Project SS OU Teambuilding Lab [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Requesting hdb volcanion
:volcanion: :weavile: :ferrothorn: :melmetal: :garchomp: :tornadus-therian: >>click<<

it took me like 2-3 days to get out a boots Volcanion build i didn't think was horrible so I hope you appreciate the result :smogduck:

:volcanion: does your opponent have a Gking or a Blissey? then this will be your workhorse. This pokemon gets ample oppurtunity for entry on a hell of alotta pokemon, thanks to its ability and defensive typing, and its stabs are ridiculously hard to switch around w/ hazards up.
:weavile: its a weavile u know what this does.
:Ferrothorn: secondary water resist because getting owned by Urshi and Rain off of one mispredict sucks. Primary check against other weaviles due to Iron Barbs and the brunt of ur hail MU. Fini isnt a threat here at all so power whip is unnecessary, but you can run steel move if you value chunking it, Clef, and other Torns more.
:Melmetal: entirely Curi's idea. Originally had a Lele and it was kind of awkward and made the Weav MU bad. The set is, coincidentally, also theirs. 2hkoing Corv and Pex after lefties 100% of the time. U dont really need pads here with how impossible it is to maintain helm vs Weav Ferro.
:Garchomp: obligatory 2nd heatran check every team short of offense needs and the ground of choice with Koko being handled by Ferro admirably. Decent rocker, great check to a bunch of mons like Bisharp and Volcarona, and the best anti Zera ground period. Protect lefties never dies so u don't really have to worry about much.
:tornadus-therian: Taunt torn means hazards pretty much never go away and it also means this team isn't solod by Tspikes+Electric. main Kart check and general fighting resist. pretty much everything that checks this dumb mon is abused by Melm or Volcanion so U-turn is pretty much perpetually free.

threat
:tornadus-therian: its really just this but if its Toxic Heat Wave Defog you might as well que for another game because good luck LOL. Melm+Garchomp will be ur savior but its still ruff bc teams with this set tend to be dual defog fats with Kyurem.

i’d really appreciate if you could make me a team that accommodates the rules of singles ranked ladder (item clause, their unique bans). a bulky offense team around heatran, landorus-T and urshifu-R would be great :)

Could I request a team with Subsititute Acid Armor Melmetal? It seemed like a fun mon but i didn't know what to do with it. Everything else about the set is up to the builder. Also would like to thank the people running this thread, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

romanji

/ᐠ - ˕ -マ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:ss/kartana:

Kartana @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Filler

I would love to have a bulky offense team built around Timid Kartana, as I haven’t used it and I want to see if it is really A+ with this set.

Last edited:
Hi! I was just wondering about the status of my team that I have requested. No need to rush I just wanted to know if my request was valid. But if my team lacks to much you could always takeout Kommo-o and just have mamoswine in. But anyways thanks again.

I was wondering about the status of my team too! I just want to know if it has been seen and if it was also valid. Stall is pretty hard to build in this meta, so that’s really awesome if you’re building it; thanks so much!

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
dd haxorus pls
Here’s the team: :haxorus::dragapult::magnezone::landorus-therian::melmetal::tapu-fini:
First of all, yes I did see you requested DD haxorus but SD scale shot accomplishes the same thing but much better damage output. You can immediately ohko clef and many threats after a +2. While dd does allow u to get immediate speed, it’s damage pales in comparison!

Classic dragmag core of :haxorus: :dragapult: and :magnezone:. Zone traps steels and birds, the dragons go brr. Pretty self explanatory.

:landorus-therian: as the rocker and zera check which could be a big threat to this team. Normal gem boom also blows back many common switchins such as opposing lando and unaware clef.

:tapu-fini: as ur weavile and shifu switchin while providing extra speed control with the scarf variant. Trick can also cripple many fat mons such as pex and clef.

Lastly AV :melmetal: as the sponge to just check many common threats to cores like this such as specs pult and scarf lele. Also annoys the hell out of clefable.

TLDR: Trap steels, chip down on clef and pex. Dragons go brr, win before opposing pult/lele/zera chips your core down!

i want to request a team built around mamoswine.
hello could I request something like an old school Dragmag team? I really want a structure of magnezone + mamoswine + dragons. sorry if the request is too specific and thank you in advance
Really sorry for the wait, but here is the team: :Mamoswine: :Magnezone: :Garchomp: :Dragonite: :Dragapult: :Melmetal: (Click the sprites for the import)
This team is an offense built around Band Mamoswine, Magnezone and a lot of Dragon-types.
Band Mamoswine is very strong, being able to KO a lot of the metagame and providing a way to stop opposing Dragonite and Garchomp sweeps.
Magnezone traps Steel Types like Corviknight and Ferrothorn to help Mamoswine break through opposing teams.
Garchomp is the Stealth Rock setter of the team and provides another Electric-type immunity. With its mixed set it can help to weaken Pokémon like Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Scizor and Slowbro.
Both Dragonite and Dragaput are good win conditions with their Dragon Dance set. Dragonite can check opposing Urshifu-R and Heatran, while Dragapult can sacrifice itself to Clefable using Grudge to get rid of its Moonblast.
Melmetal finishes the the team, being able to deal with Fairy-types and improving the Weavile match ups.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I'd like to request a bulky dragonite in a rain team, with roost, hurricane and thunder.
:Pelipper::Ferrothorn::Clefable::Seismitoad::Kingdra::Dragonite: -- click for import

This one is a little bizarre set-wise, but that is what you have to do to make special Rain Dragonite thrive. 4A physical Focus Punch Seismitoad is a great way to force some KOs on common Dragonite and Kingdra checks as well as Defoggers, opening the game up for Ferrothorn as well. Clefable is there to provide safe entry and healing while Kingdra can serve as a Rain revenge killer and breaker. Of course, you can opt to go with Barraskewda over Kingdra for more consistent speed, but then I would opt for a specially oriented Seismitoad, which has less direct synergy with Dragonite. Hope this helps and lmk if you have any questions.

Here’s the team: :haxorus::dragapult::magnezone::landorus-therian::melmetal::tapu-fini:
First of all, yes I did see you requested DD haxorus but SD scale shot accomplishes the same thing but much better damage output. You can immediately ohko clef and many threats after a +2. While dd does allow u to get immediate speed, it’s damage pales in comparison!

Classic dragmag core of :haxorus: :dragapult: and :magnezone:. Zone traps steels and birds, the dragons go brr. Pretty self explanatory.

:landorus-therian: as the rocker and zera check which could be a big threat to this team. Normal gem boom also blows back many common switchins such as opposing lando and unaware clef.

:tapu-fini: as ur weavile and shifu switchin while providing extra speed control with the scarf variant. Trick can also cripple many fat mons such as pex and clef.

Lastly AV :melmetal: as the sponge to just check many common threats to cores like this such as specs pult and scarf lele. Also annoys the hell out of clefable.

TLDR: Trap steels, chip down on clef and pex. Dragons go brr, win before opposing pult/lele/zera chips your core down!
Gee thanks a lot!

Really sorry for the wait, but here is the team: :Mamoswine: :Magnezone: :Garchomp: :Dragonite: :Dragapult: :Melmetal: (Click the sprites for the import)
This team is an offense built around Band Mamoswine, Magnezone and a lot of Dragon-types.
Band Mamoswine is very strong, being able to KO a lot of the metagame and providing a way to stop opposing Dragonite and Garchomp sweeps.
Magnezone traps Steel Types like Corviknight and Ferrothorn to help Mamoswine break through opposing teams.
Garchomp is the Stealth Rock setter of the team and provides another Electric-type immunity. With its mixed set it can help to weaken Pokémon like Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Scizor and Slowbro.
Both Dragonite and Dragaput are good win conditions with their Dragon Dance set. Dragonite can check opposing Urshifu-R and Heatran, while Dragapult can sacrifice itself to Clefable using Grudge to get rid of its Moonblast.
Melmetal finishes the the team, being able to deal with Fairy-types and improving the Weavile match ups.
Tysm this looks really cool and fun to use

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
The teams that come out of here are consistently heater so I have faith in this req: can I get smth with SD Superpower Sciz? Preferably balance or BO but HO is alright too

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
:hatterene::porygon2::dhelmise::melmetal::cresselia::marowak alola:
https://pokepast.es/87d99415b822425f

Sorry for the wait. Here's the team. TR is Hatterenes strongest niche so I chose that over CM. Basic premise is lead hatt unless you see a melmetal and healing wish/Misty explosion the next turn and punch holes with one of your 3 breakers. Use p2 and cress as pivots to set up TR again and hope you win before all your mons die.

TR builds are pretty standard, but i chose dhelmise here over golurk or crawdaunt to not autolose to urshifu (both of those are perfectly viable to use if you want). It's still strong af and can trap in very niche scenarios if you want. Keeping a healing wish in the back can make or break a game, so be careful about switching in chipped mons or hazards when you're trying to position a receiver for hw.

Have fun with the team
Thx for this fun team! Anyways....
I'd like to request a team around Sub Lando + An URed mon which I'd like to say but idk if I'm allowed to request it.

TheSergio235

Banned deucer.
I would like a team arround scarf/specs chandelure (I personaly prefer scarf). Thanks beforehand!!!

Last edited:

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Requesting a team around defensive Zapdos please. Only request I guess is that I don't want a Clefable. Thanks in advance!

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Open yey!!! I wanna request a team build around Xatu, since it seems super interesting.
On top of that I never saw a team with Xatu in it, so I'd love to see one from here. Thanks! :xatu:
:shedinja::xatu::corviknight::toxapex::clefable::hippowdon:(click sprites for import)
More shed stall from me!! I had built this team mostly inspired by a joke concept, but after testing and realizing that it's broken, I'm ready to share it with you. Xatu and Corviknight are here to ensure that hazards never ever go up (Xatu vs Heatran, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Hippowdon, and other defensive setters while Corviknight takes care of Landorus-T primarily). This frees up Shedinja's item slot for Safety Goggles, meaning you shit on hail!! Except when there's a fucking Shadow Ball Specs Glaceon Gomi

The rest of the team is a pretty basic stall core - I wanted Hippowdon as last to counter the inherent weakness of Shedinja structures vs Zeraora as well as provide Stealth Rock in case I run into a scary choiced Blacephalon or Weavile. Block + Spite Toxapex alongside Xatu seals the deal vs other defensive teams while serving as a nice pivot, forcing offensive Pokemon out and absorbing Shadow Balls while the rest of the team does most of the defensive heavy lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)