Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The text on the Plates only appeared in the Sinnoh games. Do you think we're finally going to know what the Pixie Plate has written on it?
There were only 8 engravings, and they were tied to number found and then repeat, not specific plates
But that was back when there was 16 Plates. Now there are 17. Unless they're fine making it a bookend they either going to need to redo how it works or when you find all 17 gives a new message (or just not do the messages).

Considering the rarity of the apricorn pokeballs as-is this is actually a very good pre-order bonus.
Curious if there will be a way to get more of them.

But that was back when there was 16 Plates. Now there are 17. Unless they're fine making it a bookend they either going to need to redo how it works or when you find all 17 gives a new message (or just not do the messages).
Easiest thing to do would just be play it once, I suppose.

Well no the actual easiest thing is to just replay it. Forever. For every copy you find

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If they did rewrite them I would like each Plate to have its own inscription, maybe creating a "7 days of creation" story by ordering the 17 plates in the right order (maybe allowing for some swapping).

1. Psychic: "In the beginning there was only chaos, and from it the Original One gained sentience."
  2. Fighting: "The Original One used its strength to bring order to the chaos, making the universe."
  3. Dragon: "Once the universe was formed, the Original One created two beings of time & space."
  4. Steel: "The being of time, with a mighty roar, caused time to flow in line."
  5. Water: "The being of space, with a rendering slash, cut and weaved space together."
  6. Fire: "With time flowing and space woven, the Original One filled with universe with stars."
  7. Rock: "One star the Original One called the Sun, and around it created worlds."
  8. Ground: "One world the Original One called the Earth, and there his creations shall live."
  9. Flying: "To permit life, the Original released breathe, creating the sky and heavens."
  10. Ice: "With sky & heavens, the Original One released crystal tears, creating water & weather."
  11. Grass: "With rain, the Original One planted seeds on Earth that grew bountiful greenery."
  12. Bug: "Small creatures came to feast on the green, and bigger creatures to feast on the small."
  13. Fairy: "With creatures, the Original One created three spirits of will, emotion, and knowledge."
  14. Electric: "The the spirits blessed the creatures with their energy, giving them great power."
  15. Dark: "The creatures came to abuse this power for evil purpose, angering the Original One."
  16. Poison: "The Original One created ills and misfortune to punish the creatures, than vanished."
  17. Ghost: "Those who fell to ill and misfortune were left to a third being from an opposite world."

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I wasnt buying the claim initially with that Japanese Roserade footage but now it genuinely looks like healthbars have been made even faster compared to the previous 3D games. ILCA really took the "use Close Combat on Blissey in DPPt" memes to heart huh

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
I wasnt buying the claim initially with that Japanese Roserade footage but now it genuinely looks like healthbars have been made even faster compared to the previous 3D games. ILCA really took the "use Close Combat on Blissey in DPPt" memes to heart huh
Good. You can never have too much speed IMO. Maybe I'm just impatient.

Genuinely unsure how many people genuinely think they're going to have slow HP bars
I've seen too many people about this....

Anyway I guess it doesn't really matter but a level 28 Floatzel found on the grass background places this encounter around Route 218 (the finneon route) or Route 221 (path to Pal Park).
Yeah, like that was a problem on SwSh. :facepalm:

I swear, people are hating for the sake of hating.

if the hp bar doesn't snap to the new hp after you get attacked with no animation, the games sucks
I mean you're talking about a game that came out > 15 years ago (and had the equivalent of DLC released 2 years later that at least made an effort at addressing the HP drain and lack of post-game content). I'm so glad the richest media franchise in the world has a devoted army of fanboys to instantly jump on anyone asking for more than mediocrity.

I mean you're talking about a game that came out > 15 years ago (and had the equivalent of DLC released 2 years later that at least made an effort at addressing the HP drain and lack of post-game content). I'm so glad the richest media franchise in the world has a devoted army of fanboys to instantly jump on anyone asking for more than mediocrity.
I dont even like dppt and theres a 99% chance i wont like this game, I just think acting like hp bars are something to worry about when they havent been a problem for over 10 years is extremely funny

Also this made me realize bw is more than 10 years old what the fuck

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Single use TMs are a case where they really took "faithful remake" a little too literally, huh? Even ORAS allowed them to be infinite use so I'm shocked that they decided to revert back for this game. What gives?

Then again, SwSh made all the good moves one-use TRs and the TMs largely consisted of bad or average at best moves, so...

EXP All mechanic being baked in is something I expected considering this is a Gen 8 game after all, here's to using a rotating team of 12-18 mons instead of a fixed group of 6 we move. I might be more inclined to use shit like Drapion without resorting to the old school grind to make that thing usable at least, and Box Link allowing you to access your PC at any time+Hideaways vastly increasing the available options in this game may make me inclined to use a massive large scale rotating squad instead of a fixed group of six. Rotating teams is fun so I guess I'll give it a shot.

But hey, this means Platinum my beloved will never, ever be truly invalidated so that game will always, always have its place and still be something I can revisit if I wanna relive playing like old times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)