SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I just beat the game and honestly, if you don't overlevel or use items in battle, some of these bosses can get pretty tough. They have actual movesets, their own Terastilization at the end and good Pokemon used.

Except the Top Champion. For some reason, the Elite 4 had way more difficulty than her. I sweeped her while I struggled on Larry (like all of his Pokemon had Drill Run for my frail Electric-type and outlasting my Garganacl)

The final Nemona fight was particularly tough. I was 4ish levels under, her Pokemon have actual movesets, BST, she sets up Stealth Rocks.

Maybe if I was preparing a bit better it'd have been super easy, but that's kind of my point?

For every other Pokemon game, I can just pick any 6 Pokemon and steamroll with little effort. In SV, avoiding most side content and trainers led to me having to grind, and actually play decently. I feel like challenge runs have huge potential, because you can't just roll over a gym with Magikarp... I say, until someone does that, someday.

Larry's gym is crazy because Normal-Tera Staraptor just says No to death. It was surprisingly tanky, and after trying to paralyze it for speed, its Facade 2HKO my Naclstack, lol.

I'm not saying the game is hard mind you, but that if you don't at least try to make a nice team and don't take the onus to do side content, the game isn't going to just sit there and take it, which is refreshing.

To me, the game was great. The main problem is the performance, which I've honestly gotten used to despite it being genuinely bad. It feels like a great game wrapped in a bad performance blanket.

The story really changed what I thought Pokemon games could be. It was crazy, I'm glad I wasn't spoiled.

I've seen comments on the music in this thread, and it works a lot better in-game. It usually carries on from where the route theme is, which makes it feel very dynamic and keeps a nice "flow", I guess I'd say.

The graphics are pretty good... for Switch. The main thing is rocks and cliffs. Has anyone else noticed that Game Freak just can't figure out mountains??? Still, it doesn't have to look half bad there either.

There's tons of new animations I noticed, which made me happy. Not just in battle. Like tons of Pokemon *actually* swimming, like Psyduck.

Autobattles made grinding way faster and more satisfying. And exploration I felt was very rewarding.

It feels like what SWSH should have been, pretty much. Love and care put into every byte of that file size, lots of soul. It never felt corporate.

I feel like this game is great, and the flaws is honestly... exciting? Because it means the next game can be that much better.

Sorry, for a random rant, I guess. Just my thoughts after 26 hours of play.

At least Night Shade has some new users among old pokémon, off the top of my head there is the Venonat line. But yeah, not that relevant.
1668483539540.png

ah in that case they obviously just took it from Pokemon Prism

With sammiches apparently taking over field duties, are there Synchronize sandwiches or do they just expect you to mint everything like a Neanderthal?
Maybe I'm a bit OCD about it but I hated not being able to get my preferred natures on legendaries in SS.
Would like to know as well. Part of why I never finished PLA was because of me grinding wild alphas for a specific nature.

Late to the Mega Evolution conversation but frankly the most likely scenario I see them coming back in is a potential Legends: Zygarde game, ie a game situated in ancient Kalos, when we revisit that region again.

Special mechanics nowadays are pretty established to be tied to certain regions: in the case of Mega Evolution, it's tied pretty heavily to Kalos, and to an extent Hoenn, and any time we revisit Kalos is the main instance we can expect to see Mega Evolutions again. A Legends: Zygarde game would be a point where we see Megas again, but since Legends games are aggressively single player experiences that means it's unlikely we'll see Megas again in a PvP/competitive environment anytime soon. But in a single-player PvE game that is rather lore heavy like a Legends game in Kalos I could totally see Megas coming back for that specifically, especially since they are more or less Kalos' thing. Despite their absence in the mainline games other media actively go out of their way to continue acknowledging it which means it's not gone forever, but it will be very limited in which games it shows up in, and the next time we visit Kalos again is the most likely scenario we will see them again in the core series.

Also the bringing over of the Kalos starters through HOME led to some speculation that they might do something adjacent to Kalos in one of the DLCs, especially given how close France and Spain are to one another.
A decent part of me is hoping we get to visit Kiloude City and do an updated Battle Maison, seeing as there is currently no facility, and Kiloude is already only accessible by train on the Kalos map, and it is in the South right above Paldea (assuming they're connected at all).

I just posted about this in the datamine thread, but I might as well plug it here, too!
I have a fun surprise!!

MASSIVE thanks once again to slp32, who dedicated a ton of their time this morning to providing this data on my request and making sure it was as accessible as possible! This would not have been possible at all without them!!

Okay, so uh...!
Here are all of the Trainer teams!!
(regular doc link if you prefer: here!)
say, great work! i have a question. the doc lists the dragon trainer’s e4 rematch team. do you have the other elite four rematch teams by chance?

It's been almost a week now since we saw the whole pokedex.

I still cannot look at the word "Kilowattrel" without my brain immediately spitting back out "Krilowatt".

It's like the evil version of the brain worms that make me remember the names nattorei and rupushin from gen 5 prerelease.

I KNEW something was up with that name, I just couldn't quite grasp what it was.

Late to the Mega Evolution conversation but frankly the most likely scenario I see them coming back in is a potential Legends: Zygarde game, ie a game situated in ancient Kalos, when we revisit that region again.

Special mechanics nowadays are pretty established to be tied to certain regions: in the case of Mega Evolution, it's tied pretty heavily to Kalos, and to an extent Hoenn, and any time we revisit Kalos is the main instance we can expect to see Mega Evolutions again. A Legends: Zygarde game would be a point where we see Megas again, but since Legends games are aggressively single player experiences that means it's unlikely we'll see Megas again in a PvP/competitive environment anytime soon. But in a single-player PvE game that is rather lore heavy like a Legends game in Kalos I could totally see Megas coming back for that specifically, especially since they are more or less Kalos' thing. Despite their absence in the mainline games other media actively go out of their way to continue acknowledging it which means it's not gone forever, but it will be very limited in which games it shows up in, and the next time we visit Kalos again is the most likely scenario we will see them again in the core series.

The only problem is that (as far as I know) Mega Evolution has nothing tying it any specific region other than the Mega Lucario/Rayquaza backstories which only talk about its origins. Contrast this to Z-Moves drawing upon the "island energy" of Alola and Dynamax requiring Power Spots, and doubtless some kind of explanation for Terastallization as well.

In other words, GF marketing is really the only thing stopping Megas from returning. Gee thanks. :changry:

It's been almost a week now since we saw the whole pokedex.

I still cannot look at the word "Kilowattrel" without my brain immediately spitting back out "Krilowatt".

It's like the evil version of the brain worms that make me remember the names nattorei and rupushin from gen 5 prerelease.

I know a similar pain.

Every time I look at Palafin, the adjacent phrase “Zero to Hero” runs through my head, and instantly triggers that song from Disney’s Hercules.

Four straight days of this. This damn dolphin came loaded with psychic malware. :row:

If Night Shade's learnlist is anything like Metal Claw it consists EXCLUSIVELY of shit that already has it lol
Also, Metal Claw's distribution is not as bad as you think. From a quick check, the Slakoth line, Groudon and all forms of Meowth and Persian have gotten it.

However, then there are stupid situations like this:
Charmander gets Metal Claw as a TM (also has it as an egg move :pikuh:).
Charmeleon and Charizard cannot learn it via TM.

Also the bringing over of the Kalos starters through HOME led to some speculation that they might do something adjacent to Kalos in one of the DLCs, especially given how close France and Spain are to one another.
We're getting Andorra as DLC. It will cost 60 USD and you will like your new microstate lands :psysly:

Personally, I'd think the Azores going to be the primary DLC expansion area, since with SwSh both DLC areas were a part of British Isles. Would stand to reason that the new area would follow the same trend of being part of the same state, and islands are pretty easy to shove in. They might get away with a separate area in the Pyrenees, but I don't think GF has demonstrated a desire to blend in cultures like that. Though, with how many baffling decisions GF has made in the past couple of years, who knows :/.

So I've had a couple of questions stewing and seen no sign of the answers.
  • Are the genie storms affected by weather?
    • E.g. does Bleakwind Storm gain accuracy in rain like the Hurricane it's obviously meant to replace?
  • Is there a table of size data anywhere?
    • It'd be nice to have data like Koraidon's weight for Heavy Slam calcs.
      • EDIT: I am now aware this information can be found in RoiDadadou's spreadsheet. Koraidon is 303kg.
    • I'd also like to learn the upper and lower size limits of goofs like Clodsire.
If any of this has been addressed anywhere, please point me to it.

Last edited:
Just got finished with the horrible idea of binge-reading this entire thread over the past few days

Fairly certain this was only just past page 230 when I started lmao
Plus, just darkest lariat? All isle of armor moves bar expanding force, steel roller, terrain pulse, flip turn, dual wingbeat and skitter smack just went poof

Found it quite funny this guy mentioned Darkest Lariat as an IoA tutor move and nobody batted an eye

Anyway, actually kinda related thing I noticed:
The Charcadet line being near the end of the index order is a little odd, and at the very least what appears to be Armarouge's evolution item is as well (the Auspicious Armor, #2344), but then why would Ceruledge's (the Malicious Armor, #1861) be one of the very first?

i know it's been discussed, but just wanted to point a few things out
firstly wide lens + population bomb increases its expected bp from 117 to 189, an increase of over 60% - better than LO and band
secondly, flinch rate with kings rock (pls stay banned) on population bomb is 41%. combined with beat up to hit ghosts which has aflinch rate of 47% at max party size, this sounds absolutely disgusting

finally, if skill link affects triple axel, do we think loaded dice will affect population bomb? not exactly sure how that would end up working, but if that were the case (and boosted it to like minimum 8 hits), that could be the play. if you still have accuracy rolls for hits 9 and 10, the expected bp is 175, but also means you can run other technician-boosted multi hit moves

edit: wide lens technician boosted population bomb hits as hard as scarf fishious rend from vish

Last edited:
So I've had a couple of questions stewing and seen no sign of the answers.
  • Are the genie storms affected by weather?
    • E.g. does Bleakwind Storm gain accuracy in rain like the Hurricane it's obviously meant to replace?
  • Is there a table of sizedata anywhere?
    • It'd be nice to have data like Koraidon's weight for Heavy Slam calcs.
      • EDIT: I am now aware this information can be found in RoiDadadou's spreadsheet. Koraidon is 303kg.
    • I'd also like to learn the upper and lower size limits of goofs like Clodsire.
If any of this has been addressed anywhere, please point me to it.
Got the height on the Sheet.

Didn't see the edit, so tired lmao.

Back