• The moderators of this forum are the PS! staff.
  • Welcome to Smogon! Take a moment to read the Introduction to Smogon for a run-down on everything Smogon.
  • View the suggestions ordered by popularity here.

Pending New background music

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Current policy is to have trainer battle and rival battle music from Gen 4 and later as background music. For unspecified reasons, I can't add too much music, but if there's other music you'd want, feel free to be more specific.

New music every month is definitely way too much for us to support. Unless it was on rotation or something. That might be an interesting possibility.

Well if we want to add new songs the best thing would be making a poll here in smogon. Couse it can be every month Smogon would decide what time will have every music change

Don't know if these will be completely approved, and not sure if these themes play since my volume is normally off because sometimes it ends up being higher than I remember as well as notifications, but some good ideas I have are:
HGSS Champion theme, Team Neo Plasma theme, and maybe Gym Leader music (gen 5 gym leader music may be tough though because when gym leaders are down to their last Mon, it changes and so I'd like for it to be the same for PS if gen 5 gym leader themes happen)

These are just suggestions. Not sure if they are going to be approved, but uhh yeah

i was wonderingy how they select the music for the battles on showdown, cause they just have a handfull themes here,
this theme would be pretty cool as well
or even themes from other pokemon games like mystery dungeon, e.g.

hi, id like to support the idea of letting us choose what tracks get played and what don't. As a whole the shift towards users controlling that would be great to determine the atmosphere, especially in a big game.

Also, Id probably make a poll in a post here asking what themes everyone wants and ig announcing that on PS. Not necessarily a preset poll - I'd guess youd still just keep the ones rn and then ask if they want a few others so long as theyre mons battle themes. IDK how many more songs will fare bandwidth-wise, and the limits in regard to that.

edit: ah, i didnt see that post. Weird cause i did search for that... maybe my saerch terms were off? idk. Anyways i still stand by the idea of doing a poll sitewide to see what the userbase wants there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)