SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi! I'm not sure if it helps to say so, but I remember having problems with my work being attributed to other people around the time of BDSP, and I found it helpful to add credits to the sheet itself!

For instance, your own sheet plainly declares "This is not Centro's Sheet, it does not belong to them" in very big red letters,
but... you didn't put your name anywhere on the sheet as far as I can tell. You're relying on other people to be decent enough to give you credit where it's due, but if you keep getting burned, genuinely the easiest way to fix that is just making sure the sheet itself says where it comes from, so even people who follow a link to the sheet without credit will see that it's yours.

I've done this with my sheets in the past, and most people are decent about making sure my name ends up in any videos and screenshots because it's always visible on the sheet - it helps a lot when other leak compilers have problems doing this. C:
You can see an example of this in the top row of my sheet from earlier, which clearly states who made the sheet (me) and where the data came from (slp32) and has a link to the original mine for comparison's sake - it's impossible for anyone using my sheet not to know where it originated, even if whoever links the sheet doesn't choose to extend that courtesy themself. It's a good strategy to avoid stuff like this without placing undue faith in the other leak compilers if you keep seeing your work linked without the context or credit - just make sure the context and credit you want viewers to have is all contained in the link!
On a related note, I know you asked about adding my sheet to yours, but is there any chance you might add that line back to it? For the same reasons we're already talking about and all!
There is my name on the top. Multiple times. That's the problem.

Not a problem for me, Idc, just another proof that they never read what they send. I could write the N-word everywhere on my sheet, and they would still relay it.

Also worth noting that it is according to the scarlet dex.

In violet, the dex will probably mention that the ancient mons are probably from some mythological fiction magazines.

Also, does anyone know what that pokealphabet on the pokedex says?
I'm really starting to think that both the Scarlet and Violet Books are anthologies of issues of those magazines.

Speaking of that, Koraidon is mentioned in its Scarlet Pokedex entry to also be mentioned in that "expedition journal" implied to be the Scarlet Book:
Koraidon: This seems to be the Winged King mentioned in an old expedition journal. It was said to have split the land with its bare fists.
...and, therefore, even Koraidon seems to be about as Paradox and fictional as the actual Paradox-category Pokemon. Now I bet that the first Koraidon witnessing in the flesh took place less than 100 years ago in-universe.

No, but you still need to throw a move first before Sword Dance, which can be a big deal.

EDIT: changed SD to Sword Dance for clarity.

EDIT: by the way this is the best any gen 9 Zacian set (barring tera) can do against Unaware Clodsire:
+1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clodsire: 196-232 (42.2 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
Behemoth blade isn't even a thing anymore, poor doggo (who am I kidding).
A Centro Twitter post with a video showcase of hacked-in Chien-Pao (somewhere in this thread features that Twitter post) literally has it use Behemoth Blade. As far as I'm aware, at least for Hackmons purposes, that move hasn't been snapped.

I actually don't believe Bolt Beak or Double Iron Bash has been snapped either, despite the latest reports.

I've been so tempted to grab a copy off of Ebay with 2 day shipping for the ridiculous markup :smogduck:

Can't justify paying like 30 extra dollars for 2 day earlier access, though.

So random thought but could Frosmoth be a fair bit more viable now? Mixture of snow being more desirable than hail, powerful Stab blizzard, Aurora veil and the mix of def boost in snow plus ice scales.
Depends on whatever tier that Abomasnow ends up in. Remember that on launch, there’ll only be 3 setters who don’t need to waste a turn using it themselves (Snover line and Slowking). Slowking is obviously guaranteed to be in the higher tiers, so it just depends on where Abomasnow ends up.

A funny gimmick you can do for VGC is Symbiosis Oranguru and a Paradox mon. The Paradox immediately consumes its Booster Energy upon entry and Symbiosis Oranguru immediately gives its held item to the Paradox letting you have a Paradox with an activated ability + a held item without needing Sun or Electric Terrain.

Although I'm not sure of the practicality of this since it looks like the only TR Paradox is Hariyama. I guess Oranguru can be support outside Trick Room with Instruct and Screens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)