Project VGC Teambuilding Competition - Week 15 (almost here) - Building (undetermined)

https://pokepast.es/ac87c12188f20a90
Coal is always dying to special attacks. yeah sure you could run light screen pult. but pult does no damage, you know what does do damage, sand.
My team is a coalossal team that uses ttar to set up the coal. The reason ttar has a benifit over pult is because it sets up the sand which boosts coals spdef helping it live more of those pesky muddy waters and earth powers.

Lets go through the mons.
Mon 1 Coalassol, its a pretty normal coal set. coal obviously being the main damage dealer needs to be alive for awhile so thats why the rest of the mons support it very well.
Mon2 Tyranitar ttar is the one setting up the boosts for coal with scarf surf. The reason i chose ttar over pult is because 1 sand buff coal spdef and 2 it can do damage unlike the regular dragapult.
Mon 3 Urshifu multi strike. Its normal to have and urshifu multi strike on almost every coal team because if you happen to go against sun your gonna want that priority aqua jet to ensure you get the boosts before venu earth powers you.
Mon 4. coal teams useually run rillaboom as their grass type but rilla always felt underwleming with coal. so i went with a stronger approach. Av kartana. It being immune to sandstorm damage made it synergyse well with the main mode of this team. Also giga impact over aerial ace because it has the same effect but does more damage.
Mon 5 rotom heat. The classic sun counter who just so happens to fit well with coal+sand if you give it goggles. Its also a very big check to the main tr threat glastrier but if this being my only tr counte ris worrying you then wait for the 6th mon.
mon 6 clefairy. clefairy supports literally every pokemon on this team. It makes coal bulkier, allows coal to deal more damage. It also allows rotom to setup nasty plots if you need too. The best part about the clef is it is min speed after you. allowing you to after you your own mons and underspeed almost everything in tr.

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
:ss/Tyranitar: :ss/Dracovish: :ss/Rillaboom: :ss/Slurpuff: :ss/Incineroar: :ss/Zapdos:
https://pokepast.es/07944dd6ffb75c32

Tyranitar really has one huge issue that holds it back from being the beater it can be: its weaknesses. With a 4x Fighting weakness, and a weakness to Water, Grass, Ground, Steel, Fairy and even Bug, pretty much everything in the metagame can hurt this thing significantly. So the main focus of any Tyranitar team should really be about patching up these weaknesses and allowing it to shine. With that in mind, I wanted to tackle a few Pokemon in particular: Urshifu, Rillaboom, Metagross, Landorus-T, and Venusaur.

Tyranitar:
I've chosen to go for a Mixed Tyranitar here as a Physical set cannot stand up to the likes of Metagross so easily. It also means Tyranitar has a touch of leverage on Landorus-T, being able to Ice Beam it off the face of the earth. This allows it to fight back against a couple of its common checks, which makes Tyranitar feel usable at the very least. A Naive nature feels best in this situation as the sand will boost Tyranitar's Special Defense back up, while not impeding on its offensive capability. Having control of the weather is also fairly neat, as it means Kingdra and Venusaur can't just go fast and try to blow through the team.

+2 180 SpA Tyranitar Max Darkness vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dynamax Metagross: 368-434 (98.3 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+2 180 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 228 HP / 92 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-Therian: 224-268 (116 - 138.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 100 Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dynamax Moltres-Galar: 440-522 (133.3 - 158.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 100 Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Glastrier: 326-386 (78.7 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Grassy Terrain recovery -- While not a KO, substantial damage to this is extremely helpful in dealing with it.

Dracovish:
Not much to say about this thing really. It's a Dracovish. It uses Fishious Rend a lot. Sand Rush + Choice Band gives it the best possible opportunity to do heaps of damage, and when combined with either String Shot from Slurpuff or Max Airstream from Zapdos it can really shine. Psychic Fangs allows it to best stand up to Amoonguss and Venusaur, which would otherwise resist it. Rock Slide allows for flinch chances more than anything, while Crunch could have been an option I just felt like it wasn't making enough of a difference when Fishious Rend can be so brutal. Bulldoze, while weakened by my own Grassy Terrain, allows me to proc the Weakness Policy on Tyranitar

Rillaboom:
Rillaboom feels like a good glue for this team, allowing me to best overcome Pokemon such as Tapu Fini and Gastrodon. It also provides the crucial Grassy Terrain that is going to allow this team to tick. Assault Vest is the obvious option for an item on this team as Choice Band has already been taken by the Dracovish. It also, imperatively, allows me to have just that bit extra bulk which can be so crucial in locking down positions against big threats. A Brave nature with 0 Spe IVs gives me the best chance to control the terrain to my advantage. Fake Out and U-turn offer good supportive potential, with U-turn notably being an alternate means to proc the Weakness Policy on Tyranitar.

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Landorus-Therian Fly vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Rillaboom-Gmax: 159-190 (76.8 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery -- Mostly just helpful in the endgame, but if I can get Landorus-T to -2 or burn it with Zapdos, this spread also lives an Airstream.
252 SpA Life Orb Spectrier Helping Hand Max Phantasm vs. 252 HP / 148 SpD Assault Vest Rillaboom-Gmax: 173-204 (83.5 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ SpA Rotom-Heat Max Flare vs. 252 HP / 148 SpD Assault Vest Rillaboom-Gmax: 168-200 (81.1 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Slurpuff:
Slurpuff was an interesting pick that I had discussed with a few friends. I knew about this Pokemon for a while, having seen it take a top 30 on the ladder and it recently being mentioned to me by zee. I've been pushing for it to get ranked ever since. Unburden + Grassy Seed really allows this thing to be a bulky and fast Fairy-type that nicely supports the whole team. Fake Out + Yawn can be super potent, and Fake Tears allows Tyranitar and Zapdos to have even more damage output. String Shot is just decent speed control. It also checks Urshifu a great deal, something that Tyranitar would otherwise struggle with. Slurpuff's HP is 16n, allowing for the maximum amount of Grassy Terrain healing.

These haven't really been calced for, but they do show how impressive it can be.
252+ Atk Glastrier Max Steelspike vs. +1 148 HP / 0 Def Grassy Seed Slurpuff: 134-158 (76.1 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252 SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 148 HP / 108 SpD Slurpuff: 127-151 (72.1 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+1 176 SpA Nihilego Meteor Beam vs. 148 HP / 108 SpD Slurpuff: 157-186 (89.2 - 105.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO -- Okay chance to live naturally
0 SpA Slurpuff Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Urshifu: 172-208 (98.2 - 118.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Incineroar:
Just a standard Intimidate support set for Incineroar. Having a second Fake Out option is never bad. Speed hits 91, outspeeding fast Amoonguss notably. But also outspeeds the likes of -2 Cinderace, which can be helpful if they have either Max Steelspiked into the Slurpuff already or I need to Parting Shot into them. It felt like a natural way to go about handling the Sun matchup, as Flare Blitz does a significant amount to Venusaur and any time I can trade Incin for Venu I'm likely happy.

Zapdos:
I felt like I wanted to double down on basically everything I already went through. I feel confident into some of this things good checks, so I felt the fast Electric-type would help significantly. Notably, I wanted to further improve the matchup with Urshifu, Tapu Fini and Venusaur but also significantly improve the Celesteela matchup. Max Airstream can also significantly benefit Tyranitar and Dracovish, as they want to be dishing out damage first.

252 SpA Zapdos Max Lightning vs. -2 252 HP / 12 SpD Dynamax Celesteela: 422-500 (103.4 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Zapdos Max Airstream vs. -2 0 HP / 4 SpD Dynamax Venusaur: 464-548 (149.6 - 176.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Zapdos Max Lightning vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 174-206 (98.3 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO -- Slurpuff allows me to undo any Calm Minds, essentially

:Nihilego: :Urshifu: :Thundurus: :Tyranitar: :Excadrill: :Dracovish:

https://pokepast.es/08e2b93c124b8b9e
The team is a classic NUT core from series 7, but that's just to throw them off. The REAL stars of the show are the three mons in the back of the line, with TTar shining brightest of them all, by enabling them. TTar sets up sand for excadrill, in classic series 5 fashion, and plays mindgames with the opponent by making them think Dracovish is also sand rush. Little do they know, it's water absorb to switch in to max geysers so they can't overrite sand. TTar is focus sash to help deal with rillaboom better, and runs assurance for double ups with max knuckle, or any mon on the team for that matter, since it's slower than all of them. Competitive players might ask how to beat Glastrier, which is a solid question. The strat is to ko their tr mon with Urshifu's Wicked blow, or an assurance double up, and OKHO the glastrier with either Urshifu's banded close combat or with Power Herb Nihilego.

Quite the fun team if I do say so myself. :)

Last edited:

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
:ss/Tyranitar: :ss/Latias: :ss/Dracovish: :ss/Kartana: :ss/Rotom-Heat: :ss/Mimikyu:

https://pokepast.es/fbad86918edb656c

TLDR; a good team report
(the acronym is literally TLDR)

Tyranitar is one of my favorite Pokemon historically so I had to force myself to build early so I didn't miss cut off like the prior two weeks. ;_; Tyranitar is a great offensively versatile Pokemon and is capable of being extremely deceiving in max. Most opponents will not be able to tell whether it is physical or special, and I think withholding that information is yet another chip you can use to have an advantage over your opponents. This team has pulled me up through ladder to 1500's, and as the week goes on I'll update the final ladder record if it improves further. Team do be kinda good. Details below:

Tyranitar

Similar to Raineko, I believe mixed Tyranitar is an amazing option, and takes advantage of Weakness Policy boosting both offensive stats. I chose Dark Pulse as my main offensive for it's Tyranitar's strongest special STAB and has flinch potential. Some relevant calcs below:

+2 116+ SpA Tyranitar Max Darkness vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dynamax Metagross: 378-446 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 116+ SpA Tyranitar Max Quake vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Incineroar: 200-236 (99 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+2 116+ SpA Tyranitar Max Quake vs. 52 HP / 4 SpD Dynamax Coalossal in Sand: 340-400 (88.5 - 104.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+2 0- Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 156 HP / 36 Def Dynamax Venusaur-Gmax: 187-222 (53.4 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

+2 0- Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Thundurus: 450-530 (145.1 - 170.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rock Slide even with a negative nature does enough to get relevant KO's behind the WP boost. I didn't want to dig into Tyranitar's defenses to get that extra damage output. You can always do more damage if you're living longer and I found that as more valuable. Earth Power was a great option for all the Fire-type pokemon in format, especially Incineroar who will attempt to intimidate spam you. Tyranitar also has a 6n-1 HP number to minimize damage from Vine Lash and other residual max moves. it reaches 103 speed which outspeeds all max speed base 130 in tailwind, as well as speed tying max speed neutral base 90 pokemon.

Latias

Latias is one of my favorite legends from Gen 3 and felt like such a natural addition to the team thanks to it's anti-sun properties. My build has Icy wind to check Landorus-T and other speed boosting pokemon, and Psychic to check RS Urshifu, and other potential Fighting-type attackers not named Urshifu-SS. Tailwind offers great support to the entire team, who's speed stats are very middling, intentionally. Latias also offers redirection in the ever wonderful Ally Switch. Ally Switch on this team is very nice because Latias resists the major weaknesses of my offensive pokemon, and allows me to threaten my opponent with a potential Ally Switch without ever having to use it to be successful with it.

Latias does not have any particular calcs worth mentioning, however it does have yet another 6n-1 HP number at 185 HP.

Dracovish

Mr. Fish is a staple to me on a sand-focused team. Fishous Rend that outspeeds max speed Regieleki is very enjoyable and hits most things hard that don't resist it. Crunch gives me the option to hit things like Spectrier (and the Latias mirror ;o) hard. Bulldoze gives me a self weakness policy proc option and also an additional form of speed control. 12 HP EV's gets Mr fish to a really strong HP number which is both 6n-1 and 8n-1, reducing damage from residual max moves as well as Leech Speed, Fire Spin, and Burn.

Kartana

Assault Vest Kartana always feels strong in a physically dominating format. It's massive defenses and physical offenses put it in a really unique spot in the format. Kartana can plough through unprepared teams, or teams lacking a way to hit it super effectively. It partners nicely with Dracovish and Tyranitar who have no problem removing Kartana's weaknesses. I like Aerial Ace as a 4th move on Kartana to give me more speed control options. Speed control is king in a format like this. 212 Speed on Kartana allows it to outspeed Nihilego who could otherwise threaten the entire team offensively.

Rotom-Heat

The infamous Ally switch king who doesn't have Ally Switch. A very typical choice for my type of building. This rotom is extremely defensive and is designed to survive a Max Rockfall from standard Landorus-T, 2 Wicked Blows from non Choice Band Urshifu-S, as well as surviving 2 Muddy Water from Tapu Fini. As always 236 HP gets me to 155, a 6n-1 HP number. 148 Spe gets me to 125 speed, which outspeeds a -1 Regieleki when at +1 as Rotom, or just generally outspeeds max speed base 60 Pokemon.

Mimikyu

Another favorite of mine, Mimikyu was perfect for tying the team together with a final Trick Room component. If you cant outspeed em, underspeed em. Swords Dance gives me yet another option for taking advantage of passive play. The EV's are designed to minimize the HP damage taken from disguise, and then survive a Wicked Blow from Urshifu-SS. It also outspeeds Thundurus at -1 and all other max speed base 111 Pokemon who hit 179 speed.
That's the team! It's been a ton of fun to play and I can see myself playing it for several weeks because it is extremely strong in todays competitive format. <3

Last edited:
:ss/tyranitar: :ss/mienshao: :ss/rotom-wash: :ss/togekiss: :ss/spectrier: :ss/garchomp:
https://pokepast.es/c0bec52ac2591b2d

Tyranitar isn't a mon I typically use often in gen 8 due to its 4x weakness to fighting and the fact urshifu is on virtually every team. Though in past gens I really loved it as a scarfer or even a set up sweeper with dragon dance. I think this teams really neat and fun to use, I hope you guys enjoy!

So to start us off we've got the star of the show himself in tyranitar, Tyranitar has great dual stab in rock and dark being able to check a lot of the current meta. I got the idea of mixed ttar from Raineko since tyranitar is very weak to intimidate making its physical attacks not do nearly as much as I would hope. The spreads one I stole from Raineko being able to outspeed base 100s at plus one speed or your opponent being minus 1 speed. The tyranitar having ice beam allows it to better handle mons like garchomp and landorus who otherwise give tyranitar a tough time.

As you can probably tell by now Mienshao is one of my favorite pokemon to use, its an amazing support mon who can dish out huge chunks of damage. Having access to moves like fake out taunt and coaching really help benefit the team as mienshao can help power up our physical attackers in ttar and garchomp to have them do even more damage. Taunt allows for us to stop potentail trick rooms and or wil o wisps that may be directed towards the more offensive mons on the team. As I normally tend to do I can ramble on about how much mienshao does for the team but you guys get the point.

Next up is Rotom-Wash, I personally love rotom wash as its probably the 2nd best water type we have as of right now besides Tapu Fini. The combination of electric and water stab is very strong along with the ability levitate meaning rotom only has one weakness in grass. Rotom beats landorus and helps out a lot vs tapu fini, glastrier,and others.

Next up is probably one of the best partners tyranitar could hope for in togekiss. Togekiss is able to redirect attacks like close combat from urshifu away from tyranitar while taking barely any damage. Togekiss beats the biggest threat tyranitar faces in gen8 being urshifu, with the ability to one shot it with dazzling gleam. Togekiss is a mon I'm really starting to like thanks to its plethora of great support moves like yawn, follow me and helping hand.

Spectrier is a mon I use quite often as it hits extremely hard and helps benefit others on the team by picking up defense and speed drops with Max Phantasm and Max Strike. Most will probably see Spectrier and think its the standard bulldoze set to help proc tyranitars WP, I don't like that as I feel like its been seen way too many times before. Though if u really need to u can proc ttars WP with mudslap, but be careful of missing.

And last but not least we have Garchomp, I've really enjoyed using chomp so far as its an amazing answer to coalossal and a perfect coaching candidate for mienshao. Its base 102 speed allows it to outspeed mons like urshifu, regigigas, and zapdos. I was contemplating a 4th move on this garchomp and noticed I didn't have a sure fire wp proc for tyranitar so I added surf so 1. I dont do too much damage to tyranitar when procing. And 2. So I don't have to run bulldoze and drop tyranitars speed

Hope everyone liked the team! I rlly enjoy playing it and I hope some of you give it a shot

Berries? Nah! Smh
:sitrus berry: :aguav berry: :coba berry: :shuca berry: :lum berry: :wacan berry: :wiki berry: :charti berry:

:ss/tyranitar: :ss/Galvantula: :ss/corviknight: :ss/aerodactyl: :ss/persian: :ss/haxorus:
https://pokepast.es/d8d57c55b3e84c06: QOTD: Berries? Y/N

Alright guys so when i was creating this team I thought to myself we all know tyranitar brings sand right? well what else does it do. So i looked around at its move pool didn't find anything too cool or funny. So i then looked at its abilities and saw it had unnerve. well i have been recently been using snorlax a lot and the one thing that stops snorlax dead in its tracks is unnerve and i know how annoying not being able to use berries is. So I took the challenge and decided to make a team with only unnerve ability Pokemon.

:ss/tyranitar:

Ladies and gentlemen! I am proud to announce the one, the only, Tyranitar! most people use bulldoze tyranitar under trick room but i decided to run a different approach to this pokemon. I decided to go fast tyranitar something that would catch my opponents off guard. At +1 tyranitar hits 184 which out speeds modest spectrier and out speeds urshifu one of ttars biggest threats as its the most common fighting type in the format right now. Ttar has a lot of offensive power with its base 130 attack stat and steady base 100 health stat. allowing it to take hits and allow for weakness policy to proc and this extra damage that tyranitar gets from this boost can really help in certain situations.

:ss/galvantula:

Is it Pikachu? Is it vikavolt? Why No! Its Galvantula. This Pokemon hasn't seen much usage since it came out in generation 5 as rock types are usually very prevalent in the meta game and with galvantula's 2x weakness to these rock moves it makes it a great partner for ttar as ttar resists Rock types being a rock type itself. It also gets access to screech which allows ttar to hit things offensively if its weakness policy isnt proc'ed. with electroweb it helps support fast ttar by giving it that +1 boost. It also gives a nice electric typing to help out against celesteela which ttar doesnt have a very favorable matchup against since he doesnt have that sand boost.

:ss/corviknight:

Ah we are all familiar with this pokemon the flying taxi pokemon of Galar! a very strong steel type that is often outclassed by celesteela due to celesteela having better bulk and more offensive stats. however Corviknight is awesome because it has access to bulk up which is amazingly strong as it boosts its offensive capabilities as well its defense and with body press it allows corviknight to use both brave bird and iron head as well as body press effectively. In max with steel coverage this boosts the body press outside of max and since body press is fighting it boosts corviknights attack stat for it to use iron head and brave bird. Overall making this pokemon a great secondary max candidate.

:ss/aerodactyl:

An interesting pokemon to say the least with its rock and flying type. It hits a lot in the format right now with rock slide and dual wingbeat and with tailwind and another way to proc ttars weakness policy its an amazing support as well as it gives a third rock slide mon so i can do all the rock slide flinching i want. hehe very fun to use and definitely does its job and mental herb is just there to make sure that it gets tailwind up so that it can help the sweepers in the back.

:ss/persian:

Hey isnt that the pokemon that Giovanni uses?! why yes it is! Persian is quite the interesting pick as it gets great access to a bunch of different coverage moves including fake out, play rough which is great coverage to help ttar not get hit by fighting moves. It has uturn for self proc weakness policy activation and to hit psychic types. Giga impact is a great normal type coverage stab that can do big ammounts of damage at +1 or +2 with corviknight and tyranitar's max knuckle boosts. with av it allows persian to take more hits from things and since persian doesnt really outspeed anything at max speed i decided to put more investment in hp and still have enough speed investment so that i can still out speed urshifu.

:ss/haxorus:

Haxorus used Rock slide! The opposing torkoal flinched! I swear this pokemon always gets the Hax when it plays. Haxorus is there because it is a great dragon type that i think is honestly underated since dragapult has been shining so much. It does a lot of damage with the really high base 146 atk stat which is insane and has a great speed stat but it just gets outsped by some things that having scarf on it helps so much. you could also run ddance on haxorus but since i have no redirection it wasnt a great choice for me and i wanted the immediate power.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/4fb968c973b259af - The team
Tyranitar generally isn't the most common pick, but it has good natural bulk and coverage, completed with good offensive stats. If built around, it can be a strong team member and can enable pokemon such as dracovish, dracozolt, and excadrill.

:tyranitar: The team obviously started with tyranitar. I chose rock slide for rock STAB, with assurance for dark stab to pair with a faster mon like Dracozolt for bolt beak/max move into assurance for a KO on most pokemon. I chose the last move as ice beam to hit mons like garchomp and landorus-therian.
:dracozolt: Dracozolt was chosen as a sand abuser, with sand rush to boost its decent speed and take advantage of that with 170 BP STAB bolt beaks. I gave it a life orb to boost its power, dragon claw for dragon STAB and pluck for max airstream. I chose Dracozolt over the more popular Dracovish to cover tyranitars water weakness.
:blastoise-gmax: Blastoise is here to cover the ground types that threaten tyranitar and dracozolt. With 180 BP g-max cannonade(with the wave incense power boost), it can threaten lots of mons with neutral damage with the residual effect of this move chunking opponents. I gave it fake out for support, and ice beam to hit grass types and pokemon like garchomp and togekiss. I have hydro cannon over water spout so I don't have to rely on ice beam if I am not at high health. It also beats incineroar, who with intimidate can cripple tyranitar and dracozolt.
:rotom-heat: Rotom checks the gras types that theaten the 3 previous pokemon, and beats sun. The moves are generic, and I chose a sitrus berry over safety goggles as I have togekiss to redirect sleep powder and 2 pokemon with fake out.
:hitmontop: I chose hitmontop over the more common incineroar so I don't stack ground weaknesses, and for wide guard. Wide guard protects dracozolt and tyranitar from earthquake, and rotom-heat and togkiss from rock slide. I gave it an eject button so I could pivot for fake out pressure and intimidate later in the match. It can also do decent damage with STAB close combat and let its teammates hit through protect with feint.
:togekiss: Togekiss can redirect the grass type moves, ground type moves, and fighting type moves that threaten the rest of the team. I originally chose a more supportive togekiss, with yawn over dazzling gleam, holding a wacan berry with serene grace. I changed it because this team has a hard time hitting dark type pokemon, which togekiss can hit with dazzling gleam. Air slash also hits grass type pokemon.

I was a little disappointed when I realized tqew made a similar team to mine, but oh well. Let's submit it anyways

https://pokepast.es/e65b50d5c2f744b8

This was actually one of the harder mons to work around. I personally am not a fan of Sand as I do think the mons that are able to abuse sand are rather sub-par. This is why although I left Sand Stream up (primarily to deal with Focus Sash mons and the Special Defense boost), I opted to not put a Sand-Abuser and rather focused more on setting up Tyranitar to succeed. However, when trying to do so, you find yourself dealing with a few problems, such as Urshifu, Rillaboom, or Glastrier, to name a few. So, in building this team, I selected mons that are able to deal with these 3.

In the beginning, I originally put Grimmsnarl on the team to set up Screens, but it was later cut for a better option.

Ultimately, the teambuilding process flowed to these points:
  1. Trick Room Tyranitar as the main sweeper of the team >>>> opted to use Dusclops to set up TR and proc the Weakness Policy
  2. Togekiss to help out in the Urshifu and Spectrier matchups
  3. Rotom-Heat to help out in the Glastrier and Metagross matchups
  4. Rillaboom for Terrain Control, priority Grassy Glide, Fake Out to help out in TR setup and U-turn as a rare WP proc option
  5. Blastoise as the secondary max option / late game sweeper.

So now that the Teambuilding Process is down, let's talk about the mons

Tyranitar:
The main sweeper and Dynamaxer of the team. With a +2 boost, it is able to kill many different things with it's dual stab and Max Knuckle. It uses a very simple spread for maximum power, which increases heavily with a Weakness Policy boost.

Dusclops:
The Trick Room setter of the team, and the primary proc-mode of Tyranitar's Weakness Policy. After getting Trick Room up and proccing the WP, its job is essentially over, and is able to spam Night Shades or Pain Splits to be more of an annoyance on the field.

Rotom-Heat:
The team's primary matchup for Glastrier, Steel Type, and Grass Type Pokemon (think Rillaboom). It is a very self-explanatory mon, just set up Nasty Plots and wreck house with it's moves.

Rillaboom:
Here is another interesting mon. So, this is a rather common set in VGC, but it's value for the team is incredibly high. Not only does it help with the pesky Water Types that can hit your Tyranitar, it also functions as a secondary WP proc mon, as it is able to use U-Turn on your Tyranitar to proc the Weakness Policy. (This however, is not done often).

Blastoise:
Another max candidate or late game TR sweeper. DoT moves in VGC are broken, and although Blastoise is the weakest of the three Kanto starter evolutions, it definitely has its worth here as an amazing way to counter Pesky Ground Types after your Tyranitar, or using Hailstorm to take out the exceedingly common Garchomps and Landoruses in the metagame. It also finds use in a Trick Room endgame, as it is able to spam Water Spouts against faster mons.

Togekiss:
The newest addition to the team, it is a mixup of being able to Follow Me, and yet is able to max at the same time. With this, Togekiss heavily helps the team in the Urshifu matchup (particularly Rapid Strike), which is normally very problematic for this team. It has also found incredible use in the Spectrier matchup, where it is also your primary max option, and is ultimately able to help you reach a good end-game where you are able to freely set up Trick Room and clean house with the rest of your team.

Last edited:
Tyranitar isn't actually the best in the format as it is weak to almost all the popular picks but should not be underestimated. While it is extremely weak to fighting grass ground and steel However. These can be easily Covered. And with how good its Natural bulk and offensive power is It is very strong on the right team.
:ss/Tyranitar: :ss/Incineroar: :ss/Regieleki: :ss/Dracovish: :ss/Celesteela: :ss/Grimmsnarl:

:Tyranitar: :Weakness Policy:
So here we go. the main Pokémon of the team. Tyranitar. I copied the spread Raineko used and changed it a little bit. I used it due to Intimidate hindering Tyranitar a lot I thought mixed was the best way to go. Ice Beam Allows for Garchomp And Landorus to get obliterated by Tyranitar Instead of having a rough time.

:Dracovish: :Mystic Water:
Dracovish was the Sand Rush abuser I preferred on this team there's not much I need to say about this thing. Dracovish+Tyranitar Is the bread and butter of this team. I went mystic water to boost my Fishious Rends. Bulldoze Allows My Tyranitar to outspeed base 100's at - 1 I did not use Psychic or crunch and opted for substitute To Stall out PoliDra.

:Celesteela: :Assault Vest:
Celesteela: Celesteela's goal is to get Beast Boosts from mons taken to low HP from Tyranitar and Dracovish. with how slow Celesteela is I can reset weather to my own advantage. allowing me to preserve Dracovish. Assault Vest is for bulk Vs fire Moves and to take a hit from Regieleki. And It gives me a Ground Immunity.

:Regieleki: :Magnet:
Regieleki allows for the team to have more speed control and take out Flying types I Use Hyper Beam so Im Able to Damage Landorus. Regieleki also allows me to Get rid of Tapu Fini's I also Electrowebb next to tyranitar to Ko it early on.

:incineroar::Safety Goggles:
the team needed a good status answer so I chose goggles incineroar
Is Probably the best intimidator and Pokémon of the format So it seemed like the best Sun check I could go for. there's not much else i need to explain because y, know its Incineroar I went for taunt to stop trick room,

:Grimmsnarl: :Lagging Tail:
I Wanted to Make My team Bulkier and have a solid mon to help me answer Urshifu Rapid Strike and Urshifu Single Strike. Lagging tail allows for me to turn matches in my favor. and helps Regieleki and Celesteela do massive damage with fake tears. And Spirit Break is nice chip.

Last edited:
The inevitable time where i would make a team has been delayed, I've thought through this one, I have calcs, and this time I'm not gonna try to be a joke, i had a lot of friends help me make this team so i hope you like it, anyways Introducing... coaching pherosma + ttar!
PASTE: https://pokepast.es/c3dab6f25cfad61d

:ss/pheromosa:
Pherosma was my starting point, coaching is the main center of it, it's built to help support ttar so that intimidate doesn't really do anything to it, close combat is an amazing move for hitting urshifu's and steels that threaten ttar, its also just strong, speed swap i really cant explain right now but i can explain it in the ttar section, triple axel hits all of the ground that ttar hates like lando-t.
-1 252 Atk Pheromosa Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 408-480 (127.8 - 150.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pheromosa Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Urshifu: 408-482 (119.6 - 141.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pheromosa Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 163-193 (54.1 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

now i might've borrowed a certain ttar idea from a certain moderator that starts with y and ends in i ( he gave me his consent) but i have adjusted it to this teams liking, first of all av is amazing and allows for lots of longevity in matches, now what about mixed ttar in general, well i just think that it works better in the meta as of right now, with more coverage, dark pulse hits pult and spectrier, flamethrower hits venu, metagross, rilla, and glastrier, ice beam hits ground types like lando, and more grass types, and rock slide just hits fire types and is a powerful stab, also about the speed swap yea its simple, ttar go fast, it helps stop the bad speed syndrome.
180+ SpA Tyranitar Max Darkness vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 386-456 (128.2 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180+ SpA Tyranitar Max Darkness vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Spectrier: 426-504 (124.9 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180+ SpA Tyranitar Max Darkness vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 446-528 (140.6 - 166.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
100 Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Glastrier: 312-368 (77.2 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ SpA Tyranitar Max Hailstorm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur-Gmax: 236-278 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ SpA Tyranitar Max Hailstorm vs. 228 HP / 92 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-Therian: 340-404 (90.4 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
(the list goes on)

:ss/grimmsnarl:
now i had my core, i needed my coverage, grimmsnarl helps with that with spirit break but also sets screens for our already boosted ttar making it almost unkillable, i would go into on the spread but i think grimmsnarl uses the same moves so much you get the point, so i wanna talk about the spread, this spread is simple live everything after you set a screen up (or before) calcs are shown below.
252 Atk Kartana Max Steelspike vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Grimmsnarl through Reflect: 273-322 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Hatterene-Gmax G-Max Smite vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Grimmsnarl through Light Screen: 262-310 (66.4 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Hatterene-Gmax Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Grimmsnarl: 324-384 (82.2 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Venusaur-Gmax Max Ooze vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Grimmsnarl: 270-318 (68.5 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:ss/sylveon:
now i really need a check to fighting types, thats why sylveons here, and also mystical fire helps lower sp atk for ttar to "abuse" with av, yawn is an amazing move that helps stop any other mons that try to threaten ttar, and can stop dynamaxed mons that can threaten the entire team, babiri berry helps it survive (most) steel types like kartana and is a really big help on this team

:ss/venusaur: :ss/torkoal:
now I needed more offense and still needed more ways to cover ttar's weaknesses, so looking at my options i saw sun was my best option torkoal is yet another support mon that also helps check glastriers in tr (and abuses speed swap juuust a little) and can shutdown any physical dynamax attackers, venusaur checks steels for ttar, checks fairies with sludge bomb, hits waters with leaf storm, and sleeps stuff with sleep powder, and that concludes the team report.

Shout out to Edu for helping me with this a bit
Tyrant and Friends

Tyranitar
Let's start by going over the moves.
Rock Slide - Rock Slide is easily Tyranitar's best rock move in the format. It's powerful in and out of Dynamax and unlike Stone Edge is overall more reliable, has flinch chance, and hits both opposing Pokemon.

Crunch - I opted for Crunch over Lash Out. While not overly relevant I like the tiny extra power when you aren't Dynamaxed. More often you'll still click Rock Slide but Tyranitar really likes having a way to hit Metagross lest you get walled.

Protect - This is a no brainer. Protect will let you survive Max Moves or even use Max Guard yourself. It also helps keep Tyranitar alive longer as well as scout out what the opponent wants to do.

Superpower - Lastly, I went with Superpower. I wanted Max Knuckle on this set to further make Tyranitar a scary option in and out of Dynamax. It also pairs nicely with the Landorus-T since I can U-Turn off off my own Tyranitar then give Kartana an attack boost on switch in.

Now we go over the EV spread.
124 in HP means we hit a total of 191 HP, which is both 8n-1 and 6n-1.
I went full on Attack with Adamant to capitalize on Tyranitar's 134 base attack.
12 in Defense you will find were the leftovers.
12 in Special Defense means you get 122 in the stat. With the sand boost of x1.5 you have 183 Special Defense.
Here is where some people might get a little confused but it makes sense. 108 in Speed means you reach 95 Speed. As of making the spread the fastest Incineroar spread on Pikalytics hits 94 Speed. This means you should be faster than most so they can't parting shot off you. You could have gone max speed in theory but you miss out on a lot of useful bulk which Tyranitar makes good use of on this team given how it carries the weakness policy

-1 252+ Atk Miracle Seed Rillaboom-Gmax G-Max Drum Solo vs. 124 HP / 12 Def Dynamax Tyranitar in Grassy Terrain: 276-326 (72.2 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
-1 252 Atk Urshifu Close Combat vs. 124 HP / 12 Def Dynamax Tyranitar: 252-300 (65.9 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Glastrier: 398-470 (192.2 - 227%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Landorus-T
Next up is Landorus-T
The moves are straightforward.
Earthquake - This is the best STAB Ground move it gets.
Fly - While not the best for Flying moves this is the best we get so we have to make do.
Rock Slide - Rock Slide is always a good choice. Double target, flinch, decent damage. All good.
U-turn - The last move I went with is U-turn. At the suggestion of Edu we can use it to not only cycle Intimidate but also activate our own Tyranitar's Weakness Policy.

I won't spend too much time on the EV spread. I went simple with max Attack and max Speed with a Choice Scarf. With the Choice Scarf you will outspeed Dragapult and Pheromosa. There will be some occasions where you Dynamax Landorus-T which is why the last 4 EVs went into HP (plus it gives a bit of extra bulk overall so why not)

Kartana
Third is our boy, Kartana
Since we have an Assault Vest, our set runs 4 attacks.
Leaf Blade - Leaf Blade is easily the best choice for Grass STAB. Reliable accuracy (sorry Razor Leaf), high critical hit rate, and it doesn't need sun to function (looking at you, Solar Blade)
Smart Strike - With the absence of Iron Head for Steel STAB we have to default to Smart Strike. The one pro here is that it doesn't check accuracy so it can hit those annoying Minimize Chanseys.
Sacred Sword - Sacred Sword is very good coverage on Kartana. You can hit Steel types more consistently such as opposing Kartana. Ideally you don't end up in a 1v1 against Kartana but it happens. As a Max move you get to boost your Attack on top of your Beast Boost boosts.
Aerial Ace - What's scarier than a super fast piece of origami? A super fast piece of origami that can gain Speed boosts with Max Airstream while smiting Rillaboom.

The EV spread isn't super fancy in all honesty.
Working backwards we will start at Speed. 252 with a Jolly nature means you will out speed several things, most notably Urshifus and base 100's. You also will be faster than Garchomp which is rising in popularity right now.
The Special Defense investment gives you the highest even number stat you can get to make use of the Assault Vest without wasting EVs.
With the remaining 12 EVs I put 4 in each of HP, Attack, and Defense. Putting them all in 1 single stat doesn't really help Kartana so I went for more bulk and Attack.

4 Atk Kartana Max Overgrowth vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Dynamax Tapu Fini in Grassy Terrain: 270-318 (76.2 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
4 Atk Incineroar Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 4 Def Dynamax Kartana: 244-292 (90.3 - 108.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
4 Atk Kartana Max Steelspike vs. 244 HP / 116 Def Grimmsnarl through Reflect: 181-216 (90 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Rotom-Heat
Number 4 is Rotom-Heat
The moves here are mostly to be expected but I'll cover them anyway.
Thunderbolt - I went for Thunderbolt instead of Rising Voltage here. While Rising Voltage is a stronger max move I find I only max Rotom-Heat against sun teams so I went for a little extra power outside of max. Rising Voltage is still a legitimate option if you feel inclined
Overheat - Given how Rotom-Heat is our way of stopping sun it makes sense to use a powerful STAB Fire move that gets boosted by the sun that either you set up of your opponent sets up for you.
Protect - Same as Tyranitar, you can scout the opponent, use it for Max Guard, or just try to keep Rotom-Heat alive longer. This is particularly useful given your item of Safety Goggles making you immune to chip from Hail and Sand
Will-O-Wisp - I opted for Will-O-Wisp here over Nasty Plot. The team can have a rough time against Metagross, certain Landorus-T sets, and occasionally Glastrier. I decided that being able to cast a burn on them would be beneficial.

The EV spread is one that I'm sure some of you have seen already but I will cover it again for anyone who needs it.
Starting with the Speed stat, we reach 124 Speed. Adamant Metagross with 252 EVs in Speed will hit 123. Not only does this mean we should get the burn on it assuming we land the hit and Metagross isn't under Tailwind or slower than us in Trick Room but it also means if there are no speed modifiers in play and Metagross is fast it has to be Jolly. This little niche in Speed is a great way to help scout out Metagross builds a tiny bit.
Modest 252 Special Attack is simply to maximize Rotom-Heat's offensive pressure. This is crucial as we are not running Nasty Plot so we need to make up for the lack of boosts as much as we can here.
108 HP/4 Defense/4 Special Defense is to try and stretch out the bulk as much as possible.

252+ SpA Rotom-Heat Max Lightning vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dynamax Charizard-Gmax: 240-284 (77.9 - 92.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Rotom-Heat Max Flare vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dynamax Venusaur-Gmax in Sun: 342-404 (109.6 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Rotom-Heat Max Lightning vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Torkoal: 139-165 (78.5 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Rotom-Heat Max Flare vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Dynamax Glastrier in Sun: 212-252 (51.2 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Tapu Fini
Tapu Fini is here
Calm Mind Fini is good here, I swear
Moonblast - This is Tapu Fini's Fairy STAB of choice. Good power, 100% accuracy, and a chance to lower the target's Special Attack by 1 stage.
Muddy Water - Muddy Water is a fantastic Water STAB move. Spread coverage, nice power, and 30% chance to lower either target's Accuracy by 1 stage.
Protect - I know I've covered about longevity already but here it is extra noteworthy. We run Leftovers so the extra healing can be a game changer
Calm Mind - Tapu Fini is a great Calm Mind user. After so much as a single boost your damage output makes leaps and bounds. The added Special Defense you get means that late game you can boost up against special attackers

EV spread here is fairly balanced for defensive purposes
244 HP EVs hits a total HP stat of 176, which is 16n where n is equal to how much Leftovers recovery you get and in this case, it is 11.
The Defense EVs will let you survive Rillaboom Grassy Glide and the Special Defense is for Regieleki.

252+ Atk Miracle Seed Rillaboom-Gmax Grassy Glide vs. 244 HP / 116+ Def Tapu Fini in Grassy Terrain: 146-174 (82.9 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ SpA Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 148 SpD Tapu Fini: 152-180 (86.3 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 148 SpD Tapu Fini: 168-198 (95.4 - 112.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Cresselia
Yes, I typed that right.
Moonblast - I decided to run Moonblast for mostly 2 reasons a) Incineroar, Urshifu-S, and Grimmsnarl are all common picks on teams so running STAB on Cresselia is more of a liability b) I can Moonblast my own Tyranitar to activate the Weakness Policy.
Trick Room - Edu recommended a Trick Room setter that wasn't weak to Thundurus-I/Urshifu-S leads. Despite the Dark weakness Cresselia actually bits the bill
Ally Switch - I know people hate this move but I assure you my reasoning here is good. I wanted redirection but I couldn't really make it fit. Ally Switch was the next best choice here. It's good for mind games and it helps Tapu Fini set up Calm Mind boosts
Helping Hand - Boosting an ally's damage output is absolutely a great thing. I want to make Cresselia's utility the best I can here.

252 SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Max Lightning vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Cresselia: 127-151 (55.9 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Max Airstream vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Cresselia: 87-105 (38.3 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Colbur Berry Cresselia on a critical hit: 69-82 (30.3 - 36.1%) -- 46.9% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:
What's good everyone! Here is my team for this week. A little late but still here.

SAND RUSH = NOT NEEDED

:tyranitar: :regieleki: :thundurus: :landorus-therian: :amoonguss: :primarina:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/4275c834d1a4f1be

(yes my team is named after IGOR, really good album I 100% recommend)

I wanted more immediate and fast pressure from my team, so therefore I went with fast Focus Sash Tyranitar. Rock Slide is just a solid STAB move and Assurance is a niche but excellent pick. Assurance becomes a nuke when one of my faster offensive threats attacks, most notably Regielekis Electroweb because it makes TTar be able to go before the attacked Pokemon most of the time, potentially catching the opposition off guard. I went with Taunt next because my Trick Room matchup is shaky, but being able to taunt Amoonguss and redirectors is nice. I then ran Breaking Swipe as my last move. I was trying to find a solid move to use here and I originally had Thunder Wave, but it wasn't putting in the work I hoped it would. A good friend in Oddball_Otter recommended Breaking Swipe. What Breaking Swipe accomplishes is simple, ruin Physical attackers not named G-Zapdos or Thundurus. It has been really useful for me so far and has won me games because the opponents will attack Tyranitar, only to activate Focus Sash, and get their physical attacker crippled.

IGOR (Tyranitar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Assurance
- Taunt
- Breaking Swipe

Blah blah standard Regieleki set. I added it because I wanted more automatic speed control, and Electroweb is good with Assurance TTar, that's really it.

EARFQUAKE (Regieleki) @ Magnet
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Electroweb
- Protect

I went with Thundurus for a couple of reasons, as it actually accomplishes a couple of very important things on my team. It provides a Sun counter, Ground immunity, and Intimidate counter. My EV spread is able to outspeed max speed Garchomp, I then just dumped the rest in Attack and optimized the HP for Burns. The moves are pretty standard.

WHATS GOOD (Thundurus) (M) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Fly
- Superpower
- Protect

Landorus is here for Intimidate, another Ground immunity, and an Electric immunity useful for Regieleki. My EVs manipulate Download to boost Attack rather than Special Attack, while 68 Speed allows Landorus to outspeed Kartana after an Electroweb from Regieleki. Lum Berry helps me block Burns and Sleep, and my moves are pretty standard.

THANK YOU (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 92 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Amoonguss provides crucial redirection, allowing my attackers to attack with no repercussions. My spread allows Amoonguss to survive a Max Airstream from Landorus-T, even when it is at plus one Attack. The rest is standard, with Sludge Bomb being able to hit Fairy types harder which I have found useful.

PUPPET (Amoonguss) @ Coba Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

And finally, we have Primarina. I added this because I wanted a Water-type, as well as a special attacking Dynamax option. I also needed a way to deal with Garchomp, and Primarina is excellent at killing Garchomp. I went with Hydro Cannon for maximum power in Dynamax, while I went with Hyper Voice for a strong and reliable move out of Dynamax. I then went with Moonblast as an excellent Fairy-type STAB move. Life Orb greatly increases my damage output, and that's about it.

WE STILL FRIENDS? (Primarina) @ Life Orb
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 28 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Protect

This team has been a lot of fun to use and to build. I hope you guys enjoy it and vote for it.

Last edited:
That will wrap up this week! I had a lot of fun building, but let's get to the teams. Oh and one more thing.

THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF VOTES YOU CAN PUT IN THIS WEEK IS 8, WHILE THE MINIMUM IS 4

Team A by CrystalNinetales

:dracozolt: :tyranitar: :thundurus: :tapu-fini: :metagross: :gothitelle:

Sorry boys, the tournament has gotten me into a serious mood, so no meme mons this week.

I'm a big fan of Tyranitar Dracozolt. While it has some rough spots dealing with Incin and Landorus (two of the most common mons in the format), the combination is still remarkably fantastic. Thanks to decent base stats, as well as good and wide spread movepools, neither are forced to max to be effective either. I knew from the start I wanted to work around that, so I built the team around that pairing: but not excessively so. As usual, it was still important to have multiple different modes and options to work with.

:ss/dracozolt:
Relatively standard Sandzolt. Jolly over Adamant to outspeed Regieleki, and Pluck over Aerial Ace since i'm not Hustle. In case you were unaware, Pluck is the same BP as Aerial Ace, and unlike Aerial Ace, has useful utility in the form of berry stealing and consumption. While no dragon move can be awkward at times (for example, in the beat up matchup), Protect is just too valuable to pass up, and there are other things on the team to beat Dragons regardless.

While I enjoy tyranitar, it just feels so...awkward this series. Almost everything has some form of coverage for it, and while you want weakness policy on it to capitalize off that, the significant amount of fighting coverage makes it hard to actually pull off. In addition, intimidate is everywhere. So, rather than that, I shifted my focus to a different kind of Tyranitar: Choice Banded. This set allows it to hit extremely hard without maxing, and also functionally ignore 1 cycle of intimidate. The speed evs allow not only for it to outspeed Charizard at +1 (off a Zolt Airstream or a Thundurus airstream), but to also get assurance off after almost everyone on the team for optimal damage increase. Attack evs 2HKO frail maxed venu with ice punch, with remaining evs thrown into general bulk.

:ss/thundurus:
Here I wanted something to discourage Incineroar and Landorus from showing up, that also could hit venusaur, urshifu, and tapu fini more guaranteed. In addition, it also outspeeds terrakion. Max speed with slight bulk to help better take advantage of that av, and brutal swing for weakness policy procing on my metagross.

:ss/tapu-fini:
Fini is just too good to pass up on sand. It helps out so much in a ton of matchups, from coal to lando to pult to urshifu, and with a multitude of set options, is hard to guess at team preview. For this particular fini, I wanted the dual stabs it provides, but I also wanted screens on the team: and as I was building this, I was hard pressed near the end to fit screens on. Eventually, however, I found a set that did the trick. Speed evs creep my own metagross, as well as my tyranitar, with the rest dumped into SPA to get as much damage out as possible since i'm not calm mind. HP evs hit 175 so as to round down sand damage.

:ss/metagross:
Here I wanted another Ice resist, as well as a grass resist. A Steel type immediately stood out to me, and with tyranitar already on the team to cover dragapult and spectrier, Metagross seemed like a no brainer. Enough speed evs to creep my own tyranitar, with the rest dumped in bulk and attack. Ice punch to help hit landorus, although I was tempted by zen-headbutt at one point for the venusaur matchup: though I found an alternative.

:ss/gothitelle:
From here, I had a decent looking team. What I needed was a form of speed control, as well as disruption and damage assistance. Gothitelle slotted into that perfectly: Fake Out and Shadow Tag for trapping and disruption, Trick Room as an alternative speed control, and Helping Hand to help increase damage or functionally ignore intimidate when needed. Psyshock was a cherry on top, providing more consistent damage against venusaur. While Porygon2 was my first consideration when building this, the utility and pressure Gothitelle can offer proved too much to ignore. The evs hit 93 speed, tying 100 incin, where as the colbur + bulk evs live banded urshifu decently, and regular urshifu comfortably. Remainder dumped into special defense to help out general bulk.

This one is loads of fun, and competitive enough to attract some of you more competitively minded individuals towards it. I encourage you to give it a go!
Team B by Yourwelcomthank (The first team)

:Tyranitar::Charizard-Gmax: :Whimsicott: :Mamoswine: :Heatran: :Tapu Koko: - :Tyranitar::Charizard-Gmax: :Whimsicott: :Mamoswine: :Metagross: :Tapu Koko:
https://pokepast.es/4ed404a108a0abd5 - https://pokepast.es/729c1333cfc81a02 Second team Version.
There are a few things you must account for when building with Tyranitar. Its fighting weakness being obvious along with its Steel, Ground and Grass-type weaknesses. Charizard is able to cover all of these options at once except Ground-types which is easily covered by other team elements. Charizard has proven to be good alongside Tyranitar in the past many times too.

This was actually an old team i took from my teambuilder and updated it the old version was made with. misticMd

Tyranita provides crucail defensive backbone for the team. Being able to check primarily Spectrier but also Charizard, and Zapdos. Having a reliable Spectrier check is very important on this team as most of the other Pokemon can't handle it well. Tyranitar is able to threaten Fire-types who would trouble other members of the team like Charizard, Heatran, and Torkoal. This Tyranitar has Taunt which helps immensly in dealing with Trick Room.

:Charizard-gmax: :Safety Goggles:
Charizard has great synergy with Tyranitar. Being able to offensively check Grass-Types, Urshifu, and Steels. Charizard is a fine pokemon even without sun but this team has Sunny Day Whimsicott to power up Chariard. Charizard has Safety Goggles allowing it to deal with Sun and Amoonguss.

:Whimsicott: :Focus Sash:
Whimsicott is able to provide Tailwind, Sunny day, and an Urshifu check. Tailwind makes Pokemon like Life Orb Mamoswine extremely thretaning as its STAB combination hits so many pokemon. Tailwind also helps Charizard deal with Regieleki as it can outspeed and OHKO non sash variants. The Urshifu check is greatly appreciated by this teams fighting weak Pokemon. Sunny Day is also very useful vs Rain allowing Pokemon Like Tapu Koko or even Mamoswine to check the rain team.

:Mamoswine: :Life Orb:
Bulky Life Orb Mamoswine has been one of my favorite Pokemon in the format right now. its STABS in threaten just about everything and rock slide hits Rotom-H. Mamoswine's role on this team is to deal with Ground-types like Landurous-T and Garchomp. It is also able to threaten Rock types that may trouble the team like Regirock and Nihilego.

:Heatran: :Shuca Berry:
I really needed a Steel Type that did not lose to Hatterene so while i wanted to so could not use Kartana. Metagross and Celesteela were the other options having a more reliable Glastrier answer is appealing but Dynamax torkoal in Trick Room is quite threatening to this team so in the end i Picked Heatran. with Shuca Berry its Glastrier matchup is good enough so long i carefully position myself i should be good vs Glastrier.

:Tapu KoKo: :Assault Vest:
Tapu Koko is used over Regieleki thanks to this teams Spore Vulnerability however its ability to better check Urshifu is much appreciated by this teams fighting weak Pokemon. Tapu Koko makes a nice offensive Combination with Mamoswine who threatens its Ground-type checks where as Koko in return threatens Water Types. Assault Vest was chosen as the item with lets Tapu Koko best check Rain and the many flying types of the metagame better.

:Terrakion: and :Stakataka:
Two pokemon i do find a bit concerning to the team being Stakataka and Terrakion. Terrakions STABs threaten the whole team. However the majority of the team can threaten Terrakion back. So with your own Tailwind and so long you can stop or thwart beat Up set up. its much easier if the Beat Up user is Dragapult as Life Orb Mamoswine can outspeed and OHKO Dragapult or Max Quake Terrakion which wtih minimal chip is a guranteed OHKO and can straight up OHKO 75% of the time. Also if you know they are not White Herb you can Electroweb with Tapu Koko.

132+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Max Quake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Terrakion: 320-377 (96.3 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Stakataka you need to be very careful about your positioning as it does threaten the entire team in Trick Room. Generally you'll want to try and get into a position where you can 2hko or 3hko it with Heatran Max Quake. if its Shuca Berry it takes much less from Max Quake but that means its not Policy which would take much more. you do need to be very careful in this matchup as you rely very heavily on Heatran. Heatrans defense boosts from Max Steelspike can also help, and when TR is over you can have Mamo positioned to finish it off hopefully.

The second team with Metagross helps with these issue's a lot but is worse VS torkoal.
Team C by smogon account

https://pokepast.es/58f4280b1075840c
:tyranitar: :mandibuzz: :tapu-lele: :excadrill: :regieleki: :porygon2:

The tyranitar/mandibuzz/tapu lele core is one I've used in the past and it's a really cute one, full of a bunch of little synergies.

:tyranitar:
AV tyranitar reaches a whopping 279 SpD in sand, meaning it can go toe to to with tapu fini fairly easily, even taking the super effective hits like the champion godzilla is.
( 252+ SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 28 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 66-78 (31.8 - 37.6%) )
It's up to question as to whether you want a special move on tyranitar, but giving it dark pulse gives it an avenue for attack through burns, as max darkness will snowball in power with the SpD drops. Tyranitar's dark typing also complements tapu lele well as it avoids giving opposing psychic types any real advantages against the team. People are also afraid to sink super effective hits into tyranitar to avoid proccing weakness policy.

:mandibuzz:
when using tyranitar, I prefer mandibuzz over moltres-g, both because of overcoat and because of ttar's constant desire to dynamax. Additionally, while this is minor, sand damage won't trigger berserk, leaving moltres in a really bad spot. It comes up more often than you'd think. Overcoat protects mandibuzz against sleep powder and rage powder, which would be better on any other mon, but it still comes in handy.

:tapu lele:
I'm going to put this in every single team and you're going to like it.

:excadrill:
I think you need a sand sweeper and I prefer excadrill because it's less linear than the fossils and it's also got a crucial electric immunity for rogue regieleki speed debuffs. Weakness Policy excadrill is an oldie, but a goodie. This specific spread outspeeds +1 urshifu and adamant dracovish, then dumps the rest into bulk to make WP a little safer to proc.

:regieleki:
offers a more offensive form of speed control vs teams that can abuse mandibuzz' passivity (aka taunt lol), but also combines its electroweb well with other teammates' foul play to make short work of thundurus-t. This could also just be goggles incineroar if I'm being honest.

:porygon2:
p2 is just a solid mon and a good answer to trick room teams and tailwind teams alike. Tyranitar's speed is minimized to function better in trick room, but excadrill out of sand and mandibuzz will both be able to underspeed a significant chunk of the metagame, especially if they're trying to airstream or tailwind.

ultimately the reason I like this team so much is because of all the little synergies that each member has with other members, and there's a huge diversity in what kind of leads this team can effectively run.
Team D by Nexonus
https://pokepast.es/ac87c12188f20a90
Coal is always dying to special attacks. yeah sure you could run light screen pult. but pult does no damage, you know what does do damage, sand.
My team is a coalossal team that uses ttar to set up the coal. The reason ttar has a benifit over pult is because it sets up the sand which boosts coals spdef helping it live more of those pesky muddy waters and earth powers.

Lets go through the mons.
Mon 1 Coalassol, its a pretty normal coal set. coal obviously being the main damage dealer needs to be alive for awhile so thats why the rest of the mons support it very well.
Mon2 Tyranitar ttar is the one setting up the boosts for coal with scarf surf. The reason i chose ttar over pult is because 1 sand buff coal spdef and 2 it can do damage unlike the regular dragapult.
Mon 3 Urshifu multi strike. Its normal to have and urshifu multi strike on almost every coal team because if you happen to go against sun your gonna want that priority aqua jet to ensure you get the boosts before venu earth powers you.
Mon 4. coal teams useually run rillaboom as their grass type but rilla always felt underwleming with coal. so i went with a stronger approach. Av kartana. It being immune to sandstorm damage made it synergyse well with the main mode of this team. Also giga impact over aerial ace because it has the same effect but does more damage.
Mon 5 rotom heat. The classic sun counter who just so happens to fit well with coal+sand if you give it goggles. Its also a very big check to the main tr threat glastrier but if this being my only tr counte ris worrying you then wait for the 6th mon.
mon 6 clefairy. clefairy supports literally every pokemon on this team. It makes coal bulkier, allows coal to deal more damage. It also allows rotom to setup nasty plots if you need too. The best part about the clef is it is min speed after you. allowing you to after you your own mons and underspeed almost everything in tr.
Team E by Raineko

:ss/Tyranitar: :ss/Dracovish: :ss/Rillaboom: :ss/Slurpuff: :ss/Incineroar: :ss/Zapdos:
https://pokepast.es/07944dd6ffb75c32

Tyranitar really has one huge issue that holds it back from being the beater it can be: its weaknesses. With a 4x Fighting weakness, and a weakness to Water, Grass, Ground, Steel, Fairy and even Bug, pretty much everything in the metagame can hurt this thing significantly. So the main focus of any Tyranitar team should really be about patching up these weaknesses and allowing it to shine. With that in mind, I wanted to tackle a few Pokemon in particular: Urshifu, Rillaboom, Metagross, Landorus-T, and Venusaur.

Tyranitar:
I've chosen to go for a Mixed Tyranitar here as a Physical set cannot stand up to the likes of Metagross so easily. It also means Tyranitar has a touch of leverage on Landorus-T, being able to Ice Beam it off the face of the earth. This allows it to fight back against a couple of its common checks, which makes Tyranitar feel usable at the very least. A Naive nature feels best in this situation as the sand will boost Tyranitar's Special Defense back up, while not impeding on its offensive capability. Having control of the weather is also fairly neat, as it means Kingdra and Venusaur can't just go fast and try to blow through the team.

+2 180 SpA Tyranitar Max Darkness vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dynamax Metagross: 368-434 (98.3 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+2 180 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 228 HP / 92 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-Therian: 224-268 (116 - 138.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 100 Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dynamax Moltres-Galar: 440-522 (133.3 - 158.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 100 Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Glastrier: 326-386 (78.7 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Grassy Terrain recovery -- While not a KO, substantial damage to this is extremely helpful in dealing with it.

Dracovish:
Not much to say about this thing really. It's a Dracovish. It uses Fishious Rend a lot. Sand Rush + Choice Band gives it the best possible opportunity to do heaps of damage, and when combine with either String Shot from Slurpuff or Max Airstream from Zapdos it can really shine. Psychic Fangs allows it to best stand up to Amoonguss and Venusaur, which would otherwise resist it. Rock Slide allows for flinch chances more than anything, while Crunch could have been an option I just felt like it wasn't making enough of a difference when Fishious Rend can be so brutal. Bulldoze, while weakened by my own Grassy Terrain, allows me to proc the Weakness Policy on Tyranitar

Rillaboom:
Rillaboom feels like a good glue for this team, allowing me to best overcome Pokemon such as Tapu Fini and Gastrodon. It also provides the crucial Grassy Terrain that is going to allow this team to tick. Assault Vest is the obvious option for an item on this team as Choice Band has already been taken by the Dracovish. It also, imperatively, allows me to have just that bit extra bulk which can be so crucial in locking down positions against big threats. A Brave nature with 0 Spe IVs gives me the best chance to control the terrain to my advantage. Fake Out and U-turn offer good supportive potential, with U-turn notably being an alternate means to proc the Weakness Policy on Tyranitar.

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Landorus-Therian Fly vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Rillaboom-Gmax: 159-190 (76.8 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery -- Mostly just helpful in the endgame, but if I can get Landorus-T to -2 or burn it with Zapdos, this spread also lives an Airstream.
252 SpA Life Orb Spectrier Helping Hand Max Phantasm vs. 252 HP / 148 SpD Assault Vest Rillaboom-Gmax: 173-204 (83.5 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ SpA Rotom-Heat Max Flare vs. 252 HP / 148 SpD Assault Vest Rillaboom-Gmax: 168-200 (81.1 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Slurpuff:
Slurpuff was an interesting pick that I had discussed with a few friends. I knew about this Pokemon for a while, having seen it take a top 30 on the ladder and it recently being mentioned to me by zee. I've been pushing for it to get ranked ever since. Unburden + Grassy Seed really allows this thing to be a bulky and fast Fairy-type that nicely supports the whole team. Fake Out + Yawn can be super potent, and Fake Tears allows Tyranitar and Zapdos to have even more damage output. String Shot is just decent speed control. It also checks Urshifu a great deal, something that Tyranitar would otherwise struggle with. Slurpuff's HP is 16n, allowing for the maximum amount of Grassy Terrain healing.

These haven't really been calced for, but they do show how impressive it can be.
252+ Atk Glastrier Max Steelspike vs. +1 148 HP / 0 Def Grassy Seed Slurpuff: 134-158 (76.1 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252 SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 148 HP / 108 SpD Slurpuff: 127-151 (72.1 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+1 176 SpA Nihilego Meteor Beam vs. 148 HP / 108 SpD Slurpuff: 157-186 (89.2 - 105.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO -- Okay chance to live naturally
0 SpA Slurpuff Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Urshifu: 172-208 (98.2 - 118.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Incineroar:
Just a standard Intimidate support set for Incineroar. Having a second Fake Out option is never bad. Speed hits 91, outspeeding fast Amoonguss notably. But also outspeeds the likes of -2 Cinderace, which can be helpful if they have either Max Steelspiked into the Slurpuff already or I need to Parting Shot into them. It felt like a natural way to go about handling the Sun matchup, as Flare Blitz doesn't a significant amount to Venusaur and any time I can trade Incin for Venu I'm likely happy.

Zapdos:
I felt like I wanted to double down on basically everything I already went through. I feel confident into some of this things good checks, so I felt the fast Electric-type would help significantly. Notably, I wanted to further improve the matchup with Urshifu, Tapu Fini and Venusaur but also significantly improve the Celesteela matchup. Max Airstream can also significantly benefit Tyranitar and Dracovish, as they want to be dishing out damage first.

252 SpA Zapdos Max Lightning vs. -2 252 HP / 12 SpD Dynamax Celesteela: 422-500 (103.4 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Zapdos Max Airstream vs. -2 0 HP / 4 SpD Dynamax Venusaur: 464-548 (149.6 - 176.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Zapdos Max Lightning vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 174-206 (98.3 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO -- Slurpuff allows me to undo any Calm Minds, essentially
Team F by jAiy12

:Nihilego: :Urshifu: :Thundurus: :Tyranitar: :Excadrill: :Dracovish:

https://pokepast.es/08e2b93c124b8b9e
The team is a classic NUT core from series 7, but that's just to throw them off. The REAL stars of the show are the three mons in the back of the line, with TTar shining brightest of them all, by enabling them. TTar sets up sand for excadrill, in classic series 5 fashion, and plays mindgames with the opponent by making them think Dracovish is also sand rush. Little do they know, it's water absorb to switch in to max geysers so they can't overrite sand. TTar is focus sash to help deal with rillaboom better, and runs assurance for double ups with max knuckle, or any mon on the team for that matter, since it's slower than all of them. Competitive players might ask how to beat Glastrier, which is a solid question. The strat is to ko their tr mon with Urshifu's Wicked blow, or an assurance double up, and OKHO the glastrier with either Urshifu's banded close combat or with Power Herb Nihilego.

Quite the fun team if I do say so myself. :)
Team G by Netherious
:ss/Tyranitar: :ss/Latias: :ss/Dracovish: :ss/Kartana: :ss/Rotom-Heat: :ss/Mimikyu:

https://pokepast.es/fbad86918edb656c

TLDR; a good team report
(the acronym is literally TLDR)

Tyranitar is one of my favorite Pokemon historically so I had to force myself to build early so I didn't miss cut off like the prior two weeks. ;_; Tyranitar is a great offensively versatile Pokemon and is capable of being extremely deceiving in max. Most opponents will not be able to tell whether it is physical or special, and I think withholding that information is yet another chip you can use to have an advantage over your opponents. This team has pulled me up through ladder to 1500's, and as the week goes on I'll update the final ladder record if it improves further. Team do be kinda good. Details below:

Tyranitar

Similar to Raineko, I believe mixed Tyranitar is an amazing option, and takes advantage of Weakness Policy boosting both offensive stats. I chose Dark Pulse as my main offensive for it's Tyranitar's strongest special STAB and has flinch potential. Some relevant calcs below:

+2 116+ SpA Tyranitar Max Darkness vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dynamax Metagross: 378-446 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 116+ SpA Tyranitar Max Quake vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Incineroar: 200-236 (99 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+2 116+ SpA Tyranitar Max Quake vs. 52 HP / 4 SpD Dynamax Coalossal in Sand: 340-400 (88.5 - 104.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+2 0- Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 156 HP / 36 Def Dynamax Venusaur-Gmax: 187-222 (53.4 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

+2 0- Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Thundurus: 450-530 (145.1 - 170.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rock Slide even with a negative nature does enough to get relevant KO's behind the WP boost. I didn't want to dig into Tyranitar's defenses to get that extra damage output. You can always do more damage if you're living longer and I found that as more valuable. Earth Power was a great option for all the Fire-type pokemon in format, especially Incineroar who will attempt to intimidate spam you. Tyranitar also has a 6n-1 HP number to minimize damage from Vine Lash and other residual max moves. it reaches 103 speed which outspeeds all max speed base 130 in tailwind, as well as speed tying max speed neutral base 90 pokemon.

Latias

Latias is one of my favorite legends from Gen 3 and felt like such a natural addition to the team thanks to it's anti-sun properties. My build has Icy wind to check Landorus-T and other speed boosting pokemon, and Psychic to check RS Urshifu, and other potential Fighting-type attackers not named Urshifu-SS. Tailwind offers great support to the entire team, who's speed stats are very middling, intentionally. Latias also offers redirection in the ever wonderful Ally Switch. Ally Switch on this team is very nice because Latias resists the major weaknesses of my offensive pokemon, and allows me to threaten my opponent with a potential Ally Switch without ever having to use it to be successful with it.

Latias does not have any particular calcs worth mentioning, however it does have yet another 6n-1 HP number at 185 HP.

Dracovish

Mr. Fish is a staple to me on a sand-focused team. Fishous Rend that outspeeds max speed Regieleki is very enjoyable and hits most things hard that don't resist it. Crunch gives me the option to hit things like Spectrier (and the Latias mirror ;o) hard. Bulldoze gives me a self weakness policy proc option and also an additional form of speed control. 12 HP EV's gets Mr fish to a really strong HP number which is both 6n-1 and 8n-1, reducing damage from residual max moves as well as Leech Speed, Fire Spin, and Burn.

Kartana

Assault Vest Kartana always feels strong in a physically dominating format. It's massive defenses and physical offenses put it in a really unique spot in the format. Kartana can plough through unprepared teams, or teams lacking a way to hit it super effectively. It partners nicely with Dracovish and Tyranitar who have no problem removing Kartana's weaknesses. I like Aerial Ace as a 4th move on Kartana to give me more speed control options. Speed control is king in a format like this. 212 Speed on Kartana allows it to outspeed Nihilego who could otherwise threaten the entire team offensively.

Rotom-Heat

The infamous Ally switch king who doesn't have Ally Switch. A very typical choice for my type of building. This rotom is extremely defensive and is designed to survive a Max Rockfall from standard Landorus-T, 2 Wicked Blows from non Choice Band Urshifu-S, as well as surviving 2 Muddy Water from Tapu Fini. As always 236 HP gets me to 155, a 6n-1 HP number. 148 Spe gets me to 125 speed, which outspeeds a -1 Regieleki when at +1 as Rotom, or just generally outspeeds max speed base 60 Pokemon.

Mimikyu

Another favorite of mine, Mimikyu was perfect for tying the team together with a final Trick Room component. If you cant outspeed em, underspeed em. Swords Dance gives me yet another option for taking advantage of passive play. The EV's are designed to minimize the HP damage taken from disguise, and then survive a Wicked Blow from Urshifu-SS. It also outspeeds Thundurus at -1 and all other max speed base 111 Pokemon who hit 179 speed.
That's the team! It's been a ton of fun to play and I can see myself playing it for several weeks because it is extremely strong in todays competitive format. <3
Team H by Gfazzo

:ss/tyranitar: :ss/mienshao: :ss/rotom-wash: :ss/togekiss: :ss/spectrier: :ss/garchomp:
https://pokepast.es/c0bec52ac2591b2d

Tyranitar isn't a mon I typically use often in gen 8 due to its 4x weakness to fighting and the fact urshifu is on virtually every team. Though in past gens I really loved it as a scarfer or even a set up sweeper with dragon dance. I think this teams really neat and fun to use, I hope you guys enjoy!

So to start us off we've got the star of the show himself in tyranitar, Tyranitar has great dual stab in rock and dark being able to check a lot of the current meta. I got the idea of mixed ttar from Raineko since tyranitar is very weak to intimidate making its physical attacks not do nearly as much as I would hope. The spreads one I stole from Raineko being able to outspeed base 100s at plus one speed or your opponent being minus 1 speed. The tyranitar having ice beam allows it to better handle mons like garchomp and landorus who otherwise give tyranitar a tough time.

As you can probably tell by now Mienshao is one of my favorite pokemon to use, its an amazing support mon who can dish out huge chunks of damage. Having access to moves like fake out taunt and coaching really help benefit the team as mienshao can help power up our physical attackers in ttar and garchomp to have them do even more damage. Taunt allows for us to stop potentail trick rooms and or wil o wisps that may be directed towards the more offensive mons on the team. As I normally tend to do I can ramble on about how much mienshao does for the team but you guys get the point.

Next up is Rotom-Wash, I personally love rotom wash as its probably the 2nd best water type we have as of right now besides Tapu Fini. The combination of electric and water stab is very strong along with the ability levitate meaning rotom only has one weakness in grass. Rotom beats landorus and helps out a lot vs tapu fini, glastrier,and others.

Next up is probably one of the best partners tyranitar could hope for in togekiss. Togekiss is able to redirect attacks like close combat from urshifu away from tyranitar while taking barely any damage. Togekiss beats the biggest threat tyranitar faces in gen8 being urshifu, with the ability to one shot it with dazzling gleam. Togekiss is a mon I'm really starting to like thanks to its plethora of great support moves like yawn, follow me and helping hand.

Spectrier is a mon I use quite often as it hits extremely hard and helps benefit others on the team by picking up defense and speed drops with Max Phantasm and Max Strike. Most will probably see Spectrier and think its the standard bulldoze set to help proc tyranitars WP, I don't like that as I feel like its been seen way too many times before. Though if u really need to u can proc ttars WP with mudslap, but be careful of missing.

And last but not least we have Garchomp, I've really enjoyed using chomp so far as its an amazing answer to coalossal and a perfect coaching candidate for mienshao. Its base 102 speed allows it to outspeed mons like urshifu, regigigas, and zapdos. I was contemplating a 4th move on this garchomp and noticed I didn't have a sure fire wp proc for tyranitar so I added surf so 1. I dont do too much damage to tyranitar when procing. And 2. So I don't have to run bulldoze and drop tyranitars speed

Hope everyone liked the team! I rlly enjoy playing it and I hope some of you give it a shot

Team I (i) by pLOpy13

Berries? Nah! Smh
:sitrus berry: :aguav berry: :coba berry: :shuca berry: :lum berry: :wacan berry: :wiki berry: :charti berry:

:ss/tyranitar: :ss/Galvantula: :ss/corviknight: :ss/aerodactyl: :ss/persian: :ss/haxorus:
https://pokepast.es/d8d57c55b3e84c06: QOTD: Berries? Y/N

Alright guys so when i was creating this team I thought to myself we all know tyranitar brings sand right? well what else does it do. So i looked around at its move pool didn't find anything too cool or funny. So i then looked at its abilities and saw it had unnerve. well i have been recently been using snorlax a lot and the one thing that stops snorlax dead in its tracks is unnerve and i know how annoying not being able to use berries is. So I took the challenge and decided to make a team with only unnerve ability Pokemon.

Ladies and gentlemen! I am proud to announce the one, the only, Tyranitar! most people use bulldoze tyranitar under trick room but i decided to run a different approach to this pokemon. I decided to go fast tyranitar something that would catch my opponents off guard. At +1 tyranitar hits 184 which out speeds modest spectrier and out speeds urshifu one of ttars biggest threats as its the most common fighting type in the format right now. Ttar has a lot of offensive power with its base 130 attack stat and steady base 100 health stat. allowing it to take hits and allow for weakness policy to proc and this extra damage that tyranitar gets from this boost can really help in certain situations.

:ss/galvantula:

Is it Pikachu? Is it vikavolt? Why No! Its Galvantula. This Pokemon hasn't seen much usage since it came out in generation 5 as rock types are usually very prevalent in the meta game and with galvantula's 2x weakness to these rock moves it makes it a great partner for ttar as ttar resists Rock types being a rock type itself. It also gets access to screech which allows ttar to hit things offensively if its weakness policy isnt proc'ed. with electroweb it helps support fast ttar by giving it that +1 boost. It also gives a nice electric typing to help out against celesteela which ttar doesnt have a very favorable matchup against since he doesnt have that sand boost.

:ss/corviknight:

Ah we are all familiar with this pokemon the flying taxi pokemon of Galar! a very strong steel type that is often outclassed by celesteela due to celesteela having better bulk and more offensive stats. however Corviknight is awesome because it has access to bulk up which is amazingly strong as it boosts its offensive capabilities as well its defense and with body press it allows corviknight to use both brave bird and iron head as well as body press effectively. In max with steel coverage this boosts the body press outside of max and since body press is fighting it boosts corviknights attack stat for it to use iron head and brave bird. Overall making this pokemon a great secondary max candidate.

:ss/aerodactyl:

An interesting pokemon to say the least with its rock and flying type. It hits a lot in the format right now with rock slide and dual wingbeat and with tailwind and another way to proc ttars weakness policy its an amazing support as well as it gives a third rock slide mon so i can do all the rock slide flinching i want. hehe very fun to use and definitely does its job and mental herb is just there to make sure that it gets tailwind up so that it can help the sweepers in the back.

:ss/persian:

Hey isnt that the pokemon that Giovanni uses?! why yes it is! Persian is quite the interesting pick as it gets great access to a bunch of different coverage moves including fake out, play rough which is great coverage to help ttar not get hit by fighting moves. It has uturn for self proc weakness policy activation and to hit psychic types. Giga impact is a great normal type coverage stab that can do big ammounts of damage at +1 or +2 with corviknight and tyranitar's max knuckle boosts. with av it allows persian to take more hits from things and since persian doesnt really outspeed anything at max speed i decided to put more investment in hp and still have enough speed investment so that i can still out speed urshifu.

:ss/haxorus:

Haxorus used Rock slide! The opposing torkoal flinched! I swear this pokemon always gets the Hax when it plays. Haxorus is there because it is a great dragon type that i think is honestly underated since dragapult has been shining so much. It does a lot of damage with the really high base 146 atk stat which is insane and has a great speed stat but it just gets outsped by some things that having scarf on it helps so much. you could also run ddance on haxorus but since i have no redirection it wasnt a great choice for me and i wanted the immediate power.
Team J by tqew

https://pokepast.es/4fb968c973b259af - The team
Tyranitar generally isn't the most common pick, but it has good natural bulk and coverage, completed with good offensive stats. If built around, it can be a strong team member and can enable pokemon such as dracovish, dracozolt, and excadrill.

:tyranitar: The team obviously started with tyranitar. I chose rock slide for rock STAB, with assurance for dark stab to pair with a faster mon like Dracozolt for bolt beak/max move into assurance for a KO on most pokemon. I chose the last move as ice beam to hit mons like garchomp and landorus-therian.
:dracozolt: Dracozolt was chosen as a sand abuser, with sand rush to boost its decent speed and take advantage of that with 170 BP STAB bolt beaks. I gave it a life orb to boost its power, dragon claw for dragon STAB and pluck for max airstream. I chose Dracozolt over the more popular Dracovish to cover tyranitars water weakness.
:blastoise-gmax: Blastoise is here to cover the ground types that threaten tyranitar and dracozolt. With 180 BP g-max cannonade(with the wave incense power boost), it can threaten lots of mons with neutral damage with the residual effect of this move chunking opponents. I gave it fake out for support, and ice beam to hit grass types and pokemon like garchomp and togekiss. I have hydro cannon over water spout so I don't have to rely on ice beam if I am not at high health. It also beats incineroar, who with intimidate can cripple tyranitar and dracozolt.
:rotom-heat: Rotom checks the gras types that theaten the 3 previous pokemon, and beats sun. The moves are generic, and I chose a sitrus berry over safety goggles as I have togekiss to redirect sleep powder and 2 pokemon with fake out.
:hitmontop: I chose hitmontop over the more common incineroar so I don't stack ground weaknesses, and for wide guard. Wide guard protects dracozolt and tyranitar from earthquake, and rotom-heat and togkiss from rock slide. I gave it an eject button so I could pivot for fake out pressure and intimidate later in the match. It can also do decent damage with STAB close combat and let its teammates hit through protect with feint.
:togekiss: Togekiss can redirect the grass type moves, ground type moves, and fighting type moves that threaten the rest of the team. I originally chose a more supportive togekiss, with yawn over dazzling gleam, holding a wacan berry with serene grace. I changed it because this team has a hard time hitting dark type pokemon, which togekiss can hit with dazzling gleam. Air slash also hits grass type pokemon.
Team K by Helios of Sun

I was a little disappointed when I realized tqew made a similar team to mine, but oh well. Let's submit it anyways

https://pokepast.es/e65b50d5c2f744b8

This was actually one of the harder mons to work around. I personally am not a fan of Sand as I do think the mons that are able to abuse sand are rather sub-par. This is why although I left Sand Stream up (primarily to deal with Focus Sash mons and the Special Defense boost), I opted to not put a Sand-Abuser and rather focused more on setting up Tyranitar to succeed. However, when trying to do so, you find yourself dealing with a few problems, such as Urshifu, Rillaboom, or Glastrier, to name a few. So, in building this team, I selected mons that are able to deal with these 3.

In the beginning, I originally put Grimmsnarl on the team to set up Screens, but it was later cut for a better option.

Ultimately, the teambuilding process flowed to these points:
  1. Trick Room Tyranitar as the main sweeper of the team >>>> opted to use Dusclops to set up TR and proc the Weakness Policy
  2. Togekiss to help out in the Urshifu and Spectrier matchups
  3. Rotom-Heat to help out in the Glastrier and Metagross matchups
  4. Rillaboom for Terrain Control, priority Grassy Glide, Fake Out to help out in TR setup and U-turn as a rare WP proc option
  5. Blastoise as the secondary max option / late game sweeper.

So now that the Teambuilding Process is down, let's talk about the mons

Tyranitar:
The main sweeper and Dynamaxer of the team. With a +2 boost, it is able to kill many different things with it's dual stab and Max Knuckle. It uses a very simple spread for maximum power, which increases heavily with a Weakness Policy boost.

Dusclops:
The Trick Room setter of the team, and the primary proc-mode of Tyranitar's Weakness Policy. After getting Trick Room up and proccing the WP, its job is essentially over, and is able to spam Night Shades or Pain Splits to be more of an annoyance on the field.

Rotom-Heat:
The team's primary matchup for Glastrier, Steel Type, and Grass Type Pokemon (think Rillaboom). It is a very self-explanatory mon, just set up Nasty Plots and wreck house with it's moves.

Rillaboom:
Here is another interesting mon. So, this is a rather common set in VGC, but it's value for the team is incredibly high. Not only does it help with the pesky Water Types that can hit your Tyranitar, it also functions as a secondary WP proc mon, as it is able to use U-Turn on your Tyranitar to proc the Weakness Policy. (This however, is not done often).

Blastoise:
Another max candidate or late game TR sweeper. DoT moves in VGC are broken, and although Blastoise is the weakest of the three Kanto starter evolutions, it definitely has its worth here as an amazing way to counter Pesky Ground Types after your Tyranitar, or using Hailstorm to take out the exceedingly common Garchomps and Landoruses in the metagame. It also finds use in a Trick Room endgame, as it is able to spam Water Spouts against faster mons.

Togekiss:
The newest addition to the team, it is a mixup of being able to Follow Me, and yet is able to max at the same time. With this, Togekiss heavily helps the team in the Urshifu matchup (particularly Rapid Strike), which is normally very problematic for this team. It has also found incredible use in the Spectrier matchup, where it is also your primary max option, and is ultimately able to help you reach a good end-game where you are able to freely set up Trick Room and clean house with the rest of your team.
Team L by Chadju

Tyranitar isn't actually the best in the format as it is weak to almost all the popular picks but should not be underestimated. While it is extremely weak to fighting grass ground and steel However. These can be easily Covered. And with how good its Natural bulk and offensive power is It is very strong on the right team.
:ss/Tyranitar: :ss/Incineroar: :ss/Regieleki: :ss/Dracovish: :ss/Celesteela: :ss/Grimmsnarl:

So here we go. the main Pokémon of the team. Tyranitar. I copied the spread Raineko used and changed it a little bit. I used it due to Intimidate hindering Tyranitar a lot I thought mixed was the best way to go. Ice Beam Allows for Garchomp And Landorus to get obliterated by Tyranitar Instead of having a rough time.

:Dracovish: :Mystic Water:
Dracovish was the Sand Rush abuser I preferred on this team there's not much I need to say about this thing. Dracovish+Tyranitar Is the bread and butter of this team. I went mystic water to boost my Fishious Rends. Bulldoze Allows My Tyranitar to outspeed base 100's at - 1 I did not use Psychic or crunch and opted for substitute To Stall out PoliDra.

:Celesteela: :Assault Vest:
Celesteela: Celesteela's goal is to get Beast Boosts from mons taken to low HP from Tyranitar and Dracovish. with how slow Celesteela is I can reset weather to my own advantage. allowing me to preserve Dracovish. Assault Vest is for bulk Vs fire Moves and to take a hit from Regieleki. And It gives me a Ground Immunity.

:Regieleki: :Magnet:
Regieleki allows for the team to have more speed control and take out Flying types I Use Hyper Beam so Im Able to Damage Landorus. Regieleki also allows me to Get rid of Tapu Fini's I also Electrowebb next to tyranitar to Ko it early on.

:incineroar::Safety Goggles:
the team needed a good status answer so I chose goggles incineroar
Is Probably the best intimidator and Pokémon of the format So it seemed like the best Sun check I could go for. there's not much else i need to explain because y, know its Incineroar I went for taunt to stop trick room,

:Grimmsnarl: :Lagging Tail:
I Wanted to Make My team Bulkier and have a solid mon to help me answer Urshifu Rapid Strike and Urshifu Single Strike. Lagging tail allows for me to turn matches in my favor. and helps Regieleki and Celesteela do massive damage with fake tears. And Spirit Break is nice chip.
Team M by CreeperClash

The inevitable time where i would make a team has been delayed, I've thought through this one, I have calcs, and this time I'm not gonna try to be a joke, i had a lot of friends help me make this team so i hope you like it, anyways Introducing... coaching pherosma + ttar!
PASTE: https://pokepast.es/c3dab6f25cfad61d

:ss/pheromosa:
Pherosma was my starting point, coaching is the main center of it, it's built to help support ttar so that intimidate doesn't really do anything to it, close combat is an amazing move for hitting urshifu's and steels that threaten ttar, its also just strong, speed swap i really cant explain right now but i can explain it in the ttar section, triple axel hits all of the ground that ttar hates like lando-t.
-1 252 Atk Pheromosa Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 408-480 (127.8 - 150.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pheromosa Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Urshifu: 408-482 (119.6 - 141.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pheromosa Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 163-193 (54.1 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

now i might've borrowed a certain ttar idea from a certain moderator that starts with y and ends in i ( he gave me his consent) but i have adjusted it to this teams liking, first of all av is amazing and allows for lots of longevity in matches, now what about mixed ttar in general, well i just think that it works better in the meta as of right now, with more coverage, dark pulse hits pult and spectrier, flamethrower hits venu, metagross, rilla, and glastrier, ice beam hits ground types like lando, and more grass types, and rock slide just hits fire types and is a powerful stab, also about the speed swap yea its simple, ttar go fast, it helps stop the bad speed syndrome.
180+ SpA Tyranitar Max Darkness vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 386-456 (128.2 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180+ SpA Tyranitar Max Darkness vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Spectrier: 426-504 (124.9 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180+ SpA Tyranitar Max Darkness vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 446-528 (140.6 - 166.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
100 Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Glastrier: 312-368 (77.2 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ SpA Tyranitar Max Hailstorm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur-Gmax: 236-278 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ SpA Tyranitar Max Hailstorm vs. 228 HP / 92 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-Therian: 340-404 (90.4 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
(the list goes on)

:ss/grimmsnarl:
now i had my core, i needed my coverage, grimmsnarl helps with that with spirit break but also sets screens for our already boosted ttar making it almost unkillable, i would go into on the spread but i think grimmsnarl uses the same moves so much you get the point, so i wanna talk about the spread, this spread is simple live everything after you set a screen up (or before) calcs are shown below.
252 Atk Kartana Max Steelspike vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Grimmsnarl through Reflect: 273-322 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Hatterene-Gmax G-Max Smite vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Grimmsnarl through Light Screen: 262-310 (66.4 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Hatterene-Gmax Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Grimmsnarl: 324-384 (82.2 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Venusaur-Gmax Max Ooze vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Grimmsnarl: 270-318 (68.5 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:ss/sylveon:
now i really need a check to fighting types, thats why sylveons here, and also mystical fire helps lower sp atk for ttar to "abuse" with av, yawn is an amazing move that helps stop any other mons that try to threaten ttar, and can stop dynamaxed mons that can threaten the entire team, babiri berry helps it survive (most) steel types like kartana and is a really big help on this team

:ss/venusaur: :ss/torkoal:
now I needed more offense and still needed more ways to cover ttar's weaknesses, so looking at my options i saw sun was my best option torkoal is yet another support mon that also helps check glastriers in tr (and abuses speed swap juuust a little) and can shutdown any physical dynamax attackers, venusaur checks steels for ttar, checks fairies with sludge bomb, hits waters with leaf storm, and sleeps stuff with sleep powder, and that concludes the team report.

Team O by PinkiePat

Shout out to Edu for helping me with this a bit
Tyrant and Friends

Tyranitar
Let's start by going over the moves.
Rock Slide - Rock Slide is easily Tyranitar's best rock move in the format. It's powerful in and out of Dynamax and unlike Stone Edge is overall more reliable, has flinch chance, and hits both opposing Pokemon.

Crunch - I opted for Crunch over Lash Out. While not overly relevant I like the tiny extra power when you aren't Dynamaxed. More often you'll still click Rock Slide but Tyranitar really likes having a way to hit Metagross lest you get walled.

Protect - This is a no brainer. Protect will let you survive Max Moves or even use Max Guard yourself. It also helps keep Tyranitar alive longer as well as scout out what the opponent wants to do.

Superpower - Lastly, I went with Superpower. I wanted Max Knuckle on this set to further make Tyranitar a scary option in and out of Dynamax. It also pairs nicely with the Landorus-T since I can U-Turn off off my own Tyranitar then give Kartana an attack boost on switch in.

Now we go over the EV spread.
124 in HP means we hit a total of 191 HP, which is both 8n-1 and 6n-1.
I went full on Attack with Adamant to capitalize on Tyranitar's 134 base attack.
12 in Defense you will find were the leftovers.
12 in Special Defense means you get 122 in the stat. With the sand boost of x1.5 you have 183 Special Defense.
Here is where some people might get a little confused but it makes sense. 108 in Speed means you reach 95 Speed. As of making the spread the fastest Incineroar spread on Pikalytics hits 94 Speed. This means you should be faster than most so they can't parting shot off you. You could have gone max speed in theory but you miss out on a lot of useful bulk which Tyranitar makes good use of on this team given how it carries the weakness policy

-1 252+ Atk Miracle Seed Rillaboom-Gmax G-Max Drum Solo vs. 124 HP / 12 Def Dynamax Tyranitar in Grassy Terrain: 276-326 (72.2 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
-1 252 Atk Urshifu Close Combat vs. 124 HP / 12 Def Dynamax Tyranitar: 252-300 (65.9 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Tyranitar Max Rockfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Glastrier: 398-470 (192.2 - 227%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Landorus-T
Next up is Landorus-T
The moves are straightforward.
Earthquake - This is the best STAB Ground move it gets.
Fly - While not the best for Flying moves this is the best we get so we have to make do.
Rock Slide - Rock Slide is always a good choice. Double target, flinch, decent damage. All good.
U-turn - The last move I went with is U-turn. At the suggestion of Edu we can use it to not only cycle Intimidate but also activate our own Tyranitar's Weakness Policy.

I won't spend too much time on the EV spread. I went simple with max Attack and max Speed with a Choice Scarf. With the Choice Scarf you will outspeed Dragapult and Pheromosa. There will be some occasions where you Dynamax Landorus-T which is why the last 4 EVs went into HP (plus it gives a bit of extra bulk overall so why not)

Kartana
Third is our boy, Kartana
Since we have an Assault Vest, our set runs 4 attacks.
Leaf Blade - Leaf Blade is easily the best choice for Grass STAB. Reliable accuracy (sorry Razor Leaf), high critical hit rate, and it doesn't need sun to function (looking at you, Solar Blade)
Smart Strike - With the absence of Iron Head for Steel STAB we have to default to Smart Strike. The one pro here is that it doesn't check accuracy so it can hit those annoying Minimize Chanseys.
Sacred Sword - Sacred Sword is very good coverage on Kartana. You can hit Steel types more consistently such as opposing Kartana. Ideally you don't end up in a 1v1 against Kartana but it happens. As a Max move you get to boost your Attack on top of your Beast Boost boosts.
Aerial Ace - What's scarier than a super fast piece of origami? A super fast piece of origami that can gain Speed boosts with Max Airstream while smiting Rillaboom.

The EV spread isn't super fancy in all honesty.
Working backwards we will start at Speed. 252 with a Jolly nature means you will out speed several things, most notably Urshifus and base 100's. You also will be faster than Garchomp which is rising in popularity right now.
The Special Defense investment gives you the highest even number stat you can get to make use of the Assault Vest without wasting EVs.
With the remaining 12 EVs I put 4 in each of HP, Attack, and Defense. Putting them all in 1 single stat doesn't really help Kartana so I went for more bulk and Attack.

4 Atk Kartana Max Overgrowth vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Dynamax Tapu Fini in Grassy Terrain: 270-318 (76.2 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
4 Atk Incineroar Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 4 Def Dynamax Kartana: 244-292 (90.3 - 108.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
4 Atk Kartana Max Steelspike vs. 244 HP / 116 Def Grimmsnarl through Reflect: 181-216 (90 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Rotom-Heat
Number 4 is Rotom-Heat
The moves here are mostly to be expected but I'll cover them anyway.
Thunderbolt - I went for Thunderbolt instead of Rising Voltage here. While Rising Voltage is a stronger max move I find I only max Rotom-Heat against sun teams so I went for a little extra power outside of max. Rising Voltage is still a legitimate option if you feel inclined
Overheat - Given how Rotom-Heat is our way of stopping sun it makes sense to use a powerful STAB Fire move that gets boosted by the sun that either you set up of your opponent sets up for you.
Protect - Same as Tyranitar, you can scout the opponent, use it for Max Guard, or just try to keep Rotom-Heat alive longer. This is particularly useful given your item of Safety Goggles making you immune to chip from Hail and Sand
Will-O-Wisp - I opted for Will-O-Wisp here over Nasty Plot. The team can have a rough time against Metagross, certain Landorus-T sets, and occasionally Glastrier. I decided that being able to cast a burn on them would be beneficial.

The EV spread is one that I'm sure some of you have seen already but I will cover it again for anyone who needs it.
Starting with the Speed stat, we reach 124 Speed. Adamant Metagross with 252 EVs in Speed will hit 123. Not only does this mean we should get the burn on it assuming we land the hit and Metagross isn't under Tailwind or slower than us in Trick Room but it also means if there are no speed modifiers in play and Metagross is fast it has to be Jolly. This little niche in Speed is a great way to help scout out Metagross builds a tiny bit.
Modest 252 Special Attack is simply to maximize Rotom-Heat's offensive pressure. This is crucial as we are not running Nasty Plot so we need to make up for the lack of boosts as much as we can here.
108 HP/4 Defense/4 Special Defense is to try and stretch out the bulk as much as possible.

252+ SpA Rotom-Heat Max Lightning vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dynamax Charizard-Gmax: 240-284 (77.9 - 92.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Rotom-Heat Max Flare vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dynamax Venusaur-Gmax in Sun: 342-404 (109.6 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Rotom-Heat Max Lightning vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Torkoal: 139-165 (78.5 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Rotom-Heat Max Flare vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Dynamax Glastrier in Sun: 212-252 (51.2 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Tapu Fini
Tapu Fini is here
Calm Mind Fini is good here, I swear
Moonblast - This is Tapu Fini's Fairy STAB of choice. Good power, 100% accuracy, and a chance to lower the target's Special Attack by 1 stage.
Muddy Water - Muddy Water is a fantastic Water STAB move. Spread coverage, nice power, and 30% chance to lower either target's Accuracy by 1 stage.
Protect - I know I've covered about longevity already but here it is extra noteworthy. We run Leftovers so the extra healing can be a game changer
Calm Mind - Tapu Fini is a great Calm Mind user. After so much as a single boost your damage output makes leaps and bounds. The added Special Defense you get means that late game you can boost up against special attackers

EV spread here is fairly balanced for defensive purposes
244 HP EVs hits a total HP stat of 176, which is 16n where n is equal to how much Leftovers recovery you get and in this case, it is 11.
The Defense EVs will let you survive Rillaboom Grassy Glide and the Special Defense is for Regieleki.

252+ Atk Miracle Seed Rillaboom-Gmax Grassy Glide vs. 244 HP / 116+ Def Tapu Fini in Grassy Terrain: 146-174 (82.9 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ SpA Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 148 SpD Tapu Fini: 152-180 (86.3 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 148 SpD Tapu Fini: 168-198 (95.4 - 112.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Cresselia
Yes, I typed that right.
Moonblast - I decided to run Moonblast for mostly 2 reasons a) Incineroar, Urshifu-S, and Grimmsnarl are all common picks on teams so running STAB on Cresselia is more of a liability b) I can Moonblast my own Tyranitar to activate the Weakness Policy.
Trick Room - Edu recommended a Trick Room setter that wasn't weak to Thundurus-I/Urshifu-S leads. Despite the Dark weakness Cresselia actually bits the bill
Ally Switch - I know people hate this move but I assure you my reasoning here is good. I wanted redirection but I couldn't really make it fit. Ally Switch was the next best choice here. It's good for mind games and it helps Tapu Fini set up Calm Mind boosts
Helping Hand - Boosting an ally's damage output is absolutely a great thing. I want to make Cresselia's utility the best I can here.

252 SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Max Lightning vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Cresselia: 127-151 (55.9 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Max Airstream vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Cresselia: 87-105 (38.3 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Colbur Berry Cresselia on a critical hit: 69-82 (30.3 - 36.1%) -- 46.9% chance to 3HKO
Team P by Bananers7

What's good everyone! Here is my team for this week. A little late but still here.

SAND RUSH = NOT NEEDED

:tyranitar: :regieleki: :thundurus: :landorus-therian: :amoonguss: :primarina:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/4275c834d1a4f1be

(yes my team is named after IGOR, really good album I 100% recommend)

I wanted more immediate and fast pressure from my team, so therefore I went with fast Focus Sash Tyranitar. Rock Slide is just a solid STAB move and Assurance is a niche but excellent pick. Assurance becomes a nuke when one of my faster offensive threats attacks, most notably Regielekis Electroweb because it makes TTar be able to go before the attacked Pokemon most of the time, potentially catching the opposition off guard. I went with Taunt next because my Trick Room matchup is shaky, but being able to taunt Amoonguss and redirectors is nice. I then ran Breaking Swipe as my last move. I was trying to find a solid move to use here and I originally had Thunder Wave, but it wasn't putting in the work I hoped it would. A good friend in Oddball_Otter recommended Breaking Swipe. What Breaking Swipe accomplishes is simple, ruin Physical attackers not named G-Zapdos or Thundurus. It has been really useful for me so far and has won me games because the opponents will attack Tyranitar, only to activate Focus Sash, and get their physical attacker crippled.

IGOR (Tyranitar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Assurance
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Blah blah standard Regieleki set. I added it because I wanted more automatic speed control, and Electroweb is good with Assurance TTar, that's really it.

EARFQUAKE (Regieleki) @ Magnet
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Electroweb
- Protect

I went with Thundurus for a couple of reasons, as it actually accomplishes a couple of very important things on my team. It provides a Sun counter, Ground immunity, and Intimidate counter. My EV spread is able to outspeed max speed Garchomp, I then just dumped the rest in Attack and optimized the HP for Burns. The moves are pretty standard.

WHATS GOOD (Thundurus) (M) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Fly
- Superpower
- Protect

Landorus is here for Intimidate, another Ground immunity, and an Electric immunity useful for Regieleki. My EVs manipulate Download to boost Attack rather than Special Attack, while 68 Speed allows Landorus to outspeed Kartana after an Electroweb from Regieleki. Lum Berry helps me block Burns and Sleep, and my moves are pretty standard.

THANK YOU (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 92 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Amoonguss provides crucial redirection, allowing my attackers to attack with no repercussions. My spread allows Amoonguss to survive a Max Airstream from Landorus-T, even when it is at plus one Attack. The rest is standard, with Sludge Bomb being able to hit Fairy types harder which I have found useful.

PUPPET (Amoonguss) @ Coba Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

And finally, we have Primarina. I added this because I wanted a Water-type, as well as a special attacking Dynamax option. I also needed a way to deal with Garchomp, and Primarina is excellent at killing Garchomp. I went with Hydro Cannon for maximum power in Dynamax, while I went with Hyper Voice for a strong and reliable move out of Dynamax. I then went with Moonblast as an excellent Fairy-type STAB move. Life Orb greatly increases my damage output, and that's about it.

WE STILL FRIENDS? (Primarina) @ Life Orb
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 28 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Protect

This team has been a lot of fun to use and to build. I hope you guys enjoy it and vote for it.
Gl all!

J K H A L G P D
J: Tqew that team is so fire blastoise + togekiss + ttar sounds strong.

K: Helios i think you did a better job than tqew taking advantage of ttars strengths its ability to check spectrier looks super important for this team. and the bulldoze clops i think really capitalizes on ttar to. also my FAVORITE team

H: Gfazzo with Mienshao gamering again gets my vote. really like Garchomp + Spectrier + Mienshao think they cover ttar's weaknesses well

A: very fundamentally solid team really like the dual electrics. thundurus can punish landorus-t for Dracozolt.

L: Renjuu looks solid overall like steela on sand a lot. just a quick note vish or eleki should be Life Orb

G: Netherious looks good just very questionable to use the urshifu weak latias instead of the urshifu checking whimsicott on a ttar team really the only benefit i see of running goggles latias is letting rotom run sitrus berry which sounds very eh. though i do understand using my favorites. :)

P: Bannaers if your glastrier matchup didn't look so dreadful would have probably been more confident in voting it. :) no primarina is not a good glastrier check on its own.

D: Very Flawed team i have tried coal ttar before so i respect it.

Last edited:
A - Gothitelle is gaming.
E - Slurpuff is gaming.
G - Offensive Mimikyu is gaming.
B - Tapu Koko is gaming but AV Landorus-T is not gaming for that team if they have Urshifu and/or Rillaboom.(Which are commonly paired with Landorus-T)
K - Blastoise is gaming.

G - cool idea
E - slurpuff is epik
P - i agree sand rush is overrated
O - gives me feelings on CHALK
i - i respect the challenge
H - mien gaming
A - goth is cool
(also fun fact my team is team m and my name starts with m)

K- Helios team Took Advantage of tyranitar really well
L - Renjuu's idea of Celesteela Sounds really strong on sand but my one problem is Like Yourwelcomethank I wish one of the mons held a spec,lorb,band to better damage. Overall tho. I really like it!
H: i think this team Covers Some of Ttars worst must like Metagross really well and a bunch of others
A: Gothitelle is Gaming x2

E-looking like a 3peat
J-toise, no more needs to be said
k- ^
A-ispy a gothitelle :o
G-mimikyu gave me a ton of trouble when I played vs this team

Loved a lot of the teams! can't wait to see what next weeks mon is

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)