Pet Mod Stereotypes - (Slate 21: Bug/Normal, Ghost/Grass and Fire/Psychic)

Bug/Fighting: JosJet (Mothraija), EeveeGirl1380 (Beetlleon), Rasdanation (Qalatace)

Ice/Fire: okispokis (Thermasorb), Not_Shiva (Glacierate), zxgzxg (Exployeti)

Ground/Psychic: Not_Shiva (Cosmole), okispokis (Runneread), Rasdanation (Kefaraoh)

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
And votes are closed! Here are our winners:

For Ice/Fire, okispokis wins with Thermasorb!
Name: Thermasorb (thermal + absorb)
Ability: Flash Fire/White Smoke/Perish Body (HA)
Typing: Ice/Fire
Stats: 100/75/75/130/90/100 (570 BST)
Weight: 122.3 kg
Relevant Moves:
Special: Ancient Power, Blizzard, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, Lava Plume, Shadow Ball
Flavor Moves:
Physical: Astonish, Avalanche, Facade, Fire Punch, Heat Crash, Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Seismic Toss, Shadow Punch, Storm Throw
Special: Air Cutter, Aurora Beam, Confusion, Ember, Hyper Voice, Icy Wind, Mystical Fire
Status: Confide, Confuse Ray, Detect, Disable, Eerie Impulse, Endure, Hail, Harden, Mist, Protect, Rest, Roar, Sleep Talk, Snore

Description: Thermasorb is a fairly simple special attacker, getting around lackluster coverage on the power of its STAB combo, including Freeze-Dry for Waters. In terms of coverage, its only serious coverage is Shadow Ball and Ancient Power, an interesting coverage option given its normally meh power. It does have some utility options, namely Pain Split to keep itself healthy and Will-o-wisp to shore up its mediocre physical bulk.

"Thermasorb's outer body is so cold that it drains heat from anything it touches like a vacuum, which is channeled into its fiery core. Extended exposure to its touch is very dangerous, causing cold burns and hypothermia".
"Thermasorb lives a solitary lifestyle on the frigid peaks of mountains, so it is rarely seen. The heat that emits from its fiery inner core causes its habitat to be constantly shrouded in fog".
For Bug/Fighting, I win with Beetilient!
Name: Beetilient
Ability: Shell Armor/Stamina/(Mirror Armor)
Typing:

Stats: 75/110/135/40/70/70 (500 BST)
Weight: 65,4kgs
Relevant Moves: Body Press, Close Combat, Darkest Lariat, Earthquake, Iron Defense, Megahorn, Roost, Seismic Toss, Spikes, Swords Dance, Taunt, Toxic, All Universal TMs
Flavor Moves: Aerial Ace, Body Slam, Brick Break, Brutal Swing, Bug Bite, Bug Buzz, Bulk Up, Bulldoze, Coaching, Curse, Cut, Dig, Double-Edge, Drain Punch, Dynamic Punch, Feint, Flail, Focus Blast, Focus Energy, Focus Punch, Fury Attack, Giga Impact, Hammer Arm, Harden, High Horsepower, Horn Attack, Hyper Beam, Iron Head, Leer, Lunge, Payback, Poison Jab, Power-Up Punch, Revenge, Reversal, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Smart Strike, Stomping Tantrum, Stone Edge, Strength, Struggle Bug, Submission, Superpower, Tackle, Take Down, Trash
Description: Beetilient is a tough beetle with A B S. Anyway, resistances to common physical moves such as U-Turn, Knock Off, Earthquake or Close Combat makes it a great answers to pokemon using these moves and lets it get a Stamina boost. These resistances with Stamina make it very "resilient" on the physical side. Stamina also lets it boost its stab Body Press, making Beetilient surprisingly difficult to switch-into. It's a great answer to pokemon like Magroach, Laopharsi, Jungape, Correept and Cetaidon. Its fairly unique access to Spikes also gives it decent utility that can help make teammates such as Skappa, Storvark or Magroach more threatening. However, Beetilient has some pretty annoying weaknesses. Its special bulk is quite awful, basically forcing it to switch out when faced with any special attacker. This weakness is made even worse when facing special attackers that can switch into its Body Press especially such as Spirox. Its lack of pivoting options makes it a momentum sink meaning you will likely have to risk a double-switch if you don't want your opponent to bring in a strong special attacker for free against it. Regardless, Beetilient's physical bulk makes it a great blanket walls that can cover many of the format's physical attackers.
And for Ground/Psychic, Not_Shiva wins with Cosmole!
Name: Cosmole (Cosmos + Mole)
Name Notes: ty Paulluxx
Ability: Anticipation / Tough Claws / Prism Armor
Typing: Ground / Psychic
Stats: 95 / 80 / 95 / 100 / 110 / 85 (BST:565)
Weight: 55 lb / 24.9 kg
Relevant Moves:
: Drill Run, Zen Headbutt, Fire Punch, Cross Chop, Triple Kick, Shadow Punch, Rapid Spin, U-Turn
: Earth Power, Power Gem, Meteor Beam, Psyshock, Luster Purge, Grass Knot, Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Spacial Rend
: Spikes, Stealth Rock, Rock Polish, Rest, Sleep Talk, Cosmic Power, Calm Mind, Teleport
Flavor Moves:
: Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Wrecker, Smack Down, Bulldoze, Dig, Drill Run, Earthquake, Magnitude, Fissure, Snap Trap
: Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Mud Slap, Scorching Sands, Ancient Power, Confusion, Eerie Spell, Eerie Impulse, Psybeam, Psywave, Synchronoise, Snore, Stored Power, Shock Wave, Charge Beam
: Barrier, Amnesia, Gravity, Magic Coat, Light Screen, Reflect, Psychic Terrain, Mud Sport, Sand Attack, Tar Shot, Wide Guard, Sandstorm
Description: Cosmole is a relatively bulky mon, having decent 95 / 95 / 110 bulk. While it's typing normally isn't a good one defensively, Prism Armor weakening supereffective hits, its own good defensive stats, combined with Cosmic Power make it no easy feat to kill. It's most likely to run a Rapid Spin Pivot set with U-Turn for pivoting and its bulk. A more offensive set could choose to run Rock Polish Meteor Beam, but would be lacking coverage. Another option for an offensive set would be Tough Claws combined with a Choice item or Rock Polish. The last and most gimmicky set is Rest Talk Cosmic Power, allowing Cosmole to become ridiculously bulky and stack up boosts quickly.
Lore: A long time ago, in an era now forgotten, a meteor fell to the earth, holding the key to limitless power and endless danger, Eternatus. After a fierce bout with the heroes, Eternatus once again fell to its long slumber, but the effects of its rampage lingered. Dynamax energy across Galar vastly changed the landscape, along with Drillbur and Excadrill that had gotten affected by it. Fusing with the energy, these Pokemon took new forms in the shape of Cosmole.
Dex Entry 1: The size of the star on Cosmole's head varies from creature to creature, and the bigger the star, the stronger that Cosmole is.
Dex Entry 2: Cosmole's claws aren't that sharp, but a dormant trait from its time as a Drillbur causes them to constantly regrow. Many Cosmole choose to take advantage of this in combat.
Discussion phase is open!

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
thoughts, as usual please don't take any of this for fact

Thermasorb: Pretty cool breaker. Not the fastest out there, and it doesn't have the biggest movepool, but it has just enough for both to compliment its power. Would be stonewalled by Dullaham had it not been for Shadow Ball, which would normally not be great on a mon like this, but it likely doesn't want to run much outside of Fire Blast / Ice Beam / Freeze-Dry so that slot is open anyways. Maybe it'd appreciate Substitute to ease prediction or something? I dunno. Our more general walls are just bulky enough to not be broken by Boots variants, but the matchup isn't fully one-sided either. This further sets the precedent of 100 Speed being a big benchmark, which I know a lot of people have wanted and I don't disagree with that being a good thing to have

Beetilient: My sub was very similar to this, with this mon having less immediate bulk but access to Stamina and Body Press, the latter of which I completely forgot existed when making mine. For that reason, it kinda goes without saying that I like this sub and am glad that it won. This makes for a pretty decent consistent check to jungle monkey while having actual recovery, which sets it apart from Heraleo. On top of this, we don't really have many full-on physical walls, and this was something I had hoped to see with my sub. So yeah, pretty happy here, not much else to say.

Cosmole: It seems that this is an unpopular opinion both according to the Discord and the very polarized votes, but I don't see the appeal to this Pokemon. We had only one other Spikes user in the format before this slate so having more of that is good, its raw defensive stats are nice, and this Pokemon has a great matchup against the scary Nympheral. It will likely struggle against most other Pokemon in the format since Ground/Psychic is not a good defensive typing here, most Pokemon will intrinsically run something super effective against this. Many of them that don't will have some way of severely annoying it as well, like Gencook being able to set up on it and Clavelye exploiting its succeptibility to status. Its role likely will be relegated to a setup spam mon with Stored Power for Screens or a Spikes lead set. But those Stored Power sets would lack initial power and would be exploited by Jungape and Spincaba, and we already have a bunch of leads for the current meta and I'd like to see something more varied. I might just be missing something since I once again am in the clear minority, but I personally don't see the appeal. Maybe someone could explain on the Discord or something.

Thermabsorb: I really like it, seems like a really cool wallbreaker. Obviously, it's locked into boots without amazing hazard support, but I'm not too concerned about that. Sets 100 speed as a benchmark which is good, and ice fire coverage with freeze-dry is really nice. Seems like a fun mon.

Beetilient: I really like it, physical walls are always nice. Has a lot of cool tools and good coverage paired with stabs. Scared of special attackers with this, but that can probably be remedied with AV or hard switches. Not the best remedy, but its there. Really nice.

Cosmole_Yay!.png

Cosmole: Yay! My sub got in. It does have quite a few weaknesses, but the immediate bulk and Prism Armor patch it up. It probably runs a bulky rapid spin pivot set since it has a handy rocks resistance so it can use an item that isn't boots. Also has U-Turn and Teleport for pivoting. Also has the option to keep spikes up throughout the game, which is a relatively unique option. Very happy that my baby got in and looking forward to what he'll do.

Name: Robird (Robot + Bird (wow real creative there))
Ability: Adaptability / No Guard (H: Sturdy)
Typing: Steel / Flying
Stats: 100 / 75 / 95 / 95 / 85 / 70 (520 BST)
Weight: 375.2 kg

Relevant Moves: Explosion, Whirlwind, Heat Wave, Charge Beam, Discharge, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Defog, Roost, Psychic, Stealth Rock, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse
Flavor Moves: Universal TMs, Body Slam, Disable, Double-Edge, Extreme Speed, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Leer, Recycle, Swords Dance, Heat Crash, Shock Wave, Rising Voltage, Thunder Shock, Volt Tackle, Aura Sphere, Detect, Rock Smash, Superpower, Expanding Force, Gravity, Reflect, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Rock Tomb, Curse, Twister, Thief, Autotomize, Iron Defense

Description: Reply with wow if you notice something odd about this sub! Has No Guard Charge Beam, Thunder, Blizzard, & Focus Blast. Can also run Stealth Rock, Roost, & Defog for more defensive sets.

Name: Fountyouth (Youth + Fountain)
Ability: Natural Cure / Water Absorb (H: Dazzling)
Typing: Water / Fairy
Stats: 125 / 10 / 115 / 10 / 115 / 100 (475 BST)
Weight: 210.1 kg

Relevant Moves: Flip Turn, Wish, Protect, Light Screen, Reflect
Flavor Moves: Water Spout, Water Sport, Aqua Ring, Soak, Life Dew, Follow Me, After You, Icy Wind, Heal Pulse, Crafty Shield, Ally Switch, Misty Terrain, Aromatic Mist, Fairy Wind, Water Gun, Heavy Slam

Description: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhhahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahhahahhahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha.

Real Description: A fountain of youth pokemon that has ridiculous stats and a supportive movepool. Also if we ever get a doubles format, this is an amazing support mon.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Pokemon: Fluormingo [fluorescent + flamingo]
Type: Steel / Flying
Ability: Drought
Stats: 72 / 115 / 80 / 50 / 120 / 58
Moves:
Physical: Brave Bird, Dual Wingbeat, Fire Punch, Flare Blitz, Gyro Ball, Iron Head, U-turn, Wild Charge​
Special: Air Slash, Fire Blast, Flash Cannon, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Thunderbolt, Weather Ball​
Status: Defog, Roost, Shift Gear, Swords Dance, Will-O-Wisp​
Description: Sun Setter, Mixed Wall, and Setup Sweeper. Drought is an interesting ability for Steel/Flying types. While it does magnify its Fire-type weakness (which justifies me putting more bulk eheheh), its many resistances (notably to Ground, Flying, and Poison) help it support the Fire- and Grass-types it will presumably support. It basically has all of defensive Corviknight's tools along with Will-O-Wisp, which helps patch its mediocre physical bulk. Additionally, Shift Gear helps this Pokemon sweep despite its low base speed, Drought also helping boost its Fire coverage, which lets it hit Steel-types better. Although it is incompatible with other weather archetypes where it would like to be, like Rain and Sand, its solid typing, bulk, and versatility lets it be a solid pick in and out of weather.

Pokemon: Felipse [feline + eclipse]
Type: Dark / Normal
Abilities: Run Away / Serene Grace
Stats: 80 / 100 / 85 / 150 / 105 / 40
Moves:
Physical: Body Slam, Crush Claw, Knock Off, Night Slash, Play Rough, Sucker Punch​
Special: Dark Pulse, Hyper Voice, Moonblast, Tri Attack​
Description: Offensive Trick Room. It's high offensive stats and solid offensive typing and coverage let it be devastating if it gets the chance to set up Trick Room (which honestly doesn't seem that often but still). It can attempt to cheese past targets with Serene Grace Dark Pulse and Tri Attack, and even has the option to run a physical set with Crush Claw and Sucker Punch.

Last edited:
Name: Mechanaven (Mechanical + Raven)
Ability: Competitive/Download(HA)
Typing: Steel/Flying
Stats: 90/85/110/85/75/105 (550 BST)
Weight: 220.5 kg
Relevant Moves: Air Slash, Heat Wave, Flash Cannon, Hurricane, Energy Ball, Roost, Brave Bird, Toxic, Universal TMs, Drill Peck, Dual Wingbeat, U-Turn, Iron Head, Dark Pulse, Discharge, Thunderbolt, Luster Purge, Power Gem, Signal Beam, Defog
Flavor Moves: Aerial Ace, Metal Claw, Beak Blast, Bulldoze, Cut, Counter, Fly, Dig, Gear Grind, Icy Wind, Round, Smog, Snarl, Overdrive
Description: TBA

Name: Leviastic (Leviathan + Mystic)
Ability: Beast Boost
Typing: Water/Fairy
Stats: 101/79/101/101/109/79 (570 BST)
Weight: 250 kg
Relevant Moves: Moonblast, Energy Ball, Surf, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Universal TMs, Recover, Wish, Shadow Ball, Power Gem, Ice Beam, Defog, Toxic
Flavor Moves: Beat Up, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Magic Coat, Howl, Roar, Steamroller, Crafty Shield, Heal Block, Spirit Break, Relic Song, Strength, Rock Slide

Name: Malegular (Malice + Regular)
Ability: Run Away/Unseen Fist/Strong Jaw (HA)
Typing: Dark/Normal
Stats: 70/105/80/105/70/100 (530 BST)
Weight: 90 kg
Relevant Moves: Fiery Wrath, Dark Pulse, Strength, Howl, Bulk Up. Crunch, Lash Out, Universal TMs, Knock Off, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, U-Turn, Psychic Fangs, Work Up, Moonlight, Drain Punch, Hyper Voice
Flavor Moves: Beat Up, Aerial Ace, Bite, Assurance, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Psych Up, Power Trick, Bulldoze, Dig, Rock Tomb, Submission, Metal Claw, Brick Break

Last edited:
Pokemon: Ufodint
Type: Steel/Flying
Ability: Galvanize (Volt Absorb)
Stats: 80/50/110/115/85/95 (535)
Moves:
Physical:
U-Turn, Nuzzle
Special: Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Air Slash, Hurricane, Energy Ball, Psychic, Hyper Voice
Description: Special Attacker or Electric walling Fly/Steel type. This UFO has a lot of potential to do damage or soak it. Galvanize gives its a nice type trio.

Pokemon: Spiriad
Type: Water/Fairy
Ability: Rain Dish (Magic Bounce)
Stats: 120/100/50/67/103/23 (540)
Moves:
Physical:
Liquidation, Waterfall, Play Rough, Ice Punch, Drain Punch, Close Combat, Knock Off, Thunder Punch
Special: Scald, Moon Blast
Status: Defog, Recover, Shift Gear, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Bulk Up
Description: Slow yet effective and specially defensive, this Neruda can use Bulk Up to patch the weak physical defenses and wields a great STAB combo.

Last edited:
Name: Thecosea (Thecosomata + Sea)
Ability: Swift Swim / (Misty Surge)
Stats: 70 / 75 / 70 / 115 / 140 / 55
Weight: 1.5 kg / 3.3 lb

Relevant Moves (Universal TMs: Yes)
Phys: Flip Turn, Spirit Break
Spec: Blizzard, Dazzling Gleam, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Surf, Terrain Pulse
Status: Acid Armor, Amnesia, Calm Mind, Defog, Moonlight, Wish
Flavor Moves: Aqua Ring, Brine, Bubblebeam, Confuse Ray, Draining Kiss, Hail, Life Dew, Rain Dance, Misty Explosion, Nature Power, Tail Whip, Waterfall, Water Pulse

Flavor: Thecosea is based on a sea butterfly... which contrary to the name, is actually a group of sea snails. Sometimes shelled, sometimes not. Thecosea, which I imagine to look more like this in my head but more Pokémon-like, isn't as firmly shelled as the others. Things are really small. These are not to be confused with sea angels, which is what Manaphy and Phione are based on, but the two are very closely related. As in "the same scientific order of Pteropoda" close.

Description: Thecosea is intended to be a slow but powerful defensive pivot, boasting what would be the highest special defense in the meta thus far if it wins. Its physical movepool is somewhat lacking, but 75 attack is enough for a decent off-stat Flip Turn. It's also got power and a way to boost, but the key here is that its speed here of 55 is quite slow. A boon for a slow pivot, but a bane for its only mild longevity when statuses come into play. Swift Swim can allow a far faster and offensive sweeper, but the current Drizzle user prefers Magic Guard. Setting Misty Terrain for free to null statuses for the field is also an option, but there's not a whole ton of things able to take use of it.
and i'm so sorry for this other sub
Name: Diablovi (Diablo [Spanish for Devil] + Ovi [Latin for Eggshell])
Ability: Shell Armor / Weak Armor / (Flare Boost)
Stats: 60 / 110 / 100 / 105 / 80 / 75
Weight: 50 kg / 110.2 lb

Relevant Moves (Universal TMs: Yes)
Phys: Double-Edge, Explosion, Foul Play, Knock Off, Rapid Spin, Rollout, Sucker Punch, U-Turn
Spec: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Overheat, Scald, Strange Steam, Tri-Attack
Status: Nasty Plot, Shell Smash, Soft-Boiled, Spikes, Switcheroo, Swords Dance, Taunt, Torment, Will-o-Wisp.
Flavor Moves: Beat Up, Brutal Swing, Crafty Shield, Decorate, Payback, Self-Destruct

Flavor: Originally I just said 'Chansey with a knife' as a joke submission for this typing. Then someone said it'd be a deviled egg. Now we're here with a largeish deviled egg Pokémon because I live for stupid ideas. Front and bottom are relatively egg-like, the back-top chunk is gone to show the 'filling', which has little protection from that angle. Also probably has little horns to drive home the 'deviled' part of the joke. Maybe some stick-like legs just so it has some movement beyond rolling.

Description: Click Shell Smash, do big damage. It's a Deviled Egg that approaches you at incredibly high speeds, but also can be stopped right in its tracks by Mach Punch or Vacuum Wave, so I'm not too concerned about Diablovi being the second fastest Smasher after Minior-Core. Held back on the moves a little bit, for better or worse, since this is definitely annoying enough when you consider something like Sash Weak Armor and are suddenly dealing with a +4 speed egg capable of running either offense stat. 75 is kinda slow unboosted, though.

Name: Gargavil (Gargoyle + Evil)
Ability: Mirror Armor / Mold Breaker / Stance Change
Stats(Statue Forme): 75 / 75 / 100 / 75 / 100 / 100 (BST:525)
Stats(Awakened Forme): 75 / 100 / 75 / 100 / 75 / 100 (BST:525)
Weight: 55 lb / 24.9 kg
Relevant Moves: Universal TMs (Yes)
: Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Dual Wingbeat, Earthquake, Crunch, Sucker Punch, U-Turn
: Flash Cannon, Hurricane, Earth Power, Dark Pulse
: King's Shield, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Stealth Rocks, Defog, Roost, Hone Claws, Parting Shot, Taunt
Flavor Moves:
: Iron Tail, Iron Head, Metal Claw, Bulldoze, Dig, Drill Run, Fly, Aerial Ace, Wing Attack, Sky Attack, Sky Drop, Payback, Punishment, Bite, Dragon Claw, Dual Chop, Outrage
: Steel Beam, Scorching Sands, Mud Shot, Mud Slap, Air Slash, Gust, Air Cutter, Snarl
: Metal Sound, Iron Defense, Sand Attack, Snatch, Torment, Thunder Wave
Clarification: Gargavil's starting form may be chosen outside of the teambuilder.
Description: Gargavil has a lot of traits that stand out about it, whether it be its high stats, amazing movepool, a benchmark 100-speed tier, and forme-changing. Let's go over the possibilities. Statue forme has decent 75/100/100 bulk with solid recovery in Roost and a boatload of utility with Stealth Rocks, Defog, Parting Shot, and more. With pivoting, hazards and hazard removal, and more, Statue forme is a solid wall and pivot. Awakened forme is on the complete other end of the spectrum with 115/115 offenses and a boosting move in Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. Combining the physical set with Tough Claws for a free Life Orb boost or Mirror Armor to dissuade Intimidate mons is amazing, and special sets still threaten out a lot of mons with +2 Hurricanes. Stance Chance sets are most likely to run sets akin to Aegislash, with Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Bullet Punch, and King's Shield.
Lore: On a dark night with the moon bright in the sky, shadowy figures dance upon the rooftops of buildings, taunting those below them. Gargavil rampage around cities at night, stealing food and knick-knacks, pranking unaware wanderers, and making mischief all around. During the day, they take on a statuesque appearance and rest so they have enough energy to cause mischief the following night.
Dex Entry 1: During the day, Gargavil take on a statuesque appearance and remember those who damage their statue to prank them at midnight.
Dex Entry 2: Long, long ago, a Gargavil saved a human princess, and gained the favor of the queen. This Gargavil was given a shiny new coat of paint and served the kingdom.

Last edited:
Sorry for the upcoming -100% creativity.
Name: Liramuza
Typing: Water / Fairy
Stats: 97 / 101 / 103 /107 / 101 / 61 [BST: 570]
Weight: 46 kg
Relevant Moves: Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, Bulk Up, Knock Off, Liquidation, Parting Shot, Play Rough
Flavor Moves: Azumarill + Obstagoon movepool
Description: Can setup with Bulk Up or even Belly Drum. Can pivot with Parting Shot. Also has a wide movepool to abuse around.
Name: Aleetselec
Ability: Reckless / Guts | Defiant
Stats: 93 / 90 / 101 / 60 / 81 / 95 [BST: 520]
Weight: 28.5 kg
Relevant Moves: Acrobatics, Flame Charge, Iron Head, Knock Off, Leech Seed, Power-Up Punch, Protect, Substitute, Toxic
Flavor Moves: Celesteela + Azumarill movepool
Description: Viable at Offensive and Stall. Can setup with Flame Charge and/or Power-Up Punch. And can stall with SubSeed + Toxic.
Name: Noogatsbo
Ability: Thick Fat / Huge Power | Sap Sipper
Typing: Dark / Normal
Stats: 100 / 50 / 80 / 60 / 80 / 50 [BST: 420]
Weight: 999.9 kg
Relevant Moves: Body Press, Bulk Up, Close Combat, Double-Edge, Explosion, Heavy Slam, Knock Off
Flavor Moves: Obstagoon + Celesteela movepool
Description: Got OHKO by any Low Kick. Abuse around Huge Power. Can setup with Bulk Up. Also has Body Press and/or CC to hit Steel.

Bascudash2.png(Note: Will not be this exact sprite, but Fuscicea's sprite will have a similar design to my Bascudash sprite)
Name: Fuscicea (Fu Manchu + Piscine + Panacea)
Ability: Natural Cure / Adaptability [HA]
Typing:

Stats: 65/80/75/95/90/105 [510 BST]
Weight: 16.0 kg
Relevant Moves:
: Aqua Tail, Flip Turn, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Liquidation, Play Rough, Stone Edge, Wild Charge, Zen Headbutt
: Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Moonblast, Psychic, Scald, Surf
: Calm Mind, Heal Bell, Swords Dance
Flavor Moves: Universal TMs, Aqua Ring, Chip Away, Dazzling Gleam, Dive, Double Hit, Headbutt, Healing Wish, Last Resort, Life Dew, Purify, Quick Attack, Rain Dance, Scale Shot, Splash, Swift, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Water Sport, Waterfall, Whirlpool
Description: Fuscicea is based on the Fu Manchu Lionfish, whose scales and mustache, instead being incredibly poisonous, is said to be able to cure various ailments. This handsome mustache fish is designed around being a mixed set up wallbreaker, who can alter between two main playstyles. Its physical sets are more offensively oriented, running Swords Dance alongside Adaptability-boosted Liquidation/Aqua Tail/Aqua Jet, Play Rough, alongside one other coverage move. Meanwhile, its special sets are a bit more defensively oriented, opting to boost its special defense as well. This is complimented by its overall higher special-attacking stat and its decent special defense.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
UUPL Champion
Name: Abelve
Stats: 79/89/83/127/139/53 (570 BST)
Weight: 8.5kgs
Relevant Moves: Calm Mind, Energy Ball, Heal Bell, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Misty Explosion, Moonblast, Psychic, Recover, Scald, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Trick, Trick Room, All Universal TMs
Flavor Moves: After You, Ally Switch, Aqua Jet, Aqua Ring, Baby-Doll Eyes, Blizzard, Brine, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Charm, Covet, Dazzling Gleam, Disarming Voice, Dive, Draining Kiss, Fake Tears, Flash, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, Hail, Helping Hand, Hyper Beam, Icy Wind, Life Dew, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Misty Terrain, Muddy Water, Play Rough, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Safeguard, Solar Beam, Surf, Swift, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Whirlpool
Description: Remember how Nympheral was an Ultra Beast representing the solid state of matter? Well Abelve is liquid. With its huge special defense stat and recover, it becomes a sturdy special blanket wall. This special bulk paired with potential Scald burns can make it quite dangerous to take out. However, its utility as a straight up wall is limited to Heal Bell and maybe Thunder Wave, which aren't bad but aren't quite as important as something like Stealth Rock or Defog. However, Abelve's high special attack stat, good coverage and access to Trick Room can also make it a threatening offensive Trick Room user. It could also make use of Misty Explosion to give another Trick Room abuser a safe switch after setting it up. Overall, Abelve is a great blanket special wall and can also be used for Trick Room.

Name: Sci-Fly
Ability: Analytic/Light Metal/(Download)
Typing: Steel/Flying
Stats: 74/56/105/89/74/122 (520 BST)
Weight: 23,4kgs
Relevant Moves: Air Slash, Calm Mind, Defog, Flash Cannon, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Psychic, Roost, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, U-Turn, All Universal TMs
Flavor Moves: Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, Agility, Autotomize, Brave Bird, Charge, Charge Beam, Discharge, Dual Wingbeat, Eerie Impulse, Electric Terrain, Fly, Giga Impact, Growl, Gust, Hyper Beam, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Metal Burst, Metal Sound, Mirror Shot, Peck, Pluck, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Shock Wave, Sky Attack, Steel Beam, Steel Wing, Swift, Tailwind, Thunder, Twister, Wing Attack, Zap Cannon
Description: Sci-Fly is a small mechanical bird with multiple tools to understand and learn about its environment, making it an AI that acts very similarly to most other pokemon. When it comes to competitive, Sci-Fly's high speed is its most important trait and can be used both offensively or defensively. Its decent physical bulk and great defensive typing can let it take on physically offensive threats like Jungape or Laopharsi. It has access to the utility moves it would want to fill that role, notably, Defog, Roost, Thunder Wave or U-Turn. However, despite its mediocre attacking stats, Sci-Fly has access to some nice tools if it wants to be a good special attacker, notably solid coverage, Calm Mind as well as Download and Analytic. Analytic may seem like a strange option because of its high speed and it probably isn't amazing, but it's a consistent 30% damage boost to switching opponents, which is an advantage when compared to Download which has a chance to boost Sci-Fly's lower attack instead. Download is probably still its best ability though, as it's quite strong at +1 spatk and can even start using Calm Mind to stack up boosts. Speaking of Calm Mind, Sci-Fly makes great use of it thanks to its high speed, decent physical bulk and Toxic immunity. This gives it the chance to set muliple up and sweep. So I've highlighted many of Sci-Fly's strengths, but what actually counters it? Well the most obvious answer are electric types. Pokemon like Storvark or Whiscamp don't have to fear much from it and can hit it quite hard with their electric stab. Fire types like Fluxtape or Thermasorb can also be threats to it, obviously. In many cases, a pokemon with good special bulk that can also hit it decently hard on the special side such as Fire Blast Clavelye or Flamethrower Resonake should match up well against it. However, Calm Mind sets are always a threat so keep options like Haze or Whirlwind ready. Overall, Sci-Fly is a decent defensive option and a dangerous offensive threat due to its many tools.

Last edited:
IMG_5849.png
unnamed-2.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg

Pokémon: Hawsler (Hawk + Besler Steam Plane)
Abilities: Steam Engine / (Heavy Metal)
Typing:

Base Stats: 89 HP / 90 Atk / 110 Def / 85 SpA / 95 SpD / 51 Spe
Moves:
U-Turn, Brave Bird, Dual Wingbeat, Iron Head, Heavy Slam, Heat Crash, Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Body Press
Aeroblast, Hurricane, Air Slash, Flash Cannon, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Earth Power
Roost, Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Spikes, Defog, Iron Defense, Substitute
Peck, Steel Wing, Fly, Tackle, Double-Edge, Flame Charge, Assurance, Sky Attack, Facade
Gust, Twister, Steel Beam, Round, Snore, Swift, Hyper Beam
Hone Claws, Protect, Rest, Sleep Talk, Attract, Metal Sound, Fake Tears, Reflect, Light Screen, Tailwind, Sand Attack, Screech, Scary Face, Double Team, Swagger
Intended Roles: Physical Wall / Mixed Wall / Utility
Description: Hawsler would work as a mixed (but mostly physical) wall. It also has decent attacking stats that could potentially help support teams. It works well utilizing moves like Roost, Spikes, U-Turn, Defog, Body Press, etc. Its ability Steam Engine gives it potential to punish opposing fire coverage and Water-type moves. Heavy Metal, on the other hand, would make Heavy Slam and Heat Crash more reliable moves. It also has a range of coverage options that can widen its scope of use.
306105171.jpg
99728-48058ee2b74f3ea5c20975007f262db9.jpg.png
IE3mi.jpg

Hawsler is based on the concept of biomimicry. Biomimicry can be defined as the design and production of materials, structures, and systems that are modeled on biological entities and processes. A common example of biomimicry with planes happen when engineers design aircrafts that are inspired by birds and sharks to make them lighter and more fuel efficient. I thought this would be an interesting way to conceptualize a Steel/Flying-type bird. I wanted to combine this concept with the ability Steam Engine, so I also based it on the Besler Steam Plane. The Besler Steam Plane is commonly known as the first plane with a steam engine to achieve full sustained flight. In general, a steam engine powered hawk/plane is what I was planning on for the concept of Hawsler.

California-Kingsnake2.jpg
IMG_5859.png
IMG_5860.png

Pokémon: Slashowa (Slash + Show + Boa)
Abilities: Soundproof / Technician / Punk Rock
Typing:

Base Stats: 70 HP / 55 Atk / 70 Def / 115 SpA / 65 SpD / 115 Spe
Moves:
Knock Off, Double Edge, Close Combat, Gunk Shot, U-turn
Hyper Voice, Fiery Wrath, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat
Calm Mind, Parting Shot, Taunt, Substitute, Glare, Toxic, Heal Bell
Bite, Crunch, Tackle, Wrap, Lick, Iron Tail, Lash Out, Night Slash
Snore, Round, Uproar, Swift, Grass Knot
Tail Whip, Coil, Switcheroo, Attract, Protect, Rest, Sleep Talk, Perish Song, Swagger, Encore, Rest, Sleep Talk, Safeguard, Fake Tears, Focus Energy, Scary Face, Work Up
Intended roles: Special Wallbreaker / Special Setup Sweeper / Choice Specs
Description: Slashowa would work as a fast special wallbreaker and setup sweeper. It could potentially set up with Calm Mind, or use Choice Specs to add on to its wall breaking potential. With Punk Rock, Hyper Voice become a much better move without drawbacks other than the fact that it doesn’t have a very good offensive typing. It also gets access to Fiery Wrath which would essentially just work as a slightly stronger Dark Pulse. While Slashowa only has an decent special attacking stat, its abilities and movepool options help make it a stronger wallbreaker.
Guns-N-Roses-GettyImages-1201731181.png
4d4e0bf81309a94b57bbe7f1fb36ef1a.png
eba13cf09a29a99fb40ac6ce2dba80eb.jpg

Slashowa is based on Slash (Saul Hudson) who is the lead guitarist of the band Guns N’ Roses! Slash is also known for loving reptiles and has been keeping snakes since the age of 11, so that's what Slashowa’s design would be based on. I chose to go down this route to sort of continue the theme behind Obstagoon (as Obstagoon has a very similar appearance to Gene Simmons from Kiss). Obstagoon and Slashowa would be rivals in the Pokémon world.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
UUPL Champion
The following submissions are vetoed and will have to be changed to be allowed when the voting phase starts in 24 hours.

Name: Leviastic (Leviathan + Mystic)
Stats: 101/61/101/101/127/79 (570 BST)
Weight: 250 kg
Relevant Moves: Moonblast, Energy Ball, Surf, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Universal TMs, Recover, Wish, Shadow Ball, Power Gem, Ice Beam, Defog, Toxic
Flavor Moves: Beat Up, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Magic Coat, Howl, Roar, Steamroller, Crafty Shield, Heal Block, Spirit Break, Relic Song, Strength, Rock Slide
This is too bulky overall for something with reliable recovery. I would recommend lowering its overall bulk or make one of its defensive stat a lot lower than the other. (Sidenote from Mossy specifically, when making Ultra Beasts, you shouldn't minmax at all unless it has a bad typing. In this case, I would have given it a good attack stat even if it won't use it because 570 BST is a lot to work with if it includes minmaxing.)

Name: Malegular (Malice + Regular)
Ability: Run Away/Unseen Fist/Strong Jaw (HA)
Stats: 70/105/80/105/70/110 (540 BST)
Weight: 90 kg
Relevant Moves: Fiery Wrath, Dark Pulse, Strength, Howl, Bulk Up. Crunch, Lash Out, Universal TMs, Knock Off, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, U-Turn, Psychic Fangs, Work Up, Moonlight, Drain Punch
Flavor Moves: Beat Up, Aerial Ace, Bite, Assurance, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Psych Up, Power Trick, Bulldoze, Dig, Rock Tomb, Submission, Metal Claw, Brick Break
This is mostly fine, but you should lower its speed by around 10 points, its a bit too fast for a pokemon with Strong Jaw+Stab Crunch.

Pokemon: Ufodint
Ability: Sheer Force/Galvanize (Volt Absorb)
Stats: 80/50/120/115/85/90 (540)
Moves:
Physical:
U-Turn, Nuzzle
Special: Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Air Slash, Hurricane, Flamethrower, Fireblast, Energy Ball, Psychic, Hyper Voice
Description: Special Attacker or Electric walling Fly/Steel type. This UFO has a lot of potential to do damage or soak it.
If you want to keep Sheer Force balanced, you should lower its spatk by 15-20 points. Furthermore, I think you should either remove Calm Mind or lower its physical bulk, since its type is perfectly suited for a Calm Mind sweeper and its stats are too optimized for that role.

IMG_5849.png
unnamed-2.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg

Pokémon: Hawsler (Hawk + Besler Steam Plane)
Abilities: Steam Engine / (Heavy Metal)
Typing:

Base Stats: 89 HP / 90 Atk / 110 Def / 85 SpA / 95 SpD / 51 Spe
Moves:
U-Turn, Brave Bird, Dual Wingbeat, Iron Head, Heavy Slam, Heat Crash, Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Knock Off, Body Press
Aeroblast, Hurricane, Air Slash, Flash Cannon, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Earth Power
Roost, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Spikes, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, Defog, Taunt, Iron Defense, Substitute
Peck, Steel Wing, Fly, Tackle, Double-Edge, Flame Charge, Assurance, Sky Attack, Facade
Gust, Twister, Steel Beam, Round, Snore, Swift, Hyper Beam
Hone Claws, Protect, Rest, Sleep Talk, Attract, Metal Sound, Fake Tears, Reflect, Light Screen, Tailwind, Sand Attack, Screech, Scary Face, Double Team, Swagger
Intended Roles: Physical Wall / Mixed Wall / Utility
Description: Hawsler would work as a mixed (but mostly physical) wall. It also has decent attacking stats that could potentially help support teams. It works well utilizing moves like Roost, Knock Off, Spikes, U-Turn, Defog, Taunt, Toxic, Body Press, etc. Its ability Steam Engine gives it potential to punish opposing fire coverage and Water-type moves. Heavy Metal, on the other hand, would make Heavy Slam and Heat Crash more reliable moves. It also has a range of coverage options that can widen its scope of use.
306105171.jpg
99728-48058ee2b74f3ea5c20975007f262db9.jpg.png
IE3mi.jpg

Hawsler is based on the concept of biomimicry. Biomimicry can be defined as the design and production of materials, structures, and systems that are modeled on biological entities and processes. A common example of biomimicry with planes happen when engineers design aircrafts that are inspired by birds and sharks to make them lighter and more fuel efficient. I thought this would be an interesting way to conceptualize a Steel/Flying-type bird. I wanted to combine this concept with the ability Steam Engine, so I also based it on the Besler Steam Plane. The Besler Steam Plane is commonly known as the first plane with a steam engine to achieve full sustained flight. In general, a steam engine powered hawk/plane is what I was planning on for the concept of Hawsler.
Similar to Dilasc's submission, this has a bit too much physical bulk to be balanced with Calm Mind. It also seems to have too much utility between U-Turn, Knock Off, Spikes, Toxic, Wisp, Defog, Taunt and every form of setup. I'd recommend toning these options down a bit.

California-Kingsnake2.jpg
IMG_5859.png
IMG_5860.png

Pokémon: Slashowa (Slash + Show + Boa)
Abilities: Soundproof / Technician / Punk Rock
Typing:

Base Stats: 90 HP / 55 Atk / 95 Def / 115 SpA / 80 SpD / 120 Spe
Moves:
Knock Off, Double Edge, Close Combat, Gunk Shot, U-turn
Hyper Voice, Fiery Wrath, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat
Calm Mind, Parting Shot, Taunt, Substitute, Glare, Toxic, Heal Bell
Bite, Crunch, Tackle, Wrap, Lick, Iron Tail, Lash Out, Night Slash
Snore, Round, Uproar, Swift, Grass Knot
Tail Whip, Coil, Switcheroo, Attract, Protect, Rest, Sleep Talk, Perish Song, Swagger, Encore, Rest, Sleep Talk, Safeguard, Fake Tears, Focus Energy, Scary Face, Work Up
Intended roles: Special Wallbreaker / Special Setup Sweeper / Choice Specs
Description: Slashoa would work as a fast special wallbreaker and setup sweeper. It could potentially set up with Calm Mind, or use Choice Specs to add on to its wall breaking potential. With Punk Rock, Hyper Voice become a much better move without drawbacks other than the fact that it doesn’t have a very good offensive typing. It also gets access to Fiery Wrath which would essentially just work as a slightly stronger Dark Pulse. While Slashoa only has an decent special attacking stat, its abilities and movepool options help make it a stronger wallbreaker.
Guns-N-Roses-GettyImages-1201731181.png
4d4e0bf81309a94b57bbe7f1fb36ef1a.png
eba13cf09a29a99fb40ac6ce2dba80eb.jpg

Slashowa is based on Slash (Saul Hudson) who is the lead guitarist of the band Guns N’ Roses! Slash is also known for loving reptiles and has been keeping snakes since the age of 11, so that's what Slashowa’s design would be based on. I chose to go down this route to sort of continue the theme behind Obstagoon (as Obstagoon has a very similar appearance to Gene Simmons from Kiss). Obstagoon and Slashowa would be rivals in the Pokémon world.
This is too bulky and powerful for its speed tier and coverage. For reference, Skappa is a very dangerous special attacker in this format with similar coverage and offensive stats but no damage boosting abilities and far lower bulk (60/75/70). I would recommend lowering its bulk by quite a bit as well as its speed by a small amount, though you could also go for a slower bulkier approach which would be fine too.

You have 24 hours to fix these. Submissions end and voting starts in 24 hours.

Last edited:
Name: Staixie (Star+Pixie)
Ability: Hydration/Illuminate/(HA:Shell Armour)
Type: Water/Fairy
Weight: 5.12 lbs
Stats: 110/60/90/125/55/35
Relevant Moves: AUM, Liquidation, Hydro Pump, Scald, Flip Turn, Surf, Moonlight, Calm Mind, Play Rough, Spirit Break, Dazzling Gleam, Ice Beam, Icicle Crash, Triple Axel, Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Wish
Flavor Moves: Rain Dance, Water Gun, Blizzard, Water Pulse, Zap Cannon, Icy Wind, Misty Explosion, Dive, Rapid Spin, Healing Wish, Trick Room, Soak, Misty Terrain
Flavor: Staixie live in the depths of the ocean, their glow illuminating the area around them. They are rarely seen, but when they are, everyone comes to watch its mesmerizing movements.
Summary: ignore this

Name: Mehanrib (Mechanical+Brib)
Ability: Heavy Metal/Motor Drive/(HA: Technician)
Weight: 1,024.13 lbs
Stats: 90/110/90/60/80/65
Relevant Moves: Gear Grind, Shift Gear, Heavy Slam, Aerial Ace, Roost, Beak Blast, Dual Wingbeat, Wild Charge, Heat Crash, Bulldoze, Bullet Punch
Flavor Moves: Steel Wing, Rock Tomb, Spark, Thunderbolt, Metal Sound, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Autotomize, Heavy Slam, Smart Strike, Steel Beam, Steel Roller, Gust, Fly, Tailwind
Flavor: Mehanrib was crafted long ago by a blacksmith as a flightless metal bird, but eventually learned how to glide on the air currents. Nowadays, they live on the peaks of mountains.
Summary: Mehanrib can use Shift Gear to set up and then use Technician boosted DWB and Gear Grind to deal lots of damage.

Name: Clichvil (Cliche+Villain)
Ability: Emergency Exit/Pickpocket/(HA: Competitive)
Type: Normal/Dark
Weight: 96.3 lbs
Stats: 95/65/90/110/85/90
Relevant Moves: AUM, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Hyper Voice, Agility, Taunt, Switcheroo, Focus Blast
Flavor Moves: Fake Out, Crunch, Foul Play, Throat Chop, Grudge, Knock Off, Feint, Retaliate, Counter, Mirror Coat, Lash Out, Mean Look
Flavor: Cliche comic book villain with a LARGE MOUSTACHE
Summary: evil chuckle

If you want to keep Sheer Force balanced, you should lower its spatk by 15-20 points. Furthermore, I think you should either remove Calm Mind or lower its physical bulk, since its type is perfectly suited for a Calm Mind sweeper and its stats are too optimized for that role.
I have lowered the Defense by 10, and removed both Sheer Force and CM.

: Mossy Sandwich’s Sci-Fly, zxgzxg’s Fluormingo, Lapzaplerq’s Aleetselec
: Spiderpig2398's Thecosea, Rasdanation's Fuscicea, Eeveegirl1380’s Staixie
: Eeveegirl1380’s Clichvil, zxgzxg’s Felipse, Spiderpig2398's Diablovi

: Gargavil (Not_Shiva), Aleetselec (Laplazerq), Sci-Fly (Mossy Sandwich)
: Fuscicea (Rasdanation), Staixie (EeveeGirl1380), Thecosea (Spiderpig2398)
: Diablovi (Spiderpig2398), Felipse (zxgzxg), Slashowa (JosJet),

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)