Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Is there a good way to search for non-competitive battles on PS? I've tried asking for it in somes rooms calling it a "fun/casual" battle, and it always ends up with the opponent having a comp team and then they either leave or I have to fight them with the competitively underpowered team I made

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Is there a way to copy and paste colored text into smogon posts? I'm trying to move a long draft of a QC post into a sandbox thread since the draft itself didn't save in the original thread for whatever reason and I don't wanna risk losing it, and really don't wanna have to manually redo all of the text coloring-

If there isn't a way to do this, consider this a suggestion as well.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Is there a way to copy and paste colored text into smogon posts? I'm trying to move a long draft of a QC post into a sandbox thread since the draft itself didn't save in the original thread for whatever reason and I don't wanna risk losing it, and really don't wanna have to manually redo all of the text coloring-

If there isn't a way to do this, consider this a suggestion as well.
just toggle the bb code and copy it that way.

Where can I find a forum post syntax guide?
I looked in the Information & Ressources section and tried using the search function.

Reactions: R8

Threeble

Banned deucer.
How come the Discord servers are so heavily secured? I don't think I've ever joined another community Discord and had to wait for authentication or anything. Did something happen or someone do something to warrant it?

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Is there a place dedicated to discussions related to policy review, aside from the subforum?

If not, was the idea ever explored/mentionned in the past? (Like a discord, for example)
Sometimes there's discussions in the Smogon discord about PR topics, but there's no outright stated place for them.

How come the Discord servers are so heavily secured? I don't think I've ever joined another community Discord and had to wait for authentication or anything. Did something happen or someone do something to warrant it?
There are a few bad apples that repeatedly spam doxxing-related links in every server they can access, which has been an ongoing problem for several years. Plus more recent phishing attemts also weighs in. It's unfortunate and I wish we didn't have to do it, but that's our reality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)