Little things you like about Pokémon

You can get them in Safari Balls?
You can craft Safari Balls in SwSh, which means that any pokemon available in SwSh that isn't a gift pokemon can be caught in one. (also applies to pretty much any ball present in the game).

Since all legendaries except Urshifu, Cosmog, Cosmoem and Poipole (I think?) are either catchable via plot/quest or available in Rifts, in turn they're also legal (if gen 8 native) in any pokeball except Cherish ones.

Since all legendaries except Urshifu, Cosmog, Cosmoem and Poipole (I think?) are either catchable via plot/quest or available in Rifts, in turn they're also legal (if gen 8 native) in any pokeball except Cherish ones.
Not if you include the Legends Pokeballs. Only the Gen IV legends and the Kami trio can be in those, and none of them can be in the Origin Ball outside of Dialga/Palkia like I stated earlier.

Last edited:
I like that all odd-numbered generations have mushroom Pokémon that have:
1. the Grass type,
2. Effect Spore as one of their main abilities,
3. the move Spore,
4. a two-staged evolution (with the final form being dual-typed).

If gen 9 doesn't have a mushroom Pokémon I'm moving this to the "little things that annoy you thread" for breaking the streak.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
View attachment 428273
I going to gush how much I like Koraidon.
View attachment 428274View attachment 428277
Its body shape is more of a lizardman vibe similar to Hannibals from God Eater.
View attachment 428278View attachment 428279
It has the same box art pose as Zekrom, one of my top favorite legendaries and Pokemon in general.

View attachment 428280
Its chest tire crest is based on the dewlaps of males anoles.

And if a leak is true, its a Dragon/Fighting type, which means we finally get one that is hyper offense instead of being mostly defensive like Kommo-o. Imagine Zekrom with access to Shift Gear.
It took one (1) day for Koraidon and Miraidon to become my favorite mascot legendaries and it's not even particularly close. There's some I really like such as Ho-oh, Zekrom and Origin form Palkia but these two are the only ones that are genuine all-time favorite, top 10 material for me. The moment we see their inevitable ride forms in action I'm popping the fuck off.

I like that all odd-numbered generations have mushroom Pokémon that have:
1. the Grass type,
2. Effect Spore as one of their main abilities,
3. the move Spore,
4. a two-staged evolution (with the final form being dual-typed).

If gen 9 doesn't have a mushroom Pokémon I'm moving this to the "little things that annoy you thread" for breaking the streak.
While I personally hope there isn't a new mushroom Pokemon to put to bed another one of these generational patterns that people tend to give too much weight too, the fact that there is a basically truffle-hunting pig Pokemon doesn't give me much optimism. :P

:ss/lunala::ss/solgaleo:

Lunala learns Hypnosis at level 1, while Solgaleo learns Wake-Up Slap instead. Not only is that really clever, falling asleep at night and waking with the rising sun, but I find it hilarious that Solgaleo's method of waking folks is smacking them in the face and yelling at them to get the fuck out of bed. Like a cat who wants their breakfast.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
In Pokemon Emerald, while Groudon and Kyogre are wreaking havoc across eastern Hoenn, various characters will change their dialogue to reflect this, even the ones you call via the PokeNav. This includes Mr Stone, the president of the Devon Corporation, who if called will say:

"...Huh? ...What's that? Seaflo... Yes? ...Caver...? You're breaking up... ...can't hear... BZZZZ..."

This is the case even if you fly back to Rustboro City and literally stand at the door of his building.

Let’s say more nice things about Legends: Arceus. I said a while ago that I was going to make another post with more things I like from the game (if anyone remembers that). Now, it is finally time.

First of all, I really like the Hisuian forms, Hisuian evolutions, new forms and new Pokémon. New Pokémon/forms are always great. They were all really weird when I first saw them, but I have gotten used to them now… or at least most of them.

There’s a lot to like about them. To start with, I really like how they gave some attention to several unloved/forgotten Pokémon, such as Qwilfish, Basculin, Stantler and Avalugg. But at the same time, they also focused on some more popular and fan-favorite Pokémon such as Goodra, Sneasel, Braviary, Zoroark, Scyther and Arcanine. So that’s really great.

I decided to make a list with my thoughts on all of them, similar to what I have done for the Galarian forms and my favorite Alola forms in the past. I decided to make it now so Pikachu315111 won’t beat me to it once more!
1654524131576.png
1654524149342.png
1654524155465.png

Decidueye/Typhlosion/Samurott
Let’s start with the starters!

I think regular Decidueye is really awesome, and the Hisuian form keeps all of that awesomeness but in a different way. It looks a bit like a scarecrow… and it is an owl. Does that make it a Scarecrowl? I like how it is hiding its eyes for extra coolness. The color scheme is great, red makes it stand out a bit compared to regular Decidueye which is green.

Typhlosion is my favorite Johto starter, but I think the Hisuian form is actually an improvement. It looks so cool. It has a very interesting facial expression which makes it looks evil, sad and lazy at the same time. The flames around its head and neck are just awesome in every way.

Samurott is quite similar to its original form, but it is still awesome. The darker color scheme is great and the helmet has a different design which is cool. The moustache is awesome as always. It was also the one I picked as a starter, I used it when I played through the game and I had great success with it.

1654524170386.png
1654524175278.png

Growlithe/Arcanine
Boring and uninteresting old Kanto Pokémon which are in dire need of being spiced up? Check.
They are given new forms which make them interesting again? Check.

I am not the biggest fan of the original Growlithe/Arcanine, they have always felt boring to me. I think they are missing something to make them stand out, especially compared to other dog-like Pokémon. Thankfully, their Hisuian forms are a great improvement. Growlithe looks so adorable and cozy! I just want to snuggle with it forever (and I really dislike dogs IRL, so this is saying a lot). Arcanine looks pretty cool with the gray fur surrounding most of its body, which also gives the illusion that it is wearing some kind of rock-like armor.

1654524190040.png
1654524194389.png

Electrode/Voltorb
Sadly, these are my least favorite Hisuian forms. They are still okay though, I like how they look like old Apricorn Balls instead of modern Poké Balls. Unfortunately, they don’t really change much from their original boring design. The Voltorb line is pretty much a lost cause when it comes to improving their design. If you change too little, it won’t make them better, and if you change too much, they will just turn into completely different Pokémon. Still, they did what they could and I approve of that.

1654524207350.png

Kleavor
I never thought Scyther would get a second evolution, but that’s okay. Kleavor feels a bit more primitive compared to Scizor, it is Rock while Scizor is steel, and that’s cool. I also think it looks a bit more similar to Scyther than Scizor does. The giant axes are great and I like the spikes on its body. I ended up using a Kleavor as the honorary 19th member of my in-game teams during the last moments when I played the game, and it was great.

1654524225402.png
1654524231228.png

Qwilfish/Overqwil
Qwilfish was a Pokémon that really deserved some attention. Like getting a new form or an evolution. It really lucked out as it got both! Congrats!

Hisuian Qwilfish isn’t that different apart from original Qwilfish, the only differences being that the color scheme different and the spikes seem to be a bit smaller, but that’s okay. Overqwil really spiked up to the extreme, it looks a bit ridiculous with those large spikes but I think that’s okay because they make it look awesome and terrifying, definitely not a Pokémon you want to meet when you go out swimming! I also like how it has spikes for eyebrows.

1654524247460.png
1654524251940.png

Sneasel/Sneasler
I like Sneasel. When I was a kid, there was one point when I liked Sneasel more than any other Pokémon, but that was a long time ago. Hisuian Sneasel isn’t too different from regular Sneasel in terms of design, the only real difference being the colors. But that’s okay since it is still great. Sneasler is cool since it sort of feels like an opposite to Weavile in every possible way. Compared to Weavile, it feels like a more “natural” evolution of Sneasel, so to say. The long ear is really great.

1654524264239.png

Ursaluna
Bear with me while I explain why this is a great Pokémon. Ursaring is one of many Pokémon which is good but not quite great and sadly often forgotten. Giving it an evolution was a great idea. It goes from a big bear to an even bigger bear! I really dig its design and how it sort of builds upon Ursaring. As someone else pointed out, the full moon on its head and the placements of its eyebrows makes them look like clouds covering the moon, which is cool. Overall a great Pokémon, I used it on one of my teams in L:A and it was quite good, a bit slow but really strong. I could always count on it to land a KO.

1654524283461.png

Wyrdeer
Hello forgotten Johto Pokémon which finally got some time in the spotlight thanks to getting a new evolution! I was very happy when I first saw Wyrdeer in the reveal trailer for L:A. Stantler really needed more attention and now it finally got that by getting an evolution! I like how Wyrdeer’s mane resembles a beard. That is great as beards are awesome and any Pokémon which has one automatically gets a point in my book.

1654524296513.png
1654524302441.png

Origin Dialga/Palkia
Those two are just plain… weird. I remember that when Palkia/Dialga were originally revealed back during the pre-D/P days, many fans thought they looked like Digimon. I wonder what those people would say if they saw the Origin forms? Jokes aside, I think they are good even if I have yet to get over their weirdness. I guess they just feel a bit “unnatural” compared to Giratina’s Origin form. Or I might just have gotten used to Giratina-O since it has existed for so many years.

1654524329178.png

Lilligant
The dance queen is back in a new shape, and she is adorable as always! I love Lilligant and I love Hisuian Lilligant too. It got a bit slimmer (or maybe it just removed the dress?) in order to perform faster dances… or something. And the flower on its head got smaller. I used a Hisuian Lilligant on one of my teams and it was great, I love it!

1654524384598.png
1654524388175.png
1654524393105.png

Basculin/Basculegion
I really like this new form of Basculin. I think it is better than both of the previous forms. They took an already good Unova Pokémon and made it even better!

Basculegion is great since it further helps Basculin get some extra spotlight, and it is a great Pokémon too! A giant fish which got possessed by dead Basculin? Insane. It is also notable for being my favorite of the ride Pokémon in L:A, yet another reason as for why I like it. I'm not sure why they decided to give it a gender difference, maybe to reference the various form differences of Basculin? It is great either way.

1654524405809.png
1654524409058.png

Zorua/Zoroark
The Zorua line has always been cool, and giving them a new form with an edgy design and a new unique type combination was great. The colors are really great and I love the hair of Zoroark. Hisuian Zorua looks a bit melancholic compared to the regular Zorua looking more mischievous, while Zoroark is giving off a very dangerous look.

1654524460853.png

Braviary
In the past, Braviary had Psychic powers! Who would have guessed? Braviary is always cool no matter what. I like how the fluffy feathers on its head are similar to Rufflet’s, and the Psychic “eyes” are really cool.

(I used the official art here because the image on Serebii had the wings cut off and it looked awkward)

1654524519200.png
1654524525054.png

Sliggoo/Goodra
The Goodra line is my least favorite pseudo-legendary. But I like the Hisuian forms of Sliggoo and Goodra better than the originals. I think one contributing factor is the shell. Sliggoo and Goodra just look a lot better with a shell. I also like how they went from looking happy and cheerful to a bit melancholic, I think it suits them better.

1654524532299.png

Avalugg
Combining Ice with Rock, does that make Avalugg harder? It does at least make it weaker to Steel and Fighting, unfortunately. Avalugg is a cool Pokémon that is sadly often forgotten… which isn’t strange since it never really had any big impact in the games, or in the fandom (from what I know). Now it finally got some more attention in the form of a new boss and being one of the Nobles in the game as well! I like the plates it has around the head. Overall a good design.

1654524549954.png
1654524555899.png

Enamorus
Last but definitely not least, my favorite out of the new Pokémon introduced in L:A, and one of my top favorite Pokémon from all generations. I have absolutely no idea why they decided to create a fourth member of the Forces of Nature. As if that wasn’t enough, they decided to make it a Female Fairy-type which follows the pattern of having an Incarnate and Therian form just like the others. But no matter the reasons, I am a big fan of Enamorus. Everything about it is great. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. The lovely pink color scheme, the snake it has around its body, the heart on its head. It was the definite member of my legendary team in L:A and it worked well there… when Springtide Storm didn’t miss, at least. I really hope I will be able to transfer it to S/V and use it there!
Continuing on that topic a bit, the Hisuian forms have made me realize how much I like regional variants on the whole. I think Alolan forms were a great concept but the execution was only average. Thankfully, they nailed both the concept and the execution with the Galarian and Hisuian forms. There has yet to be a regional variant which I like less than the original, I think all regional variants so far have been either better or just as good/bad as the original. So that’s great. I am very happy that they continued with the concept of regional variants after Gen 7 and I hope to see more of them in the future.

So that’s the first thing I wanted to say here. But there are more things to like about L:A. Being able to get trade evolutions thanks to the Linking Cord is excellent since this makes it easier to get all of them if you have nobody to trade with or if you don’t have NSO (like me). But at the same time, you don’t really need it as you can find all of the trade evolutions in the wild… which is another good thing!

Another thing related to evolution that I like in the game is that Pokémon no longer evolve automatically. Instead, you can freely choose when to evolve them from the party screen as long as they have reached the criteria for evolving. I also like how items which were previously “hold this while trading to evolve” are just “use on the Pokémon to evolve” in L:A, another great change.

I liked most of the minigames in the game. They were fun to play. Some were a bit hard, but that’s okay. And I really like how the balloons were designed to look like Drifloon.

I thought it was really fun to hunt down all the different Unown letters, using the hints you got in the Pokédex. I managed to find the majority of them through the hints, there were also some I found without even trying! There were some I had to look up in order to find, but not very many. Overall a really fun quest.

I like how you got to pick between the Pearl and Diamond Clan towards the end of the first part of the game. Nice nod to D/P and BD/SP. I picked the Pearl Clan because Pearl was my first Sinnoh game, I like it better than Diamond, I like Palkia better than Dialga, and during the course of this game, I grew to like Irida better than Adaman.

There’s a lot to like about the characters. First of all, I really like how Ingo is in the game. I have no idea why they chose him of all possible characters to bring “back”, but I’m glad they did. I saw someone point out that he is the second battle facility boss to go through interdimensional traveling, the first being Anabel. So that’s interesting. I wonder who’s next in line? If they continue with this pattern, Palmer or Nita should be next up… or maybe Red? I guess we’ll have to see.

I think Volo was a great twist villain. If I hadn’t been spoiled on him being the antagonist, I would never had seen it coming. I also like how the ancestor to Cyrus is one of your allies here, while the ancestor to Cynthia is the antagonist. That was a fun twist compared to the modern Sinnoh games.

Another thing I like is how almost all NPCs have unique names, it makes them feel less generic and more individual.

Not sure if I said this last time, but I really like how character customization is kept in the game. One thing I specifically like about it is how all clothing items have to be bought at the same place, which is nice as it means you don’t need to travel to several different places in order to see or obtain all of the obtainable clothes.

With this, I think I have said everything I like about L:A. It is not my favorite Pokémon game, but I still liked it. As said in the whining thread, I think it is good but not great. But it was still very fun and enjoyable to play despite all of its flaws. In the end, I am happy I got it and played through it.

Lastly, one thing unrelated to L:A. The discussion in the unpops thread about Scald made me think of one thing related to it: I like how Emboar can learn Scald. It is quite random but it makes sense to an extent. I have always found it really funny. When I trained an Emboar for my post-game team on Black 2, I taught it Scald just for fun.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
On the topic of L:A, I thought Uxie's quiz was very fun. Azelf's patience test was annoying but thematic so I'll let it pass, and Mesprit's test as far as I'm aware has no wrong answers, but Uxie has just the right kind of endgame mini-challenge. It's definitely not hard, especially since you have to catch a Dusclops for the story and there's an early Zubat sidequest, but I like how Combee can throw you for a loop, and it overall gives a fun little challenge, even though I beat it first try. If anything, the Dusclops and Zubat "hints" from earlier in the game are a neat little connection across the story and in Zubat's case somewhat "rewards" you for completing that quest.

Similarly, I love the wordplay where the Red Chain is stated to be able to "bind the world", meaning either to fix it (in our case) or restrain/capture it (as in Cyrus's case)

Last edited:
Glad to know that criticism is older than Gen 5. Palkia's origin form bothers me because it looks like an armless centaur. It's like they're trying to hard to look like Arceus instead of being their own designs.
rest assured that "criticism" has existed since at least gen 3 (and it wouldn't surprise me if gen 2 had some of it as well back in the day). It's like THE go-to for criticizing pokemon designs. It's so tiring....

I totally get why people dont like it but the armless centaur design is honestly really interesting to me, and I kind of love that these two bozos are trying so hard to look like their dad. It's a fun bit of characterization honestly.

Absol's Gameplay and Story Integration is consistently awesome, way better than Raichu and Gastly "indian elephant" nonsense
View attachment 429101
Speaking of elephants, I love how Legends changed that silliness to Copperajah, that's actually a fun way to make that early installment weirdness new.

View attachment 429104
Is Unova's Route 10 postgame? If so, it would have been neat if Absol was found there in BW, as a bit of foreshadowing for B2W2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)