Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

What puzzled me is why they just didn't give it Psychic Surge. Same result plus a boost to Psychic moves.
I have seen people saying it's not a perfect Dazzling/Queenly Magesty clone because of the wording if the description
Armor Tail said:
It makes opposing Pokémon unable to use priority moves.
Dazzling Queenly Majesty said:
[...]making it unable to attack using priority moves.
I dunno that seems to be the same. The description does say "attack" but those abilities still blocked non-attack priority.

So which TMs do you think these are? 12 looks like either Low Kick or Low Sweep, 16 seems obviously like Psybeam, 19 seems like Disarming Voice, 13 looks very much like Metal Claw, and 130 is 100% Helping Hand. Not sure what 10, 15, and 40 could be though.

Edit:

You already have to be that typing to get the Adaptability boost though, so it isn't like that bit couldn't be seen coming from Team Preview.
TM10 is Ice Fang. TM15 is Struggle Bug

Drowsy, Frostburn and weather that makes you miss 50% of the time unless you use - accuracy moves will never hit main series (luckily) outside of encounter-specific gimmicks.
In all honesty: I wouldn't mind Frostburn replacing Freeze. It gives Ice moves a status effect that can put at more than a 10% proc chance on and allows for stuff like "Will 'o Wisp but Frostburn" and "Static but Frostburn" since it is no longer attached to a really strong status effect.

it's wild to me how NOTHING the explanation was, even the site doesnt clarify literally anything. Just "wow, you can find eggs!"
Yes, and I don't like that.

Because, let's say, how fast is it? Or how does the game tells you? Do you have to see the entire animation of the character entering the camp just to check if there's an egg or no? And do it every time for every single egg? Like imagine you are hatching an egg with your bycicle as always, do you have to just check the camp every time? Idk...

I hope this is just an added mechanic and we get to keep traditional breeding.

What puzzled me is why they just didn't give it Psychic Surge. Same result plus a boost to Psychic moves.
I have seen people saying it's not a perfect Dazzling/Queenly Magesty clone because of the wording if the description
Well we already have 2.5 Psychic Terrain setters and this new ability apparently blocks all priority moves from being used, including prankster screens or protect.

Well we already have 2.5 Psychic Terrain setters and this new ability apparently blocks all priority moves from being used, including prankster screens or protect.
1665069910705.png

The wording is the same wording they have used for 6 years for Queenly Majesty and Dazzling.
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/tsareena
1665069779580.png

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/bruxish
1665069805823.png

https://press.pokemon.com/en/releases/DEBUT-OF-NINE-NEW-POKEMON-FOR-POKEMON-SUN-AND-POKEMON-MOON-
1665069813582.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4qm2s2/_/d4uwkdx
1665069882375.png

I'd think the simple reasoning is that this kind of setter abilities are usually given out in groups.
When they gave a new lap of Weather abilities in gen 7, they gave 1 (or more) of each type.
When they decided to make auto terrain setting no longer Tapu Exclusive in gen 8 (likely due to the mechanic itself being interesting and tapus not being in the game for a while), they obviously gave the ability to 1 pokemon per type.

If they were to give a new Psychic Surge user, most likely they'd also have had to come up with 3 more for the other 3 terrains.

That said if this was to be the case
that alone could automatically make the pokemon VGC viable assuming its stats arent garbage.
Big assumption, though, Normal/Psychic isn't exactly a great offensive type, even if you were to factor in teralyze.

I'd think the simple reasoning is that this kind of setter abilities are usually given out in groups.
When they gave a new lap of Weather abilities in gen 7, they gave 1 (or more) of each type.
When they decided to make auto terrain setting no longer Tapu Exclusive in gen 8 (likely due to the mechanic itself being interesting and tapus not being in the game for a while), they obviously gave the ability to 1 pokemon per type.

If they were to give a new Psychic Surge user, most likely they'd also have had to come up with 3 more for the other 3 terrains.

That said if this was to be the case

that alone could automatically make the pokemon VGC viable assuming its stats arent garbage.
Big assumption, though, Normal/Psychic isn't exactly a great offensive type, even if you were to factor in teralyze.
I think doipy dragged that 6 year old deleted post to show how people misinterpretedd it at the time

We don't know if it does that, Dazzling/Queenly Majesty do not block prankster screens/protect.
I say that based on the wording.
Dazzling:
Surprises the opposing Pokémon, making it unable to attack using priority moves.
Queenly Majesty:
Its majesty pressures the opposing Pokémon, making it unable to attack using priority moves.
Armor Tail:
Farigiraf’s Ability, Armor Tail, is another new Ability appearing for the first time in these titles. It makes opposing Pokémon unable to use priority moves.
Of course wording isn’t something that 100% confirms something. Like how Eviolite says it raises the Def and SpD of NFE Pokemon, but doesn’t work with Meltan and doesn’t affect Body Press. Things could be worded to imply something else.

Ok so I looked through the part with the sleeping Farigiraf to make sure nothing was misinterpreted and uh. It very visibly took chip damage from Sleep

Yeah ok this is something else
To me that doesn't like sleep at all...

- Chansey isnt using any sleep move in first place.
- Drifloon actually attacks while asleep
- the status goes away at random on the GiragarigV2
- there's also generic chip damage going around
- the clip is also cut in many points, so this may also just be a mash of separated fights for the video.

I specifically said "outside of encounter specific gimmicks" earlier for this kind of reasons: from what I remind, it was implied that Tera-Raids are actually not "turn based" but everyone gets to do their stuff separately.

Incidentally, the ZZZ may very well be "Drowsy-like" effect, or a slow, or something similar, but mainly due to the "real time" nature of the Teralyze battles. Kinda like certain moves had different effects or were not usable during Dynamax Raids due to the nature of the "4 player" battle.

.....THAT SAID, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong. Despite my words, I wouldn't actually mind Drowsy/Frostburn to replace the mainline statuses. I just don't see that happening.

I think doipy dragged that 6 year old deleted post to show how people misinterpretedd it at the time
Ah I see, my bad there.

A shame though, that'd be a interesting mechanic unironically.

I don't think there's been a crafting system I enjoyed. It being the main way to get TMs is a huge turn-off. I'm also not a fan of required autobattle segments or the picnic segments being required for breeding. Maybe I'll be excited for Farigiraf in Gen 14 or something when the series starts getting back on track.

Overall, I had no expectaitons but was still disappointed.

I say that based on the wording.
Dazzling:
Surprises the opposing Pokémon, making it unable to attack using priority moves.
Queenly Majesty:
Its majesty pressures the opposing Pokémon, making it unable to attack using priority moves.
Armor Tail:
Farigiraf’s Ability, Armor Tail, is another new Ability appearing for the first time in these titles. It makes opposing Pokémon unable to use priority moves.
Of course wording isn’t something that 100% confirms something. Like how Eviolite says it raises the Def and SpD of NFE Pokemon, but doesn’t work with Meltan and doesn’t affect Body Press. Things could be worded to imply something else.
The press release for Bruxish and the website (archive, use inspect element to clear the loading screen) use the same wording.
1665070602030.png

1665070723159.png

Well... If the ability is just "enemies can't use priority moves" it's not either P. Terrain and Queenly Majesty/Dazzling. The former requires the pokemon to be grounded, and also affects friend side. The latter makes only the user "immune" to priority moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)