Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it be easy to breed a quadruple flawless koffing? I hatched a box full of koffings yesterday and None even had double flawless. T_T

I am breeding an Impish Ditto w/ Everstole 31 HP IVs with a Koffing male with 17/31/27/27/31/31 IVs. Am I doing this right?

Will it be easy to breed a quadruple flawless koffing? I hatched a box full of koffings yesterday and None even had double flawless. T_T

I am breeding an Impish Ditto w/ Everstole 31 HP IVs with a Koffing male with 17/31/27/27/31/31 IVs. Am I doing this right?
Yes you are, just make sure to replace the Ditto with a better female whenever you see the chance.

Why female I have one but most stats are 22's and ONE flawless

I also have a dusknoir with godly IVs but... its a male and im trying to breed koffings / weezings

You can only pass 3 IVs anyway, so once you get an impish female with 31s in one of the defenses, you're probably best using that and hoping the RNG gives you a good HP iv.

a simple question

i heard that if you first catch a pokemon, it has no EVs, so if i caught a level 99 pokeomon (impossible i know lol) it would have no EVs?

Hmm got something weird goin on pearl at the mo, the breeding man has turned to the right, and offers me the egg, but my party is full. Yet on the daycare applet on the poketech theres no egg even if i refresh it. ANyone got any ideas why this would happen?

Hmm got something weird goin on pearl at the mo, the breeding man has turned to the right, and offers me the egg, but my party is full. Yet on the daycare applet on the poketech theres no egg even if i refresh it. ANyone got any ideas why this would happen?

thats might be because i think you probably asked for it already, but didnt have enogh room for it, im not to sure though lol

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I thought ADV-bred pokémon could change traits in D/P upon evolution, even if they already had both in Advance...?

Oh well, gotta test it later.
They shouldn't. You know how Pokesav gives you the option for first or second "class?" That's really referring to ability 1 or 2 for the pokemon. So if a Magneton bred in R/S/E is "second" class (Sturdy, if I recall correctly), it will remain "second" class upon being transferred to D/P. When evolved, it will keep Sturdy as an ability.

Through Pokesav, you can force a pokemon to have disagreeing "class" and ability. If you change a pokemon's ability without changing what class they are, when they evolve, their ability will reset itself to the correct one.

For pokemon with only one ability, they can still be either first or second class, but both classes correspond with the same ability. So, say, for Machamp, first and second class both have the corresponding ability Guts. However, when you trade a Machoke from R/S/E to D/P and evolve it, if it is second class, the new game uses No Guard as the ability for that slot. So, upon evolving, its ability is reset to No Guard.

Hope that made sense.

Are there any pokemon in particular that have good synergy with a DDtar?
Poison types that are immune to/not weak to ground tend to pair well with DDTar.

Specs Gengar's typing works well with Tyranitar, allowing it to come in and facepalm whatever is statting up against it. Comes in on the Earthquake or Close Combat, and beats out most of Tyranitar's counters. Of course, you could try a Scarf or an un-choiced variant, but as you're playing it with a DDTar something that hits hard off the bat is nice.

Weezing works well: His defense complements Tar's massive Sp.Def in Sandstorm, and can Wisp potential physical threats. Also hits Heracross hard, as long as you don't burn it by mistake.

Scarf Roserade has very good typing combination with Tyranitar, though it's lack of immunities and poor defense harm it. However, it can shut down problem pokes entirely with Sleep Powder, as well as hitting hard on most of Tyranitar's counters with Leaf Storm (With Hp Ice for Gliscor, Breloom)

Hope that helps :)

Other than Taunt and DD, what two moves should a late game sweeper Gyarados on a Sandstorm team use?

EQ is common on my team, and I don't care much for Ice Fang...

Waterfall and Stone Edge? Or Return instead of Stone Edge?

Other than Taunt and DD, what two moves should a late game sweeper Gyarados on a Sandstorm team use?

EQ is common on my team, and I don't care much for Ice Fang...

Waterfall and Stone Edge? Or Return instead of Stone Edge?
gyras combo's usually go along the lines of...
Waterfall/Earthquake
Icefang/Earthquake
Waterfall/Icefang
Stone Edge/waterfall

it could make a mixed sweeper very well although the speed might not be the best id keep it

what pokemon have good synergy with machamp and metagross?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)