SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

:facepalm:

So much for my plan of passing a Luxio to SwSh real quick so it can get Thunder Fang.

Mind you, the very company responsible for Home made this game. How does one justify this? :pikuh:
Probably just made sense to make one update that would land in like February or March to encompass both games instead of an update and then another update like 2 weeks later.

And if we assume SWSH is eventually going to get an update they also probably just wait until both games are out to push one out alongside home.

Distortion Room is also in Ramanas Park, and is (from context we assume anyway) how we get the Griseous Orb

except instead of aroom with an item, its a room with a boss battle
That's really cool and at the same time makes no sense at all xD is that Giratina made of dark matter or something? xDDD

Does the distortion room have cool 3D puzzles or is it just "ooo giratina flies over and attacks nom nom"
I haven't seen any of the leakers actually go into the room,s but considering its called a "Room" and that the official trailer showed literally a single room and a spot to input the slate and a spot to presumably fight the pokemon that will appears...
No need to presume. Reddit has footage.

From what I've been told, these are just the fixed encounters. Think of it like how in SwSh in some areas there would always be a Steelix or a Beartic when you walk by, but there were other mons still to be found in those same areas.
Alright, cool. Now all I need to know is how early one can get a Ditto to appear.

Bank/Home support has consistently only dropped about a few months after each game's release, right? Bank and Home respectively didn't actually come out until a little after XY and SwSh's release dates; and then it took a bit after their releases for ORAS, SM and USUM support to be added. Not to mention how long it took with GO. Just how it goes it seems

(I also want to chip in a possible reason that presumably, support would be added after the original release date for HOME; meaning if you got a yearly subscription when it first came out, that won't cover it and you'll have to buy a new subscription for BDSP and/or LA)

Bank/Home support has consistently only dropped about a few months after each game's release, right? Bank and Home respectively didn't actually come out until a little after XY and SwSh's release dates; and then it took a bit after their releases for ORAS, SM and USUM support to be added. Not to mention how long it took with GO. Just how it goes it seems

(I also want to chip in a possible reason that presumably, support would be added after the original release date for HOME; meaning if you got a yearly subscription when it first came out, that won't cover it and you'll have to buy a new subscription for BDSP and/or LA)
ORAS/USUM were around the time they came out but SM was a few months later so it's a bit of a wash. & obviously XY had to wait 2 months for Bank to come out (Then at hird....) and SWSH had to wait for Home to come out.

Level 100 wild battle. Highest in the franchise ehehehehehehe
Strictly speaking we had a level 100 Magikarp we could fish up in Platinum.

Footage appears to also indicate that "strange space" is being used for the fancy version of the room where the actual Giratina fight is, rather than being connected to another legendary.
oh!

I bet that "Pure Space", the other weird one, is for the Bird/Beast room. It looks like a very tranquil (mayhaps....PURE) area, and since they have to account for 3 Pokemon in the room, it's probably larger to accomodate

The game beggins to be fun when you finishu the story.

Making main story more Platinum based and everyone would've been happier.
Man, he deleted that post with the quickness. Maybe that's what happened last thread, because I sure don't remember anyone actively defending DP over Plat as the base... :psysly:

Honestly, it's not even the story, story was never Sinnoh's strongest point, despite the good lore. I'd be perfectly fine with a DWorld/Cyrus ending story adaptation post-game.

What I'm missing the most from Plat rn are the overworld items, mostly the evolution ones and Heart Scales.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Judging by the fact that the person in that footage had a Giratina of their own, I would presume this means Giratina itself is catchable in Turnback Cave at Level 70 like in OG DP, and this "Distortion Room" in Ramanas Park is a special location where you get the Griseous Orb by battling this Shadow Giratina at Level 100-albeit not one that you can catch, and you must defeat.

Presumably this is the case unless I'm looking at it wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)