Metagame Fortemons

Suprisingly managed to get to top 400 with this team
https://pokepast.es/48e9355e45043dbf

The star of the show is agility braviary with its amazingly strong giga impacts, close combats, and brave birds
However this set is unfortunately walled hard by gholdengo, which is why torkoal, volcarona, and earth power glimmora are here to handle it
The stat spread adds just enough speed to outspeed unboosted dragapult after an agility, the remainder of the statpoints going into bulk
I could even go as far as to say braviary deserves a spot in C tier or even B tier

this is a very dumb set just to deal with flower trick Meowscarada.
flower trick meowscarada always crits and tauros blaze has the combo of a grass and dark resit and anger point this combo means it can easy switch into meowscaradas attacks and get a plus 6 in attack and speed up with trailblaze, tera ghost/fairy or dark for dragapult thou earthquake does kill with max attack with no attack investment.
+6 0 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Blaze Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 394-464 (124.2 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Meowscarada Petal Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Tauros-Paldea-Blaze on a critical hit: 86-102 (24.2 - 28.8%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO 252 Atk Meowscarada Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Tauros-Paldea-Blaze on a critical hit: 63-74 (17.7 - 20.9%) -- possible 5HKO
Tiauros-Paldea-Blaze @ trailblaze
Ability: Anger Point
Tera Type: Dark / fairy / ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 44 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Raging Bull
- Tera Blast

Last edited:
this is a very dumb set just to deal with flower trick Meowscarada.
flower trick meowscarada always crits and tauros blaze has the combo of a grass and dark resit and anger point this combo means it can easy switch into meowscaradas attacks and get a plus 6 in attack and speed up with trailblaze, tera ghost/fairy or dark for dragapult thou earthquake does kill with max attack with no attack investment.
+6 0 Atk Tauros-Paldea-Blaze Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 394-464 (124.2 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Meowscarada Petal Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Tauros-Paldea-Blaze on a critical hit: 86-102 (24.2 - 28.8%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO 252 Atk Meowscarada Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Tauros-Paldea-Blaze on a critical hit: 63-74 (17.7 - 20.9%) -- possible 5HKO
Tiauros-Paldea-Blaze @ trailblaze
Ability: Anger Point
Tera Type: Dark / fairy / ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Raging Bull
- Tera Blast
You only need 208 speed EVs to outspeed Tinkaton at base speed (assuming they are running fake out bulldoze), and that's already faster than Pult at +1. Remaining EVs can go to attack to hit other stuff harder

My Bulky Offense? Team

:iron-treads: :skeledirge: :amoonguss: :ting-lu: :Iron-moth: :gholdengo:

This team's main goal is to break through the bulky mons on the other team with the help of Acid Spray Moth and Hex Amoongus(Great against Meowscarado btw) and then going in for the sweep with Threads or Dirge.

Scarf gholdengo is here because I needed a good cleaner and it can get rid of flame charge skelidirge if it only has a few boosts. Ting-lu is for some hazard setting and being able to switch into ttar well (could run a coverage move if you don't want whirlwind) but shouldnt really be used as the lead.

I like leading treads into glimmora since earth power doesn't active it's ability and another good thing about earth power is that it can beat fellow iron/press mons that aren't corv. Other than that this team is pretty reliant on not letting your opponent build up momentum so don't be scared to switch liberally before getting your sweeper/breaker out there.

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
So I was chillin in the OM room when someone asks, "does anything get multihit and present?"(No, nothing does) While checking this I stumbled across Raichu. The set I made for Raichu inspired me to make a "meme" team. So I did just that.

here is the pokepaste https://pokepast.es/3d450b254ec43e7e

team in text here

Wat (Raichu) @ present
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Nuzzle
- Trailblaze
- Quick Attack

lol (Skeledirge) @ Outrage
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blast Burn
- Hyper Beam
- Torch Song
- Earth Power

Feeling lucky? (Garganacl) @ ancientpower
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Tread with care (Farigiraf) @ Trailblaze
Ability: Armor Tail
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Twin Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
- Charge Beam

Nuke (Brambleghast) @ Rollout
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Strength Sap
- Substitute
- Phantom Force

giga do brrr (Copperajah) @ Body Slam
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Superpower

So then I take this team to the ladder... I will let the replay say the rest.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1824893388

3rd battle with the team https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1824904687-ekfbzktujabfjf44xazckz46j7daernpw

Last edited:
Not too great but kind of funny Florges set that is essentially Hatterene 2.0:

finally useful (Florges-Blue) @ drainingkiss
Ability: Flower Veil
Tera Type: Ground / Fire / Grass
EVs: 232 HP / 52 SpA / 224 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast

Ability is completely useless unless you run Tera Grass, which is absolutely terrible. Tera Fighting could also be an option, although I have yet to test it out. Its main use is for catching would-be Steel-type checks off guard by Terastallizing. Fire Tera Blast under sun is also absurdly strong. It actually does hit pretty damn hard, but it dies to any physical attacker with Iron Head instantly. I've been pairing it with Corv since they pair pretty well together in terms of resistances and, together, they form a great counter to most variations of Iron Valiant. Kinda fun, try it out if you want, or don't, I don't care.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
:ss/riolu: Riolu has been freed! :ss/riolu:
The way some moves are coded has changed in a recent PS update unrelated to Fortemons, among them is Copycat, now every move that can't be called by Copycat has a flag, Circle Throw being one of those moves and the reason Riolu was banned, now if it tries to call a move it just fails.
So is now free and completely useless!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1826282644
Please Kris!

https://pokepast.es/c09e5c424ca6e313
:gholdengo: :ting-lu: :dragapult: :volcarona: :hatterene: :quaquaval:

Having fun with this double hex bulky offense team and maintained 1400s. But this hex team has a twist, no glimm or hex forte. I found that a lot of common good mons are immune to t-spikes or people are running a poison type anyways, so I decided to forgo building hard into hex and went for a more manual approach by spamming paras and burns.

I find dragonbreath forte pult to be a pretty under-rated set. It's just the current utility pult set except you trade boots for a double para chance on dragon darts and your u-turn can also para people now. You can get some stupid robberies being the fastest mon in the tier and having a 30% para chance on u-turn.

bulky Volc for random flame body burns on common physical moves like CC, and meow's u-turn and grass moves. the absorb forte grants enough healing to forgot roost and get another coverage move. although I'm not sure if absorb forte+giga drain heals back 75% or 100%.

Ghold is standard defensive hex and is EV'd to outspeed max speed pult after a para, and Qua is also EV'd to outspeed pult at +2. Qua is additional hazard control in case Hatt wasn't enough. Hatt is EV'd to outspeed uninvested pex. Hatt is a pretty stupid mon, thing just cannot die. also bounces the rocks back for volc.
Max attack payback ting-lu has also been extremely fun. Basically nothing OHKOs it while it OHKOs a majority of the tier back. I might run whirlwind over stone edge just to stop specific iron defense sweepers such as corv.

Last edited:
fun little sets that are bad but sometimes work and are funny when they do part 2: ✨Ursaring✨

Ursaring @ facade
Ability: Quick Feet
Tera Type: Normal / Fighting / Fairy / Steel (only if running SD)
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat / Earthquake
- Body Slam / Tera Blast
- Trailblaze
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch / Swords Dance / Close Combat

Pretty useless, only works against hex teams, but it's pretty fun when it does work because oh my god does it hit hard. It's a pretty flexible set, but it should be able to OHKO Pult, hence either Ice Punch or Tera Fairy. It just barely outspeeds Pult with decent bulk to live, say, a Sludge Wave from Glim, or an unboosted Dragon Darts. This set does especially well against Will-o-Wisp Skeledirge (with EQ) and Dragon Breath/Dragon Darts Pult. I have lost every single game I've used it since it's really situational, but it's a fun concept I guess.

fun little sets that are bad but sometimes work and are funny when they do part 2: ✨Ursaring✨

Ursaring @ facade
Ability: Quick Feet
Tera Type: Normal / Fighting / Fairy / Steel (only if running SD)
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat / Earthquake
- Body Slam / Tera Blast
- Trailblaze
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch / Swords Dance / Close Combat

Pretty useless, only works against hex teams, but it's pretty fun when it does work because oh my god does it hit hard. It's a pretty flexible set, but it should be able to OHKO Pult, hence either Ice Punch or Tera Fairy. It just barely outspeeds Pult with decent bulk to live, say, a Sludge Wave from Glim, or an unboosted Dragon Darts. This set does especially well against Will-o-Wisp Skeledirge (with EQ) and Dragon Breath/Dragon Darts Pult. I have lost every single game I've used it since it's really situational, but it's a fun concept I guess.
Could pair this set with a tspikes setter and court change Cinderace which means you could build an entire team around it with like facade/quick feet on jolteon

Could pair this set with a tspikes setter and court change Cinderace which means you could build an entire team around it with like facade/quick feet on jolteon
Yeah, but I wanted to try Ursaring since Jolteon is already pretty fast and honestly doesn't really need the extra speed. Plus, it's a massive hindrance when your would-be sweeper is on a constant timer.

man iron treads feels dirty
:sv/Iron Treads:
Iron Treads @ bodypress
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 196 Def / 64 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Iron Defense
- Electro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
the speed iv's are to out speed Pawmot since i almost lost to once since my speed was so low, but you can really use what ever ev's you want as long as a lot is put in defense and non in attack and spa.
The 0 attack ivs are to lower confusion damage and foul play damage since you may as well if your using your defense as attack.
Iron defense effectively doubles you attack and defense
Electro ball for corv and tera flying walls notably toxapex since there so slow that with a plus 1 speed boost you can kill them from full.
Earthquake is your big stab move for normal damage.
Rapid spin is for speed boosting and does solid damage after a iron defense.
No iron head is because its only really for Hatterene and you can still bluff having iron head but you still need someone else on your team to deal with it.

replay of some poor soul not seeing the tech coming
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1828358454

also
:sv/Sylveon:
Sylveon @ drainingkiss
Ability: Pixilate
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Tera Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
in this replay sylveon was running 132 spa ev's i have since raised its spa ev to do over 50% to skeledirge with shadow ball.
Calm mind is also a solid option since sylveon can 1v1 quite a few things.
go to Turn 30 for sylveon 1v1'ing a skeledirge at full health.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1828378695

Last edited:
So I've been having a lot of fun on the ladder with a Trick Room team featuring Torkoal as the main breaker.
The basic framework of the team is just 4 core members:
Hatterene @ drainingkiss
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Fire
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

Torkoal @ bodypress
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Serious Nature
- Overheat
- Earthquake
- Clear Smog
- Solar Beam

Slowking @ chillingwater
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Chilly Reception
- Flamethrower / Surf ( I usually run Flamethrower for the sun boost, but Surf is good into Ting-Lu shit)
- Future Sight

Kingambit @ metalclaw (I had no idea what else was usable here)
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

For the last two, I've tried out a bunch of stuff. I started the team off with Brute Bonnet and Iron Hands, then switched to Rotom-W and Toedscruel. Im liking toedscruel as an emergency spore panic button and Rotom-W as a pivot to get Torkoal in safely, but while they work alright, I feel like they dont really gel well with the core 4 as much as I would like. The team doesnt really have too many problem matchups because Torkoal and Kingambit are such nuclear threats, so I dont think I need too much offense, but maybe a pivot would be nice. Anyone got any ideas?

So if you want to have lots of fun with a Hisuian Zoroark on your team, you need to do two things:

Step 1: Have a way to reliably spread lots of status before Zark hits the field, because Zark loves to run item Hex. This is kind of hard at the moment because Iron Moth is absolutely everywhere and eats Toxic Spikes, but a defensive thunder waver could also work. If you're struggling, the bare minimum should be Zark and the Skeledirge you will be partnering with both running Will-O-Wisp. This is often way too hard to set while maintaining the disguise, but will at least let you play ball with free turns that either one gets.

Step 2: Abandon the idea of the "optimal" Skeledirge set. You can have Torch Song, and if you've really got Step 1 down pat and good game sense, Earth Power, but you're probably not getting Slack Off. Here's the deal. Zark and Dirge share Will-O, but if you didn't have to fall back on this, there's your in for Earth Power on Dirge. As special-oriented Ghost types that aren't trash, Skeledirge and Zoroark both have Shadow Ball. But to really sell the disguise while allowing Zoroark to have the anti-Kingambit option of Flamethrower, your Skeledirge will have to run Flamethrower as well. Even if Dirge never uses it, you don't want the opponent to have a move they can point to and say "this Dirge is real" or "this one's an illusion" until the moment you want to let Zoroark take damage or reveal the true Skeledirge. Dirge can run Torch Song for when the jig is up, while Zark can use Comeuppance as a tech for certain faster threats like Meowscarada or a speed-boosted Iron Moth, getting the aid of a Fire Tera if one is worried about a Knock Off KO or boosted Fiery Dance souring things.

The main reason to use this combo is how similar Dirge and Zark can appear, while their answers are markedly different. Ghost!TB Meteor Dragapult will erase Skeledirge, but Zark will take zero damage and blast it back with Shadow Ball, or set wisp and force Pult to switch next turn. If the opponent's fires are dead, you get your free wisp guaranteed even if Zark had to switch in to the Ghost Meteor as it was used. Meanwhile, Darks will eat Zark for breakfast, but hesitate to do so at a Dirge disguise because if the real Dirge is out instead, Tera Fairy will shrug the Dark move off and let Dirge get going really easily.

But the best thing about having such a specifically seamless disguise is that, if you play your cards right, if Dirge is down, Zoroark is still full and the Illusion disguise changes to another full-HP mon, your opponent might actually forget that Illusion is still in play. If you're going to play this mind game, pick the slower Pokémon in your team to fill the fourth, fifth, and sixth slots when choosing your order, in order to let Zoroark's 350 speed tier get the jump on someone who thinks they can outspeed something like a Stinger Qwilfish. It's not the easiest thing to pull off if your opponent pays attention and has good game sense, but few things are as satisfying as tricking your opponent twice.

Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
I've went against you a couple times and have both won and lost the kingambit might be a lot scarier if you go for a revenge killer type build

Kingambit @ retaliate
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Something like this where you punish people for killing your trick room setter since retaliate does double damage

I've went against you a couple times and have both won and lost the kingambit might be a lot scarier if you go for a revenge killer type build

Kingambit @ retaliate
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Something like this where you punish people for killing your trick room setter since retaliate does double damage
yeah also facade is also a option its not as good but you it improves your machup vs hex dragapult since it will want to wisp you two avoid a sucker punch.

How does Swift work? Does it grant 100% accuracy to all attacks?
-Itemized moves do not pass their accuracy on to move-slot moves.

technically it don't check accuracy and it's an effect

So I've been having a lot of fun on the ladder with a Trick Room team featuring Torkoal as the main breaker.
The basic framework of the team is just 4 core members:
Hatterene @ drainingkiss
Ability: Magic Bounce
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

Torkoal @ bodypress
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Serious Nature
- Overheat
- Earthquake
- Clear Smog
- Solar Beam

Slowking @ chillingwater
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Chilly Reception
- Flamethrower / Surf ( I usually run Flamethrower for the sun boost, but Surf is good into Ting-Lu shit)
- Future Sight

Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

For the last two, I've tried out a bunch of stuff. I started the team off with Brute Bonnet and Iron Hands, then switched to Rotom-W and Toedscruel. Im liking toedscruel as an emergency spore panic button and Rotom-W as a pivot to get Torkoal in safely, but while they work alright, I feel like they dont really gel well with the core 4 as much as I would like. The team doesnt really have too many problem matchups because Torkoal and Kingambit are such nuclear threats, so I dont think I need too much offense, but maybe a pivot would be nice. Anyone got any ideas?
I know you said you didn't need much offense, but I have been using a Trick Room team as well and I have had a lot of success with Avalugg, which I heavily recommend using. Just like Torkoal, it hold Body Press. 184 base defense, as it turns out, is actually quite a lot.

Here's the set I use: https://pokepast.es/26a589f5a0cfd5bf

I like to run Hydro Pump over Surf because it can handle a few threats a bit better and has a chance to OHKO Garganacl. If you would like a 100% chance to OHKO Gargancl, you would have to run Tera Water, meaning that you would have to give up Tera Blast. If you do end up doing that, Surf is enough to OHKO Garganacl, so you might not end up using Hydro Pump. Also, feel free to use Blizzard over Ice Beam. I prefer Ice Beam due to accuracy, but Blizzard is more powerful. Flash Cannon might also be good for Hatterene.

Its Ability, Sturdy, allows it to take a hit from special attackers and allows you to stop a sweep if you mess up. Make sure you have hazard control, though, because they completely negate its ability.

Moreover, physical attackers will have a very hard time dealing with it and are basically unable to KO it without the help of a special attacker.

Is Heavy Slam bugged? I use a Ting-Lu set running Heavy Slam with Payback as an item, and I'm just curious if that makes it just not work somehow? Whenever I click Heavy Slam it just kind of...doesn't do anything at all. Like it doesn't seem to do a damage calculation at all, as if it's a move like Celebrate, where it just does a little animation and nothing else. Does this have to do with the properties of the varying base power of Heavy Slam and the properties of Payback? Or is it like because Heavy Slam got banned as an item and doesn't work as a regular move as a result? Or am I stupid and it's something really dumb?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)