Resource SS OU Role Compendium

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
With the Viability Ranking update finally here, it's time to start updating this again. Admittedly I've been a bit busy lately, and I would like to ask you all for help with updating this. The main requirement for suggesting something is that the mon needs to be on the VR, so whatever's on the VR now should be added, and whatever is no longer on the VR needs to be removed. Thanks in advance and have a good night!

Galarian Slowking should be added to Defensive Pivots.

Shuckle should be added to Stealth Rock and Sticky Web.

Nidoking and Nidoqueen should be added to Toxic Spikes.

Latias should be added to Healing Wish, Trick, and Choice Scarf.

Latios should be added to Special Wallbreakers, Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Trick, and Calm Mind

Pheromosa should be added to Choice Band and Choice Specs.

Magearna should be added to Defensive Pivots.

Kartana should be added to Physical Wallbreakers and Choice Band.

Spectrier should be added to Special Wallbreakers, Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, and Calm Mind.

Zygarde, Kyurem-Black, and Landorus-Incarnate should be removed from the index.

that’s all for now, it’s 1:30 AM and I need to sleep. great work on the compendium so far!

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hazard Control:
Defog: :volcanion:

Other:
Knock Off (Defensive/Utility): :mandibuzz: :tapu fini:

Trick: :blacephalon: :magearna:

Wallbreakers:
Special: :blacephalon: :tapu lele:

Choiced:
Choice Scarf: :urshifu: (single-strike)
Choice Specs: :blacephalon: :tapu lele: :regidrago: :regieleki: :volcanion:

Setup Sweepers:
Bulk Up: :cinderace:

Walls:
Specially Defensive: :slowking-galar: :mandibuzz:

Weather:
Swift Swim: :seismitoad:

Snow Warning: :Ninetales-alola:
Slush Rush: :arctozolt:

Other Notes: Remove Jellicent, Ludicolo, and Raikou as they aren't in the current VR.

Last edited:

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Okay I probably have a lot of stuff to add here and remove so this might be long.

====

Stuff to add

Hazard Control:

Defog:

Wallbreakers:

Physical:

Special:

Mixed:

Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance:

Walls:
Physically Defensive:

Specially Defensive:

Pivots:
Defensive:

=========

Stuff to remove
Stealth Rock:

Hazard Control:

Defog:

Other:

Trick:

Wallbreakers:

Physical:

Special:

Setup Sweepers:

Coil:

Curse:

Calm Mind:

Shell Smash:

Extremespeed:

I'll add / remove some more in the future since I don't think I have gotten to all of it yet and I feel like I've missed some but these are the most important changes to me

Considering people r running bulky defog hydreigon that walls special threats (and also invests into spdef often) i think it should be added under the special walls category too

Remove cinderace and magearna mentions

Also add galar zapdos to offensive pivots for u turn and regieleki as well

Plus add garchomp as mixed wallbreaker and probably hydreigon as well(as superpower does sees some usage and is considered viable)

I have some quick observations about three Pokémon I use in my team. Maybe I'm wrong because I'm not experient, so please be kind.

Can Scizor be considered a Defogger? I always use it performing this role. And what about Slowking, can it function as a Defensive Pivot, like its older brother? Plus, is Xatu a viable Magic Bounce user?

:ss/scizor: :ss/slowking: :ss/xatu:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I have some quick observations about three Pokémon I use in my team. Maybe I'm wrong because I'm not experient, so please be kind.

Can Scizor be considered a Defogger? I always use it performing this role. And what about Slowking, can it function as a Defensive Pivot, like its older brother? Plus, is Xatu a viable Magic Bounce user?

:ss/scizor: :ss/slowking: :ss/xatu:
Scizor: Can but probably shouldnt.
Slowking: Its already considered as Specially Defensive pivot unless you mean non Teleport/Future Sight.
Xatu: Not really a good mon in the first place, regardless of having Magic Bounce.

Scizor: Can but probably shouldnt.
Slowking: Its already considered as Specially Defensive pivot unless you mean non Teleport/Future Sight.
Xatu: Not really a good mon in the first place, regardless of having Magic Bounce.
I see. I don't want to bother, but I wasn't able to find regular Slowking in the Defensive pivot section, although I've found Slowbro and Slowking-G. Besides, Xatu is there too, but not in the Magic Bounce section, so maybe you could also remove Xatu from the Pivot section. These are my suggestions to clarify the compendium.

Attachments

Katy

Banned deucer.
Clerics and Wish:
Heal Bell: :blissey:

Other:
Trick: :tapu fini:

Wallbreakers:
Physical: :Tapu Bulu:
Special: :zapdos: (rain set)
Mixed: :Arctozolt:

Choice Item User:
Choice Band: :landorus-Therian: (Bandorus)
Choice Scarf: :tapu Fini: :tapu lele:
Choice Specs: :tapu lele: :tapu koko:

Setup Sweepers:
Calm Mind: :Tapu lele:
Nasty Plot: :slowking-galar:
Swords Dance: :tapu bulu:

Pivots:
Defensive: :scizor:

Unrank On Certain Fields:
Wallbreakers:

Special: :Regieleki:

Entirely Unrank / Remove: :Lycanroc-Dusk: :Azelf: :nihilego: :stakataka: :chansey: :chandelure:

:clefable: -> special walls

sorta checks kyurem, switches into dragapult, became a lot more common esp in wcop and stour (also on the ladder / iterating as a whole). the effects that dragapult and kyurem put on the meta means this mon has a lot more business in the palm of its hand

:slowking: -> defensive pivots (consensual in thread)

made extreme adaptations to the metagame as the main regen water, pairs with some of the best breakers in the meta with fs + teleport. teams need to check heatran, lele, etc.

:corviknight: -> potentially mixed walls

i believe thisll also deserve a mention in the thread, even with the adaptations of running helmet to punish moistshifu weav kart, it can run spdef effectively to check lele. the evs can be changed in the builder to remove some stalemates and this can be widely explored.

I gave a rough look at the compendium and these three things stood out to me for not being included yet
:Dragonite: Defog -> if you don't need/can't fit heal bell, Defog is the next best thing on defensive Dragonite
:Tapu Lele: Choice Specs -> it's Lele and Lele does specs stuff.
:Gengar: Trick -> scarf trick plot is a decent set, I'm a big fan so I may be biased on this one

Alright had the time to work on this and should reflect current meta trends and usage, along with some WCOP stuff. Listing on the thread will be ordered by alphabetical order now, while there will also be a | on listings now to separate niche picks. Will be updating this as much as I can from here on out and will gladly enjoy all contributors helping or recommending any changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)