Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This is the place to ask questions that can be answered in a single post. Threads are meant for discussion, and questions like those don't provide that. Before you post here, check your post wouldn't be better suited to one of these threads:
If you have one of those questions, great! Just scan over this list first:
  1. Make sure it's related to the Pokemon Showdown simulator. In-game questions go in Orange Islands, while battling questions are more suited to the relevant Smogon Metagames subforum.
  2. Google is a cool resource - try searching there first. It only takes a matter of seconds, and might resolve your issue quickly without resorting to this thread.
  3. If you're new to Smogon in general, the Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread thread is the perfect place to find your feet.
  4. There's some good stuff on the sim page on the PS site - including a general FAQ and staff FAQ.
Answering a question? Some tips:
  1. Even if it's a really basic question, it'd be awesome if you could provide a very brief explanation to prevent the need for further questions.
  2. Please quote the question you're replying to, to avoid confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
why were Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre introduced on PS! when their abilities weren't coded in/implemented? Why was PS! in such a hurry to introduce the new Megas and the Primals?
And ofc why a new thread?
I'm not sure about your first question, but I'd say that it's because of the popular demand. For your second question, as Pikachuun said, is likely because of how large the first post is and reiterating some rules for the future.

Ok let me ask this question in a diffrent way tan my original.
Why did it say I lost this battle? This video contains the entire battle.
Why didnt I get to use all the pokemon in my party?
I would appreciate the feed back.
Also, I think ill enjoy it on this site!

Link to the video -> http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-178181280
Your opponent forfeited, the next turn was still played but it didn't make a difference you won the battle due to your opponent forfeiting so that's why you didn't get to use all your pokemon

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is there any reason why room mods are unable to perform alt checks? It would have been a useful feature in a couple of evading + impersonation situations I have seen all though these don't happen very often. Of course we can always ask a global mod to do this, but doing so repeatedly feels like we are taking advantage of a feature we were never supposed to have by bugging another person. I am mostly curious as to the decision for room mods to not be able perform alt checks and the reasoning behind it.

Is there any reason why room mods are unable to perform alt checks? It would have been a useful feature in a couple of evading + impersonation situations I have seen all though these don't happen very often. Of course we can always ask a global mod to do this, but doing so repeatedly feels like we are taking advantage of a feature we were never supposed to have by bugging another person. I am mostly curious as to the decision for room mods to not be able perform alt checks and the reasoning behind it.
It might have something to do with /alts being a server-wide command, like /user, so room mods would be able to check alts of people in rooms where they had no auth.

How do users get custom avatars on Main? I know on other servers you can buy them with the server currency, but here, I still see some users with them and I don't have a clue how I can possibly get one. :(

How do users get custom avatars on Main? I know on other servers you can buy them with the server currency, but here, I still see some users with them and I don't have a clue how I can possibly get one. :(
In most cases, only global mods and higher are able to obtain them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)