Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

I started Pokemon Diamond recently and beat the Pokemon league.
I was wondering now... do legendary Pokemon not respond once you defeat them in DP after the Pokemon League?

Edit: Dialga is back but not the sea/feel trio

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
anyone know if I can bypass 6 pokemon per day transfer in Pokemon DPP?
You mean transferring Gen III Pokemon to DPPt's Pal Park? Bulbapedia mentions one method but you need a second Gen III game to do it:

Bulbapedia said:
If, once a Catching Show has been completed, the player turns off the game system and changes the date on the Nintendo DS to the next day, then inserts a second Generation III game, they will be instructed to reset the time on the DS. This will prevent migration from that second game, but allow the original game—that has already had six Pokémon transferred—to send Pokémon into the Generation IV game.
Alternatively, if you also have a second Gen III game, there's also this method:
Alternatively, the player can restart the save file on the Generation III game. These restrictions are only per save file, so restarting the Generation III game will allow Pokémon to be migrated from that Game Pak multiple times in the same day.
The idea here would be:
  1. Trade all the Pokemon you want to the second Gen III game.
  2. After you transfer 6 Pokemon from the first Gen III game (and caught all of them in Pal Park), restart the first game's save file.
  3. Trade over 6 Pokemon from the second Gen III game to the new file of the first Gen III game.
  4. Transfer those 6 Pokemon over to DPPt as it'll think it's a new game file.
  5. Go back to step 2 until you've transferred all the Pokemon you wanted to send over.
Happy transferring!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know of anywhere where I could get in depth stats on a pokemon game. Including encounter rates per route, trainer pokemon, etc. I recall seeing something like this before in a sort of data dump, but can't seem to find it. The game I'm particularly looking for is Emerald, and I guess I could always slowly copy all the info from serebii or something like that, but looking to see if there is already a combined list or spread sheets with this info.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know of anywhere where I could get in depth stats on a pokemon game. Including encounter rates per route, trainer pokemon, etc. I recall seeing something like this before in a sort of data dump, but can't seem to find it. The game I'm particularly looking for is Emerald, and I guess I could always slowly copy all the info from serebii or something like that, but looking to see if there is already a combined list or spread sheets with this info.
While I can't guarantee it's accuracy, here's a wiki that gathered all the specific information for Emerald (though it shares some pages with their Ruby & Sapphire guide, and for a few pages links to the Bulbapedia page).

Otherwise Bulbapedia and Serebii has all the information, you'd just need to parse through it for the Emerald information you want.

While I can't guarantee it's accuracy, here's a wiki that gathered all the specific information for Emerald (though it shares some pages with their Ruby & Sapphire guide, and for a few pages links to the Bulbapedia page).

Otherwise Bulbapedia and Serebii has all the information, you'd just need to parse through it for the Emerald information you want.
Thanks, looks like I will have to put a little elbow grease in to combine everything, but at least all the information is there.

Hi in Crystal, my lv29 Lanturn battled a lv24 Ditto belonging to a scientist in Mahogany Team Rocket HQ.

First turn, I outsped the ditto and paralyzed it using Thunder Wave while it used Transform.

The status of the ditto-lanturn continued to say "PAR", yet in the following turns we kept speed-tying as if the paralysis speed drop never applied. The fully paralyzed would still occasionally kick in though as normal.

Would someone please explain to me what's going on here? Is this a Gen2 only mechanic where ditto has some special rules regarding status, & would this mechanic act the same if I used ditto in a Showdown gen2 format?

Thanks for any insight

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hi in Crystal, my lv29 Lanturn battled a lv24 Ditto belonging to a scientist in Mahogany Team Rocket HQ.

First turn, I outsped the ditto and paralyzed it using Thunder Wave while it used Transform.

The status of the ditto-lanturn continued to say "PAR", yet in the following turns we kept speed-tying as if the paralysis speed drop never applied. The fully paralyzed would still occasionally kick in though as normal.

Would someone please explain to me what's going on here? Is this a Gen2 only mechanic where ditto has some special rules regarding status, & would this mechanic act the same if I used ditto in a Showdown gen2 format?

Thanks for any insight
If I had to guess what happened, the Paralysis likely did decrease Ditto's Speed... BUT when Ditto transformed it copied over the modified Speed to be the same as Lanturn's.

I’m trying to receive the mystery gift for the last season of Battle Stadium doubles on shield. However it keeps saying that a gift is there but I can’t receive it with my current software. I have gone into battle stadium and updated my rank, I have also checked previous competition results and checked mystery gift but it is still telling me I can’t receive it with my current software. I am using the most recent software. What am I doing wrong?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I’m trying to receive the mystery gift for the last season of Battle Stadium doubles on shield. However it keeps saying that a gift is there but I can’t receive it with my current software. I have gone into battle stadium and updated my rank, I have also checked previous competition results and checked mystery gift but it is still telling me I can’t receive it with my current software. I am using the most recent software. What am I doing wrong?
Both Switch and version patch? If yes, try to see if they'll let you try to update both/either again, maybe for some reason one didn't take.

For what matters, I've seen several people on Twitter complaining of the same issue.

It's possible it's just an issue on GF's side.

Not sure if this is the right spot to post, but what newest generation Pokémon game is the best/has the best plot? I haven’t played any game since Black and White as I did not want to invest in a 3DS, but am thinking about getting one now and not sure which game to try first

Not sure if this is the right spot to post, but what newest generation Pokémon game is the best/has the best plot? I haven’t played any game since Black and White as I did not want to invest in a 3DS, but am thinking about getting one now and not sure which game to try first
Popular consensus seems to be the original Sun and Moon.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
  • Best Main Plot: (Original) Sun & Moon
  • Best Post Game Episode: X & Y
  • Best Game Features & Battles: Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
  • Best Quality Of Life Mechanics: Sword & Shield
  • Best Exploration: Sword & Shield DLCs
  • Best Legendary Hunt: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Honestly, I would say the best place to start back into Pokemon would be the recent games, Sword & Shield (which they now sell with the DLC included). Once you're done with that and feel like you want to go back and experience the 3DS era than go right ahead, though I would suggest saving your money at the moment if you're just hopping back into things.

In gen 4, every pokemons default name is spelled with caps. But in later gens, only the first letter is capitalized. My question is, if I transfer a pokemon from gen 4 (in this case "LATIOS") to SWSH, will it appear as "LATIOS" in SWSH or will the game correct it to "Latios"?

In gen 4, every pokemons default name is spelled with caps. But in later gens, only the first letter is capitalized. My question is, if I transfer a pokemon from gen 4 (in this case "LATIOS") to SWSH, will it appear as "LATIOS" in SWSH or will the game correct it to "Latios"?
Pokemon Bank fixed all the uppercase name issues. In my experience it even corrected the language (a foreign mon evolved in an English game would get the all caps English name, which became the foreign name on transfer again). I think it took until Gen 8 for foreign names to be preserved on evolution in the main games though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1x50nj

Do you mind if I post my Nexomon Extinction playthroughs in Orange Islands? It may not technically be Pokemon, but it's so similar it might as well be a fangame.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do you mind if I post my Nexomon Extinction playthroughs in Orange Islands? It may not technically be Pokemon, but it's so similar it might as well be a fangame.
This is not the place for fangames, unfortunately. I would probably suggest looking elsewhere in these forums if you want to post about that, perhaps in one of the non-Pokemon related forums here.

(apologies if I've broken any rules here).

Hey, apologies for the specific mention, but I'm looking for something. I think someone (DaWoblefet ?) once posted a video where they cause the 20-minute VGC timer to expire in a very short amount of turns. I was curious to view it but can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a link?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hey, apologies for the specific mention, but I'm looking for something. I think someone (DaWoblefet ?) once posted a video where they cause the 20-minute VGC timer to expire in a very short amount of turns. I was curious to view it but can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a link?
I know the video you're talking about, if I recall both players used a team of 6 Shiny Galarian Weezings to stall out the VGC Timer I think all in one (or maybe it was two?) turn. I can't seem to find the video myself, no matter of word combinations is making it come up so maybe it was deleted?

Reactions: CPU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)