Research Scarlet & Violet Battle Mechanics Research

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Does Booster Energy not trigger when Sun/ETerrain is active (depending on ability of course)?

If you Terastallise into the Flying type, what type are you while you're Roosting?

If you Skill Swap either Libero or Protean, will it trigger again?

How does Ditto/Imposter function vs Terastalized Pokemon? When I sent a Ditto into a Terastalized (Flying-type) Iron Moth it turned into a Flying type as well and did not appear to keep the Fire/Poison STAB based on the damage I did vs it. Wondering if it's actually supposed to work like that. Also: what happens when you Terastalize a Ditto yourself? What happens when you switch it out after Terastalizing and then switch it back in?
This post seems to define it differently.

It does not copy the opposing Tera Type on Transform, instead copying the natural Type. If you Tera your Transformed Ditto, it becomes Ditto's own Tera Type. If Ditto switches out and back in, it has its Tera Type still applied on switch-in prior to Transform. If Ditto proceeds to Transform again, it stays its Tera Type instead of copying the opponent's Typing.

glitched

formerly bored_glitch
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
which stat does booster energy prioritise if stats are the same ev wise / base stat wise, if any?

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
How does the move Soak interact with Terastalyze?
Does it fail?
Does it correctly replace the type, but the pokemon still keeps their original stabs?

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Sorry for another one so fast,

Does a terastilyzed pokemon keep the status immunities of their original typing?

(Ex: If a poison type terastilyzes into a normal type, can it now be poisoned.)

DarkFE

Heal Bells ringing
is a Pokemon Researcher
Hi. Two more results this time. Hope they help.

If you Terastallise into the Flying type, what type are you while you're Roosting?
A Pokemon Terastallized into the Flying-type will remain Flying-type while Roosting to restore HP. However, mono-Flying Pokemon that are not under the effects of Terastallization, such as Corvisquire, will become Normal-type just as they did in past generations.

In light of Showdown implementing Gen 9, I'd like some of these accelerated:
  • Does Ability Shield block Gastro Acid? (Probably the easiest to test one)
Yes, the Ability Shield item blocks Gastro Acid.

Need to double-check with 2-5 hit moves but Anger Shell doesn't seem to proc in the middle of multi-hit attacks (it didn't activate from Double Kick when the first hit brought it below 50% and only activated once the second hit finished).

I would assume that the fact that Punching Glove and Iron Fist don’t stack would mean they would activate the same flag for damage and therefore would both share a 20% damage boost, but I haven’t actually seen a confirmation in this thread as to how much the damage multiplier on it is, so if someone who has access to it could test, I would be grateful. There’s a lot of confusion in other threads about the damage multiplier because various sources have already listed conflicting information about how much damage it does.

Interactions between Transform and Last Respects/Supreme Overlord or Rage Fist:
Does the transformed Pokémon use its own counter for these moves or does it copy the power of the Pokémon it transforms into?

For example, what happens if a Ditto with a full team in the back transforms into a last mon Houndstone/Kingambit or a Ditto that has not been hit transforms into a Annihilape that has been hit a few times?

Does the Shed Tail substitute contains half of the user's HP, or is it just like the regular sub, but costing twice as much health?

Hey, wanted to ask, does punching glove do 1.5 times more damage or 1.1? Right now it's implemented as 1.1 but by what is everywhere, it should be 1.5. If someone could check, I would appreciate it.
https://www.serebii.net/itemdex/punchingglove.shtml
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-ou-metagame-discussion-see-post-163.3710915/post-9403732
In addition, many people were saying punching glove doesn't stack with iron fist, can someone check if this is true?

Hey, looking for some help to figure out the protective mechanics of Punching Glove. In particular, I'd like to know how Punching Glove behaves in the following situations, as it would help confirm whether the mechanic is similar to Protective Pads:

1. Does a Punching Glove user get poisoned when using a punching move against Baneful Bunker?
2. Does a Punching Glove user lose the item when using a punching move against a pokemon with Pick Pocket?

Help is very much appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)