Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Another ques, is the completely normal random battles usually present on PS? It was very unique with the free for alls. If yes, what name can we find it under? And if no, will it ever come back?

Edit- Even the Eternamax AG was fun experience.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Another ques, is the completely normal random battles usually present on PS? It was very unique with the free for alls. If yes, what name can we find it under? And if no, will it ever come back?

Edit- Even the Eternamax AG was fun experience.
P sure it was just an April Fool's day thing, which maybe comes back next year for the day? Up to PS people.

is there an optimal mixdef slowking spread to help a team's matchup against Urshifu, Barraskewda, Heatran, and Nidoking at the same time?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
is there an optimal mixdef slowking spread to help a team's matchup against Urshifu, Barraskewda, Heatran, and Nidoking at the same time?
Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport

this gives u sdef for nidoking running modest or timid with your boots knocked. rest in pdef for tanking the waters well, but urshifu-r still does a number. be careful

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport

this gives u sdef for nidoking running modest or timid with your boots knocked. rest in pdef for tanking the waters well, but urshifu-r still does a number. be careful
just watch out for electric coverage on nidoking, as you have to be in pristine shape to take hits, and even then you can't 100% safely switch in. It may not even carry electric coverage, but it's still a thing to consider

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
pex, torn, tang, landot, clef, ferro, rilla, kart, zera, mandi, sciz, craw, weav, bish

bolded ones who (almost) always use it
bit of a nitpick but- i'd say that Torn wouldnt almost always use it, esp on nasty plot sets. even on pivot, it's not uncommon to run heat wave over it. Ferro also sometimes goes without it. But anyway the point is still made :)

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
np knock is most common np set rn, but heat wave is viable yea
ye fair, knock is (according to march usage stats) used on torn 51% of the time (0 usage stats) 52% of the time (1500 usage stats) 60% of the time (1695 usage stats) 71% of the time (1825 usage stats)
as for ferro, it's 51% (0 usage stats), 55% (1500 usage stats) 80% (1695 usage stats) 84% (1825)

I'd say neither is an "almost always uses" case, maybe ferro but ehh

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
ye fair, knock is (according to march usage stats) used on torn 51% of the time (0 usage stats) 52% of the time (1500 usage stats) 60% of the time (1695 usage stats) 71% of the time (1825 usage stats)
as for ferro, it's 51% (0 usage stats), 55% (1500 usage stats) 80% (1695 usage stats) 84% (1825)

I'd say neither is an "almost always uses" case, maybe ferro but ehh
You’re nitpicking a response to the SQSA with ladder stats to help differentiate “most of the time” from “almost always” my friend, maybe it’s best to move on to avoid cluttering a thread intended to help and inform people. I would be happy to discuss this topic more in appropriate places like the Metagame Discussion thread or via PM!

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
Okay so this is a weird one but hear me out. I have a main account on PS on which I usually ladder and have registered. But when I use a new team I always just put in a random alt and test out my team laddering from bottom ladder to top ladder. If that alt get's high enough, I register it as well and when I open PS next time it is already automatically logged in. I sometimes get a weak net connection and that reconnect/work offline dialogue box appears. When I reconnect, the last registered alt is automatically logged in again and when I try to change name to the alt I was laddering with that particular day, firstly I get the message "somebody is already using this alt", which is again probably because of the weak net connection, the servers take time to register that the alt has been logged out off but what happens from that is that there is a feature on PS that prevents you from constantly changing names in names in succession. I naturally keep trying to change the name name to that alt until the servers get the info but sometimes this happens -

View attachment 329208

I lost due to timer while I was in the match but it wouldn't let me change the name again. Now, this is quite rare and it has happened to be only a couple of times but I still would like to prevent such loses if possible. Is there any way around this? Also on a related note, is there any way to prevent your last registered account from automatically being logged in when opening PS ?
Hello,

This type of question belongs in the PS subforum here. this subforum is dedicated to OU specifically rather than PS functionality. If you have further questions on what goes where, feel free to PM me anytime! Be sure to read their rules before posting in that thread, too.

Have a nice day.

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
For RBY OU, why is the Cleric Clause used? I am unfamiliar with oldgens, is there a reason you would want to enter a battle damaged?
fwiw, RBY questions belong in the Ruins of Alph subforum -- it's under Smogon metagames still, but different section.

Desync Clause Mod: Desyncs changed to move failure.
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Freeze Clause Mod: Limit one foe frozen
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

RBY only has these clauses, so I'm not sure what you mean. I'd ask there anyway.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
For RBY OU, why is the Cleric Clause used? I am unfamiliar with oldgens, is there a reason you would want to enter a battle damaged?
While it is possible in link battles, not being able to start off with imperfect health/existing status conditions is how it has always been played on simulators.
If it were possible, having Pokemon like Starmie, Alakazam, or Chansey afflicted by burn would definitely be beneficial. Reason being that burn doesn't bother them much (it only does 1/16 each turn in RBY, they have access to reliable recovery, and they only use special/fixed attacks) and being unable to be afflicted with paralysis/sleep/freeze would be huge for these Pokemon and warp the metagame.

As Finch stated though, you should ask questions like these in Ruins of Alph in the future.

While it is possible in link battles, not being able to start off with imperfect health/existing status conditions is how it has always been played on simulators.
If it were possible, having Pokemon like Starmie, Alakazam, or Chansey afflicted by burn would definitely be beneficial. Reason being that burn doesn't bother them much (it only does 1/16 each turn in RBY, they have access to reliable recovery, and they only use special/fixed attacks) and being unable to be afflicted with paralysis/sleep/freeze would be huge for these Pokemon and warp the metagame.

As Finch stated though, you should ask questions like these in Ruins of Alph in the future.
Poison also deals 1/16 in Gen 1, so even physical attackers can enjoy the benefits of status immunity.

Hi finch, when you update the sample team? is there any other viable hyper offense team other than koko screen + hawlucha with sash lando lead? because that team is already known and predicted

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Hi finch, when you update the sample team? is there any other viable hyper offense team other than koko screen + hawlucha with sash lando lead? because that team is already known and predicted
Not Finch, but I recommend trying FlamingVictini's SPL week 8 team he shared here. While the sets may differ, these six form a very solid hyper offense that has shown strong success in tournaments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)