Metagame SCL I LC Discussion

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LilyAC vs dcae: I am a fan of both players. I think Lily will a better read on the metagame and bring a more creative team this week, but it is always difficult to predict against the guy who is likely to invent the next great LC cheese team. Closest match of the week.
KSG vs daunt vs: Both are similar playwise, but crawdaunt voltswitch has the better support. Having serene support is greater than people imagine becuz you also get the exclusive femboy support.
Toadow vs Boulicrok: They both have similar support (Xizaaa + Expulso vs pdt + tazz), but I have not seen Toadow play SS in recent times. He's always a dangerous opponent, but Bouli is more SS ready in his current form.
teal6 vs Laroxyl: Teal will outperform his 10th ranking, but this is gonna be a rough start. Its gonna take some time to learn LC, and he is doing so this time without the usual starmaster support. For week 1, building is gonna be a bigger factor than usual, and Laro is gonna surely use this to his advantage to finesse the matchup.
kythr vs Wail Wailord: kythr is coming in great form, and I dont see him going less than 7-2. A brand new metagame is always gonna favor the superior builder, and his creativity cannot be understated. Wail is coming in a worser form than previous snake(and tilted) and is the person most likely after Heysup to bring Shelmet to a game.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
LilyAC vs dcae - lily's been off form lately a bit, struggling to a 5-4 record in LCPL with a fuckton of games that were just cheese fests. shes obviously proven many times that she can win without cheese, but the frequency at which she has used it makes me wonder how comfortable she'll be in building in the post-webs / scrag meta.(**note -- lily did tell me this is wrong and she only cheesed one game. i am lazy and will keep it tho) this is also a valid question for dcae, whose lcpl teams were built by Lily. he did go 7-2 though, which is a stronger recent lcpl record even if you count the loss to ho3n as double because he was using a Meowth. since they're both very comparable players i'll favor dcae's recent strength + ninadog/tko support; i never thought that highly of ninjadog/tko until this LC open, where they both made very strong runs to win and finish top6 respectively. lots of support, hopefully that pays off wk1 even tho neither ninja/tko strike me as... THAT much of a builder

KSG vs daunt vs - dvs was 5-0 at a point in lcpl and then fell to 6-3, i feel like he's very up-and-down as a player and idt he had that crazy a playing ceiling when he was in his groove? dont get me wrong he 100% deserves to be here but i feel like this isnt the best time for him. he also seems more likely to be affected by debut game nerves, tho this is pure conjecture by me. id feel more comfortable w KSG in this game, tho i do think people have rushed a bit to praise his play; can he reliably outplay experienced opponents or does he mostly rely on preparing well? look forward to seeing both players answer this question this season.

Toadow vs Boulicrok - teammate! go foxes.

teal6 vs Laroxyl - the lc knowledge gap is probably too much to surmount wk1 ... even tho laro could def play shaky in his debut i dont see him outright choking/throwing

kythr vs Wail Wailord - kythr's been in insane form, circuit champion 8-1 lcpl and just genuinely never slowed down. he's consistently been ahead of the meta, built very reliable teams, and played extremely well; in fact, I ranked him as #1 in the lc prs. motivation is sky-high as well... I really see no flaws in his game. idk what to say about wail wailord honestly, he's projected the image of being very dead in the most recent LCPL so we'll assume that carries over until he shows passion here. considering his ceiling, though, ranking him at #9 is wild.... he was 6-3 in his debut! kythr is genuinely automatic in this tier but i hope to see wail back in his groove for the rest of this tour.

i copied obiis post above for format and then had all the same predictions

Last edited:

LilyAC

encore encore encore
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
LilyAC (40) vs dcae (60) - i think dcae is favoured, but i'm predicting myself because i'd rather take the 40% chance to get an edge over all the people predicting dcae
KSG (45) vs daunt vs (55) - i'm not too high on ksg's play, and although i haven't watched enough of dvs to know if he's better or not, i at least know he had a slightly more impressive lcpl record. could go either way, i'm really not sure about this.
Toadow (40) vs Boulicrok (60) - there's no doubt bouli has had more success this gen than toadow. i used to be really high on toadow's play in SM, but even his SM records haven't been very impressive lately. it would be exciting to see toadow prove me wrong and make a comeback because i do think he has the potential.
teal6 (35) vs Laroxyl (65) - most non lc players don't do well in lc, i'll need to see how teal plays before i consider predicting him. he could secretly be an lc beast but i have no idea yet
kythr (60) vs Wail Wailord (40) - kythr is obviously favoured but, just like with me vs dcae, i'm taking the gamble. wail hasn't had success in a while but i still think he has a chance to win this one

LpZ

capy
is a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
LilyAC vs dcae
KSG vs daunt vs
Toadow vs Boulicrok
teal6 vs Laroxyl
kythr
vs Wail Wailord

LilyAC vs dcae (very close, but I believe dcae won't get wrecked by cheese)
KSG vs daunt vs
Toadow vs Boulicrok
teal6 vs Laroxyl
kythr vs Wail Wailord

LilyAC vs dcae
KSG vs daunt vs
Toadow vs Boulicrok
teal6
vs Laroxyl
kythr vs Wail Wailord

(EDITED AT 1:03 PM EST ON TUESDAY TO BOLD MY GUY TEAL)

Last edited:

Elfuseon

is a Top Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
LilyAC vs dcae probably 40-60%
KSG vs daunt vs 30-70% for the goat vs
Toadow vs Boulicrok i have faith in toadoat
teal6 vs Laroxyl i just dont know the op, but laro is in really good shape rn imo
kythr vs Wail Wailord just a big ♡ for him, i like wail but kythr is too strong overall rn

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
LilyAC vs dcae
KSG vs daunt vs
Toadow vs Boulicrok
teal6 vs Laroxyl
kythr
vs Wail Wailord

LilyAC (40) vs dcae (60) - i think dcae is favoured, but i'm predicting myself because i'd rather take the 40% chance to get an edge over all the people predicting dcae
KSG (45) vs daunt vs (55) - i'm not too high on ksg's play, and although i haven't watched enough of dvs to know if he's better or not, i at least know he had a slightly more impressive lcpl record. could go either way, i'm really not sure about this.
Toadow (40) vs Boulicrok (60) - there's no doubt bouli has had more success this gen than toadow. i used to be really high on toadow's play in SM, but even his SM records haven't been very impressive lately. it would be exciting to see toadow prove me wrong and make a comeback because i do think he has the potential.
teal6 (35) vs Laroxyl (65) - most non lc players don't do well in lc, i'll need to see how teal plays before i consider predicting him. he could secretly be an lc beast but i have no idea yet
kythr (60) vs Wail Wailord (40) - kythr is obviously favoured but, just like with me vs dcae, i'm taking the gamble. wail hasn't had success in a while but i still think he has a chance to win this one

nice C&P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)