Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
If I had a nickel for every time a Switch mainline Pokémon game had trees discussed before its release, I'd have two nickels. Was not ready for the Gay Trees arc of SV release cycle lmao

Maybe its a paintball inspired mon? There being targets and paint made my mind go there immediately

Could also somehow be related to that spray painter trainer we've seen in a previous trailer

If I had a nickel for every time a Switch mainline Pokémon game had trees discussed before its release, I'd have two nickels. Was not ready for the Gay Trees arc of SV release cycle lmao

Maybe its a paintball inspired mon? There being targets and paint made my mind go there immediately

Could also somehow be related to that spray painter trainer we've seen in a previous trailer
What if... hear me out... Picasso based Smeargle evo / regional form :trode:

Tbh it wasn't so bad, mainly cause Serebii & co pay some poor guys to actually watch these streams and record the like 1 minute total when pokemon actually show up :psysly:
I helped Serebii in 5th / 6th gen as a forum mod and Pokémon of the Week writer. I never got paid lol, I think everyone just volunteered because there's some weird sub group of adults who like Pokémon enough just to do this shit for free.

What is wrong with us?

I helped Serebii in 5th / 6th gen as a forum mod and Pokémon of the Week writer. I never got paid lol, I think everyone just volunteered because there's some weird sub group of adults who like Pokémon enough just to do this shit for free.

What is wrong with us?
most forum moderators aren't paid to be fair. Actually not sure any forum or discord or anything necessarily has paid moderators

probably should be

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm not sure if a teaser, more likely a new pokemon reveal or two.

I do wonder what the quirk of this pokemon would be though. I was going to say that these are targets, but the third image is just rows.
And I wanted to say it's something to do with rainbow, but the first image only has 2 colors.
The rings though look manmade, like they're markers for something. Also, these may not be in the same place but rather scattered all around Paldea. They could maybe have to do with one of the Treasure Hunt quests, if I had to guess the one concerning the Professors' research. If so, if there are in all one place it could be part of a puzzle to solve to accomplish a specific "task", but if the marks are all around Paldea as I think (the colors and patterns meant to be representative of that "segment" of Paldea) they may simply be an easy "over here player" marker to find what the player should be looking for (that way they could hide the thing in a more hidden location for a more dynamic cutscene but without making it too hard for the player).

Yeah it was a neat concept just poor execution. Maybe if they had shown other stuff from the area or halved the running time to 12 hours then it wouldn't have been as bad.
Even then. I'm sorry if it sounds selfish but they needed more happening cause in total, if we take every single instance a Pokemon showed up, there was only a little over 7 minutes of content. That's not being respective of the customer's time. Like, they really should have something going on every 30 minutes or so, even if its just a Pokemon walking past the camera. Heck, maybe even have something happen to the camera which causes issue with the video (it gets knocked over or the angle gets changed, a Pokemon releases a cloud of dust/powder which lingers for a while, something is put in front of the camera/a Pokemon sleeps directly in front of it, etc.), which is of course then you have Galarian Ponyta appear, before 30 minutes later it gets fixed (maybe having Sonia appear in view one once or twice checking to see if the feed is still going). They could even have little stories going on.

"Pika#s, this was just supposed to be a quick thing they threw together to just reveal G-Ponyta". Yeah, well, as Project_Mars said, neat concept but poor execution, and unless they want to put effort into it I wouldn't suggest it again or they change something like, instead of a long stream, have it be a motion camera and it only turns on when something is happening. That way its easy to go back to for those who just check in now and again, and also they could have the official Pokemon Twitter be a part of it notifying everyone "the motion tracker camera has been turned on".

So, here's the Wikipedia page for the Oma Forest and, while not big, has this interesting tidbit: "The projects aims to display the horrible and ghastly harmony between nature and human presence by painting on the trunks of trees, human figures, animals and geometric shapes, some of which are visible only from certain positions". Hmm.

Okay, aside from them just not doing that (no reason they couldn't make Apricorns available in-game), here is a quick list of ideas they could do for digital preorder bonus:
*snipped*
The question with preorder bonuses(as with anything) is what behavior are they trying to encourage, for who, and how effective is it?

Preorder bonuses are supposed to make people register to buy the game early, because that's a guaranteed sale/easier logistics/etc. So who's the target? For this discussion, I'm going to divide the customer base into 3 groups: Veterans, kids, and grandmas. Veterans are us, people who have played several games before, pay attention to the advertising beyond sitting through a commercial on TV, etc. Kids are people who are buying the game(or having it bought for them) for the first or second time. And grandmas are buying the game as a gift for someone else.

All groups like physical merch, but physical merch is a lot more trouble to do, and I'm not surprised they're ignoring that options.

The thing is, I mostly don't think grandmas pre-order. The games drop near XMas, but before the usual Christmas lists and Black Friday sales. So while physical merch is an excellent bonus for them(really fluff out that package with an on-theme shirt or book as well as the game box), you're asking them to decide in Sept/Oct what gift to give little Taylor, which is an excess of planning.

So we have kids and veterans. Kids are new enough to the series that basically any in-game bonus has roughly the same purchase value. If they pay enough attention to the advertising to learn about it, they're still not going to know what the relative benefit of a big nugget vs a pile of balls is. Now, as a company, you probably want this group to get power-ups. They're going to struggle, so a supply of heals or X Items will do a lot. The problem is, this group is unlikely to pre-order; they're not dedicated customers. Now maybe the bonus helps that, but it feels marginal to me. Stuff that ties into other media they're into may be a better option, but even with that I don't expect a ton of pre-orders from them.

Veterans are mostly after unique stuff. Apricorn balls, character outfits, mons with unobtainable moves, etc. What veterans don't want is power-ups(unless it's something like a 31-IV Ditto that really only makes the postgame easier). 'The games are too easy' is a common complaint. And we can grind for items if we want to. So dropping a bunch of heals early doesn't feel like an incentive. And this is a group that's likely to pre-order, because they're dedicated customers.

Which makes the two benefits announced so far very weird. Pre-order gets a bunch of heals, early adopters get Flying Pikachu. I'd use the series mascot that Kids will recognize to incentivize pre-orders, especially since Veterans will seek out the unique moveset. Then just toss a pile of heals at everyone, since it will help everyone and Veterans can just ignore it.

So, here's the Wikipedia page for the Oma Forest and, while not big, has this interesting tidbit: "The projects aims to display the horrible and ghastly harmony between nature and human presence by painting on the trunks of trees, human figures, animals and geometric shapes, some of which are visible only from certain positions". Hmm.
That sounds like a Trevenant regional form.

Prayge Smeargle's regional relative. Maybe with a variation of Sketch in some way.

If they don't do that it's such a missed opportunity.

Yes yes I know Sketch is a stupid move that causes a ton of balance issues but..

Howdy y'all. A new Pokemon revealed, albeit in name only. Its name is Grafaiai.

It's a graffiti based Pokemon.

We don't know what it looks like, or what its typing, stats, abilities, etc. are. But we can expect to see it live and in action soon, perhaps sometime in September!
I mean I'd personally assume we'd see it tomorrow considering the quick 1-day turn around from "wow weird patterns" to "here's the name of the pokemon"

Hoping for them to cut as many cancer mons as possible, so maybe I can have fun again with battling. I love the possibilities of the Tera mechanic and I think some mons could really shine as long as the power level stays low, at least until the inevitable DLCs

The rings though look manmade, like they're markers for something. Also, these may not be in the same place but rather scattered all around Paldea. They could maybe have to do with one of the Treasure Hunt quests, if I had to guess the one concerning the Professors' research. If so, if there are in all one place it could be part of a puzzle to solve to accomplish a specific "task", but if the marks are all around Paldea as I think (the colors and patterns meant to be representative of that "segment" of Paldea) they may simply be an easy "over here player" marker to find what the player should be looking for (that way they could hide the thing in a more hidden location for a more dynamic cutscene but without making it too hard for the player).

Even then. I'm sorry if it sounds selfish but they needed more happening cause in total, if we take every single instance a Pokemon showed up, there was only a little over 7 minutes of content. That's not being respective of the customer's time. Like, they really should have something going on every 30 minutes or so, even if its just a Pokemon walking past the camera. Heck, maybe even have something happen to the camera which causes issue with the video (it gets knocked over or the angle gets changed, a Pokemon releases a cloud of dust/powder which lingers for a while, something is put in front of the camera/a Pokemon sleeps directly in front of it, etc.), which is of course then you have Galarian Ponyta appear, before 30 minutes later it gets fixed (maybe having Sonia appear in view one once or twice checking to see if the feed is still going). They could even have little stories going on.

"Pika#s, this was just supposed to be a quick thing they threw together to just reveal G-Ponyta". Yeah, well, as Project_Mars said, neat concept but poor execution, and unless they want to put effort into it I wouldn't suggest it again or they change something like, instead of a long stream, have it be a motion camera and it only turns on when something is happening. That way its easy to go back to for those who just check in now and again, and also they could have the official Pokemon Twitter be a part of it notifying everyone "the motion tracker camera has been turned on".

Just to clarify.

In the spanish page of Wikipedia (i find this important since Agustín is spanish, even tho this is one of the few places where I can say this without being instantly assassinated because Spain is Different), it just says "the painter and sculptor Agustín Ibarrolla conceived the animated forest or Oma Forest as an example of the relationshiop between nature and human presence". It doesn't state anything regarding horrible or ghastly harmony between nature.

So, I went directly to Agustin Ibarrola's web: https://www.agustinibarrola.com/actividad-artistica/arte-y-naturaleza/el-bosque-de-oma/

Keep in mind this isn't someone analyzing Ibarrola's work, this is a text written by he himself in first person refering to his own work, so this is not subject to a thirds interpretation. The text talks about the mixing of both, tridimensional and bidimensional spaces, and how playing with both of them + perspectives you can display a different style of art. He also talks about how the use of plain colours, otherwise a bit hated it seems in his office, truly helps to convey different emotions based on the lightning. So when you enter the forest and see some of the figures you can feel something different from when you leave the forest and see the same figures, because hours have passed and the clarity differs (something you can't achieve in a musseum for example, because the picture depicted always has the same lightning applied). He goes a bit more in depth than this, of course, but ends up describing it as "a stimulating, playful and energetic experience".

These are extracts of a book called Arte y Naturaleza.

Howdy y'all. A new Pokemon revealed, albeit in name only. Its name is Grafaiai.

It's a graffiti based Pokemon.

We don't know what it looks like, or what its typing, stats, abilities, etc. are. But we can expect to see it live and in action soon, perhaps sometime in September!
We actually do know what it looks like, kinda. The Pokemon appears in the shadows of all three of the new pictures.

The second picture has the most clear silhouette:
20220830_140832.jpg

Looks like some kind of wolf to me.

Grafaiai's Japanese name, 「タギングル」, is probably best romanized as "Tagginguru" or "Taggingle". Thought there might be a better clue to what animal it was in another language...but it's just more tag art references

Last edited:
Grafaiai's Japanese name, 「タギングル」, is probably best romanized as "Tagginguru" or "Taggingle". Thought there might be a better clue to what animal it was in another language...but it's just more tag art references
What…hold up.
Tagginguru
Oranguru
:ss/Oranguru:

My first impression upon seeing Grafaiai's silhouette was that it looks like an alternate Aipom evolution, since it could plausibly have a hand on its tail like Aipom does. I'm not sure if the potential aye-aye theme supports that idea, even if aye-ayes are also primates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)