Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

"THEN I'LL MAKE YOU SAY THIS ENDS NOW!"

(Optimus Prime - Probably some point in the Transformers franchise)
Nope, IT NEVER ENDS.

Uhh, for something thread relevant... new trailer still hasn't shown anything that makes me actively want the games. I am mildly curious about whether amity square's poffin game would feature any camp style animations. It's not that I care at all about amity square, but that a lack of camp animations could be a technical reason why there wouldn't be a patch to add bdsp mons to swsh when they update home.

Nope, IT NEVER ENDS.

Uhh, for something thread relevant... new trailer still hasn't shown anything that makes me actively want the games. I am mildly curious about whether amity square's poffin game would feature any camp style animations. It's not that I care at all about amity square, but that a lack of camp animations could be a technical reason why there wouldn't be a patch to add bdsp mons to swsh when they update home.
I imagine this is an issue side stepped entirely by things like:
-they'd make them anyway because they'd want to use those animation banks in future titles see also: for gen 7 they made full walking & running animations for every single pokemon and form change including things that would likely never see the light of day like Megas
-they would make them in the time period between BDSP going gold and the Home compatibility update which would hypothetically coincide with a SWSH update
-Legends Arceus, which will likely ALSO have just about every Pokemon not in SWSH but are in BDSP would probably make them regardless because they'd want a variety of animations. We already have seen things like the exclusive sleeping animations actually being played by pokemon out in the wild.

It would be so dumb if we can't have the original Arceus event but them doing something stupid like with Celebi in HGSS. Not that it was bad, but I wanted to catch Celebi instead of timetraveling with it or get a Spiky Ear Pichu. Nothing against Spiky Ear Pichu tho.

but that a lack of camp animations could be a technical reason
There ain't any new mons in BDSP. They can just reuse the Amie stuff as they've been using since XY.

How so? I agree with you on Let's Go, but how what they're doing here different than seemingly similar decisions they did in ORAS (notably basing it on the initial paired versions and ignoring the enhanced versions' unique features & changes (sans the expanded dex)?
Different company, and there's a clear shift in the franchise direction so they could pull up some crazy nonsense at any point. (Like some DLC expansion for example, though that's starting to seem unlikely.)
The general idea seems to be pretty similar to ORAS though.

I mean that square was there even if you didn't do the event.
We know that, after all, the event was never officially released lol.

I don't think they'll pass the opportunity up though. I've been speculating that Legends will unlock that particular event for a minute, but it's much more interesting to think about the other mythicals. Even the Manaphy Egg somehow found its way to BDSP, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to do the events again in one way or another.

There ain't any new mons in BDSP. They can just reuse the Amie stuff as they've been using since XY.

Different company, and there's a clear shift in the franchise direction so they could pull up some crazy nonsense at any point. (Like some DLC expansion for example, though that's starting to seem unlikely.)
The general idea seems to be pretty similar to ORAS though.

We know that, after all, the event was never officially released lol.

I don't think they'll pass the opportunity up though. I've been speculating that Legends will unlock that particular event for a minute, but it's much more interesting to think about the other mythicals. Even the Manaphy Egg somehow found its way to BDSP, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to do the events again in one way or another.
Well ultimately, if they do or don't, the square being present doesn't point one way or another, is I guess the bigger point.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
thread's probably set to be locked soon so im just gonna drop this now

After thinking it over, you guys are right, the Battle Frontier isn't gonna return. The Battle Frontier is gonna return with some kind of expansion.

Whether base game, free update or paid DLC, there's no way it doesn't happen in some form. The demand is too high, and Game Freak's next big title that is meant as a direct companion piece to this has opaquely referenced a Frontier cast member in a way ORAS never did.

But here's the thing. With just about every returning feature from DP, BDSP has yet to do a simple 1-to-1 port, there's always been an "and" somewhere. Underground? Now has biomes where you can catch different Pokemon. Seals? Expanded selection and tweaks to work better in 3D. Freakin Amity Square now lets you walk with 6 mons at once. In the Frontier's case it could be as simple as retooled teams or mega evolutions should those exist, or as huge as a new facility or two. That's what Pokemon remakes do: Add a new dimension to whatever flagship feature they're porting over from the original. Perhaps that's what the tower on the map is all about; without having to worry about modeling the superficial frontier location they can spend time cramming as much as they can within a Tower/Frontier hybrid's floors.

Call this heel-turn of mine whatever you may. Copium, inexplicable, overanalyzing a background NPC from a different game. All I know is that I am now resolute. It cannot and will not be over until ILCA senior staff explicitly states none of this is happening or the next post-BDSP/Legends game is revealed. Even if I am somehow wrong, I don't care. I'm putting the chips down now, and I'm ready to rock.

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
thread's probably set to be locked soon so im just gonna drop this now

After thinking it over, you guys are right, the Battle Frontier isn't gonna return. The Battle Frontier is gonna return with some kind of expansion.

Whether base game, free update or paid DLC, there's no way it doesn't happen in some form. The demand is too high, and Game Freak's next big title that is meant as a direct companion piece to this has opaquely referenced a Frontier cast member in a way ORAS never did.

But here's the thing. With just about every returning feature from DP, BDSP has yet to do a simple 1-to-1 port, there's always been an "and" somewhere. Underground? Now has biomes where you can catch different Pokemon. Seals? Expanded selection and tweaks to work better in 3D. Freakin Amity Square now lets you walk with 6 mons at once. In the Frontier's case it could be as simple as retooled teams or mega evolutions should those exist, or as huge as a new facility or two. That's what Pokemon remakes do: Add a new dimension to whatever flagship feature they're porting over from the original. Perhaps that's what the tower on the map is all about; without having to worry about modeling the superficial frontier location they can spend time cramming as much as they can within a Tower/Frontier hybrid's floors.

Call this heel-turn of mine whatever you may. Copium, inexplicable, overanalyzing a background NPC from a different game. All I know is that I am now resolute. It cannot and will not be over until ILCA senior staff explicitly states none of this is happening or the next post-BDSP/Legends game is revealed. Even if I am somehow wrong, I don't care. I'm putting the chips down now, and I'm ready to rock.
Best villain redemption story of this year.

Anyone know if the Xp share is forced on like in SwSh or is Xp handled the same as it was in the original games?

I apologize if this was already covered earlier but I don't know where else to ask.

Anyone know if the Xp share is forced on like in SwSh or is Xp handled the same as it was in the original games?

I apologize if this was already covered earlier but I don't know where else to ask.
I don't think it's been announced, but pretty much everyone hates forced exp all

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A big question though is whether Pokemon Box Link will be included. That in particular is one of the most amazingly convenient quality of life implementations ever made and being able to access your PC at any time is really nice if I have some mons I want to use but can't be bothered to go all the way to a Pokemon Center for. Obviously since I won't be needing HM mules in this game that's not as necessary but it's always nice if I want to pull a mon or two out of the box whenever necessary to use whenever, without having to run all the way to a city to use the PC.

As a side note, I do hope that they have different dialogue for Elite Four/Cynthia rematches upon entering the Hall of Fame the second or third time or whatever. I know it wasn't until Gen 5 that they acknowledged that rematches aren't the first time you enter the Hall of Fame, but it would be a bit jarring if on rematches they still treat it like it's the first time you're there since the dialogue doesn't change at all in the older games, especially in games up to HGSS.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Different company
Masuda's still in charge.

The Battle Frontier is gonna return with some kind of expansion.
I would agree if they do any kind of Expansion with BDSP it would probably be... actually, it would probably be the Distortion World first. BUT if they do a second (or really want to push the envelope with a single Expansion) it would likely be Battle Frontier as I can't really see where else they could expand for an Expansion. But, of course, this is a long shot as that's assuming BDSP is even planned to get an Expansion. But, since that's impossible to predict, it's at least something Battle Frontier hopefuls have some, well, hope.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I would agree if they do any kind of Expansion with BDSP it would probably be... actually, it would probably be the Distortion World first. BUT if they do a second (or really want to push the envelope with a single Expansion) it would likely be Battle Frontier as I can't really see where else they could expand for an Expansion. But, of course, this is a long shot as that's assuming BDSP is even planned to get an Expansion. But, since that's impossible to predict, it's at least something Battle Frontier hopefuls have some, well, hope.
I think you misinterpreted what I said: I already am convinced the Frontier will appear at some point. Whether that's in the base game or paid DLC is irrelevant for what I'm saying, which is that when (not if, when) it does, it won't be a straight port of the feature from Platinum. There will be something new to it: What that new thing may be and how impactful is, I cannot say, but it will be a new thing nonetheless.

Hmm I really think you're way too certain over Battle Frontier happening. There's a very high chance they chose that purple hair dude because they wanted another Gen 4 character but as an ancient version and just randomly picked them. Maybe Legends Arceus has some sort of battle facility (something like Battle Maison I suppose) and didn't feel like designing a whole new character or just thought purple hair dude would be a fun nod. Like 99% of the characters we've seen in Legends Arceus are just Gen 4 characters with an old timey outfit.

After seeing that character I do believe it's a possibility now, but definitely not 100% certain. I won't take an actual stance on it until we're confirmed either way though, that way I'm right either way :psysly:

It seems to be a mirrored version of DP's one. It's weird that it's mirrored, but there's something MUCH more relevant.

Do you see that square right before the steps? That's where the stairs to the Arceus event arise from. In-Game legendary events confirmed!? :psywoke:
I hope so. I really hate mythical Pokemon and how hard they are to get (the only ones I have are Magearna and Melmetal because they're dogshit easy to obtain) so I'll be elated if Darkrai is available without the use of some code you can only get in a 30 second period if you do 3 backflips while holding chainsaws

Speaking of Darkrai I hope they buff Dark Void to it's former status. There's absolutely no reason it should've been nerfed, atleast that hard. Keep in mind the only reason it got nerfed is because SMEARGLE was too good with it. They also nerfed it in the same Gen they decided to prevent Smeargle from learning it anyway (along with other mythical signature moves), so what was the point?

I just realized I'm heavily banking on BDSP and Legends to give buffs to some of my favorite Pokemon when the reality is Darkrai won't get touched and Typhlosion will probably only get Close Combat or something equally as useless for it

I think me hoping for big Typhlosion buffs is an even bigger case of Copium than people hoping Battle Frontier will come back

Speaking of Darkrai I hope they buff Dark Void to it's former status. There's absolutely no reason it should've been nerfed, atleast that hard. Keep in mind the only reason it got nerfed is because SMEARGLE was too good with it. They also nerfed it in the same Gen they decided to prevent Smeargle from learning it anyway (along with other mythical signature moves), so what was the point?
Making sure that Darkrai himself wouldn't be busted, but when the move is built wrong from the ground up, there's not a lot you can do.

Putting both mons to sleep in doubles is horrendously busted, they should've made Void a Spore clone.

From Serebii: " Another Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl distribution has been announced. Previously announced for SevenNet in Japan, Amazon have confirmed that if you pre-order there in the US, you will receive a Serial Code to get 2 Fast Balls, Level Balls, Moon Balls, Heavy Balls, Love Balls, Friend Balls and Lure Balls"

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
From Serebii: " Another Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl distribution has been announced. Previously announced for SevenNet in Japan, Amazon have confirmed that if you pre-order there in the US, you will receive a Serial Code to get 2 Fast Balls, Level Balls, Moon Balls, Heavy Balls, Love Balls, Friend Balls and Lure Balls"
Seems like kind of an underwhelming pre-order bonus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)