CAP 3D Modeling Project

QxC4eva

is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Did the model UVs and updated the it on the drive (same link! see kj's post above)
UV.png

Does anyone want to texture or learn to texture Justyke? It's a very easy one, message me if you're interested.

Flicks if you're having trouble finding the model file I attached a copy with this post:

Attachments

Hi, I've been interested in 3d modeling, and can sorta do it now!
The only problem is that I dont use Blender for it (since I dont have a computer, I just use my phone)
Instead, I use the app called SubDivFormer
But can I still do it?

QxC4eva

Hi, I've been interested in 3d modeling, and can sorta do it now!
The only problem is that I dont use Blender for it (since I dont have a computer, I just use my phone)
Instead, I use the app called SubDivFormer
But can I still do it?
That's an interesting point you brought up. I don't think there's a mobile modeling app right now that's free and good enough for what we do, but I'll try to keep an eye out for them - texture maps in particular tend to be hard to support cause of memory issues. SDF 3D has some basic modeling functions and is fun to play with but can't import or export OBJ files (at least not in the free version). Texturing is limited to face coloring only so it means it won't be able to get the amount of detail we need on our models. So the answer is no, SDF can't do it, but good on you for trying it out! Keep playing around with it and if it's something you enjoy it can be a stepping stone towards bigger programs like Blender.

Zephyri has gone ahead and speed textured the Justyke but anyone who wants to learn how to texture CAP models (using a computer for now :P) is still welcome to reach out.

Last edited:

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
I'll just be posting the textures here along w how they look on the model for better transparency

1618500379452.png

1618500399572.png
1618500410699.png

Last edited:
Zephyri Nice job on the textures? I have worked a basic rig, but because justyke is a pretty basic object, I don't belive that it needs too big of an animation, so a simple rig should be fine, but if not, the rig can be edited.

Attachments

Hey guys,
as a 3D-Modelling beginner, I am really impressed and inspired by everything you make here (by the CAP project in general) :D
A few weeks ago I 3D printed and painted a Mollux and wanted to share it with you ^^

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O1UDkNtew9S3-SO1yf-S_kKXIe7575CY?usp=sharing

I tried a lot of different ways to make the shell look right, but I couldn't get the transparency of the magenta/purple liquid right (the bubbles were also a big problem). Anyway, I am kind of happy with the results.

Once I get better at 3D modeling I will print some other models and will try to help to model something for the CAP 3D Modeling Project:)

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wow, that is a really cool model, ldsquillace! It looks really clean on the little turning stand. I could easily imagine it being an amiibo or something. I also love how the model lights up! I don't know anything about how that works, so all I can say is that it's cool. :D

Thanks, Quanyails! It means a lot ^^ But it would not be possible without the amazing models that you guys made and made available to download.
I drilled a hole through the model and installed an LED diode thereto try to emulate the lamp inside the lava lamp :) The battery for the LED is inside the base.
I am really looking forward to be able to print and paint a Miasmaw, he's one of my favorites

QxC4eva

Oh man Mollux turned out gorgeous well done!! The varnish makes it look so slimey too. <3 You're welcome to join us in CAP discord server for better communication if you want, and the team can always edit or repose the models so they're easier to print. Would love to see more of them!

Here's a test render of Justyke.
Turnaround 2x.gif
Test 2x.png

Flicks can you export your file in FBX format? OBJs don't store vertex weights.
edit - Blender file also works too.

Last edited:
Oh man Mollux turned out gorgeous well done!! The varnish makes it look so slimey too. <3 You're welcome to join us in CAP discord server for better communication if you want, and the team can always edit or repose the models so they're easier to print. Would love to see more of them!

Here's a test render of Justyke.
View attachment 335390 View attachment 335385
Flicks can you export your file in FBX format? OBJs don't store vertex weights.
edit - Blender file also works too.
Thank you! ^^
Is there a separate discord server for the 3D project or you meant the general CAP server?

OH NO, I actually don't have access to my computer until the summer, I'm so sorry but I can't do that. My computer actually broke and I can't get it fixed until summer because 0f gpus

QxC4eva

OH NO, I actually don't have access to my computer until the summer, I'm so sorry but I can't do that. My computer actually broke and I can't get it fixed until summer because 0f gpus
Ahh not a worry at all. As StephXPM says the only parts that can move are the tail and drill, neither of them can twist or bend so we can probably manage the animation without a rig. What do you think? Only if you're happy with us skipping the rig of course.

PS here's a test render of Voodoom.
Voodoom.png

I really love the shaking on Voodoom. It really gives it the vibe of Electric attacks hitting it and it dealing with them.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know people must be itching for some Chromera action so I thought I'd write up a summary post based on the current progress being made by Nyasu and QxC4Eva

1622441816467.png

Due to the chonkiness of the lion's shoulders, Nyasu had to set up the T pose with its legs branching out. Additionally the head and frame are not connected as they are treated as separate objects for the mesh. It was determined that despite looking quite big there was room for the butt and back legs to be enlarged.

1622441911573.png

From here Nyasu starting rigging more textures, increased the chonkiness on the bottom, and added the frame and head. The main source of feedback was that the heal felt a bit small in comparison to the paws (even if it was accurate based on the artwork and the reference sheet.

1622442020296.png

Following feedback, Nyasu increased the head and tuft size. Furthermore, Nyasu constructed a rudimentary pose showing the legs properly on the ground and the correct shoulder dimensions. All that was left at this stage was to add the paint drips, which are going to be treated as separate objects for animation purposes.

Ahh not a worry at all. As StephXPM says the only parts that can move are the tail and drill, neither of them can twist or bend so we can probably manage the animation without a rig. What do you think? Only if you're happy with us skipping the rig of course.

PS here's a test render of Voodoom.
View attachment 339338
I wouldn't think too much, i think skipping the rig has no effect on me, so please complete justyke waiting to see final render

QxC4eva

Test renders of Gravity's textures!

Render 04.png

And some animation WIPs. The plan is to give Chromera a bland bobbing up and down animation like Entei or Solgaleo but with a slightly more exciting tail movement.
Testing the IK splines on the rig:
Tail 01.gif

Turns out it doesn't look that great in a small render so I tried something else.

Tail 02.gif

Trancing idea suggested by Darquezze :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)