SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Does someone that got to watch/play have infos on how the game as a whole is? Is the overworld intresting? Is the level curve good? Is a mechanic causing problems? So on and so forth.
I'm loving this gen's mon, but they won't make a playthrough enjoyable on their own.

I was more thinking along the lines of "Magcargo read the item correctly but was being sarcastic" vs. "Magcargo misread the item as Klutz in the opposite direction, and thought how good that is for detrimental abilities"
Nah I was being sarcastic lol. Though it would have been cool if it did act like Klutz or a self-imposed Gastro Acid since as is, the item seems like a very fringe counterpick option.

Also, it appears "Great Tusk" and its associates are the real names used for all encounters.

EDIT: Protosynthesis text added. It's exactly as we thought, but there seems to be a held item that also procs its effect.

View attachment 464036View attachment 464037
Eyyyyy Great Tusk has Knock Off snd Rapid Spin.

Also that ability is pretty impressive. So sunlight needed for Protosynthesis and Electric Terrain for Quark Drive? Highest stat hm....

these leaks just kinda made me notice how big the gap of care and quality the japanese inspired mons vs everything else is. yeah yeah japanese company but if you're going out of your way to use another country for your game, could at least pretend to care a bit beyond "went to spain for 2 weeks and used the most tourist bait things as only research" and "latam and spain are close enough, right?"
I think with both Galar and Paldea they have not just taken inspiration from the country but also the empires. Stuff like Copperajah in Galar signifying Britain's conquest of India or Gimmighoul or Quaquaval kind of referencing Spain and Portugal's influence on South America.

so the whole thing leaked while i was asleep, pog champ as the kids would say.

who's willing to bet Pawmi3 is going to be called "Pawmmel"?

Anyways, memes aside I'm very happy to see the game leaking from more normally functioning people. y'know, instead of giving extremely vague hints and/or descriptions (bonus points if accompanied by freak comments), and people who think they are gods for us to praise for posting half a leg of someone's monster OC for a kid's game, trying to drag out the 5 minutes of relevance they have once every 3 years for as long as possible. Just posting the whole thing, no ridiculous cropping, no super blur/extreme zoom in, no riddles, just pictures.

Eyyyyy Great Tusk has Knock Off snd Rapid Spin.

Also that ability is pretty impressive. So sunlight needed for Protosynthesis and Electric Terrain for Quark Drive? Highest stat hm....
wow, that means iron hands is gonna be disgusting with a belly drum. imagine a tera steel +6 bullet punch with 140 base atk in electric terrain. the ancient salamence is awesome n all, but i think i'll go with violet :)

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, it appears "Great Tusk" and its associates are the real names used for all encounters.

EDIT: Protosynthesis text added. It's exactly as we thought, but there seems to be a held item that also procs its effect.

This is pretty crazy on certain fusions. Essentially by sacrificing your item slot, you get a free boost to your highest stat. Even being modest and assume this is 50% instead of traditional x2, this makes most offensive mons listed here pretty insane, as you essentially have a choice item that doesn't lock your moves or an AV that doesn't restrict Move slots. If these items can't be knocked off it could actually go crazy, and be well worth having a yee yee ass ability slot.

oh god, this will break the meta hard. 7 strong-ass Pokemon get to boost their stat of choice in Sun. and 7 more in Electric Terrain (although that's less threatening since Koko isn't in the dex, remind me if Pincurchin made it through the cut?)

oh god, this will break the meta hard. 7 strong-ass Pokemon get to boost their stat of choice in Sun. and 7 more in Electric Terrain (although that's less threatening since Koko isn't in the dex, remind me if Pincurchin made it through the cut?)
Pincurchin is in. Same for Torkoal.

Getting to gain your ability boost in exchange for losing your item slot is a neat concept. Nicely makes them still good in OU etc but makes them even better in Ubers where you can get both... until Kyogre starts terrorising the tier.

Both dragons will obviously be top tier in ubers, but I think Miraidon (and by extension any Quark Drive Pokemon that make the cut) might have more consistency purely because there are no other viable terrain setters in that format.

Last edited:
If Quark Drive can just be activated in regular ol' Electric Terrain as it sounds like, then Ironitar and Hariyiron suddenly look a bit more promising, considering their ability will activate and get their STAB beefed up.

funnily enough, for Irondreigon its ability will activate on Electric Terrain, but it itself wont be able to get any benefits from the terrain, being off the ground and all.

Also, we heard of OP Abilities getting nerfed this gen, most often being one-time use. What if weather and terrain abilities get the same treatment? Do we know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)