Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

Sooo... Remember how I said I wouldn't be making a Mega Zoroark unless I got a sudden burst of inspiration? Well, guess who just got a sudden burst of inspiration?

:ss/zoroark:
Mega Zoroark
Type: Dark
Ability: Hoodwink (When this Pokémon Mega Evolves or switches in, the opponent becomes confused. Affects both opponents in Doubles.)
Stats:
  • HP: 60 (+0)
  • Attack: 135 (+30)
  • Defense: 75 (+15)
  • Special Attack: 135 (+15)
  • Special Defense: 75 (+15)
  • Speed: 130 (+25)
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Close Combat, Play Rough

After Mega Evolving, Zoroark gained complete mastery over the dark arts and the creation of hallucinations. It carefully crafts its hallucinations to confuse and torment its opponents as much as possible.

So I was reading through the thread again, and I noticed how inkbug said that Illusion would instantly wear off when Zoroark Mega Evolved. The funny part of my brain thought, "That must be pretty confusing for the opponent." And then I went "Wait a minute..."

Mega Zoroark is meant to take advantage of auto-confusing the opponent by forcing them to switch out. It then uses the switch-out turn to set up a free Swords Dance or Nasty Plot, then it sweeps. Its new moves allow it to actually run a usable physical set.

Last edited:
Pokemon: Mega Delphox :Delphox:
New Ability: Wizard (This Pokémon's special moves deal 1.3 more damage.)
Type: Fire/Pyshic

New stats:
HP:75
Attack: 69
Defense: 92(+20
Special Attack: 134(+30)
Special Defense: 150(+50)
Speed: 104
(BST) 634
New moves: Ice Beam, Thunderbolt
Description: The premise is simple:
Delphox used to be a magican that could do mediocore magic , but then mega evolves into a wizard that can dish out powerful special attacks using its psychic powers! I added ice beam and thunderbolt because wizards use spells and ice beam and thunder bolt are both spells that I could see a wizard using. I gave it spatk and spdef for obvious reasons, and defense for the leftover because :wynaut:. Its ability makes it a very threatening wall breaker with good speed and high special attack. It TONKS on the special side, but its weak to physical attacks. This makes it very susceptible to scarfers and faster pokemon in general. Overall, I think mega delphox will find its niche as a solid special wall breaker that doesn't give a crap about pex or something else I forgot after I accidently deleted it lol.

Eh I'm just gonna skip on the mega alolatails

Mega Zoroark :zoroark:
New Ability
: Hallucination Phantom( This pokemon always crits on confused pokemon. This Pokémon's attacks have a 30% chance of confusion.
Type: Dark/Ghost
New stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 125 (+20)
Defense:80(+20)
Special Attack:135(+15)
Special Defense: 80(+20)
Speed:130(+25)
(BST) 610
New moves: Poltergeist, Confuse Ray, Confusion, Spirit Shackle
Description: Since this Pokémon makes illusions that can confuse others, wanted to focus down on the confusion side of things. I gave it confusion and confuse ray for obvious reasons, and the other 2 for better ghost physical stab. Spirit shackle is mostly for flavor because Zoroark can make u feel like your trapped with its hallucinating attacks. This pokemon could be preety useful when used with another pokemon that confuses enemies which is like status spreading but not really. Pokemon cant really just switch out to reset the confusion because there is still a preety decent chance that it will confuse the enemy.

Last edited:
What does the fox say? I have no clue. But I do know that with these megas, you'll be able to outfox everyone else! (Delphox (maybe) coming soon!)

:bw/zoroark:
Zoroark-Mega
Type:
Dark
Ability: Eluding Fog - Hides the pokemon's moves from the foe.

"It can make convincing illusions of attacks, and these illusions are extremely realistic, enough to fool even cameras and make one believe they're being physically affected, though the illusion does not have any direct physical effect."

New Stats
HP: 60 (Unchanged)
Atk: 135 (+30)
Def: 75 (+15)
SpA: 135 (+15)
SpD: 85 (+25)
Spe: 120 (+15)

New Moves: Parting Shot, Poison Jab, Aura Sphere, Iron Head, Psycho Cut.

Zoroark creates an illusion of a thick black fog to hide it's own attacks from the opponent. This includes move animations, the chat, and when the opponent hovers their cursor over Mega-Zoroark.

Any moves that have stat changes and/or some other effect that is displayed such as the taunt status can't really be hidden because they show up even if the move is hidden. Also any side effect such as Knock-Off knocking items and U-Turn switching the user out gives away that move.

This ability hides many of it's attacks and coverage provided you don't poison, burn, flinch, etc. This keeps people guessing as to whether you are physical or special, and what coverage you are running.

I wanted to give it a few coverage moves to help it use its ability better so it has more options that can remain hidden, but I also didn't want to give it any moves that are too strong because of it's stats.

:sm/ninetales-alola:
Ninetales-Alola-Mega
Type:
Ice/Fairy
Ability: Absolute Zero - Generate ice crystals at the beginning of each turn. The effects of ice crystals depend on whether Ninetales-Alola moves before or after the opposing pokemon.
Ninetales Ice type attacks have 25% more power.
Ninetales and it's allies take 25% less damage from the first attack.

"It can produce ice crystals from its fur, which it can use for both offense and defense. The ice crystals can act as a shield or form balls that can be fired like bullets with enough force to shatter rock."

New Stats
HP: 73 (Unchanged)
Atk: 83 (+16)
Def: 90 (+15)
SpA: 125 ((+44)
SpD: 115 (+15)
Spe: 119 (+10)

New Moves: Nuzzle.

"Upon Mega Evolution, Alolan Ninetales proficiency with ice has increased to the point where it's capable of freezing the very air itself. In battle, it freezes the air in front of it to protect itself, as well as its friends. When attacking, it freezes the air around the opponents, preventing them from blocking or dodging."

Mega Icetales (as I call it) has the potential to be very versatile and somewhat unpredictable with it's new ability. Faster builds gain a power boost as long as it attacks first. (50 bp Ice Shard anyone?) You can also run less speed for bulky builds to make better use of the damage reduction effect. You can even minimum speed (218) if you really want to use it on more defensive teams. It also is great against Trick Room teams because of the damage reduction when it's up, and the power boost when it's down.

I mostly added Nuzzle because I originally planned to make Icetales Electric/Fairy, but when I thought of this, I decided to keep it. The thought of Alolan Ninetales nuzzling lost travelers to comfort them is cute, and it fits because Icetales has a gentle temperament. I am willing to remove it if it seems too strong in conjunction with its ability.

Last edited:
:Delphox: Mega Delphox
New Ability
: Pyroficiency (Increase fire attack's accuracy by 1.1,fire attacks will target the lower of the target's defences and grants immunity to fire moves,if hit by one then boost fire type move's damage by 1.5)
Type:Fire/Psychic

New stats:
HP: 75
Defense: 80 (+8)
Special Attack: 154 (+45)
Special Defense: 135 (+35)
Speed: 116 (+12)
634 (BST)

New moves: Flavour moves:(Charm,Draining kiss,Taunt and Eerie spell) Notable moves: Thunderbolt and Blue flare
Description:
Delphox got so good at fire magic she can make them explode and deal physical damage (her aiming got a little better too). The ability is to help get blue flare to be as spammable as possible by boosting it's accuracy to 93% and basically not get walled by AV mons or blissey with a bonus flash fire effect as I feel it still lacks damage with just the first two effects. base 154 spa gives it a good chance to OHKO blissey at +1,2hko spdef ttar with grass knot at +1 and just helps with damage in general. base 116 speed to creep the 115s and dumped the rest in bulk.

:DDDDD

The Call of the Wild=Jack London's book

Protego=A magic from Harry Potter books

:sm/ninetales-alola:
Types:
Frozen Form:Ice/Dark
Thawed Form:Fairy
Ability:Frozen Spirit:If this Pokemon is hit by a Fire, Steel, and Fighting attack, its form changes to Thawed Form. (Base: Frozen Form)
Frozen Form:Ice-type attacks have 1.25× power.
Thawed Form:Fairy-type attacks have 1.5× power.

New Moves:Spirit Break
Stats:

HP:73
Attack:67
Defense:115+40
Sp. Atk:101+20
Sp. Def:120+20
Speed:129+20
"The extreme cold energy from the Mega Evolution froze its spirit. It will look for an excuse to defeat its opponent."
"Now its spirit is free, just by a simple move. Its joy cannot be stopped."
:xy/delphox:
Types:Fire/Psychic
Ability:Protego(This Pokémon is protected from moves lower than base power 60.)
New Moves:Blue Flare
Stats:
Attack:69
Defense:102+30
Sp. Atk:144+30
Sp. Def:130+30
Speed:114+10
"This pokemon surrounds itself with mysterious curses to keep focused."
Types:Dark/Poison
Ability:The Call of the Wild(If this Pokemon switch-in; all Pokemons Attack and Sp.Attack lowered by 1 stage and speed raised by 1 stage.)
New Moves:None
Stats:
HP:60
Attack:105
Defense:80+20
Sp. Atk:130+10
Sp. Def:80+20
Speed:155+50
lol none

:ss/delphox:
Mega Delphox
New Ability: Lingering Embers: If this Pokemon uses a move that has a chance to burn, it will always burn, but the move will only be at 40% of its normal base power. If the target already has a status condition, the effect will not activate.
Type: Fire/Ghost

New stats:
Attack: 89(+20)
Defense: 82(+10)
Special Attack: 144(+30)
Special Defense: 125(+25)
Speed: 119(+15)
(634 BST)

New moves: Dark Pulse, Hex, Dazzling Gleam
Description: WIP

:ss/ninetales-alola:
Mega Alolan Ninetales
New Ability: Magic Guard
Type: Ice/Fairy

New stats:
HP: 73
Attack: 87 (+20)
Defense: 110 (+35)
Special Attack: 101 (+20)
Special Defense: 125 (+25)
Speed: 109
(605 BST)

New moves: Shadow Ball, Surf, Haze
Description: WIP

Last edited:
I guess I'll try my long-winded hand at this again since I actually came up with stuff I didn't completely hate for once, even if Delphox, of all mons, is the only I actually sort of like, which is surprising given my liking that mon the least of the three. I'm sure Hematite will understandably have something to say about the other two anyway. Either way, a non-sarcastic, pre-emptive bravo to BlueRay for making a more elegant version of the ability I originally had in mind for Zoroark-Mega. Glad to see someone (else) did it.

:Ninetales-Alola: Ninetales-Alola-Mega
Type:
/

New Ability: Mountain Air - When this pokémon is on the battlefield, all effects of screens and weather are negated.

Blessed Snow - Upon switching in (or mega-evolving), sets Blessed Snow for 5 turns.

1. It overrides the effects of Light Screen, Reflect, and Aurora Veil for both sides of the field and prevents them from being set up.
2. It prevents all pokémon on the field from being Poisoned and decreases base damage from Poison moves by 50%.
3. It increases the base damage of Ice moves by 25% and of Fairy moves by 25% but does not increase the accuracy of Blizzard.
4. All Hail-related abilities and moves, including Weather Ball, otherwise function as they normally do in Hail except there is no chip damage unlike Hail for non-Ice mons without those abilities (or Magic Guard).

NEW STATS:
HP:
73 => 73 (+00)
Atk: 67 => 67 (+00)
Def: 75 => 100 (+25)
SpA: 81 => 120 (+39)
SpD: 100 => 110 (+10)
Spe: 109 => 135 (+26)
(BST: 505 => 605)

Movepool Additions: Defog, Magic Coat, Power Gem [EDIT: Due to now having Mountain Air instead of the ineligible Blessed Snow, this now also gains Defog.]
Description: "Convinced of its own divinity by the energy of Mega Evolution, it maintains an air of benevolence until challenged. Then it freezes its enemies with glowing, pink snow." "Mega Evolution has given Ninetales an air of arrogant, condescending benevolence. That the clouds in the sky part and even the most ferocious of storms cease in its presence only bolster its pride."

First and foremost, let me say that this ability only got as complex as it did due to a) trying to mirror Rain and Sun, which actually do quite a lot (unlike Hail), and b) my intense hatred of Aurora Veil. I absolutely HATE that Ninetales-Alola, for all of its moves, is basically reduced to the meme of "Aurora Veil go brrr" and thus only ever used on Hyper Offense teams despite all it could do otherwise, Stealth Rock and quadruple Steel weaknesses aside.

As such, between my despising Aurora Veil and not wanting to obviate what is unfortunately the regular form of Ninetales-Alola's sole function in life, I decided the best course of action would be to then make it impossible for any team using Ninetales-Alola-Mega to actually get any benefit of out it setting up Aurora Veil with it then Mega Evolving (or, hell, using Aurora Veil after Mega Evolving). A large part of this Pet Mod seems to be trying to keep the original forms of actually already useful mons still viable from their Mega forms where possible, and as much as I don't like Aurora Veil, Ninetales-Alola's regular form is already quite useful for it. So that was another reason I wanted to not have anything to do with Aurora Veil, especially since I figure there already two other Megas for that anyway in the form of Regice-Mega and the recently buffed Aurorus-Mega (which may yet need more buffs--who knows).

So Ninetales-Alola-Mega's first course of action was taking Mr. Rime out back and robbing it of Screen Cleaner after drugging the tea they were drinking. It then "politely" asked Rapidash-Galar if it could borrow half of Pastel Veil as long as it put as its own spin on it. After that, it decided said spin was mostly buffing both of its own STABs while getting rid of the evidence of poison in the aforementioned tea. It also wanted to avoid being "boorish" & too close to "regular Hail but better" in its weather effects by making it so that Blizzard wasn't just all you would ever use in Blessed Snow as far as Ice attacks go; Weather Ball is classier for those who don't want to miss even if Ice Beam and Freeze-Dry are safer still. Finally, it figured it could get more people to worshi...er play with it if its Hail-ability didn't damage them just because they weren't Ice types who didn't like taking baseball-sized ice chunks to face every turn. Ninetales-Alola-Mega is a benevolent god like that when supporting its teammates.

Joking aside, I am a bit unsure how much Blessed Snow ties together as an ability. Outside of the "necessary" "I hate Aurora Veil" function, I really did try to model it on Sunny Day otherwise, which actually does quite a lot unlike, well, Hail (or even Sandstorm). The inability to be poisoned is akin to how you can't be frozen in Sunny Day (and I guess Desolate Land), whereas the Poison-halving aspect is basically the Water-halving of Sun and the Fire-halving aspect of Rain. I wanted to be gentler with the type damage buffing from the weather given how Rain and Sun are so strong due in large part due to that alone and given how Ice is a better typing attacking than even Water or Fire are; the buffs, if they stay, might need to be as low as 20% honestly and maybe even "only" buff Ice despite Ice/Fairy actually being a bit of "meh" attacking STAB combination--not great, not terrible. I was a bit wary of the buffs in the first place given Ninetales-Alola unfortunately has access to Nasty Plot innately, which is why I'm also a bit wary of it having 120 Special Attack. All of that in addition to the other Hail buffs might be fine though.

This caution (and hatred of Aurora Veil) is why the only movepool additions are Power Gem, which allow it some additional coverage to its STABs by allowing it to hit Fire types while still being walled by most Steels if it wants to use Nasty Plot too, and Magic Coat, to screw over moves like Hypnosis, Stealth Rock, and Taunt with "Don't Touch Me!: The Move: Fancy Edition". I didn't give it Taunt despite wanting to since I imagine that means regular Ninetales-Alola would end up having it in this Pet Mod, which is haha...no; I was tempted to give it Flash Cannon for almost the exact inverse reason of shattering opposing Ninetales-Alola instances, but that felt a bit too spiteful. I imagine some of this will have to change though, so I'll stop here (finally).

:Delphox: Delphox-Mega
Type:
/

New Ability: Witch Hunter - This pokémon's own Dark attacks do 50% more damage if hit by one Dark move; this pokémon is immune to Dark moves.

New Stats:
HP:
75 => 75 (+00)
Atk: 69 => 80 (+11)
Def: 72 => 100 (+28)
SpA: 114 => 140 (+26)
SpD: 100 => 115 (+15)
Spe: 104 => 124 (+20)
(BST: 534 => 634)

Movepool Additions: Dark Pulse, Knock Off, Recover, Torment
Description: "Mega Evolution warps Delphox's visions of the future, causing it to see only bad omens and obsessively hunt those it sees as evil."

I ultimately decided to go with a darker interpretation of Delphox's visions of the future that point in a similar direction to Gothitelle's apparent Pokédex entries yet still go in a different path. Whereas Gothitelle-Mega becomes a big wall that gets to just passively smack you with a Steel version of the future (a.k.a. Doom Desire) after becoming Steel itself, Delphox-Mega ends up staring into the abyss a bit too much as it more actively destroys the Dark type mons that used to plague its regular form. It does this while staying Fire/Psychic and getting to negate one of its five weaknesses instead of just doing away with the Dark resistance it would have gained anyway if it had become Fire/Dark (while also trading Ghost weakness for an arguably more detrimental weakness to Fighting).

This direction was the one I settled on in part because the "wand" that Delphox holds has always instead reminded me more of the typical torch that various horrible mobs throughout history and in movies have been depicted welding and using to inflict harm on those they were persecuting or attempting to persecute. So Delphox-Mega basically ended up becoming an even more cynical version of Witch Hunter Robin, perhaps even taking visual cues from that series or other religious inquisitors throughout history, fictional or otherwise. Maybe it would even get away with a magician-like or witch-like hat for maximum hypocrisy as far as visual design goes.

As far as actual mechanics go, as stated above, Witch Hunter (the ability) negates one of Delphox's five weaknesses, leaving it weak to "only" Water, Ground, Rock, and Ghost. Beyond eliminating the Dark weakness outright, Witch Hunter provides quite a few unique benefits. Chief among them is a most unique aspect: through Witch Hunter, Delphox-Mega becomes the only pokémon in the entire game outright immune to Knock Off.

Yes, Megas already are "immune" to the highly spammable move that is Knock Off, but they still take damage, especially if they're weak to Dark. The same goes for mons with Justified. With Witch Hunter, Delphox-Mega would be the sole exemption to Knock Off doing any damage or having any effect, meaning it would provide its teammates with a solid switch-in to that move if the opponent wishes to be careless about using it given how riskless it generally is to throw out Knock Off otherwise. That's pretty huge by itself even if Witch Hunter did literally nothing else.

Witch Hunter does do other things, however, in addition to spiting Knock Off and spitting in its face. It prevents Delphox-Mega from being revenged by Pursuit or Sucker Punch, gives it a pseudo-version of Aroma Veil by making it immune to both Taunt and Torment, blocks Parting Shot, and gives it pseudo-STAB on the new Dark moves it now gets, among a few other uses still. Being immune to Taunt is arguably the most important of these other aspects now that Delphox gets Recover in addition to having access to Calm Mind, especially since Fire, Psychic, and Dark is actually good coverage without being overwhelmingly good. The lack of overwhelming power or Attack is why I feel comfortable enough to give it something as frankly stupid as Knock Off currently is, much less Dark Pulse off its much higher Special Attack. The same reasoning goes for being part why this didn't become Fire/Dark even though that would arguably justify, pun not intended, Witch Hunter as an ability more: I didn't want Delphox-Mega to have actual STAB on Dark in addition to also getting 150% damage on Dark type attacks anytime time it switched into one. We all know how overpowering Adaptability can be after all.

It's certainly not all good omens for Delphox-Mega with Witch Hunter though. First and foremost is that it's still weak to all hazards and non-Burn status, especially Stealth Rock, due to being a Fire type that can't wear Heavy Duty Boots. So while it would get the benefit of becoming the best Knock Off switch-in in the game, it can only come in so many times even if guesses right all those times, at least without having to use Recover. Additionally, due to not being Fire/Dark, it doesn't get as much out of Dark moves normally as it would otherwise, especially if Witch Hunter isn't activated; the same goes for using Knock Off with such middling Attack. Having to use non-STAB Dark attacks to get offensive usage out of its ability isn't great, especially when it somewhat already has 4MSS between wanting set-up in Calm Mind and its new Recover move as well as other utility moves, including possibly its new Torment move--there largely for flavor (over both Taunt and Nasty Plot). Additionally, going with Fire/Psychic/Dark as its coverage means it effectively walls itself, especially with a Calm Mind set, since whatever Delphox-Mega crits the other first effectively wins that war--somewhat fitting given its flavor. Finally, it doesn't play as nicely as other Psychics might on a team trying to exploit Psychic Surge given it also lacks Expanding Force, but that's the least concern of this design, especially since there's already so many other abusers of Psychic Terrain would still be better than it at that.

:Zoroark: Zoroark-Mega
Type:
/

New Ability: Shadow Boxer - When this pokémon uses a punching move, the pokémon will hit 2-5 times at 1/3 power.

New Stats:
[EDIT: As mandated by Hematite, Speed stat loses +30, so instead this now has 70 Def / 80 SpD / 120 Spe instead of 60 Def / 60 SpD / 150 Spe.]
HP: 60 => 60 (+00)
Atk: 105 => 140 (+35)
Def: 60 => 70 (+10)
SpA: 120 => 140 (+20)
SpD: 60 => 80 (+20)
Spe: 105 => 120 (+15)
(BST: 510 => 610)

Movepool Additions: Fire Punch, Shadow Punch, Thunder Punch [EDIT: As mandated by Hematite, loses Ice Punch.]
Description: "Zoroark has become almost as ethereal as the illusions it conjures, blurring reality and unreality with strange new limbs that can unleash devastating, unseen strikes."

This description will be far shorter than the other two in this slate given this Zoroark-Mega is intentionally a big dumb beater meant to either clean-up the opposing teams or literally punch holes in its by ripping off Feraligatr-Mega's Savage ability--credit to Ausma for that design. If BlueRay's Zoroark-Mega ability could be a more elegant version of what I originally thought of doing, then I figured it best to choose to be utterly inelegant by forcing this design of a glass cannon on a mon that doesn't even have any innate punching moves somehow. Guess Zoroark didn't take enough weight lifting tips from that famous, hard-punching Gen 1 fellow, Alakazam.

Seriously though, I need to purge this design from my mind somehow, so here it is. From the beginning, I at least knew and decided that I didn't want an ability that obviated Illusion. Illusion is an ability I actually really like even if Zoroark itself tends to be greatly disappointing due to its unfortunate Speed tier and Night Daze's "Oh, you thought that would hit?" accuracy. This is especially true given that Inteleon-Mega ended up with Illusion in this Pet Mod apparently.

So this Zoroark-Mega is a literal "shadowboxer" in that it's a deadly diorama that folds to a stiff breeze and has strong yet somewhat redundant STABs, in part because I just wanted an offensive Dark/Ghost mon since neither Sableye-Mega nor Spiritomb-Mega really quite fit that niche. It also seemed safer to make it Dark/Ghost than Dark/Fighting even with the even more fatal Fairy allergies of the latter typing. That this can hit on either side equally hard and has access to both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot due to Zoroark already having those moves helps its options even if none of its STABs or moves in general are especially strong. Still, that flexibility is the closest to deception this version of Zoroark-Mega is getting compared to its regular self, which is "fine" with me...in as much as I'm glad to be mentally done with this.

Last edited:
Ok, so I said I wasn't going for Alolan Ninetales... But I had a sudden burst of inspiration and here it is:

:Ninetales-Alola:
Ninetales-Alolan-Mega
Type
: Ice/Fairy
Abiltiy: Valhalla

Uppon mega evolving or switching, Alolan Ninetales evokes the power of the Deity of the Mountain, protecting the sacred land it lives.

At the end of each turn, Ninetales will receive a Deity's Blessing, up to 3. Certain status moves (see lists of moves affected by Magic Bounce/Magic Coat) used by Ninetales, if succesful, will release Deity's Wrath and deal fairy-type damage to the enemies targeted by her.

Deity's Wrath: Special. Fairy-type. Base power depends on ammount of Deity's Blessing that Ninetales stacked. Targets enemies weakest defensive stat.

1 Blessing: Deity's Wrath is 15 Base Power.

2 Blessings: Deity's Wrath is 20 Base Power.

3 Blessings: Deity's Wrath is 30 Base Power.

If Ninetales faints when all 3 blessings are collected and not used, the replacing teammate will recover 100% HP and be healed of any status condition (Healing Wish).

* Ammount of blessings collected only resets if Ninetales switches out.
** Deity's Wrath damage will applies right after the effects of the status move of choice.
*** If the status move is bounced back, Deity's Wrath won't activate.

New moves: Haze, Defog, Taunt.

Stats
HP: 73 (-)
ATK: 67(-)
DEF: 115 (+40)
SPA
: 116 (+35)
SPD
: 110 (+10)
SPE
: 124 (+15)

Ninetales dex entries states that it protects the snowy mountais that is home for an ancient Deity.
Uppon Mega Evolving, Ninetales is blessed by the Mountain Deity, and receives it's blessings to better protect the hidden paradise it lives, by safetely guiding away gentle visitors or fighting against not welcomed intruders, using the Deity's Blessings or releasing the deity's wrath.

The focus here is distributing cheap damage. Ninetales already has access to Veil and Nasty Plot, so giving it boosting ability could be dangerous.
It's base form main use is to set Veil, however this niche is already filled by Mega Regice in this meta.

Mega A-Tales main role, I think, will be in stall breaking. Imagine taunting or encoring some fat mon and deal damage at the same time? Of course, steels and fire types will not care that much, however it can cheap down enough fat mons to be helpful to other breakers on the team. And it can still set veil, if that's what you're going for, before mega.

What makes it so good, and the reason why this is 30 BP at max, is Fake Tears. Imagine reducing your target's SPDef by 3 stages and deal fairy-type STAB damage in the same turn?

It still needs time to catch on blessings, and if you throw a tin can on it, it will dies, however.

That was... Quite a long one lol.

Last edited:
MEGA ZORUARK:
NEW Ability: Fool's Victim (after mega evolving, the pokemon that they illusioned gets unillusioned, but MEGA ZORUARK keeps a 25% bonus for their stab moves e.g: zoruark illusioned darmanitan so now flamethrower 25% stronger)

ATTACK: 130 (+25)
DEF:70 (+10)
SPA: 145 (+25)
SPECIAL DEFENCE: 75 (+15)
SPEED: 115: (+25)

MOVEPOOL: AURA SPHERE, DAZ GLEAM

SUMMARY: very strong mon that can solo sweep teams but with meh defense cant stand it all

INSPIRATION:
for the ability, i thought of it taking off its illusion and the opponent being so shocked that the "stab moves" would do more damage. I also tried to think that with the power of mega evolution, unlike normal zoruark, this isn't a prankster for fun. its an evil pokemon straight up

MEGA DELPHOX:
NEW Ability: Tangling hair

ATTACK: 119 (+60)
DEF: 92 (+20)
SPA: 114
SPDEF: 120 (+20)
SPEED: 104

MOVEPOOL: V-CREATE

SUMMARY: made to reverse the roles, power up punch delphox can be a beast but a limited movepool holds it back.

INSPIRAITON: the ability is obvious and v creat would make sense if its hair was v shaped.

Hope you guys liked it. Im not really good at balancing so just tell me if its op

Last edited:
god having good ideas is fucking hard
:delphox: Mega Delphox
New Ability: Blaze/Magician -> Psychic Overload
(During Psychic terrain, the users SpA is multiplied by 1.5, but it loses 1/8 HP at the end of every turn)
Type: Fire/Psychic

New stats:
Attack: 69 -> 139 (+70)
Defense: 72 -> 77 (+5)
Special Attack: 114
Special Defense: 100 -> 125 (+25)
Speed: 104
(630 BST)

New moves: Expanding Force, Psychic Fangs, Sacred Fire, Play Rough
Description: This Delphox is made to abuse Psychic Terrain, with the help of the EXTREMELY strong Expanding Force, and it can even pack a punch outside of terrain, using its good attack stat due to the movepool additions. However, in psychic terrain, the Delphox user has nuclear special attack, and with an pretty decent speed tier and good special bulk, Delphox-M is an absolute monster

:zoroark: Mega Zoroark
New Ability: Illusion -> Jumpscare
(When the user mega evolves/switches in, their next move will have +2 Priority)

New stats:
Attack: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Defense: 60 -> 75 (+15)
Special Attack: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Special Defense: 60 -> 75 (+15)
Speed: 105 -> 110 (+5)
(610 BST)

New moves: Parting Shot, Will-O-Wisp
Description: ooooh boy, this one is gonna be a good one. there are SO MUCH moves to use with this
  • Offensive moves: I guess having prio focus blast/dark pulse is cool, but the thing gets fun when we get to the Utility Options
  • Encore: With Encore, you can reliably trap something into using stuff like Swords Dance or Roost without fearing them using an offensive move to screw up your Encoring
  • Foul Play: Can serve as a nice, big cup of "Shut the fuck up you Physically-frail Physical attacker" to stuff like Kartana, Ash-Greninja with a non-attack lowering nature, etc
  • Knock Off: Using this, you can severely hinder mons that rely on LO, Choice items, and everything else to be effective, and with it, it can shut down most attackers
  • Memento: Soooooooooooooooo i guess you can use it to make it so an threat from the enemy team is heavily hindered until they switch out? Thats a gigantic waste of a mega slot
  • Parting Shot: Priority pivoting can be used to escape certain bad situations such as mons that could outspeed and KO zoroark (honestly is that even a problem mega zoro has)
  • Substitute: It can now set substitute safely! Without having to worry abt being completely shredded to bits! And it can also potentially block an attack!
  • Taunt: Can be a stop to NP/SD/CM/BU/DD/you get it sweepers, and can also be a stop to stuff that commonly runs stuff like Wisp or Substitute, and its just fun to have around
  • Toxic: Priority Tox is the funniest thing to mess around in the entire world, trust me. It can also completely invalidate some mons, but we all know we are doing it for the funnis
  • U-Turn: Parting Shot 2: Electric Boogaloo. Parting shot but you can also deal daamge to walls like bliss and slowking, and it can break Sashes, Sturdy, etc
  • Will-O-Wisp: Read Toxic
:ninetales-alola: Mega Ninetales-A
New Ability:
Illusion -> Misty Surge
Type:
Ice, Fairy

New stats:
Attack: 67
Defense: 75 -> 120 (+45)
Special Attack: 81 -> 105 (+24)
Special Defense: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Speed: 109 -> 120 (+11)
(605 BST)

New moves: Moonlight
Description: This Ninetales-A is made to abuse nasty plot, one of the best setup moves in the entire game. With higher bulk and misty terrain, it has more opportunities to set up, and its decend speed can be used to outspeed most offensive mons below 120 speed. It can also use the pre-mega hail to have an perfect-accuracy blizzard, and even after the hail wears out, you can use Moonlight to have more longevity. It also has many utility options such as encore, taunt, and disable, and due to its high speed, its able to use them effectively.

Last edited:
Mega Zoroark
Type:
Dark
Ability: Show-off (special Moxie)
Stats:
HP: 60​
Att: 155 (+50)
Def: 60​
SpA: 120​
SpD: 100 (+40)
Spe: 115 (+10)

(yes, i know we usually try to avoid making duplicates of existing abilities, but grim neigh's counterpart chilling neigh is already a duplicate of regular moxie)

Zoroark (or rather, Illusion) is interesting, but not for the reason you might expect. Between the disguise fading after only a single hit and potentially using a move that gives it away, once Zoroark hits the field, it's extremely hard to maintain a convincing disguise for longer than a single turn. Luckily, when played correctly, that one turn is all you need. You might pressure the opponent to switch to what they think is a resist, and then either snag the retreating foe with Pursuit, or snipe the incoming foe with a surprise coverage move. Alternatively, you might trick the opponent into thinking they're safe to stay in, before revenge killing them with ease. The point is, a well-played Zoroark is very good at getting one kill. What can be done to enhance this?

Well, Zoroark's best tools for sniping unsuspecting Pokemon (Sucker Punch and Pursuit) are physical, so we want it to be good at using them right out of the gate. But its special movepool is much more varied than its physical, so we also want it to be good at using special attacks. To accomplish this, Mega Zoroark's Attack is very high. High enough to hit hard even without investment. This helps it use Sucker Punch and Pursuit to score an initial KO. However, once it does so, its special attacks become more deadly, and it transitions into being a snowballing special sweeper.

Mega Delphox
Ability: celestial orbit: future sight and doom desire hit at 1 turn, and at 3 turns.(power is 80)
Wish: heals 33% 1 turn after, and heals 33% another turn.
(Credit to the insurgence dev team for base idea)
Also, you can have wish at the same time as a future sight, and vice versa with other moves.
New moves: doom desire, teleport, thunderbolt(no tbolt if u want)
If you want the original idea, go here: Periodic Orbit (Ability) - The Pokemon Insurgence Wiki (p-insurgence.com)

Reason: i really love delphox. i know, it is the most hated on starter, but come on! its fur, not hair! it has a great shiny! it has a lot of design quirks, including its fire symbols that are beautiful scarlet, and its fenekinn like traits on its face, like the eyes. it can see into the future, which is cool, and it is like a fire witch! i wanted it to feul its attacks from the hatred of its opponents (and delphox haters lmao) and use it on them. be nice to this elegant fox! is it that hard?

Stats:
Hp: 75
Attack: 69 (noice)
Defence: 119(+44)
Spatk: 135(+26)
Spdef: 120(+20)
Speed: 114(+10)

-------

mega zoroark
zoroark uses illusions to evade attacks, and it attacks from the shadows. but why? well, in zoroark: master of illusions, zoroark used it to save herself and zorua from mr shady buisnessman. sure, it uses it to prey, but that is what a lot of pokemon do. heck, even sylveon use manipulation of the opponents' thoughts to make dinner. it is a caring mother and will sacrifice itself for its son. IT FACED OFF AGAINST ENTEI, SUICUNE, AND RAIKOU FOR ITS CHILD! it also will defend many small pokemon, and adopts helpless pokemon. honestly, is it evil? i decided to make it dark fairy, and show that it has a sweet inside, and a harsh outside. like the mega absol that never was.
ability: shadow shield
moves: play rough, false surrender, spirit break, calm mind
stats:
hp: 60
attack: 120(+15)
defence: 80(+20)
spatk: 125(+5)
spdef: 110(+50)
speed: 115(+10)

-------
mega ninetales-alola
FINALLY. one of my favorite pokemon with a mega! being born in the mountains, and being one with its spirit. it fuses with the inner spirit to unleash its fury on the land. the fury of its horrible mutation. fury of its past. fury of the loss of its home. fury of the misdeeds of its ancestors. fury of global warming. fury of the darkness it now can see in the opponents hearts. its ability unleashes all of the power of the spirit, and lets it vanquish opposing teams, leaving nothing but the cold spirit remains behind, and then it absorbs the souls of the ones fallen, and reincarnates them into the dreams of the former body.
Type: ice ghost
Ability: unleashed: 1. spirit hail on switch in. (basically hail except hits all types except ice, ghost, and normal. also contact from either mon has a 20 percent chance to disable.) 2. immunity to dark type moves, and raises spatk by 1 upon being hit. 3. contact moves hitting alolan ninetales will break any screens.
Moves: willowisp, charm, shadow ball, curse, destiny bond
Stats: hp 75
Attack 67
Defence 85(+10)
Spatk: 131(+50)
Spdef: 130(+30)
Speed: 119(+10)

Last edited:
1611606212807.png
Mega Alolan Ninetales - Ice Fairy
1000-Year Grace
'This Pokemon moves with the grace of a being that has lived for hundreds of years and in combat, uses the momentum from enemy attacks to position itself to counterattack'
When this Pokemon is hit by a contact move, the next attack this Pokemon connects is a guaranteed critical hit.

73/67/125 (SpD + 25)/
125 (+44)/95 (Def + 20)/120 (+11)
New Moves: Scald

The ability name and concept comes from the idea that Ninetales is based of the Kitsune Yokai, which is said to gain a tail for every decade it lives, until it eventually has nine, and therefore reaches its most powerful form after 1000 years of life. It allows Ninetales to punish moves such as Uturn, Grassy Glide, Mach Punch etc. In an offensive way, rather then defensively (static/flame body)

1611606901827.png

Mega Delphox - Fire Psychic
Priestess of the Sun - If harsh sunlight is active while this Pokemon is on the field, it cannot be removed or replaced by other weathers (loses to primordial weathers) including by timer. The effects of harsh sunlight are enhanced (Fire type moves gain a 100% damage bonus rather than 50%), and Normal type moves become fire type moves.

75/79(+10)/105(+33)/144(+30)/137(+37)/94(-10)
New Moves: Teleport, Moonlight, Hyper Voice

The ability comes from the idea that Delphox is named after the Oracle of Delphi. A few other people have used this idea, making abilities based on Delphox being able to see the future. This ability however, focuses on how the Oracle of Delphi was also a Priestess of Apollo, who among other things, was the god of the Sun. This Pokemon cannot set up sun for itself (except with sunny day but you get what I mean), but with sun up this Pokemon and it's allies have their fire type moves powered up even more. Cool options in doubles when paired with something like Ninetales or Torkoal. Also as a sidenote I think its cool that there's a progression between being a witch, who were despised and considered evil and a Priestess, who are basically the opposite.

Last edited:
:delphox: Mega Delphox
New Ability
:
Pyrokinesis (all fire moves always hit, ignoring accuracy, substitute, protect ,abilities including heatproof and opponents items & effect of Flash Fire)
Type:
Fire
Psychic
New stats:
Attack:69
Defense:100 (+28)
Special Attack:160(+46)
Special Defense:100
Speed:130(+26)
BST:630(+100)

New moves:Inferno

:zoroark: Mega zoroark
New Ability
:
Mischievous (upon mega evolving or switching in Zoroark uses the status move in the first move slot , if there isnt a status move or it has no pp left the ability has no effect )
Type:
Dark
New stats:
HP:60
Attack:115(+10)
Defense:90(+30)
Special Attack:135(+15)
Special Defense:90(+30)
Speed:120(+15)
BST:610(+100)

New moves: Parting Shot ,Topsy Turvy , Dark void

:ninetales-alola: Mega Alolan Ninetales
New Ability
:
Spirit Guide (upon replacing a fainted ally it gains its ability)
Type:
Ghost
Fairy
New stats:
Attack:67
Defense:84(+19)
Special Attack:141(+60)
Special Defense:100
Speed:130(+21)
BST:605(+100)

New moves: Spirit Shackle heart swap

Last edited:
Probably only going to do Delphox because I'm too sleep-deprived to do this for two other mons but I hope y'all enjoy this sub!
1611617900525.png

Mega Delphox
Type: Fire/Psychic
Ability: Blaze/Magician-> Mastery of Fire (This pokemon's Physical Fire-type moves will always be Special and will have a 35% boost to BP)
New Moves: Recover, Stored Power

Stats:
HP: 75->75 (+0)
Attack: 69 -> 89 (+20)
Defense: 72 -> 102 (+30)
Special Attack: 114 -> 149 (+35)
Special Defense: 100 -> 135 (+35)
Speed: 104 -> 84 (-20)

Description: First of all, let me start by saying that Delphox is my absolute favorite of all the starters, the XY games hold such a special place in my heart, and watching my little Fennekin grow up into its wizard state was everything. When I first set out on this sub, I wanted to turn Delphox into the Grand Fire Wizard I always knew it could be. The Delphox I present to you today has turned into a Fire Warlock, and while it's still practicing with its Psychic abilities, Delphox has mainly honed in on its Fire abilities and has become a true Pyromancer. It has perfected each of its Fire moves and now doesn't even need to raise a finger to use its Fire moves on the Physical side (being Flame Charge and Fire Punch). While it gives the appearance of a much slower Delphox, it's able to use its buffed Special Flame Charge (now with 81 BP) in order to boost its mediocre speed. This mon becomes one of the best setup sweepers, being able to boost its speed with a decent attack and/or it's Special Stats with Calm Mind. I ended up dropping its Speed (and moving those points to Atk) mainly to Balance it and make sure it can't sweep too easily.

Main Set:
Delphox @ Delphite
Ability: Blaze (Will be Mastery of Fire after Mega Evolving)
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 140 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Flame Charge
- Psychic

Hyper Offense/Late Game Cleaner:
Delphox @ Delphite
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Punch
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Bulky Stored Power Sweeper:
Delphox @ Delphite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Flame Charge
- Stored Power

Magmajudis

Title pending
:swsh/Delphox:
:delphox: Mega-Delphox
Typing: Fire-Psychic
Ability: Blaze/Magician --> Clairvoyance (This Pokemon's Psychic type moves (including non offensive moves) hits two turns after they are used. Future Sight is affected. The effect does not stack.)
Stats:
Atk: 69
Def: 115 (+43)
SpA: 135 (+21)
SpD: 130 (+30)
Spe: 110 (+6)
New Moves: Speed Swap, Recover, Teleport

Description:This one is an idea i actually really like. At first, it may seem a little detrimental to delay your STAB by two turns, because you can't really do that much with offensive moves, especially on a Pokemon thta already gets Future Sight. But what really makes this interesting are the status moves. I'm going to list here every Psychic type statua moves and possible ways to use them by taking advantage of the ability:

Wonder Room
Trick
Telekinesis
Trick Room
Skill Swap
Role Play
Rest
Psychic Terrain
Magic Room
Magic Coat
Light Screen
Hypnosis
Calm Mind
Dream Eater
Ally Switch
Speed Swap
Teleport

Wonder Room isn't that useful, but it could potentially be used in pair with Blissey or Chansey, even if that's probably unviable.

Trick is actually extremely interesting on this. A delayed Trick means that you can swap a not useful item to your opponent, such as giving it a Black Sludge if it's not Poison type, giving a Choice Scarf to a wall, giving a Flame Orb to an opponent after activating Guts... If your opponent ses it and send a Pokemon where you don't want it's item, you can switch back to Delphox, who can't be Tricked. It also means you can send a strong Pokemon, and it will force your opponent to sned a Pokemon that can't check it to avoid getting it's check Tricked, which would probably make it useless against your Pokemon. Here is a list of possible abusers:

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat/Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade

This set benefits a lot from giving it's item to an opponent, since it stays burned, but also burns the opponent and can potentially recieve a more useful item in place of the Flame Orb.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 192 SpD / 20 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

Same concept here.

Other abusers of this, such as Assault Vest Pokemon sent in on a set-up sweeper, or Black Sludge on an offensive Poison type that also works defensevely (like Dragalge) can exist, but it would be too long to list them all, and i think you can imagine it by yourself. Other creative combos could be used, like removing an opponent's item and then using the Trick to remove the item of an Unburden Pokemon.

Trick Room. That is one of the best use you could make of this ability. Basically, the thing that makes Trick Room go from absolutely great in evey single point to pretty meh is the fact you can't extend it's duration, which means that you have 5 turns un theory, but in practice you only have 3 turns to exploit it (since you lose a turn by setting it, and then you lose another turn by switching into your abuser). This negates that factor, essentaliy allowing you to have the full 5 turns, especially if you run Protect to negate the turn where you don't have Trick Room if you directly switch out. This Can be paired with any Trick Room abuser.

Telekinesis isn't that interesting, but it could have some niche uses. Like giving fully accurate Focus Blasts or Hydro Pumps.

Skill Swap is very interesting, because you Can pass some bad abilities to your opponent, but most importantly: You can use this with Slaking, Archeops or Regigigas, in a completely viable way. Not only are you negating their biggest flaw, but you also give some of the worst abilities in the game to your opponent. That means those three, which are knowed to be really bad Pokemon because of their abilities specifically, can finally get a time to shine.

Role Play is basically a worse Skill Swap. Not viable running at all.

Rest is actually great on this,becoming a Lunar Dance sort of move that put the healed target to sleep but doesn't kill the user. This could be played on teams that have offensive mons with bulk to get them back to healthy easily.

Psychic Terrain could probably have a niche if the Terrain is extended if the Pokemon that is on the field when it activates holds a Terrain Extender but other than that it's not very useful.

Magic Room could be an interesting tool in Some cases, like using a Choice Band/Choice Specs to get a lot of damage on your first turn on the field, and then the effect activates and you can heal or set-up.

Magic Coat is bad on this. Being predictible isn't good at all on this move.

Light Screen could potentially have uses, like using both Lught Screen and Reflect at the same turn because you switched to a Pokemon with Reflect.

Hypnosis is definitly a good support move and an interesting choice on this, but it could see trouble fitting on some sets due to it's low accuracy.

Calm Mind is a very interesting move here. Set-up is always nice, but being able to set-up twice on a turn is really cool. Any Pokemon that sets-up on the Special side will appreciate this, as will Choice-locked Pokemon or Pokemon that lack set-up.

Dream Eater isn't good. Like not at all. Especially if it's delayed.

Ally Switch would be an excellent choice in Doubles, that would allow for mind-blowing strategies (probably) but is useless in Singles.

Speed Swap is a pretty niche but interesting case. At the same time, it works great to allow Pokemon like Escavalier or Glastrier to shine, but it's countered by... Switching to the defensive check you will realistically always bring to counter those Pokemon. I have mixed feeling on that one.

Teleport is a really weird move on this, but i feel like it would be fun: it allows you to pivot at a defined time. Which means that it can either make you give up on an advantage, or take you out of a disadvantage. So it's basically really specific but has a big potential. You could also potentially try running it along Fairy Lock Klefki.

I won't give Sample Sets for this one because what it wants to run will depend on the team. It most likely will want to run a strong Fire mive to be less passive and Recover (to negate Stealth Rock damage of course, this is a "defensive" pivot).

Conclusion: Overall, this could be a Pokemon that completely changes depending on the team, but will most likely find a niche to full in a lot of teams. It should be noted that almost all this utility is negated by Dark types though. I would also recommend trying Protect, which would work great in some cases like Trick Room or Psychic Terrain.

:swsh/Zoroark:
:Zoroark: Mega-Zoroark
Typing: Dark
Ability: Illusion --> Forgery (On switch-in, copies the item of the last unfainted party member. Effect wears off when hit by a direct attack)
Stats:
Atk: 125 (+20)
Def: 85 (+25)
SpA: 125 (+5)
SpD: 110 (+50)
Spe: 105
New Moves: None

Description: This might be either too good or not that good if it wins but a Mega with an item is hard to balance. This is actually a pretty cool concept for me: It removes the biggest flaw of a lot of Megas (not being able to run an item really removes a lot if you don't have an ability to compensate for that) while actively trying to encourages variety in item to avoid teambuilding with this being too restrictive (since you have to basically give two Pokemon the same item). This ability was made to feel like a trickery (also thanks DrPumpkinz for the name). Outside of the obvious "Mega with an item"
route, it can bluff in a set based on who your last party member is and later reveal you used a less common item choice to surprise the opponent and get an advantage. I'm now gonna list all items i think would work on this, a description of how it would work, potential teammates for it, and the set it would prefer for each.

Life Orb:

This gets a lot of power, and most importantly it has access to both Nasty Plot and Swords Dance, which makes it a really dangerous attacker if you let it set-up. Unfortunately for this set, running essentialy two Pokemon with Life Orb isn't that great on most teams because you get chipped down easily.

All-Out Attacker:
Zoroark @ Life Orb (Of course it's not really Life Orb it's just to understand it more easily)
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Timid Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Sludge Bomb

Swords Dance:
Zoroark @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Knock Off
-Low Kick
-Swords Dance

Nasty Plot:
Zoroark @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Sludge Bomb

Choice Band:

This hits pretty hard, even if it doesn't have much good physical moves. It still gets Pursuit, Knock Off and Sucker Punch as great STABs, and U-Turn is always good to have.

Zoroark @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
-Sucker Punch/Pursuit
-Knock Off
-Low Kick/Swords Dance
-U-Turn

To note: It is actually be possible to run SD on this because you don't keep your item during all the battle.

Choice Specs:

This hits just as hard as Band, while having a much bigger and better movepool on that side. However it can't really use Knock Off, Pursuit or Sucker Punch as efficiently as Choice Band. Would probably still be better than Band.

Zoroark @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
-Focus Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower/Nasty Plot
-Sludge Bomb

To note: This can actually run Nasty Plot because you won't have the same item the whole battle

Heavy-Duty Boots:
I don't think i have to explain that, Boots are great on pretty much any Pokemon that doesn't rely on a single item, and this is no exception. Play this with pretty much any set you want but you should probably play it with a boosing option.

Assault Vest:
So uh i might be te only one to see potential for this item specifically, but it actually gets pretty useful when you consider the fact you can bluff being Choice Band with this, since there are some mons that can viably run both (like Melmetal). It also gets a great bulk on the special side with it.

Zoroark @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
-Sucker Punch/Pursuit
-Knock Off
-Low Kick/Swords Dance
-U-Turn

To note: It is actually be possible to run SD on this because you don't keep your item during all the battle. And yes this is the Choice Band set.

Choice Scarf:
This allows it to go from a speed tier that larves it vulnerable to any form of revenge-kiling to a pretty great one. This item can be played with either the Choice Band st or Choice Specs set.

There are some other items i could mention, such as Focus Sash, Black Glasses or Fightinium-Z, but those are either too situational or fit on too few team styles to be on this list.

Conclusion: Also a highly versatile Pokemon, that can adaptate to a lot of situations and fit onto a lot of teams.

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:delphox:
Mega Delphox
New Ability: Blaze/Magician --> Witching Hour (When this Pokemon enters battle, it activates a Room effect for 5 turns that turns all attacking moves used during the duration into Special moves.)
New Typing
: Fire/Psychic (unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 69 --> 89 (+20)
DEF
: 72 --> 102 (+30)
SPA
: 114 --> 154 (+40)
SPD
: 100 (--)
SPE
: 104 --> 114 (+10)

New Moves
: Parting Shot, Spirit Break

Desc: Hey guys remember this????
I have been sitting on this concept for a good long while now -- and honestly it works much better on Delphox than Mismagius, especially since Delphox is the original user of Mystical Fire!

So this concept for a room effect has a lot of fascinating properties! To name a few:

- Physical sweepers are forced to use their worse attacking stat

- Calm Mind essentially behaves like an omniboost barring Speed, boosting its total offensive and defensive power

- Light Screen behaves similarly in that one screen handles all the damage your team will take for the duration of Witching Hour, which alongside Parting Shot aid it in providing team support (since Witching Hour is a normal room effect, it can apply to your teammates too!)

- Moves like the STAB Mystical Fire and Witching Hour Spirit Break reliably reduce the amount of damage Delphox takes from any attack during Witching Hour's duration

- Certain Physical moves of Delphox's can be used to target Special Defense instead; namely Thunder Punch, which synergizes well with its other attacking types

It's also worth noting that due to the way the moves Body Press and Foul Play are coded, both of those moves become entirely Special-based under Witching Hour (Foul Play targeting Special Attack, Body Press using Special Defense). Body Press might not be relevant for Delphox itself, but maybe a Specially Defensive teammate could come in with and cause some problems with it. Foul Play on the other hand could make for a fascinating option, letting it target both Special and Physical attackers depending on whether or not the Room is active.

The last time I submitted this concept it was made very clear that I shouldn't bump its Special Defense too much. For Mismagius I gave it about a +10, but since Delphox has higher base HP I've just left it where it is this time. A little bit more speed, a chunk of SpA, and the rest goes into the physical side that it's generally not gonna be using (but would be nice to have for when the room runs out!)

Also fun fact! Delphox gets Wish. wink wonk

:zoroark:
Mega Zoroark
New Ability: Illusion --> Trick Master (This Pokemon is always under the effects of Snatch: if another Pokemon (including an ally) attempts to use a beneficial status move, this Pokemon steals the move and uses the move itself instead of the move's original user.)
New Typing
: Dark (unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 105 (--)
DEF
: 60 --> 105 (+45)
SPA
: 120 (--)
SPD
: 60 --> 105 (+45)
SPE
: 105 --> 115 (+10)

New Moves
: Parting Shot, Haze, Slack Off

Desc: So I was brainstorming for Zoroark, trying to think of what the rudest possible thing to whip out as a surprise mid-turn from behind an Illusion would be. I dunno if I found it but I think I might've gotten pretty close :'D

Snatch is a very fun move that its just usually not worth spending a moveslot on in Singles and that game freak CUT from the GAME for some reason what is wRONG WITH YOU--, but as a passive effect it becomes a real hazard to play around. Zoroark will steal loads of effects, notably including most setup, most kinds of recovery, and screens! Its utility varies drastically depending on what your opponent is carrying, of course, but it should be an extension of sorts of what Zoroark already does -- just a bit more disruptively.

Last edited:
So I missed out on these following Pokemon to make Megas for, among my top 10 favourite Pokemon of all time:
Luxray
Absol
Swampert
Lucario
Reuniclus
Heck, even Samurott.

...so there's no way in hell I'm posting a shit sub for this Pokemon.

*PLEASE NOTE: This is not the same post I made a few days earlier, but instead a reworked entry that I created after some feedback by the community on Discord. I am not a big fan of reposts and this one most certainly isn’t.
ninetales-alolan.png

Ability: Deity's Wrath
Summons Hail IF and ONLY IF another weather is active. If Hail is successfully summoned, the next Ice-type move used by this Pokemon does 2x damage AND is a guaranteed critical hit. Does not trigger if weather is Hail/Diamond Dust/Delta Stream/Primordial Sea/Desolate Land, or if there isn't any weather.

Stats:
Health: 73
Defense: 100 (+25)
Special Attack: 120 (+44)
Special Defense: 115 (+15)
Speed: 125 (+16)

New moves: Nature's Madness, Will-O-Wisp

Flavor reasoning:
From Sword: A deity resides in the snowy mountains where this Pokémon lives. In ancient times, it was worshipped as that deity's incarnation.
From Shield: While it will guide travelers who get lost on a snowy mountain down to the mountain's base, it won't forgive anyone who harms nature.
From Sun: It creates drops of ice in its coat and showers them over its enemies. Anyone who angers it will be frozen stiff in an instant.

As the psuedo 5th Guardian Deity of Alola (having been reincarnated as a different form of Ninetales), Ninetales-Alola doesn't actually guard a specific island, but rather, the snow and the icy mountains of the entire region. Using its Mega form, it punishes those who attempt to disturb the usual still/snowy weathers to their favor by freezing them with SE hits that leave them frozen.

Competitive reasoning:
So one of my favourite ways to combat Veiltales is by directly switching in a Sand Stream/Drizzle/Drought Pokemon and watch it suffer.
What if there was a way to punish that?

Deity's Wrath allows for Alolatales-Mega to shift the weathers in its favor, while also being able to punish opposing weather setters in the process. Posing as a solid anti-weather Pokemon, it can hit hard even with uninvested STAB Blizzard and Freeze-Dry after being boosted by Deity's Wrath. Deity's Wrath can also summon Hail if used correctly, giving Alolatales-Mega the chance to setup Aurora Veil if left unchecked.

Overall, Alolatales-Mega can be viewed from two sides of the spectrum: as an anti-weather Veil setter, or an anti-weather special sweeper.
As a Veil setter, it can provide Veil and even Hail support for its teammates, even being able to use the move Hail to provide an additional Deity's Wrath damage boost.
As an anti-weather special sweeper, it can boost its already good Special Attack stat to high levels with Nasty Plot, and proceed to sweep from there with solid STAB coverage in Ice Beam/Blizzard, Freeze-Dry and Moonblast. Feisty users can again, use Hail trigger Deity's Wrath boosts.

Of course, you could also use Alolatales-Mega's creditable bulk as a defensive utility tool, with solid defensive moves such as Hypnosis, Will-O-Wisp and Nature's Madness being able to cripple offensive threats easily. However, I find the previous 2 roles easier for Alolatales-Mega to fill.

There's also no denying the fact that Alolatales-Mega is still beatable by a Veil setter's biggest issue: Stealth Rock. If that discourages you, then stop reading this post and go check out Aurorus-Mega instead. Alolatales-Mega's barely good bulk can also be exploited by fast revenge killers, or just fast Pokemon in general. It's frailness prevents it from switching in safely without taking a hard hit from any weather abuser, and thus requiring team support to pivot it into the battlefield. Finally, unless you have a Deity's Wrath boost or Nature's Madness, Steel-types (especially Heatran) can wall Alolatales-Mega to the end of time.

Before I go, here, have a few sample sets that you can use should this entry be the winner of the Alolatales slate:
Veil Setter (Ninetales-Alola) (F)
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hail/Nature’s Madness
- Will-O-Wisp/Hail
- Freeze-Dry/Blizzard
- Aurora Veil

Special Sweeper (Ninetales-Alola) (F)
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry/Hail
- Moonblast

And while I'm at it, here's some calculations I made of Ninetales-Alola with Deity's Wrath boosts against common weather abusers:
*note: all Freeze-Dry/Blizzard calculations are done with Freeze-Dry being 140 BP and Blizzard being 220 BP respectively to mirror the 2x boost of Deity's Wrath.

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracozolt on a critical hit: 710-836 (221.1 - 260.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill on a critical hit: 375-442 (103.8 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y on a critical hit: 367-433 (123.5 - 145.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (this is under Sun, considering if the opponent tries to change the weather back afterwards. Also applies to other weather setters below)

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon on a critical hit: 696-818 (165.7 - 194.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper on a critical hit: 1404-1656 (434.6 - 512.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Blizzard vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Torkoal on a critical hit: 275-324 (80.1 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Blizzard vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Torkoal on a critical hit: 336-396 (97.9 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand on a critical hit: 205-243 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand on a critical hit: 253-298 (62.6 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barraskewda on a critical hit: 918-1080 (349 - 410.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kabutops on a critical hit: 704-830 (269.7 - 318%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kingdra on a critical hit: 1096-1296 (376.6 - 445.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Omastar on a critical hit: 704-830 (250.5 - 295.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega on a critical hit: 976-1152 (286.2 - 337.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard on a critical hit: 474-558 (159.5 - 187.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(do note, however, that specs charizard with Overheat still OHKOs)

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Darmanitan on a critical hit: 332-391 (94.5 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Victini on a critical hit: 254-299 (74.4 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona on a critical hit: 244-288 (78.4 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

Yeah, I'd say this is pretty cool.

Mega Zoroark
New Ability
: Illusion => Disguise

New stats:
Attack: 125 (+20)
Defense: 85 (+25)
Special Attack: 125 (+5)
Special Defense: 85 (+25)
Speed: 130 (+25)
(BST)

New moves:
Description:
I'll be honest the main reason this is kind of underwhelming is due to the fact that it gets disguise meaning it can at least set up a swords dance or a nasty plot with the addition that it probably won't get KO'd when doing so. Now the biggest question is why does it get an increase to its bulk and the answer is I didn't want to make this thing be able to set up fairly well and have base 140 attacking stats. As for how Disguise would work with it, my dumb stupid idea is that it simply flips its mane of hair over so it looks like it's facing away from the opponent when in actuality it's not, thus using its fur to bait the opponent into thinking they have an advantage. Anyway when it's "busted" it simply flips its hair back over and you see a more vicious looking zoroark. You can say that minor damage that disguise has when it gets busted is due to the opponent getting stuck in its fur and it getting out causes it some minor pain like when someone pulls on your hair.

Last edited:

Mega-Zoroark
Ability : Psychic Surge
Stats : HP 60 / Atk 110 (+5) / Def 90 (+30) / SpA 135 (+15)/ SpD 90 (+30)/ Spe 125 (+20)
Type : Dark / Psychic
New Moves : Psychic Terrain, Misty Terrain

Description :

Zoroark, once he has taken an attack, becomes sensitive to priorities. Thanks to Psychic Surge and his increase in speed and special attack, he will have 5 turns to sweep the opposing team (and more). In addition, its bulk becomes better, which will allow it to use Nasty Plot safely.

Mega-Delphox
Ability : Ignite
Stats :
HP 75 / Atk 89 (+10) / Def 122 (+50)/ SpA 134 (+20)/ SpD 130 (+30)/ Spe 94 (-10)
Type : Fire / Psychic
New Moves : Hyper Voice

Description :

This tougher version of Delphox will be able to Stall for a long time in the field thanks to wish and inflict heavy damage thanks to Hyper Voice and Ignite.

Last edited:
I'm a simple man. I see the names "Alolan Ninetales" or "Zoroark" in the title of a pet mod and submit entries. (Nerfed a bit as of 1/27)

:ninetales-alola: Mega Alolan Ninetales
New Ability
: Devious (Swaps the user's Attack and Sp. Atk stats when using a Physical attack; swaps them back if using a Special Attack afterwards - does not swap stat boosts.)

New stats:
Defense: 90 (+15)
Special Attack: 136 (+55)
Special Defense: 110 (+10)
Speed: 129 (+20)
(605)

New moves: Aura Sphere
Description: Wallbreaker and/or cleanup sweeper; brutal attacking options and speed, but also frail and has a bad defensive typing.

New Ability
: Cover Blown (If Illusion wore off before it Mega Evolves, its Attack and Sp. Atk are raised 1 stage. Only activates once.)
Type: Dark/Fire

New stats:
Attack: 135 (+30)
Defense: 75 (+15)
Special Attack: 150 (+30)
Special Defense: 75 (+15)
Speed: 115 (+10)
(620)

New moves: Psychic
Description: Late-game nightmare fodder, but pretty useless if forced out, outsped, or activated too early.

Last edited:
[EDIT: Went ahead and provided descriptions for each Mega, as well did some stat tweaking.]

Here's what I've got...

Mega Ninetails-A

Type: Fairy, Ice

Ability: Cloaked Blizzard (On switch-in, this pokemon summons hail and sets up Aurora Veil for 5 turns.)

Base Stats:

Defense: 80 (+5)
Sp. Atk: 120 (+39)
Sp. Def: 120 (+20)
Speed: 145 (+36)
BST: 605

New Moves:
Earth Power

Despite playing much more of a supportive role for HO teams in our current meta, I believe that Mega Alolan Ninetails has the potential to be a solid set-up sweeper with this mega. Setting up Aurora Veil immediately after switch-in, in addition to providing low chip damage with hail allows it to perform the function of a late-game sweeper. In addition to this, a great boosting move in Nasty Plot along with workable STAB and a blistering speed tier, in tandem with Earth Power allows Mega Ninetails to effectively sweep weakened teams after it's checks have been eliminated. Despite this, Mega A-Ninetails has a pretty bad defensive typing, with almost no useful resistances bar one to Dark. Mega Ninetails also has a weakness to Stealth Rock, and has no reliable recovery, meaning that it is very prone to chip. It is also worth mentioning that bulky steels completely overpower Mega Ninetails, Skarmory, and Corviknight completely walling this snowy fox.

Mega Delphox

Type: Fire, Psychic

Ability: True Magician (This pokemon steals items with its attacks and can hold two different items at once.)

The Delphox line has a pretty cool ability, similar to Pickpocket, which allows it to steal items off attacks. However, cool definitely doesn’t mean viable, which, unfortunately, leaves Delphox without a usable ability. True Magician is my way of trying to make the tactic somewhat viable, by giving Delphox the ability to hold two items at once. Obviously, on paper, this sounds really broken, especially on a mon with a base 150 Sp Atk stat. To balance this, and to incorporate how Magician works, Delphox steals other pokemon’s items and basically has two item slots. In-game, I suppose it would work by giving Delphox the Mega Stone, and after mega evolving, having a second item slot in which a stolen item can be placed in. This stolen item can be any item, barring z-crystals and other mega stones. Delphox has to be careful when attacking, and the opponent must be wary of what pokemon they bring in, as items such as Black Sludge and Choice Band can be extremely harmful to Delphox while removing Heavy-Duty-Boots from flying types like Moltres almost completely cripple them.

Base Stats:

Defense: 72
Sp. Atk. 150 (+36)
Sp. Def: 138 (+38)
Speed: 130 (+26)
BST: 634

New Moves:
Earth Power
Energy Ball
Agility
Teleport

Base Delphox is a very specially oriented pokemon, with good Special Atk, Special Defense, and Speed. This form of Mega Delphox wishes to capitalize on those stats, notably an extremely high base 150 Sp Atk stat. This, with regard to a solid STAB of Fire and Psychic, as well as new coverage in Energy Ball and Earth Power, helps it breakthrough many of its checks. Mega Delphox can also opt to run a boosting set, with Calm Mind to boost its already incredibly high Special Stats, or Agility to boost its Speed. Despite this, not all things are cheery for this arcane fox, notably its low Defense and exploitable Speed. Weaknesses to common types such as Water, Ground, and Dark, as well as a weakness to Stealth Rock, hinder its offensive capabilities. Finally, although Mega Delphox’s ability can be a great asset, it also a double-edged sword, sometimes crippling it with a bad item.

Last edited:
Alola-Ninetales is my favourite out of the three, so I decided to make a mega for it.

Mega Alola-Ninetales
:ss/Ninetales-Alola:
Type:Fairy/Ice
Ability/Trait:Refrigerate
Stats

ATTACK:67 -->87 (+20)
DEFENSE:75
SP.ATTACK:81 ---> 125 (+44)
SP.DEFENSE:100 ---> 116 (+16)
SPEED:109 ---> 129 (+20)

New Moves : Hyper Voice, Boomburst, Focus Blast, Mystical Fire, Haze.

Most Used Moveset (My opinion) - Boomburst, Moonblast, Focus Blast/Mystical Fire, Haze/Aurora Veil

Description : Melt your opponents with a refrigerate boosted Boomburst, Moonblast is your second stab, Focus Blast/Mystical Fire is coverage, Haze is to stop sweepers and Aurora Veil is for more bulk

A note : Sorry for posting this in the wrong place for the first time, kinda got confused and I take full blame, again, sorry!

Last edited:
:ninetales-alola: Mega Ninetales-Alola
New Ability
: Careful Guardian
After this pokemon uses field effecting moves (Screens, Terrain Setting, Room Setting, Weather Setting.) it switches out.
Type:

New stats:
Atk: 67 -> 76 (+9) i know its not as good has having all stats ending in 9 but hey, +9 is close enough right ?
Def: 75 -> 99 (+24)
SpA: 81 -> 109 (+28)
SpD: 100 -> 119 (+19)
Spe: 109 -> 129 (+20)
BST: 505 -> 605

New moves
: Magic Room, Psychic Terrain, Lucky Chant, Wish
Description: Gives pivoting properties to manual set up, so while using screens is not as strong as using base with light clay, this ability lets
otherwise weak move options that wouldn't be used like Magic Room or manually setting fields/weather preserve momentum.
While this mega will be mostly used in hyper offense teams with its usual aurora veil set-up and newfound pivoting capabilities
it also shines in improving unused playstyles for those willing to experiment with them.

New Ability
: Rogue's Bond (shoutouts to Quagsi for the ability name)
On switch-in this pokemon's secondary type becomes the same as the primary type of the last pokemon in the party,
all normal type moves on its moveset become of that type too. If its the last pokemon in the party this ability has no effect.
Type:

New stats:
Atk: 105 -> 120 (+15)
Def: 60 ->90 (+30)
SpA: 120
SpD: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Spe: 105 -> 130 (+25)
BST: 510 -> 610

New moves
: Double Edge, Hyper Voice, Fake Out, Quick Attack, Parting Shot
Description: The fun part about Illusion is that it gives the player a way to use team order for a advantage, this ability preserves
and improves that interaction by making the effect directly translate into offensive coverage and defensive typing. Giving an extra
layer to teambuilding that is bound to be useful and interesting.

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader

Ability: Mind Break (Upon mega evolution, the opponent will be cursed, with a 1.3x power boost to any offensive move used this turn. When the user switches in again, the effects of Illusion will be in place. If the user uses a Dark-type move with an illusion active, the illusion will immediately end, and the opponent will be inflicted with Curse. If the move is offensive, the move will have a 1.3x power boost.

Atk: 125 (+20)
Def: 65 (+5)
SpA: 135 (+15)
SpD: 85 (+25)
Spe: 140 (+35)
New Moves: Knock Off, Gunk Shot, Parting Shot

Reasoning
:

Illusion is a fundamentally super cool, but in tandem with Mega Evolution, it's really strange, especially because the illusion breaks regardless of whether Illusion remains intact upon Mega Evolution. For this reason, I feel as though optimizing the deceptive aspects of Illusion can't really be done without drastically reworking the ability, and reworking Zoroark's identity as a whole. So, instead, if you can't beat it, turn it into a tool of destruction.

This idea essentially allows for Zoroark to weaponize its Illusion for wallbreaking purposes, with flavor to bat, overwhelming the opponent with Dark energy and breaking their mind with a curse. This amplified version of Illusion allows for Zoroark to minimize potential switch-ins, helping to get potential Dark-type switch-ins in range of a Sludge Bomb or Flamethrower. This lets Zoroark operate as a very interesting, one of a kind hit and run wallbreaker that uses its Illusion as a way to actually make progress as opposed to solely relying on mindgames, also even having access to neat options like Pursuit, Foul Play, and Sucker Punch to further take advantage of its ability, and actually make direct use of its Illusion.

Alternatively, it can use its great boosting options in Swords Dance, Calm Mind, and situationally Nasty Plot (since it somewhat conflicts with its ability, but this was an intentional design choice) to make its Mind Break-boosted attacks that much more dangerous, alongside a new Physical coverage option in Gunk Shot to deal with Fairy-type matchups. Parting Shot is the final addition, and while possibly not being an amazing choice, it does allow for Zoroark to plant a Curse onto opponents before swapping out to support a fellow wallbreaker or passive utility Pokemon.

Although it appears frustrating, it definitely has its weak points, such as poultry bulk which does not pair well with its Dark-type, unimpressive unboosted offenses, and a painful weakness to priority. It is also fairly easy to scout out too due to how sustaining any damage can make mind play difficult to pull off. Nonetheless, it is an interesting option that takes advantage of Illusion to make progress and wallbreak in a very one-of-a-kind way.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 7)