Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
How do you check the nature of a shadow pokemon you just caught in XD? I can find the stats, but not the nature. How am I supposed to SR for Tangrowth without it?
Like I did. Trial, and error, and trial, and error. You look for the stat that has the highest IV possible with the nature you want. Compare to what you have.

Managed a Bold 30 / 7 / 26 / 15 / 27 / 19 and Relaxed 17 / 31 / 26 / 26 / 30 / 31 that way, in two different playthroughs. Going for a third type now.

Or, monotonous plan B, buy many Colognes in Agate, rub, check, reset, repeat.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think I'm going to buy a USB Memory Adaptor for the Gamecube so I can actually make two copies of that damn copy-protected save file XD produces (or else just hex-edit the copy protection out of the save file), save before I fight the guy with the legendary birds, and reset for Zapdos. Even though it auto-saves, I'll have a fresh file I can re-load onto the adaptor and try again if it's not something I want.

That's the only way I can think of to score a Metal Sound/Baton Pass Zapdos, and I hear those are a real rarity around these parts (read: they don't exist).

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
That... seems of questionable morality. Not trying to sound rude, as a new person here, but are things like that considered permissible?

Also, update on the starter XD Eevee:
Sassy Female, 30 - 31 / 31 / 31 / 17 / 24 / 21
Which, not the Umbreon ever uses them, leave the lame Hidden Power of Steel 34.
Still an Eevee; been canceling the Moon Shard evolution.

quick question. why do so many people have a "I Could Be Banned" tag on them lately? ive seen like 10+ in the past few days... was there a drug bust?

People just cannot follow the rules, thus get infractions. IIRC, it only takes four infractions to be in the 'I could be banned' category.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That... seems of questionable morality. Not trying to sound rude, as a new person here, but are things like that considered permissible?

Also, update on the starter XD Eevee:
Sassy Female, 30 - 31 / 31 / 31 / 16 - 17 / 24 / 21
Which, not the Umbreon ever uses them, leave the two lame Hidden Power possibilities of 34 Ground or Steel.
Why would that be at all questionable? Nintendo quite effectively prevented us from resetting for any of the XD birds (yet they gave them some cool moves, Zapdos especially) without the use of a third-party device. It's no worse than, say, hacking the ticket for Shaymin or Arceus.

Hi all i am trying to create a UU team but all my sweepers seem to be slow (below 200 Speed lol) so i am wanting to put and agility/baton pass combo in it.
So i have gone throught the whole of the UU teir list and here are all the pokemon which have a moveset on them that included baton pass and agilty.
My question is which do you say is the best for the job.

Ariados
Girafarig
Ledian
Masquarian
Venamoth
Gorebyss
Minun
Plusle

So which of these would you say is the best to use.
(i was thinking venomoth because it has the added use of Sleep Powder)
Well thanks in advance for any help given.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Immediately, I'd consider Ledian for the Reflect / Light Screen possibilities as well, but you have to watch out for Stealth Rock, like with Venomoth.

Because I'm nice....

Check IV's Hold down Start+Select when going into the summary. Go to TM's. They will show IVs in the order, Hp/Atk/Def/Spd/Sp.atk/Sp.Def.
94000130 fdff0000
52067638 e0ee0ec4
0206763c 88809800
02067640 0fc40740
0206763c 47004800
02067640 02000101
62000100 402e1c26
e2000100 0000003c
4f0bb4f0 687f683f
193f4c0a 20006934
0eed06e5 1d3f807d
1c400964 d1f72806
9800bcf0 07408880
4d030f44 47282c00
021c4d28 00000bec
02067645 00000000
d2000000 00000000
You are very nice. Thanks.

For Stallrein the speed isn't necessarily important at all. You can use a Bold nature or a Relaxed nature, and the speed iv doesn't matter. All that matters is being able to establish your Protect+Sub cycles, which don't require speed.

yes, stallrein uses the same concept as subseeder however speed is also nice to survive during setup which is why people have a hard time choosing Sceptile(speed) vs. Celebi(Defenses)

200th Post!!

^ What he said. My stallrein (which I haven't really used except for twice) is Relaxed, because I much prefer subbing at the end of a turn, because then it's a tad bit easier to predict, and if you think that they'll break the sub, but they don't, you can capitalize on it more easily. To summarize, I wouldn't be preoccupied with speed. I'd prioritise in the following order: HP (really should be perfect), Defense, Special Defense, Special Attack.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hi, I'm planning to breed an Aipom in my Emerald cartridge, now, if it has run away as ability, will it became a technician Ambipom? Thanks in advance.

possibly. upon evolution in DP he will have a 50% chance of either gender.

if yo want to be sure of technician, you need to get a run away aipom thats bred in DP, that has a 100% chance of becoming technician.

example: my mate had a magnet pull magneton bred in emerald, which became sturdy when evolving into magnezone, even though it had both abilities available to it in emerald.

possibly. upon evolution in DP he will have a 50% chance of either gender.

if yo want to be sure of technician, you need to get a run away aipom thats bred in DP, that has a 100% chance of becoming technician.

example: my mate had a magnet pull magneton bred in emerald, which became sturdy when evolving into magnezone, even though it had both abilities available to it in emerald.
One thing I feel I should add onto this is from what seems to have been proven SRing and evolving can result in different abilitys upon evolving so if it changes to the other in one evolve just SR and try again (or so I have heard)

haunter

Banned deucer.
One thing I feel I should add onto this is from what seems to have been proven SRing and evolving can result in different abilitys upon evolving so if it changes to the other in one evolve just SR and try again (or so I have heard)
Well, this would be an interesting discovery... Can someone confirm this?

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This should be false even without checking.

The ability, gender and nature of a Pokemon all depend on a 32-bit variable of the Pokemon called the PID. The reason why Pokemon that had only one option for their ability in ADV sometimes change their ability to the new option in DP is that their PID was pointing to the second ability in ADV, but since that Pokemon only had one ability at that time, only the default one was listed. When it's transferred to DP, the ability is recalculated from its PID when the Pokemon evolves, which would then display the second one.

In short, soft-resetting before evolution wouldn't help, since the ability is not generated at random, but from that Pokemon's PID which was set in stone at the moment it was generated (either when its egg was created or when encountered in the wild).

Also, Pokemon don't change gender when evolving after being transferred from ADV to DP, and don't change their natures, either. Gender and Nature are calculated also from the PID, and hence cannot change. If DP had new natures (or maybe new genders!), this could have happened, but no new natures were introduced in DP, so it didn't.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm fairly certain that the ability is an internal feature that is programmed into the Pokemon and will not change no matter how much you SR. At least, that's what has always been believed to be true.

Edit: Beaten. In both time and detail.

haunter

Banned deucer.
And so there is no way to know if a migrated pokemon will take the D\P new ability? I ask this because I successfully evolved a solid rock Rhyperior from an emerald rock head Rhyorn and was wondering if the same could happen with Aipom which is in the same situation.
Sorry for my insistence and for my poor english.
Thanks for the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)