Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since this doubles as a suggestion forum, I wanted to bring back a suggestion from a while ago that I also agree with.
If at all possible, could there be a way to "mute" certain threads/subforums/forums on the site? It can be slightly tedious to have to go into specific forums to clear the bold text "notification" for something I'm not interested in, similar case for marking the forums as read at some points: it can get pretty repetitive sometimes :c

Much appreciated either way :heart:
I don't think muting specific forums or subforums is particularly useful, but muting individual threads within existing subforums would be very useful. One major application that I can think of is people who want to stay updated on when new rounds are posted for a tournament, but don't care about the signups and/or previous rounds. There's a ton of OCD reasons why it would be a helpful feature, but this would be nice in general.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Is there any way to modify which songs play on the simulator?

If there isn't, could we implement a way to modify which songs play on the simulator?
it’s been suggested a number of times, but the general consensus has been that it’s just as easy for you to open a software where you can play your own music. maybe the philosophy has changed over time or will in the future; until then, the power is in your hands.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Is it possible to filter "Your news feed" to only see posts? (this) If this is not possible, i suggest adding a way to do it since it's not easy to keep track of who posted what when 95% of what we see in that feeds are people reacting to posts
to be fair, “Your news feed” only shows content from people you follow, so you can technically customize this to your liking by curating your following list; “New posts,” on the other hand, only shows new posts forum-wide.

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
to be fair, “Your news feed” only shows content from people you follow, so you can technically customize this to your liking by curating your following list; “New posts,” on the other hand, only shows new posts forum-wide.
yea but that also means potentially ditching people i also want to follow to not miss what they are posting

antemortem

Socialization Head
Does anyone know how the points work for tournaments? I won an RU tourney a few weeks ago and afterwards it said I received 11 points. Is there something to do with them, and if so, how can I check my points?
if I’m correct in assuming you‘re referring to points earned in the Tournaments room on Showdown, refer to this by scrolling down to “How can I get points?” and then the commands section, which specifies using “.rank” to see your points total

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Not specific to smogon so sorry if maybe this isn't the right place to ask but is there an easy way to find people to battle against in BDSP? c:
If you are talking about Smogon BDSP metagames then in the BDSP room on PS (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/bdspmetagames) or in the BDSP discord (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bdsp-metagames-discord.3693812/) and of course on the BDSP ladders

If it's for ingame battles in BDSP, then I think it would be in a discord linked here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/request-battles-raids-here.290/ (not sure tho, so maybe ask in the sqsa thread in the Wi-Fi section)

If you are talking about Smogon BDSP metagames then in the BDSP room on PS (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/bdspmetagames) or in the BDSP discord (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bdsp-metagames-discord.3693812/) and of course on the BDSP ladders

If it's for ingame battles in BDSP, then I think it would be in a discord linked here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/request-battles-raids-here.290/ (not sure tho, so maybe ask in the sqsa thread in the Wi-Fi section)
Thank you!

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
What with the I COULD BE BAN on smogon profile when you are permalocked ?. They could go to ours profile on ps to see if we are permalocked or not. I feel this feature is useless
First off please do not re-post things deleted by a moderator. If you feel that it should not have been deleted, contact the moderator who deleted it or a moderator for the forum you are posting in. I'll let it go with a verbal warning this time though.

Second to answer your question. PS and Smogon are intertwined sites, as a result we have some cross-site initiatives to improve the quality and commucation of both sites. One of which is our cross site punishments policy. Anyone permalocked on PS will receive a 6 month 3 point infraction on smogon. This policy exists so that users being bad on one site cannot just flee to the other site and cause problems. The cross site punishments policy only applies to severe punishments such as permalocks and lengthy forum bans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)