SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Right. I guess this is tied to the rumor of each professor being MIA in the opposite version. The sketches and black-and white photography of the Donphans clearly means that no one has been in there (or at least returned) with modern technology. It is interesting that the Violet book is also ancient meaning that the "future" Paradoxes have been kicking it in Paldea's present for quite some time.
It's also interesting since I think the crater does have an observation platform on one of the ridges

It'll be interesting to see how it all ties together

What purpose that observation platform would serve is beyond me, what exactly would someone in there be observing? The swirling fog? Either the fog is recent or that's an access point of some kind. The nature of the crater's geography makes exploring it safely impossible- perhaps the box legendary is needed to navigate safely.

I would risk my life in saying that everyone who is registered here has been aware of this fact for, at least, the last 15 years. Saying this should be the same as telling someone if they know Pokémon are pocket monsters. Thank you for the information, altho i'd have just take a look at my rack where I've the original japanese green, red, blue and yellow, which, btw, don't worry, I'm also aware they are different form the ones that released later in the US. No need to take Bulbapedia further.

Lugia is predominantly White, not blue. Compare this:

View attachment 463720

With this

View attachment 463721

Yveltal and Xerneas, alongside X and Y, are a direct tribute to Red and Blue themselves, that's the reason why Zygarde is also green and the reason why the 3 legendaries share predominant colours with the weather trio from Hoenn, and Zamazenta and Zacian are the same Pokémon with minor differences in their held item form.

Every single generation of Pokémon has been divided in cold and warm colours, usually bluish and red/pink, but not in each one those colors have been similarly predominant. Diamond and Pearl aren't as Blue and Red as the originals Blue and Red, for example (pearl is pink btw). Sun and Moon is more of an Orange Purple combo.

In fact, the color red isn't even in Pokémon Pearl box art, and Diamond has a very strong mixture of blue with black. The only editions in the history of the franchise that share the same strong blue and red as an almost monocrome box art and legendaries are Ruby and Sapphire. There's a clear difference, we shouldn't even be discussing this when it's demostrable by just watching it.
You went the long route of explaining all of this instead of just saying "Pokemon Black and White" and case closed.
Actually it still fits, and Pokemon BW basically confirms such theming. Reshiram and Zekrom both glow Red (for Reshiram) and Blue (for Zekrom) when using their attacks. Additionally, their eyes are also Red (Zekrom) and Blue (Reshiram), which is reflective of the Yin-Yang dynamic and the eyes being the dot commonly seen on Yin-Yang symbols. This being a coincidence would be extremely unlikely and it makes sense for GameFreak to do something like this, so I say games do follow a Red/Blue format.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That's valid, but it's not what I was talking about. That's just centralization, which can happens pretty much regardless of which Pokémon make up the metagame.

But for lore reasons, I'd rather see a metagame centralized around ordinary Pokémon than around legendaries and super forms. For a tournament of trainers gathered for Pokémon battles, it somehow feels more right that "every trainer went down to the seaside to catch one of the coral eaters, everyone bred birds from the forest, most of them went to the deep jungles to get one of the gorilla Pokémon", etc., instead of "every trainer stepped through a wormhole arising from the once-in-a-lifetime cataclysm and caught an eldritch abomination from dimensions beyond human understanding, every trainer befriended the ancient sacred guardian deity that only shows itself once every thousand years and brought it to battle as if it were a pet dog (then did that same thing for three other ancient sacred guardian deities of various flavours), most of them tamed one of the creators of the universe like it was nothing, literally all of them express the ultra-rare ability to create a deep bond with their Pokémon and are in the possession of a priceless heirloom that can summon the powers of Mega Evolution", and so on.

Legendaries are meant to be special, but if they are thrown around like candy, they kind of lose that flavour. "There's only one Groudon ... except if you go to that tournament, where 21 out of 24 players brought one. Want to join the tournament? Just get the literal manifestation of time and space and a few other gods like it on your team, then you may have a fighting chance."

Mechanics-wise, it's not that much of a problem. But it really goes against the feel of the games. It's not so much "a kid and the friendly creatures they picked up along an adventure", it's "a kid and a bunch of once-in-a-lifetime miracles that happened in quick succession, and it also did to everyone else".

Nah, just give me the good ol' regular 'mons you find in nature, please, instead of this incessant deity spam.
Honestly, I feel the same.

On the other hand, the normal mons are sins against nature such as Toxapex and Clefable, so I guess it's a hopeless scenario lol.

It's also interesting since I think the crater does have an observation platform on one of the ridges

It'll be interesting to see how it all ties together
And if there's a force keeping them there –– doesn't seem to me like there's anything stopping Roaring Moon or Iron Hydra from simply flying out. Maybe Koraidon/Miraidon are what enable them to leave via the Orialchum Pulse and Hadron Engine respectively.

And if there's a force keeping them there –– doesn't seem to me like there's anything stopping Roaring Moon or Iron Hydra from simply flying out. Maybe Koraidon/Miraidon are what enable them to leave via the Orialchum Pulse and Hadron Engine respectively.
(don't take this serously)
What if we're supposed to take Kaka's "useless without the leader" literally? The ability makes them unselectable unless you also have the respective box legend on your team

Incidentally the latest trailer showed a part of the opening that the earlier leak didn't: the -aidon flies out of the middle of the fog (storm...?), and then presumably crash lands right after that (the part we saw (and then the parakeets happen))

I've said before all the stories likely have their own seeds, Arven being the most obvious one currently, but since I bet the town with the observation tower likely has a gym, i bet the gym path intersects with that specifically and we get a little extra insight into our lizards and where they came from that way. In addition to Nemona who I bet tie in some fashion; people have mentioned Nemona's weird name for a while now (& wouldn't surprise me if Geeta's got something else going on as well related to all this).

really curious what Star brings to the table. It's probably the one we know the least about; even leakers only gave us typings and that Penny's the leader iirc so we really only have the most face value stuff.

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
Welcome to pokemon leakers feeding on power trip by dropping leaks slowly and in stupid riddles for attention instead of just being normal people and dumping the games right away :zonger:
They don't try to share the infos lol, they want to be that one guy who leaked things mysteriously.
Contacted lots of them so they spread the sheet to anyone in need, got no answer from leakers, but the Youtubers responded :bloblul:
Shows you the difference in mentality.

I was originally a bit 'meh' on the Skeledirge stats and hidden ability as it felt underwhelming to the other two, but now that I think about it, Skeledirge could be a unique counter to sweepers who set up thanks to Unaware, depending on whether it gets access to Confuse Ray/Hex/WoW.
It's a Fire/Ghost-type. It's more likely to get Hydro Pump than it is to NOT get Will-o-Wisp.

They don't try to share the infos lol, they want to be that one guy who leaked things mysteriously.
Contacted lots of them so they spread the sheet to anyone in need, got no answer from leakers, but the Youtubers responded :bloblul:
Shows you the difference in mentality.
For Twitter leakers, they only have the reveal season every 4 years for their time in the spotlight, to gather fame and clout.

For YouTubers, they need to build up trust, dependability and keep that going throughout their whole YouTube career and compete against the 20 other similar YouTubers.

You can see the differences in their goals

Anyone else think Skelidurge is gonna be bad? I mean its most likely gonna be slow and a Slow Fire/Ghost type when there are already much better Fire/Ghost pokemon doesn't seem promising.

Skeliurge has to compete with Alolan Marowak, Blasephalon, Chandelure, and Ceruledge (who is being added this gen).

Skeliruge is gonna be PU/NU I can feel it.

Judging from Skeledirge's stats and abilities it seems I was right?

Also when is the Dunsparce evo, stats, and abilities gonna be revealed? Same for the Steel/Fairy hammer mon.

Expecting starters to be competitive in higher tiers strikes me as not completely rational. There'll be some good ones every now and then but it's like...relax, lol. Your favorite doesn't have be good.

At least in singles standard formats the writing is clearly on the wall for a slow bulky Ghost/Fire mon outside some unforeseen niche/stall builds. Slow, weak to Rocks, Knock Off, EQ, Shadow Ball + wrong spread for its typing. I don't think Monotype has use for this thing either because Fire and Ghost are both offensive types with vastly better options in that role and dual typing.

As someone pointed out already Blacephalon is as good as that typing can possibly get unless Ceruledge gets a good spread and Fighting coverage.

Last edited:
Expecting starters to be competitive in higher tiers strikes me as not completely rational. There'll be some good ones every now and then but it's like...relax, lol. Your favorite doesn't have be good.

At least in singles standard formats the writing is clearly on the wall for a slow Ghost/Fire mon outside some unforeseen niche build. Slow, weak to Rocks, Knock Off, EQ, wrong spread for its typing.

As someone pointed out already Blacephalon is as good as that typing can possibly get unless Ceruledge gets a good spread and Fighting coverage.
I agree that we should not expect starters to be competitive in higher tiers but it doesn't make sense to compare a bulky pokemon with Unaware to Blacephalon just because they share a type. If Skeledirge is going to be good, it's going to be because it can function like an alternative Quagsire and work against setup sweepers

This isn't a direct comparison (especially because I'm not expecting Skeledirge to be anywhere near as good), but I'm reminded of when Sword and Shield were datamined and I saw several people immediately dismiss Corviknight because its bulk wasn't good enough and we already had several bulky steel/flying pokemon. Granted that was partially because people thought it was going to have higher stats than it did based on ranges calculated before the datamine, but it's funny to remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)