isn't even bad coverage to begin with.
I'm trying to think off the top of my head what those hit harder than CC + BB... Aegislash? Is that it?

My point is it covers what it has to with its STABs alone so running CC and Thunder Kick on the same set might be fine. Fill in the last two with BB and Uturn and you're good to go.

I'm trying to think off the top of my head what those hit harder than CC + BB... Aegislash? Is that it?

My point is it covers what it has to with its STABs alone so running CC and Thunder Kick on the same set might be fine. Fill in the last two with BB and Uturn and you're good to go.
So it's not awful, as I said. Let's not pretend that G Zapdos isn't at least good. It has what it needs.

spatula

I LOVE CHIPFLAVOUR
is a Tiering Contributor
Any info on the % chance for the secondary effects for these moves? I assume it's 10% but...you never know.

Its strange though that Ice horse has a functioning movepool for what it is (SD/CC/STAB/Crunch I guess?) while Ghost horse got a really bad shaft in that department.

I know some people in other threads here believe GF made these Pokemon intentionally bad out of malice or whatever, I don't necessarily believe that and thoroughly believe Hanlon's Razor is in play for some these decisions. Granted with shit like Delibird, Luvdisc, Spinda etc. GF making some Pokemon intentionally bad for no real reason isn't that new of a concept. Or maybe Delibird being bad makes sense compared to Regieleki being bad I dunno.

Ultimately though I'm not defending the really dumb decisions regarding movepools and the like with these new mons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)