Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

Dumping my stuff to start fresh again and maybe eventually something that doesn't lose to Hail :blobshrug:

July:

:landorus-therian::ferrothorn::heatran::tapu-koko::tornadus-therian::tapu-fini:

Very basic Offensive Nature Power Heatran structure paired with Spikes.

:victini::tapu-fini::landorus-therian::kartana::corviknight::weavile:

Special Tini with Band Kart.

:zapdos-galar::aegislash::tapu-fini::landorus-therian::heatran::tapu-lele:

G-Zap team I built for the teambuilding comp in this post. Regnite ended up using this in some random tour game and despite some weaknesses I like this build a lot for the simple fact it doesn't seem boring as hell.

:toxapex::magnezone::buzzwole::heatran::rillaboom::corviknight:

This team has to dance around Heatran sometimes, Torn a nightmare, only speed control is Rillaboom so it isn't fantastic but I do enjoy using it myself. EjectPex to trap Corv to support Rilla. I started liking Specs Zone a lot more around this time period.

:heatran::tapu-fini::scizor::landorus-therian::weavile::tapu-koko:

Another Nature Power Heatran build this time with Balloon and CM Koko which I got inspired to build after getting swept by one.

:tornadus-therian::urshifu-rapid-strike::corviknight::garchomp::heatran::ferrothorn:

Life Orb Torn-T, a set that has somewhat gone extinct, is strong as hell and is a nightmare for defensive cores when accompanied with Taunt since they normally don't have the firepower to threaten it long term. Couple things to support it like Spikes.

:garchomp::corviknight::tapu-lele::weavile::slowbro::dragapult:
:landorus-therian::corviknight::tapu-lele::weavile::slowbro::dragapult:

The original build was with Adamant Life Orb Chomp to wall-break, 2hkoing things like Defensive Unaware Clef, putting heavy damage on things like Support Landos with SD + Aqua Tail. The second build is a product of the first build being too weak to Tapu Koko long term after MajesticM tested for me. The Lando helps deal with the electrics barring present threat Arctozolt now. I like Future Sight + Psychic Surge as a concept and I built a similar structure when Phero was around so kind of used that as a blueprint here. SD Chomp still a strong mon, should be used more.

:dragapult::volcanion::landorus-therian::magnezone::tapu-koko::clefable:

Band Pult, HDB Volc with Koko and Rising Voltage Mag to supplement each other. Clef moveset I grabbed from eclipse's OLT team that had it which I thought was a really cool tech and felt it would pair well with everything else.

:clefable::landorus-therian::weavile::slowking-galar::rotom-wash::heatran:

The Kee Berry Clef build inspired by dex which I further elaborated a bit in this post. Little Ursh weak otherwise I enjoy using it.

August:

Work been a bit obnoxious so lack of motivation, kind of messing around at this point not caring too much. Did build a few things.

:moltres-galar::hippowdon::urshifu-rapid-strike::toxapex::corviknight::dragapult:

Moltres-G in general is a dope mon and should be utilized more cause it's very strong to cover defensively barring specific things like SpDef Unaware Clef. It's known as more of an offensive staple with Agility/Nasty Plot but I thought this set would be cool to annoy bulkier structures a bit so I just put some stuff around it. Kind of slow but cool to me.

:azelf::bisharp::landorus-therian::volcarona::keldeo::regieleki:

This team is negative and hefty trash lmfao but I don't care Life Orb Volcarona strong as shit.

:nidoking::tapu-fini::ferrothorn::landorus-therian::tornadus-therian::weavile:

Nidoking spikes stack which is a structure I like when Nidoking has its stages of being viable or at least more so compared to past stages.

:wailord::shedinja::corviknight::blissey::clefable::toxapex:

Inspired by Da stall masta 999 RMT which you can find here and his discussion points about Wailord I built this team to mess around with it. It has some issues but it was fun to use something like Wailord as a Heatran check for fat and being able to trap things like non Grass move Ferros. Cool mon and I always like trying new things out that I think has some real applications.

:klefki::bisharp::urshifu-rapid-strike::garchomp::thundurus-therian::tapu-koko:

Electric Surge HyperOffense with Spikes Klefki. Team is squishy and isn't too great against Scarf Lele builds and opposing Koko but at this point I wanted to test out some new stuff. I'll probably flesh something out better in the future.

:mew::cloyster::polteageist::landorus-therian::dragapult::bisharp:

The teapot is busted and is fun as hell to use so people should try it more, good paired with Lele as well. Teams a bit weak to Weavile and Weather but I like messing around with this sometimes.

:heatran::tapu-bulu::steelix::tornadus-therian::dragapult::weavile:

A Specs Heatran build with bulky Bulu and Steelix functioning as a check to things like Koko and Clef providing Rocks.

:necrozma::magnezone::landorus-therian::tornadus-therian::tapu-fini::weavile:

Saw a build devin I think made with Necrozma with like Aegi Rilla Zera but I felt it had a hard time dealing with Weavile when I was using it so I decided to build my own with a more defensive backbone that I usually like with Scarf Fini and Mag to trap Corv/Skarm for Necrozma.

Besides 228 EVs for Scarf Fini Moonblast to kill Weavile from full don't ask what specific EVs are for. I don't know or forgot shrugs.
just use this to ct hail https://pokepast.es/c3e1107107d27a34

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole: :tapu fini: :landorus-therian: :dragapult: :weavile:
bulky offensive team centered around the transition from defense to offense with glowking+buzzwole abusing fsight and sd weav + specs pult as speedy offense, fini as secondary speed control and shifu/pult/tran check and finally lando because it's the number one glue mon.
to this day my most successful build in ss ou, although it definitely needs some tweaking because, you know, hail trends. I think pult and buzzwole can be swapped. melmetal is a prime candidate as I don't even have a steel type on this team and it's acid press set is a massive pain for hail teams.

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?

I hadn't played or posted anything in a long time, but I got a random urge to try to build something around Gengar, since it's my favorite Pokemon. I didn't test this team much at all and I wanted to use a few slightly less conventional picks in Tapu Bulu, Scizor, and Slowking (although none of them are too uncommon) so I can't say for sure how solid this team is, but it performed pretty well in the games that I did play, so I thought I would post it here. I'm also not entirely on top of the current meta because I've been pretty inactive for a while, so again, I'm sure the team has some flaws, but I thought that it was pretty fun to use.

Last edited:
not much base in this team i just compiled some pokemon and put them in an ou team. it usually puts a lot of pressure on the opponent if they dont have proper counters to mamoswine (mamoswine is really under appreciated) or if u can get either jirachi or volcarona set up. i also threw specialtini and landorus in there because landorus is an amazing stealth rock mon and specialtini can deal with a lot of things which my team cant and i threw specs on it because it makes so many more mons come into its kill range. also i put dragapult in there because its just a nice mon

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Victini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blue Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

serene grace (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ancient Power
- Iron Head
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

TheSergio235

Banned deucer.
The Mole Great again
:SS/Tyranitar: :SS/Excadrill: :SS/Dracozolt: :SS/Tornadus-Therian: :SS/Scizor: :SS/Slowbro:

When I saw Excadrill only at like 3.8% usage I knew it was time for someone to act and after a week of testing I came up with this
Hope u like this team and have a nice day (btw this is my first post on the forums so any feedback is much appreciated)

Small description of the team and sets description

The main objective of the team is of course to make Excadrill and Dracozolt sweep teams and vice versa since they complement each other really well. The defensive core of the team is of course to defend the pair from their checks and counters (Landorus Tangrowth Hippo Dragapult Kyurem Garchomp etc).

Tyranitar

This bad boy is the main spedef wall for the team its role it simple, eat basically any special attack in the game. I know you might think "Well but Kyurem's Focus Blast or Tapu Lele's Moonblast send him to bed" and yes you are right but we have Scizor and Tornadus for that. The attack evs let Tyranitar break Kyurems sub and live a +1 Bug Buzz from Volcarona. Crunch and Eq are there for Heatran and Dragapult but u can experiment with twave or rest if u want.

Excadrill

This set is just made for Excadrill to outspeed all base 110 scarfers like Gengar and you might be asking "Why not max speed??" It is simply just not necessary since you don't outspeed anything u need to do, the rest of the evs are for optimal leftovers recovery. I went with spin over Rock Slide or something else since it relieves pressure from Tornadus to hazard removal.

Dracozolt

Dracozolt is the other way to go in case something tragic happens to Excadrill and the main way to kill Skarmory and Corvinight since they are the hardest counter to Excadrill in the world. The fire spin set is the one I picked since it is harder to switch around Dracozolt if you cant do it.
The evs let it outspeed scarf Lando and it is Naughty over Lonley since it makes it so it lives knock off from Ferrothorn behind substitute 54% of the time.

Tornadus-Therian

This set is pretty straight forward, the evs are for outspeeding base 110 like Latias, Adamant Weavile and Kartana and the rest went into Spedef since it lets it sometimes live a Modest Kyurems Icebeam if u knock off specs first, which can give you an early lead advantage. I went with Heat Wave over Hurricane for easier Ferrothorn and Corvinight match up. If you want a more detailed explanation of the set go Here.

Scizor

This Scizor set is pretty straight forward since it is the team check to Weavile Lele and Kyurem it has to be able to live their attacks, Lele's Psychic does only a max of 49.8% Kyurem's Ice Beam does a max of 42.2% (If they are modest and have specs) so it makes it a 3 Hit KO after rocks and Weavile's Knock Off does a max of 83.3% and Ice shard does a max of 17.4% this is if they are at +2 so if they use both the chance of KOing you is 100.7% which is ok in my opinion. Again if you need more details about the set go Here

Slowbro

Everyone's favorite check to Ursifu is the last member of the team because if not it would claim one upon switching in. Its role is pretty simple Eat Physical attacks for breakfast although not Weavile´s. I picked the rocky helmet over boots since the team has pretty nice hazard control with Spin and Defog and the extra chip you get when someone u-turns on you is super nice.

Thanks a lot for reading me and hope you like the team

(Btw for the team click the sprites)

Last edited:
For today, I bring you all...
the NEO WishKiller
:skarmory: :hippowdon: :keldeo: :zapdos-galar: :bisharp: :slowking-galar:

In tribute of the great user BC wish killer, this revamped archetype team once again graces the OU tier. Without the presense of mega Venusaur, this team has to take a different approach, giving up the passiveness of Chansey in order to make this team less vulnerable to the likes of Rillaboom, Kartana and Urshifu, slotting in Slowking-Galar and Zapdos-Galar to phase them out while pressuring with the Future Sight+fast STAB from ZapdosG, while maintaining hazards in the form of Spikes and Stealth Rocks, with occasional Sandstorm residual chip damage. With Heavy-Duty Boots around, Bisharp's role early game is to cripple the defensive mons as frequent as possible, and hazards up allowing Sub-Scald Keldeo to win endgame. That, or smash the team all-round with Rocky-Helmet chip and pivoting with ZapdosG, around the defensive mons in arsenal. Spdef Hippowdon is used to check Dragapult and Volcarona, with the team lack of Chansey, while assure enough offensive presence with hard-hitting Earthquake for opposing Heatran and Slowking-Galar.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1408626557 (bulky keldeo sweep)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1408665212 (kart balance)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1408704948 (scarf zapG cleanup)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1408624837-4wjhn8xpiwuts843vzjyp882ggoiz9rpw (scarf zapG cleanup)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1408714617-xn6k3g840rt9ujdfg2tpen2jrfgo6x5pw (bulky keldeo sweep)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1408736302-20c7utmjwuz3rd5ohcihs60ixg1cwynpw (weird sun)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1408743215-hwmzzeay1273018g9lqweypdveud0wcpw (aggresive plays with specs blacephalon)

Last edited:
:gengar::tapu_lele::skarmory::gastrodon::heatran::tornadus-therian:

Balance with Scarf Gengar and Nasty Plot Torn. Gengar is nice to outspeed Arctozolt even in Hail, along with other threats like Koko and Pult. Modest Specs Lele since Tornadus and Gengar are great at weakening/tricking scarf onto Heatran. Also Air Slash over Hurricane for Torn since 30% flinch rate beats 30% chance to miss. Also Skarm-Gastro-Heatran is a great defensive core for the current meta, with Gastro being amazing against Rain, Sand (Arctozolt) and Hail (non Free Dry Arctozolt). Skarm's Spikes are also nice for helping Lele and Torn break defensive cores, also allowing potential shadow ball sweeps from Gengar

I have posted these teams separately on previous occasions but have gathered them all together and I am sharing again before taking a break as I am not enjoying the game anymore for now.

I built this a few weeks ago in the Teambuilding Competition, it abuses nasty things like Trick Clefable and Magnet Pull. Dragonite is my favorite Pokémon and I was happy to make something solid by myself using it. Kartana is so, so good.

Another round of the Teambuilding Competition, Blacephalon isn't very consistent, but his inconstancy is interesting. 4MSS Buzzwole has always bothered me but it's not something that should stop you from trying to use it. This Ferrothorn set is hot for the current metagame. Team vulnerable to Toxapex but ok.

Third TBC team, AoA Arctozolt is crazy, Mantine is underrated, but he's also not fantastic for being dependent on HDB and Shadow Ball will drop everytime. Scizor is not enough in so many ways.

Functional meme with fun nicknames, only use it if you want to hate Ferrothorn even more.

HO meme for quick battles.

I have posted these teams separately on previous occasions but have gathered them all together and I am sharing again before taking a break as I am not enjoying the game anymore for now.

I built this a few weeks ago in the Teambuilding Competition, it abuses nasty things like Trick Clefable and Magnet Pull. Dragonite is my favorite Pokémon and I was happy to make something solid by myself using it. Kartana is so, so good.

Another round of the Teambuilding Competition, Blacephalon isn't very consistent, but his inconstancy is interesting. 4MSS Buzzwole has always bothered me but it's not something that should stop you from trying to use it. This Ferrothorn set is hot for the current metagame. Team vulnerable to Toxapex but ok.

Third TBC team, AoA Arctozolt is crazy, Mantine is underrated, but he's also not fantastic for being dependent on HDB and Shadow Ball will drop everytime. Scizor is not enough in so many ways.

Functional meme with fun nicknames, only use it if you want to hate Ferrothorn even more.

HO meme for quick battles.
F1 Theme Team nicknames are goated

zReptar

formerly LT83AQ Lou
:tyrantrum::tapu_lele::scizor::rotom-wash::landorus-therian::tornadus-therian:
posting this here because every time i try using a different team i go on a losing streak (dont expect this team to get you out of tilt tho LOL)

this is a pretty standard voltturn structure but with tyrantrum as the main breaker. basic gameplan is to pivot into tyrantrum as many times as possible to score as many KOs as you can until scarf lele can clean. pretty fun if you ask me

rain MU is annoying since your only water resist is washer but just crit every move and itll work out in the end :pimp: (fr though i should find a way to slot another water resist- could maybe go scarf fini > lele i suppose?). pult is annoying on paper since nothing on this team likes taking specs sball but ehhh ive never had issues w it personally just pivot around it carefully (read: spam u-turn and volt switch until pult comes out) and you should be fine unless your opponent actually bothers to scout for scarf on lele (impossible). weavile is a similar story except you at least have sciz to keep it at bay during midgame

btw dinosaurchestra is good listen to it

Last edited:
:tyrantrum::tapu_lele::scizor::rotom-wash::landorus-therian::tornadus-therian:
posting this here because every time i try using a different team i go on a losing streak (dont expect this team to get you out of tilt tho LOL)

this is a pretty standard voltturn structure but with tyrantrum as the main breaker. basic gameplan is to pivot into tyrantrum as many times as possible to score as many KOs as you can until scarf lele can clean. pretty fun if you ask me

rain MU is annoying since your only water resist is washer but just crit every move and itll work out in the end :pimp: (fr though i should find a way to slot another water resist- could maybe go scarf fini > lele i suppose?). pult is annoying on paper since nothing on this team likes taking specs sball but ehhh ive never had issues w it personally just pivot around it carefully (read: spam u-turn and volt switch until pult comes out) and you should be fine unless your opponent actually bothers to scout for scarf on lele (impossible). weavile is a similar story except you at least have sciz to keep it at bay during midgame

btw dinosaurchestra is good listen to it
Great team man, it kinda folds sometimes to some faster mons like Baraskeewda Dragapult and Koko (or maybe I'm just bad), but its worth it for the joy of spamming head smash and 1 or 2 hit KOing every mon even on stall. It even 2 shots quag with rocks and minimal chip.

Great team man, it kinda folds sometimes to some faster mons like Baraskeewda Dragapult and Koko (or maybe I'm just bad), but its worth it for the joy of spamming head smash and 1 or 2 hit KOing every mon even on stall. It even 2 shots quag with rocks and minimal chip.
yeah its definitely pretty weak to the things you mentioned, iyw you could try replacing scarf lele for scarf fini and have a better rain + pult MU at the expense of a worse time vs hail

Katy

Banned deucer.
some recent teams ive built:

bewear of the bulky offense (bewear feat. specs dragapult and scarf lele): https://pokepast.es/d41ee956b5033a96

heating it up with the oven (heattom feat. pads melm and support clef): https://pokepast.es/edb0a913ac14aec8

dat loud, its exploud (with landorus-t and heatran): https://pokepast.es/971f9d3d9eec6ddd

dual dragon, dual steel (with subroost kyurem, specs pult, corviknight, and tran): https://pokepast.es/865be2d5cf01aa02

this poke provides the superpower (blissey lure hydreigon feat.hella knock and hella u-turn): https://pokepast.es/db914b3ca5d0fd3f

this room is a bit tricky, isnt it? (marowak + melmetal and azumarill tr offense): https://pokepast.es/712deb59c6ab06aa

make it rain, thunder again (feat. specs thunder koko and barra + peli + seismi): https://pokepast.es/f5bc890b13a01442

bonus clip uhm paste:

sunny days are always nice (feat. eruption tran, tankchomp, scarf hydrei, and venu): https://pokepast.es/cd75860529eb6980

have fun with them! <3

zReptar

formerly LT83AQ Lou
some recent teams ive built:

bewear of the bulky offense (bewear feat. specs dragapult and scarf lele): https://pokepast.es/d41ee956b5033a96

heating it up with the oven (heattom feat. pads melm and support clef): https://pokepast.es/edb0a913ac14aec8

dat loud, its exploud (with landorus-t and heatran): https://pokepast.es/971f9d3d9eec6ddd

dual dragon, dual steel (with subroost kyurem, specs pult, corviknight, and tran): https://pokepast.es/865be2d5cf01aa02

this poke provides the superpower (blissey lure hydreigon feat.hella knock and hella u-turn): https://pokepast.es/db914b3ca5d0fd3f

this room is a bit tricky, isnt it? (marowak + melmetal and azumarill tr offense): https://pokepast.es/712deb59c6ab06aa

make it rain, thunder again (feat. specs thunder koko and barra + peli + seismi): https://pokepast.es/f5bc890b13a01442

bonus clip uhm paste:

sunny days are always nice (feat. eruption tran, tankchomp, scarf hydrei, and venu): https://pokepast.es/cd75860529eb6980

have fun with them! <3
I am for sure having lots of fun with theses teams

Three weather teams I’ve built that I think are pretty easy to pilot. Due to metagame trends and no longer having a personal desire to use them, I hope someone out there can get inspiration to either peak or create something better out of them. (Please PM me if you do!)

No custom EVs are found in these as I believe in Gen 8 the game really has become simple enough to not need them. Feel free to tweak.

Double Dragon Rain
This is a much bulkier offensive rain structure designed around the solid Zapdos, Pelipper, Ferrothorn defensive core. Pelipper’s Knock Off helps soften up fatter builds for our two breakers. The hail matchup is horrid. However, Kyurem is kept in check by Garchomp

Blacephalon Sun
This aggressive sun build is anchored by the solid Heatran, Hydreigon, Lando core. Dragonite is tough out but the double-scarf duo along with Hydreigon is the best we can muster. The team features ample Heatran counterplay and an outstanding hail matchup. Once Blace gets going battles get out of hand quickly. Flamethrower on Torkoal is noteworthy for OHKOing Weavile from full.

Gravity Sand
This is the most fun I’ve ever had using sand. The goal of this team is for Excadrill to run out of Earthquake PP. Future Sight support help it past opposing Buzzwole. Enjoy killing Corviknight. Make Exca great again!

Last edited:
Taunt spam Webs
:tornadus-therian::landorus-therian::urshifu::moltres-galar::cloyster::ribombee:
https://pokepast.es/e2ec97b061f30464

Lay hazards and then keep them up with imprison and taunt on all the sweepers. Nasty Plot tornadus is a broken pokemon, so I suggest you use that. Usually you want to lead cloyster, but don't just throw it away if they have a weavile. Stupid Koko and ZeraoRAT are the biggest obstacles. Lando walls. Magic room on ribombee is how the team deals with them, but you could also drop that for Moonblast and run something like blaceohelon or your own Koko in place of Galar bird. Fun little team...though it will make you hate Hurricane.

Click Rising Voltage
:Tapu-Koko::Magnezone::Zapdos::garchomp::zarude-dada::melmetal:
https://pokepast.es/82d1617073c41b60

Specs Rising Voltage 2HKO ferrothorn, so click that. Rising voltage Zapdos is another cool threat that really shreds with heatwave. Don't ask me what the garchomp spread is. Just use it. Finally when all the steel and grass junk is inevitably gone, you can win with Monke and The Absolute Unit. I don't think this team needs hazard removal, but it will have a rough time vs Hippo + Spikes. Good luck if you let volcanion in. Very fun. Clicks buttons

Last edited:
Stall

:slowking-galar: :clefable: :toxapex: :corviknight: :pyukumuku: :hydreigon:

This is Double Defog, Double Regen and Innards Out Pyukumuku.
I've seen that Shedinja is a common pick in stall now, and for good reasons because it answers Arctozolt, Tapu Lele and Kyurem.
Still, there are many wallbreakers to keep in check: Kartana, Dracozolt, Bisharp, Crawdaunt, Venusaur, SD Landorus-T, Specs Heatran, etc.
Even with Shedinja you are often helpless against some of those. I firmly believe the reason stall was so good last gens was because there were ways to remove wallbreakers using trapping (Arena Trap or Pursuit). It could adapt to bad match ups.
Innards Out Pyukumuku is the last "pick what you want to kill / weaken in the opposing team" tool we have. I think it is as viable as Shedinja, although even more gimmicky. This team may give some fuel to think.

This Pyukumuku set can kill most wallbreakers:
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0 SpD Pyukumuku in Psychic Terrain: 283-334 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku in Psychic Terrain: 280-330 (98.9 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Arctozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 510-600 (180.2 - 212%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(with Rocky Helmet recoil that kills)

184+ Atk Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 524-620 (185.1 - 219%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(with Rocky Helmet that kills)

252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 541-640 (191.1 - 226.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 372-438 (131.4 - 154.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 312-369 (110.2 - 130.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 322-380 (113.7 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Volt Switch vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0 SpD Pyukumuku: 372-440 (131.4 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0 SpD Pyukumuku: 372-440 (131.4 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Team:
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Light Screen
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Shed Shell
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Defog
- Roost

Pyukumuku @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Innards Out
Level: 90
EVs: 252 HP
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Recover
- Toxic
- Block
- Soak

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Defog
- Roost

Some comments:
Toxapex + Hydreigon checks Bisharp, Dragapult, Blacephalon, Aegislash.
Hydreigon + Slowking-G checks Heatran.
Corviknight has Shed Shell so you can switch it out against Magnezone and send Pyuku to kill Magnezone.
Light Screen Toxapex answers Future Sight.
Double Defog Corv + Hydrei beats most EH users.

Last edited:

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Stall

:slowking-galar: :clefable: :toxapex: :corviknight: :pyukumuku: :hydreigon:

This is Double Defog, Double CM and Innards Out Pyukumuku.
I've seen that Shedinja is a common pick in stall now, and for good reasons because it answers Arctozolt, Tapu Lele and Kyurem.
Still, there are many wallbreakers to keep in check: Kartana, Dracozolt, Bisharp, Crawdaunt, Venusaur, SD Landorus-T, Specs Heatran, etc.
Even with Shedinja you are often helpless against some of those. I firmly believe the reason stall was so good last gens was because there were ways to remove wallbreakers using trapping (Arena Trap or Pursuit). It could adapt to bad match ups.
Innards Out Pyukumuku is the last "pick what you want to kill / weaken in the opposing team" tool we have. I think it is as viable as Shedinja, although even more gimmicky. This team may give some fuel to think.

This Pyukumuku set can kill most wallbreakers:
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0 SpD Pyukumuku in Psychic Terrain: 283-334 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku in Psychic Terrain: 280-330 (98.9 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Arctozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 510-600 (180.2 - 212%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(with Rocky Helmet recoil that kills)

184+ Atk Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 524-620 (185.1 - 219%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(with Rocky Helmet that kills)

252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 541-640 (191.1 - 226.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 372-438 (131.4 - 154.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 312-369 (110.2 - 130.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 322-380 (113.7 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Volt Switch vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0 SpD Pyukumuku: 372-440 (131.4 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0 SpD Pyukumuku: 372-440 (131.4 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Team:
Slowking-Galar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Scald

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Light Screen
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Shed Shell
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Defog
- Roost

Pyukumuku @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Innards Out
Level: 90
EVs: 252 HP
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Recover
- Toxic
- Block
- Soak

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Defog
- Roost

Some comments:
Toxapex + Hydreigon checks Heatran, Bisharp, Dragapult, Blacephalon, Aegislash.
Corviknight has Shed Shell so you can switch it out against Magnezone and send Pyuku to kill Magnezone.
Light Screen Toxapex answers Future Sight.
Double Defog Corv + Hydrei beats most EH users.
G-Slowking with CM + Stored Power + Scald is used as a stallbreaker, though Flamethrower>Scald is an option if you want to prepare for Shedinja.
corv double water with no ground-type? zone 6-0s

G-Slowking counters Magnezone.
And if Pyukumuku is sent in on Thunderbolt / Volt Switch, Magnezone dies.

Issues rather are Melmetal / Zeraora / Dragapult.
On the topic of Slowking-G, I think it's a bit unfair to call it a counter to Magnezone. Especially for those with Specs sets, this kind of Slowking isn't going to appreciate switching in on Magnezone's thunderbolt. Iron Defense sets will probably be more hard-pressed to do anything in return, but most competent Iron Defense set users probably won't keep their Magnezone in, even less so if Slowking starts setting up.

About Pyukumuku - sure, if your opponent has a specs set it's most likely going to die to Innards Out in a vacuum. However, there's a couple flaws trying to abuse Innards Out for this situation: Firstly, let's assume you're in a situation where you can't get rocks/hazards removed - Zone isn't dying to Innards Out if Pyuku isn't at full HP (but I do agree that it'll be really heavily chipped). Second, non-specs sets with no Special Attack investment only have a roll to OHKO Pyukumuku at full:
0 SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0 SpD Pyukumuku: 240-284 (84.8 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
In other words, Pyukumuku only has a 6.3% chance to get Zone back if it dies to thunderbolt. Otherwise, Pyukumuku is going to be left at too low HP to deal sufficient damage with Innards Out when it inevitably faints. Lowering Pyukumuku's level to guarantee a OHKO ends up lowering your HP stat as well, making this a situation hard to accommodate for. Third, if non-specs Zone decides to volt switch out then it’s definitely not going to snag a OHKO.

And, as usual, there's the opponent's whole team to worry about as well. If the supposed checks to Zone in Pyukumuku and Slowking-G are eliminated, to reiterate Scalchop's point, Zone is most likely taking out the rest of this team.

Last edited:
On the topic of Slowking-G, I think it's a bit unfair to call it a counter to Magnezone. Especially for those with Specs sets, this kind of Slowking isn't going to appreciate switching in on Magnezone's thunderbolt. Iron Defense sets will probably be more hard-pressed to do anything in return, but most competent Iron Defense set users probably won't keep their Magnezone in, even less so if Slowking starts setting up.

About Pyukumuku - sure, if your opponent has a specs set it's most likely going to die to Innards Out in a vacuum. However, there's a couple flaws trying to abuse Innards Out for this situation: Firstly, let's assume you're in a situation where you can't get rocks/hazards removed - Zone isn't dying to Innards Out if Pyuku isn't at full HP (but I do agree that it'll be really heavily chipped). Second, non-specs sets with no Special Attack investment only have a roll to OHKO Pyukumuku at full:
0 SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. Lvl 90 252 HP / 0 SpD Pyukumuku: 240-284 (84.8 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
In other words, Pyukumuku only has a 6.3% chance to get Zone back if it dies to thunderbolt. Otherwise, Pyukumuku is going to be left at too low HP to deal sufficient damage with Innards Out when it inevitably faints. Lowering Pyukumuku's level to guarantee a OHKO ends up lowering your HP stat as well, making this a situation hard to accommodate for. Third, if non-specs Zone decides to volt switch out then it’s definitely not going to snag a OHKO.

And, as usual, there's the opponent's whole team to worry about as well. If the supposed checks to Zone in Pyukumuku and Slowking-G are eliminated, to reiterate Scalchop's point, Zone is most likely taking out the rest of this team.
If that is Specs Zone
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 169-199 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 151-178 (38.3 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

This lets me scout the choice-locked move and I can go either Hydreigon or Toxapex, or sack Pyukumuku.
If it uses Volt Switch nothing happens.

If that is anything else than Specs
It never goes past Slowking.

No offense, but saying "if your checks die it sweeps" is most likely true for any team, especially for stall that has to keep the key checks (given the match up) healthy.
But you have a point still. If SR or Spikes are up and that Slowking-G is weakened, I'm in a pretty bad situation.
And I guess Analytic Magnezone does exist too.

Anyway, I realized AV Slowking + Rocky Helmet Toxapex made the team better (I updated the import).
That should definitely improve the Zone match up, too. And ty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)