Pet Mod [Gen 6] Megas Revisited - Slate 15: Playtesting

What time would you be able to play in roomtours this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:sm/aggron-mega:
Name: Mega Aggron
Type: Steel / Dragon
Ability: Purifying Salt (Gen 9 effects without Ghost resistance)
Stats: HP-70 / Atk-130 / Def-185 / SpA-90 / SpD-75 / Spe-82 BST-630
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Dance
Description: Fun mixed Dragon Dance sweeper. Doesn’t have to worry about Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp like all other Dragon Dance sweepers do because of Purifying Salt.

:sm/gardevoir-mega:
Name: Mega Gardevoir
Type: Fairy / Fire
Ability: Magic Guard
Stats
: HP-68 / Atk-60 / Def-100 / SpA-145 / SpD-132 / Spe-105 BST-610
New Moves: Defog, Flamethrower, Fire Blast
Description: I’ll stop subbing it if it gets voted in
Adding on the Fire typing gives Gardevoir a strong new STAB to scare out stuff like Ferrothorn and other Steels. Kept the Fairy typing as it is stronger than Psychic and provides resistances in combination with Fire to handle foes like Breloom and Bisharp. Magic Guard lets Gardevoir more easily take advantage of the Fire-type’s defensive qualities without a Stealth Rock weakness.

:sm/heracross-mega:
Name: Mega Heracross
Type: Fighting / Steel
Ability: Mach Force (Priority moves have x1.5 base power
Stats: HP-80 / Atk-150 / Def-130 / SpA-75 / SpD-90 / Spe-75 BST-600
New Moves: Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Heal Order
Description: very bulky priority sweeper. You just set up with Swords Dance, spam Bullet Punch and Mach Punch, and heal whenever you need to. Carries coverage for foes like Talonflame in Rock Slide if needed.

Last edited:

Name: Mega Sharpedo
Type:
Water
Dark

Ability: Seize Hold (If the opponent is trapped, the user's moves deal 1.5x damage)
Stats: 70 HP / 130 Atk / 80 Def / 100 SpA / 75 SpD / 105 Spe [560 BST]
New Moves: Mean Look, U-turn
Description: thought about shark attacks and how, when sharks attack something, they latch onto them with their teeth. mean look lets seize hold actually work, while u-turn is for pivoting. it has more bulk in exchange for some attack so that it doesn't die in one hit.

Type:
Steel

Ability: Bulletproof
Stats: 70 HP / 140 Atk / 220 Def / 60 SpA / 80 SpD / 60 Spe [630 BST]
New Moves: Recover
Description: mega aggron but better. bulletproof protects aggron from moves such as focus blast and shadow ball, and it also has recovery to be more of a wall and less of a sitting duck. sadly, its special bulk is still somewhat lacking, and it's rather slow..

Last edited:
:sm/Heracross-Mega:
Type: Bug/Fighting
Ability: Contrary
Stats: 70 HP / 185 Atk / 105 Def / 50 SpA / 105 SpD / 75 Spe [600 BST] (+60 Attack, +30 Def, +10 SpA, +10 SpD, -10 Spe)
New Moves: None
Description: Spam Close Combat to dent the opposition and boost Heracross's already impressive bulk. Contrary also allows it to benefit from its opponent's Intimidate and Defog.

:sm/Sharpedo-Mega:
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Motor Drive
Stats: 70 HP / 150 Atk / 40 Def / 115 SpA / 80 SpD / 115 Spe [560 BST] (+30 Atk, +20 SpA, +30 SpD, +20 Spe)
Description: With its counterpart Mega Camerupt getting Earth Eater, Mega Sharpedo gets a similar ability Motor Drive, which gets rid of one of its weaknesses. Motor Drive allows Sharpedo to potentially regain its Speed boost even after switching out, while also discouraging the Thunder Wave spam this generation is famous for.

:sm/Gardevoir-Mega:
Type: Psychic/Fairy
Stats: 68 HP / 77 Atk / 65 Def / 165 SpA / 135 SpD / 108 Spe [610 BST] (+12 Atk, +40 SpA, +20 SpD, +28 Spe)
New Moves: Aura Sphere
Description: Bulletproof on an offensive Pokémon may seem awkward at first glance but the ability synergizes well with its typing since it actually protects Gardevoir from a lot of moves it would have been weak to: Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Gyro Ball to give examples. This generally makes Gardevoir a better check to Special Attackers. The loss of Pixilate doesn't really hurt it that much since Moonblast is a powerful STAB anyway. Aura Sphere gives Gardevoir an alternative Fighting coverage if you hate Focus Blast's accuracy. It gets 108 Speed to tie with its existing counterpart, Gallade.

:sm/Aggron-Mega:
Type: Steel/Rock
Ability: Rock Head
Stats: 70 HP / 150 Atk / 200 Def / 70 SpA / 60 SpD / 80 Spe [630 BST] (+40 Attack, +20 Def, +10 SpA, +30 Spe)
New Moves: Hone Claws, Wild Charge, Dragon Dance
Description: Head Smash go brrr. It now reaches a decent speed tier to reliably wallbreak while Wild Charge gives it a useful coverage move that also benefits from Rock Head. Hone Claws gives it a sweeping move that also makes sure Head Smash always hits.

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Hello! We still have 2 days before voting begins, but I wanted to do a quick veto warning / sub review post a little early this time since we have a couple people subbing for the first time, so I wanna give them more time to fix anything they need to.

Basically, submissions that I say would be vetoed would be disqualified from voting in their current state, but you the remainder of the submission period to make the necessary adjustments to make them balanced. With that, let's get started!

Type: Bug / Fighting
Ability: Iron Barbs
Stats: 80 / 150 (+25) / 150 (+75) / 40 / 110 (+15 / 70 (-15) | 600
New Moves: Heal Order, Circle Throw, Spikes, Ice Punch
Description: buzzwole lookalike. can be just a bulky wall with spikes or a bulky wallbreaker using its usual sd sets.

Type: Psychic / Fairy
Ability: Dazzling
Stats: 68 / 65 / 85 (+20) / 165 (+40) / 135 (+20) / 100 (+20) | 618
Description: sidegrade mgard. now doesnt die to priority.

Type: Steel
Ability: Sheer Force
Stats: 70 / 110 / 200 (+20) / 100 (+40) / 100 (+40) / 50 | 630
New Moves: Slack Off
Description: leverages its good coverage and great bulk to be an effective tank.
This was probably an accident on your part, but your Aggron and Heracross are currently exact copies of anaconja's, who posted before you, so they would be vetoed based on that. Your Gardevoir is also a copy of anaconja's original version of it, but since ana completely changed his it's technically legal I would prefer if you either changed/removed it or just your own explanation of its stats and ability.

:xy/Aggron-Mega:
Name: Aggron-Mega
Typing: Steel/Dragon
Stats: 70 HP/130 ATK/200 DEF/60 SPA/110 SPDEF/60 SPE
Ability: Earth Eater
New Moves: Dragon Dance, Heat Crash, Spikes, Rapid Spin, Outrage
Weight: 1500 lbs
Description: Aggron's new stat spread slightly reduces its Physical bulk but bolsters its Special Bulk. Now it has an interesting role as a bulky sweeper too. After two Dragon Dances it can outspeed most of the OU meta with max speed investment, this is not a very tall ask for a mon with such amazing natural bulk. Its new typing and ability turn its 3 half weaknesses into only one and help it gain an immunity. It can also comfortably spam Outrage as it isn't weak to Fairy and can take a few fairy type hits. It can also serve a supportive role with access to Spikes and Stealth Rock. Its new ability gives it a ton of opportunities to switch in safely and restore health.
:aggron-mega:This is right on the bubble of being broken or not. Not giving it recovery was a good call, as Earth Eater + Steel/Dragon is an insane defensive profile and it has great bulk anyway, but the part I'm worried about is actually Dragon Dance. DDance (or even Curse) + its defensive profile make Aggron an insanely scary wincon. I'm not 100% sure if this'll get vetoed in its current state, but I do suggest removing one or more of Dragon Dance, Earth Eater, or its typing.

Type: Steel/Dragon
Ability: Dauntless Shield (Gen 8 version)
Stats: 70 / 140(+30) / 180 / 90(+30) / 100(+40) / 50 [BST:630]
New Moves: +Outrage, +Dual Chop, +Slack Off
Description: Better Aggron.
:aggron-mega:This is probably too bulky, given its amazing typing, Slack Off, and Dauntless Shield, which is likely enough to get it vetoed. I recommend either removing Dauntless Shield, making it the Gen 9 version of Dauntless Shield, and/or removing Slack Off

Type:

Ability: Sharpness
Stats: 70 / 130 (+10) / 60 (+20) / 110 (+15) / 85 (+20) / 105 (+10) [560 BST]
New Moves: Aqua Cutter, Ceaseless Edge, Psycho Cut, X-Scissor, Cross Poison, Air Slash
Description: It having Sharpness is based on the retractable spikes it shows in some off in some of its animations, and on sharks having sharp scales. Overall very similar to the original Mega Sharpedo but trades biting moves for slicing moves.
:sharpedo-mega:This would get vetoed as, while custom abilities are allowed to be submitted, custom moves (including moves introduced in later generations, as this is a Gen 6 mod) are not allowed (same rules as Megas For All). Just remove Aqua Cutter (which you can replace with Razor Shell) and Ceaseless Edge and you're fine
Stats
:gardevoir-mega:This wouldn't get vetoed based on balance, but I would like to see a better justification, either competitive or flavor but preferably the former, for removing the Psychic-typing.

Type:
Water
Dark

Ability: Seize Hold (If the opponent is trapped, the user's moves deal 1.5x damage)
New Moves: Jaw Lock, Flip Turn
Description: thought about shark attacks and how, when sharks attack something, they latch onto them with their teeth. even if mega sharp is trapped from jaw lock, it can still switch out with a flip turn. it's also a little bulkier in exchange for some attack so that it doesnt die in one turn

Type:
Steel

Ability: Heatproof
Description: mega aggron but better. heatproof means that it no longer has a fire weakness, and it also has recovery to be more of a wall and less of a sitting duck. sadly, its special bulk is still somewhat lacking, and it's rather slow..
:sharpedo-mega:This would get vetoed as, while custom abilities are allowed to be submitted, custom moves (including moves introduced in later generations, as this is a Gen 6 mod) are not allowed (same rules as Megas For All). Just remove Jaw Lock and Flip Turn and you're fine, perhaps you can give it Mean Look and U-Turn or Parting Shot instead
:aggron-mega:This is another Aggron sub I'm shaky on whether or not it would be broken, as Heatproof + pure Steel + recovery is a powerful combo but its poor special bulk makes it a bit less scary. Though, I will say that Mega Steelix already has Heatproof in this mod, so I may recommend changing the ability just to make it more unique
Stats: 70 HP / 150 Atk / 200 Def / 70 SpA / 60 SpD / 80 Spe [630 BST] (+40 Attack, +20 Def, +10 SpA, +30 Spe)
New Moves: Hone Claws, Wild Charge
Description: Head Smash go brrr. It now reaches a decent speed tier to reliably wallbreak while Wild Charge gives it a useful coverage move that also benefits from Rock Head. Hone Claws gives it a sweeping move that also makes sure Head Smash always hits.
:aggron-mega:This is not a veto just a review because I was planning on subbing basically this exact thing for Aggron but with DDance. So, instead of subbing that similar idea and since this might be a little weak in its current state because of its bad typing and meh Speed tier, I'll suggest adding DDance to this, maybe with a slight Speed drop to 75 since it's such a strong addition.

And that's it! See you in 2 days for voting!

- Slate 11: does anyone even read these? -
Yes, I do.

Name: Heracross-Mega
Type: Bug/Fighting [no change]
Ability: Forceful Pusher = When this Pokémon uses a Fighting-type move, it switches out at end of turn.
Stats: 080 HP / 175 Atk (+50) / 115 Def (+40) / 040 SpA / 115 SpD (+20) / 075 Spe (-10) (600 BST) [a.k.a. offical stats with -10 Atk and +10 SpD]
New Moves: Circle Throw, Spikes, Slack Off, Storm Throw
Description: Heracross-Mega is probably the perfect mon for this ability of the Fighting Megas that already exist given its bulk, its lack of Drain Punch, and Bug being one of the only two typing to resist the ever present Ground moves. So there's really not much to say about it except that always made me think of a sumo wrestler given its bulkiness, hence the throws added to it and the name of its ability (and the very brief temptation to give it Purifying Salt instead). Said ability seems like it has to be at end of turn to be fair given how obnoxious it probably gets otherwise, especially since you could run Vacuum Wave or even Bulk Up (R.I.P.) just for pivoting otherwise as funny as that would be; this ability being at end of turn regardless both learns from Buzz Off's lesson over in JolteMons--not that I voted for that one--and now incentivizes Circle Throw.

:sm/sharpedo-mega:
Name: Sharpedo-Mega
Type: Water/Dark [no change]
Ability: Sea Wrecker = This Pokémon's contact and Water-type moves set a layer of Spikes on the opposing side.
Stats: 070 HP / 125 Atk (+05) / 055 Def (+15) / 125 SpA (+30) / 055 SpD (+15) / 130 Spe (+35)
New Moves: Rapid Spin, Spikes, U-Turn
Description: Those stats probably look a bit weird, especially with the lack of Strong Jaw making its (water) physical attacks even weaker, but Sharpedo is a bit of a difficult mon to make a Mega for given its access to Speed Boost before it transforms--the same will be true of Blaziken. So I figured I would just incentivize hit-and-run rather than it being a cleaner who basically lives or dies on if it can get enough Speed Boosts once beforehand, especially it usually was on the "dies" side in OU (and Gale Wings Talonflame yet lives unnerfed), as well as let Special sets be viable as well as able to get usage out of Surf Scald. Shrug. The idea of Rapid Spin setting Spikes is also just amusing to me.

Name: Gardevoir-Mega
Type: Psychic/Fairy [no change]
Ability: Pastel Veil = This Pokémon and its allies cannot be poisoned. On switch-in, cures poisoned allies. While this Pokémon is active, Poison-type moves against it and its allies deal 50% damage.
Stats: 068 HP / 064 Atk / 085 Def (+20) / 165 SpA (+40) / 130 SpD (+15) / 105 Spe (+25) (618 BST) [a.k.a. official stats except with Atk's boost given to Def instead and -05 SpD and +05 Spe]
New Moves: Rapid Spin, Recover
Description: Having mentioned Joltemons earlier and being out of ideas for this otherwise all week, I decided to just reuse my own change to Pastel Veil. That will at least give this a niche against the yet unbeaten (at least in the tours) terror that is Venusaur-Mega by being neutral to everything that mon can throw at it. Not much to say otherwise except I always found it weird that so many Psychic mons get Recover but Gardevoir (and Gallade) never did, that I somewhat wish Pixilate Gallade-Mega had won (and that I had submitted it) since Pixilate probably goes the way of Refrigerate (for Megas; Aurorus still has it) with this slate, and that Gardevoir-Mega can at least outspeed regular Garchomp now.

Type: Steel/Dragon [Dragon typing replaces Rock typing]
Ability: Devastate = This Pokémon's Normal-type moves become Dragon type and have 1.3x power.
Stats: 070 HP / 130 Atk (+20) / 220 Def (+30) / 060 SpA / 090 SpD (+30) / 070 Spe (+20) (630 BST)
New Moves: Dragon Dance
Description: Really nothing much to say about this given I'm just following the trend, Earth Eater was already taken, and I knew that I didn't want to step on Heatproof Steelix-Mega too much directly, so some anti-Fire or anti-Electric ability was out. Dragon-type Return, Frustration, and especially Facade are the main draw here, and still lowish Speed and lack of non-Rest should help keep this in check despite its bulk since Burns mean that Heavy Slam and Earthquake does still at least do less damage against Fairy and Steel mons respectively unlike if it had Guts while still doing stupid amounts of damage. It can also go Curse, especially if you use it as a Thunder Wave absorber.

Custom abilities (technically) for everyone for once.

Yoshiblaze

ye
Type:

Ability: Pixilate
Stats: 68 / 65 / 100 (+35) / 150 (+25) / 127 (+12) / 108 (+28) [618 BST]
New Moves: Rapid Spin, Mystical Fire
Description: Gardevoir is already pretty good this gen, mostly because Tapu Lele doesn't exist but also 1.3x Pixilate, but might as make it a little better. This is just JolteMons Garde but its stats are now rearrangements of current Mega Gallade, giving it a better speed tier and physical bulk at the cost of some of its wallbreaking potential.
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Mystical Fire / Will-O-Wisp / Taunt / Calm Mind

Type:

Ability: Download
Stats: 70 / 130 (+10) / 70 (+30) / 115 (+20) / 70 (+30) / 105 (+10) [560 BST]
New Moves: Close Combat, Baton Pass
Description: I really like base Mega Sharpedo despite it not quite being OU material, so here's a twist on it. Regular Mega Sharpedo but (if sent out or Mega'd in front of the right opponent) you get the Strong Jaw boost for all your moves. Can go physical or special, you just have to play your cards right, especially if you want to sweep with the pre-Mega Speed Boost. Baton Pass is a flavor move since Download + Baton Pass is funny.
Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Protect / Aqua Jet / Poison Jab

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
Voting time for the 11th time!

Voting Rules can be found below:
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Book of Enigmas, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pidgeot, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Lopunny: User 4, User 5, User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for Mega Beedrill would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Lopunny category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Pidgeot category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9, User 10, User 11
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Pidgeot category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Beedrill: User 12 (SV), User 2, User 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 2, User 12 (SV)
Lopunny: User 4, User 12 (SV), User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 12 (SV), User 10, User 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1 (1 point)
Lopunny: User 4 (2 points), User 5 (1 point)
Pidgeot: User 7 (3 points), User 8 (2 points), User 9 (1 point), User 10 (1 point), User 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod. For every Mega, you will also have the option to vote for the original Mega Evolution if you aren't a fan of any of the submissions. However, this can't be done for Pokemon whose original Megas were banned to Ubers.
For most slates, the next submission phase will start immediately after voting ends for the previous slate. The long submission phase will still give ample time for discussion and playtesting during the week so you can adjust your submissions. However, every 3 slates or so, one or more roomtours will be held so we can see what state the metagame is in. This may result in winning submissions being nerfed or buffed, depending on what we learn. Buffs and nerfs (mostly nerfs) can also happen at any other time as we learn stuff between roomtours.
All submissions are eligible for voting!
Voting will end in 24 hours!

If your sub isn't here and wasn't vetoed then please let me know!
Description: buzzwole lookalike. can be just a bulky wall with spikes or a bulky wallbreaker using its usual sd sets.
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Stats: 80 / 130 (+5) / 90 (+15) / 95 (+55) / 110 (+15 / 85 | 600
New Moves: Poison Jab
Description: Harsh breaker, typing kinda bad but can’t slot coverage (stone edge, Iron head) to beat many walls. Balanced by the fact it’s very easy to Counter Offensively.
:xy/Heracross-Mega:
Typing: Bug/Fighting
Stats: 80 HP/185 ATK/110 DEF/45 SPA/105 SPDEF/75 SPE
Ability: Intimidate
New Moves: U-Turn, Taunt, Encore, Infestation, Leech Life, Drain Punch
Description: This version of Mega Heracross can play a far more supportive role, it can switch in and bolster its above average bulk with intimidate, it can also act as a slow bulky pivot with U-Turn. It also now has support options such as taunt and infestation which can help it gain a few extra turns for setup. It can also stick with its old role as a wallbreaker. It is still held back by its low speed and weaknesses but now has a greater set diversity and surprise factor.
Type: Bug/Dark
Ability: Tinted Lens
Stats
: 80 / 150(+25) / 125(+50) / 60(+20) / 125(+30) / 60(-25) [BST:600]
New Moves: +Sucker Punch, +Poison Jab
Description: Lokix + Bulk + Higher Attack - Speed - First Impression
Type: Fighting / Steel
Ability: Mach Force (Priority moves have x1.5 base power
Stats: HP-80 / Atk-150 / Def-130 / SpA-75 / SpD-90 / Spe-75 BST-600
New Moves: Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Heal Order
Description: very bulky priority sweeper. You just set up with Swords Dance, spam Bullet Punch and Mach Punch, and heal whenever you need to. Carries coverage for foes like Talonflame in Rock Slide if needed.
:sm/Heracross-Mega:
Type: Bug/Fighting
Ability: Contrary
Stats: 70 HP / 185 Atk / 105 Def / 50 SpA / 105 SpD / 75 Spe [600 BST] (+60 Attack, +30 Def, +10 SpA, +10 SpD, -10 Spe)
Description: Spam Close Combat to dent the opposition and boost Heracross's already impressive bulk. Contrary also allows it to benefit from its opponent's Intimidate and Defog.
Type: Bug/Fighting [no change]
Ability: Forceful Pusher = When this Pokémon uses a Fighting-type move, it switches out at end of turn.
Stats: 080 HP / 175 Atk (+50) / 115 Def (+40) / 040 SpA / 115 SpD (+20) / 075 Spe (-10) (600 BST) [a.k.a. offical stats with -10 Atk and +10 SpD]
New Moves: Circle Throw, Spikes, Slack Off, Storm Throw
Description: Heracross-Mega is probably the perfect mon for this ability of the Fighting Megas that already exist given its bulk, its lack of Drain Punch, and Bug being one of the only two typing to resist the ever present Ground moves. So there's really not much to say about it except that always made me think of a sumo wrestler given its bulkiness, hence the throws added to it and the name of its ability (and the very brief temptation to give it Purifying Salt instead). Said ability seems like it has to be at end of turn to be fair given how obnoxious it probably gets otherwise, especially since you could run Vacuum Wave or even Bulk Up (R.I.P.) just for pivoting otherwise as funny as that would be; this ability being at end of turn regardless both learns from Buzz Off's lesson over in JolteMons--not that I voted for that one--and now incentivizes Circle Throw.
Type: Water / Dark
Ability: Puncture (This Pokemon's biting moves lower the target's Defense by 1.)
Stats: 70 / 150 (+30) / 130 (+60) / 95 / 40 / 105 (+10) | 560
New Moves: Icicle Crash
Description: spam crunch and SUPER FANG and stallbreak really well. souped up defense helps it survive more priority.
Type: Water / Dark
Ability: Smell Of Blood (If the target is at 75% or less of its HP, it’s a critical hit.)
Stats: 70 / 120 / 100 (+30) / 110 (+15) / 90 (+50) / 100 (+5) | 560
New Moves: Superfang, Whirlpool
Description: I meant to use Sharpedo to incentivize the use of Offensive Checks, it doesn’t hit that hard, so many offensive Pokemon like Keldeo, can come to threaten it. It’s also a powerful stallbreaker.
:ss/sharpedo-mega:
Type:

Stats: same as in standard
Summary of Stat Changes: same as in standard
New Moves: Steam Eruption, Focus Blast, Close Combat
Description: Sharpedo was one second away from greatness. Strong Jaw, especially in Gen 6 was simply NOT hitting. But I have the remedy. Sheer Force bolsters the power of both of it's STABs on both sides of the spectrum making it be difficult to anticipate for. Once it's set is revealed though, it can be answered but it's still a scary sight to behold.
:xy/Sharpedo-Mega:
Typing: Water/Dark
Stats: 70 HP/140 ATK/75 DEF/100 SPA/68 SPDEF/107 SPE
Ability: Moxie
New Moves: N/A
Description: Sharpedo now turns into a terrifying sweeper which can snowball out of power if not immediately dealt with. After one speed boost it outspeeds darn near everything. It loses some power on crunch and fang moves, but now gains the potential to sweep through teams with proper placement. Aqua Jet allows it to revenge kill while boosting attack. It still crumbles to most mach punches and struggles to break through resists but remains a potent threat.
Ability: Megalodon (All Rock type moves are physical and deal 1.5x damage, special moves have their damage as 2x instead of 1.5x)
Stats: 70 / 155(+35) / 60(+20) / 95 / 75(+30) / 110(+15) [BST:560]
New Moves: +Icicle Crash, +Ancient Power, +Stone Edge,
Description: Ancient Sharpedo.
Type:

Ability: No Guard
Stats: 70 / 130 (+10) / 55 (+15) / 145 (+50) / 55 (+15) / 105 (+10) [560 BST]
New Moves: Thunder
Description: Clean Slate Sharpedo-Mega (sorta). It gets Blizzard and Thunder to abuse its new ability, and 100% accurate HPumps are always nice. Its attack is also usable, which allows it to CC pink blobs and Ferrothorn. It can try to go for sweeps by racking up speedboosts or it can just go monkey mode and start making holes right of the bat.

Type:

Ability: Sharpness
Stats: 70 / 130 (+10) / 60 (+20) / 110 (+15) / 85 (+20) / 105 (+10) [560 BST]
New Moves: Razor Shell, Psycho Cut, X-Scissor, Cross Poison, Air Slash
Description: It having Sharpness is based on the retractable spikes it shows in some off in some of its animations, and on sharks having sharp scales. Overall very similar to the original Mega Sharpedo but trades biting moves for slicing moves.

Type:
Water
Dark

New Moves: Mean Look, U-turn
Description: thought about shark attacks and how, when sharks attack something, they latch onto them with their teeth. mean look lets seize hold actually work, while u-turn is for pivoting. it has more bulk in exchange for some attack so that it doesn't die in one hit.
:sm/Sharpedo-Mega:
Ability: Motor Drive
Stats: 70 HP / 150 Atk / 40 Def / 115 SpA / 80 SpD / 115 Spe [560 BST] (+30 Atk, +20 SpA, +30 SpD, +20 Spe)
Description: With its counterpart Mega Camerupt getting Earth Eater, Mega Sharpedo gets a similar ability Motor Drive, which gets rid of one of its weaknesses. Motor Drive allows Sharpedo to potentially regain its Speed boost even after switching out, while also discouraging the Thunder Wave spam this generation is famous for.
Type: Water/Dark [no change]
Ability: Sea Wrecker = This Pokémon's contact and Water-type moves set a layer of Spikes on the opposing side.
Stats: 070 HP / 125 Atk (+05) / 055 Def (+15) / 125 SpA (+30) / 055 SpD (+15) / 130 Spe (+35)
New Moves: Rapid Spin, Spikes, U-Turn
Description: Those stats probably look a bit weird, especially with the lack of Strong Jaw making its (water) physical attacks even weaker, but Sharpedo is a bit of a difficult mon to make a Mega for given its access to Speed Boost before it transforms--the same will be true of Blaziken. So I figured I would just incentivize hit-and-run rather than it being a cleaner who basically lives or dies on if it can get enough Speed Boosts once beforehand, especially it usually was on the "dies" side in OU (and Gale Wings Talonflame yet lives unnerfed), as well as let Special sets be viable as well as able to get usage out of Surf Scald. Shrug. The idea of Rapid Spin setting Spikes is also just amusing to me.
Type:

Ability: Download
Stats: 70 / 130 (+10) / 70 (+30) / 115 (+20) / 70 (+30) / 105 (+10) [560 BST]
New Moves: Close Combat, Baton Pass
Description: I really like base Mega Sharpedo despite it not quite being OU material, so here's a twist on it. Regular Mega Sharpedo but (if sent out or Mega'd in front of the right opponent) you get the Strong Jaw boost for all your moves. Can go physical or special, you just have to play your cards right, especially if you want to sweep with the pre-Mega Speed Boost. Baton Pass is a flavor move since Download + Baton Pass is funny.
Type: Psychic / Fairy
Ability: Triage
Stats: 68 / 65 / 125 (+60) / 145 (+20) / 135 (+20) / 80 | 618
Description: forgot that sceptile existed so now we go with the incredible triage. much fatter physically to facilitate wisp and cm but also slower and less powerful which prevents it from going too crazy and letting faster mons resistant to fairy check it pretty well.
Ability: Serene Grace
Stats: 68 / 65 / 105(+40) / 165(+40) / 115 / 100(+20) [BST: 610]
Description: No flinch moves on these, surely balanced?
Stats
Adding on the Fire typing gives Gardevoir a strong new STAB to scare out stuff like Ferrothorn and other Steels. Kept the Fairy typing as it is stronger than Psychic and provides resistances in combination with Fire to handle foes like Breloom and Bisharp. Magic Guard lets Gardevoir more easily take advantage of the Fire-type’s defensive qualities without a Stealth Rock weakness.
:sm/Gardevoir-Mega:
Stats: 68 HP / 77 Atk / 65 Def / 165 SpA / 135 SpD / 108 Spe [610 BST] (+12 Atk, +40 SpA, +20 SpD, +28 Spe)
New Moves: Aura Sphere
Description: Bulletproof on an offensive Pokémon may seem awkward at first glance but the ability synergizes well with its typing since it actually protects Gardevoir from a lot of moves it would have been weak to: Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Gyro Ball to give examples. This generally makes Gardevoir a better check to Special Attackers. The loss of Pixilate doesn't really hurt it that much since Moonblast is a powerful STAB anyway. Aura Sphere gives Gardevoir an alternative Fighting coverage if you hate Focus Blast's accuracy. It gets 108 Speed to tie with its existing counterpart, Gallade.
Name: Gardevoir-Mega
Type: Psychic/Fairy [no change]
Ability: Pastel Veil = This Pokémon and its allies cannot be poisoned. On switch-in, cures poisoned allies. While this Pokémon is active, Poison-type moves against it and its allies deal 50% damage.
Stats: 068 HP / 064 Atk / 085 Def (+20) / 165 SpA (+40) / 130 SpD (+15) / 105 Spe (+25) (618 BST) [a.k.a. official stats except with Atk's boost given to Def instead and -05 SpD and +05 Spe]
New Moves: Rapid Spin, Recover
Description: Having mentioned Joltemons earlier and being out of ideas for this otherwise all week, I decided to just reuse my own change to Pastel Veil. That will at least give this a niche against the yet unbeaten (at least in the tours) terror that is Venusaur-Mega by being neutral to everything that mon can throw at it. Not much to say otherwise except I always found it weird that so many Psychic mons get Recover but Gardevoir (and Gallade) never did, that I somewhat wish Pixilate Gallade-Mega had won (and that I had submitted it) since Pixilate probably goes the way of Refrigerate (for Megas; Aurorus still has it) with this slate, and that Gardevoir-Mega can at least outspeed regular Garchomp now.
Type:

Description: Gardevoir is already pretty good this gen, mostly because Tapu Lele doesn't exist but also 1.3x Pixilate, but might as make it a little better. This is just JolteMons Garde but its stats are now rearrangements of current Mega Gallade, giving it a better speed tier and physical bulk at the cost of some of its wallbreaking potential.
Stats: 70 / 110 / 200 (+20) / 100 (+40) / 100 (+40) / 50 | 630
New Moves: Slack Off
Description: leverages its good coverage and great bulk to be an effective tank.
:ss/aggron-mega:
Type:

Ability: Dauntless Shield*
Dauntless Shield - Boots Defense by one stage on switch in. Stat boost is cleared at the end of the following turn.
Stats: 70 HP / 145 Atk / 185 Def / 85 SpA / 85 SpD / 60 Spe
Summary of Stat Changes: +35 Atk / +5 Def / +20 SpA / +25 SpD / +10 Spe
New Moves: Volt Switch
Description: I think Gen 8 Dauntless Shield is too absurd an ability to give to Aggron, while Gen 9 makes no sense on a wall at all. So I decided to make a compromise - give it the ability to always trigger throughout the match, but it only lasts for two turns at a time. Making so that it doesn't make it unbreakable on it's physical side for ever while still being a very solid switchin to physical attackers. Volt Switch differentiates itself from Mega Steelix and allows it the ability to pivot around checks.
:xy/Aggron-Mega:
Typing: Steel/Dragon
Stats: 70 HP/130 ATK/200 DEF/60 SPA/110 SPDEF/60 SPE
New Moves: Dragon Dance, Heat Crash, Spikes, Rapid Spin, Outrage
Weight: 1500 lbs
Description: Aggron's new stat spread slightly reduces its Physical bulk but bolsters its Special Bulk. Now it has an interesting role as a bulky sweeper too. After two Dragon Dances it can outspeed most of the OU meta with max speed investment, this is not a very tall ask for a mon with such amazing natural bulk. Its new typing and ability turn its 3 half weaknesses into only one and help it gain an immunity. It can also comfortably spam Outrage as it isn't weak to Fairy and can take a few fairy type hits. It can also serve a supportive role with access to Spikes and Stealth Rock. Its new ability gives it a ton of opportunities to switch in safely and restore health.
Type: Steel/Ghost
Ability: Unaware
Stats
: 70 / 140(+30) / 180 / 90(+30) / 100(+40) / 50 [BST:630]
New Moves: +Outrage, +Shadow Claw, +Phantom Force
Description: Better Aggron. I didn’t take inspiration from Mega Mirrors in Gen7 trust me.
Type: Steel / Dragon
Ability: Purifying Salt (Gen 9 effects without Ghost resistance)
Stats: HP-70 / Atk-130 / Def-185 / SpA-90 / SpD-75 / Spe-82 BST-630
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Dance
Description: Fun mixed Dragon Dance sweeper. Doesn’t have to worry about Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp like all other Dragon Dance sweepers do because of Purifying Salt.

Type:
Steel

Description: mega aggron but better. bulletproof protects aggron from moves such as focus blast and shadow ball, and it also has recovery to be more of a wall and less of a sitting duck. sadly, its special bulk is still somewhat lacking, and it's rather slow..
New Moves: Hone Claws, Wild Charge, Dragon Dance
Type: Steel/Dragon [Dragon typing replaces Rock typing]
Ability: Devastate = This Pokémon's Normal-type moves become Dragon type and have 1.3x power.
Stats: 070 HP / 130 Atk (+20) / 220 Def (+30) / 060 SpA / 090 SpD (+30) / 070 Spe (+20) (630 BST)
New Moves: Dragon Dance
Description: Really nothing much to say about this given I'm just following the trend, Earth Eater was already taken, and I knew that I didn't want to step on Heatproof Steelix-Mega too much directly, so some anti-Fire or anti-Electric ability was out. Dragon-type Return, Frustration, and especially Facade are the main draw here, and still lowish Speed and lack of non-Rest should help keep this in check despite its bulk since Burns mean that Heavy Slam and Earthquake does still at least do less damage against Fairy and Steel mons respectively unlike if it had Guts while still doing stupid amounts of damage. It can also go Curse, especially if you use it as a Thunder Wave absorber.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:heracross-mega:: MegaFlareon, LOrd Fernado(sv), Turtlek
:sharpedo-mega:: Gravity Monkey, LOrd Fernado(sv), Swagodile
:gardevoir-mega:: The Damned, LOrd Fernado(sv), anaconja
:aggron-mega:: BreloomBuddy, LOrd Fernado(sv), Dragonitebestboi

:heracross-mega: anaconja, The Damned, MegaFlareon
:sharpedo-mega: Gravity Monkey, chemicalmines (SV), Swagodile
:gardevoir-mega: Yoshiblaze, Breloom Buddy, anaconja
:aggron-mega: G-Luke, chemicalmines (SV), Dragonitebestboi

:Heracross-Mega: Dragonitebestboi, MegaFlareon (sv), BreloomBuddy, LOrd Fernado
:Sharpedo-Mega:Turtlek, LOrd Fernado, Dragonitebestboi, Gravity Monkey, Yoshiblaze
:Gardevoir-Mega:LOrd Fernado, The Damned, anaconja
:Aggron-Mega:chemicalmines, The Damned, G-Luke, MegaFlareon (sv)

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
:heracross-mega:anaconja, MegaFlareon, LOrd Fernando
:sharpedo-mega: MegaFlareon, Gravity Monkey (SV), Yoshiblaze
:gardevoir-mega: BreloomBuddy, Yoshiblaze, The Damned, MegaFlareon
:aggron-mega: G-Luke, anaconja, BreloomBuddy, chemicalmines

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:heracross-mega: the damned, anaconja, original
:sharpedo-mega: gluke, yoshiblaze, turtlek
:gardevoir-mega: yoshiblaze, breloombuddy, original
:aggron-mega: gluke, anaconja, the damned

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:heracross-mega: anaconja, The Damned, MwgaFlareon
:Sharpedo-Mega: anaconja, G-Luke
:Gardevoir-Mega: original
:Aggron-Mega: chemicalmines, G-Luke, The Damned

Ion like most of these subs. They look weak as hell or a bit weird to warrant running one.

Damn. I hadn't realized there were so few Gardevoir-Megas (and I should have made mine's speed 108--I'll ask to tweak that slightly in the unlikely case mine wins). Regardless, here's my Top 5:

:heracross-mega: Heracross-Megas: anaconja, LOrd Fernando, The Damned (SV), MegaFlareon, Turtlek

:sharpedo-mega: Sharpedo-Megas: MegaFlareon, Gravity Monkey, G-Luke, anaconja, Yoshiblaze

:gardevoir-mega: Gardevoir-Megas: MegaFlareon, Yoshiblaze, The Damned (SV), LOrd Fernando, anaconja

:aggron-mega: Aggron-Megas: MegaFlareon, G-Luke, Dragonitebestboi, The Damned (Sv), anaconja

Yoshiblaze

ye
Heracross: anaconja, Turtlek, Dragonitebestboi, LOrd Fernado
Sharpedo: G-Luke, Dragonitebestboi, Yoshiblaze (SV)
Gardevoir: Original, Yoshiblaze (SV), anaconja
Aggron: MegaFlareon, LOrd Fernado, Original

Yoshiblaze

ye
Results time once again!
Heracross
MegaFlareon - 3 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10
LOrd Fernado - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 7
Turtlek - 1 + 1 + 2 = 4
BreloomBuddy - 3 + 1 = 4
Dragonitebestboi - 2 + 3 + 1 = 6
The Damned - 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 9
anaconja - 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 17
Original - 1 = 1

Sharpedo
Gravity Monkey - 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 11

LOrd Fernado - 2 + 2 = 4
Swagodile - 1 + 1 = 2
Turtlek - 3 + 3 + 1 + 3 = 10
Dragonitebestboi - 2 + 1 + 2 = 5
chemicalmines - 1 + 2 + 1 = 4
Yoshiblaze - 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 8
MegaFlareon - 3 + 3 = 6
G-Luke - 3 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 8
anaconja - 2 + 1 = 3

Gardevoir
The Damned - 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8
LOrd Fernado - 2 + 3 + 1 = 6
anaconja - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5
Yoshiblaze - 1 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 15
BreloomBuddy - 2 + 3 + 2 = 7
MegaFlareon - 1 + 3 = 4
Original - 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 8

Aggron
BreloomBuddy - 3 + 1 = 4
LOrd Fernado - 2 + 2 = 4
Dragonitebestboi - 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5
G-Luke - 3 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 17
MegaFlareon - 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 8
chemicalmines - 2 + 3 + 1 + 3 = 9
The Damned - 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5
anaconja - 2 + 2 + 1 = 5
Original - 1 = 1

Congratulations to anaconja, Gravity Monkey, Yoshiblaze, and G-Luke for winning Heracross, Sharpedo, Gardevoir, and Aggron respectively!
Type:

Ability: No Guard
Stats: 70 / 130 (+10) / 55 (+15) / 145 (+50) / 55 (+15) / 105 (+10) [560 BST]
New Moves: Thunder
Description: Clean Slate Sharpedo-Mega (sorta). It gets Blizzard and Thunder to abuse its new ability, and 100% accurate HPumps are always nice. Its attack is also usable, which allows it to CC pink blobs and Ferrothorn. It can try to go for sweeps by racking up speedboosts or it can just go monkey mode and start making holes right of the bat.
Type:

:ss/aggron-mega:
Type:

Ability: Dauntless Shield*
Dauntless Shield - Boots Defense by one stage on switch in. Stat boost is cleared at the end of the following turn.
Stats: 70 HP / 145 Atk / 185 Def / 85 SpA / 85 SpD / 60 Spe
Summary of Stat Changes: +35 Atk / +5 Def / +20 SpA / +25 SpD / +10 Spe
New Moves: Volt Switch
Description: I think Gen 8 Dauntless Shield is too absurd an ability to give to Aggron, while Gen 9 makes no sense on a wall at all. So I decided to make a compromise - give it the ability to always trigger throughout the match, but it only lasts for two turns at a time. Making so that it doesn't make it unbreakable on it's physical side for ever while still being a very solid switchin to physical attackers. Volt Switch differentiates itself from Mega Steelix and allows it the ability to pivot around checks.
The next slate will start either shortly or early tomorrow.
See you then!

Yoshiblaze

ye
back at it again

- Slate 12: Playing With The Big Boys (and Girls) Now -
:sm/kangaskhan-mega::sm/salamence-mega::sm/metagross-mega:
Kangaskhan, Salamence, Metagross

For this slate, we have 3 of the most infamous Megas in competitive history! Mega Kangaskhan really needs no introduction, being one of the most ridiculously broken Pokemon in singles history, while also being insane in VGC. All I have to say is that this Pokemon singlehandedly took Power-Up Punch from the new Rock Smash to a dexited move in 3 gens. Salamence had a similar history, not being quite as ridiculous but still extremely silly with a Gen 6 -ate, 120 Speed, an amazing movepool with Physical and Special options, and stellar bulk. Even in Ubers, it still manages to be pretty crazy. Lastly is the only one of the three to not be Ubers in Gen 6, being Metagross. This Pokemon is solely balanced by the weird speed mechanics of Gen 6, as shown by it being banned in Gen 7 and both gens of NatDex despite massive power creep. Insane bulk, good enough power with Tough Claws, and a strangely high Speed for what Metagross is combine to make Metagross an absolute behemoth in all generations. Let's see how you adapt these monsters into our metagame.

Important note - Since Kangaskhan is up, I would like to remind you that Parental Bond's effects can be edited. This is the only pre-Gen 6 ability that this is allowed for. This is mainly to allow you to make Parental Bond subs without them being insta-vetoed because of Seismic Toss.

Refer to the rules located on the OP for how you should sub:

Submission Phase (7 Days)
For every slate, I will introduce 3-4 Mega Evolutions, with your job being to redesign them for our new metagame. You can change their non-HP stats, ability, and secondary typing, just be sure to follow the rules of Mega Evolutions, which are in the spoiler tag below.
A longer more detailed list of rules and guidelines can be found in the OP of the Megas For All here, but this mod won't share every rule they have (and some of their rules are specific to Gens 7-9). In general, the rules for submissions are as follows:

- You can only submit 1 Mega Evolution per Mega Pokémon slated. For example, if the slate includes Mega Beedrill, Lopunny, and Pidgeot, you can make 1 submission for each of them, but you can't make 2 Mega Beedrill submissions.
- Megas always share at least 1 typing with their base form. This type is always its primary typing, though you will be allowed to just retain its secondary typing if you have a good reason.
- You can only give Mega Evolutions 1 Ability. This can be a completely new ability or an ability from a later generation if you want, just don't do anything too crazy (as I'm going to be coding it) and don't add anything that sets or interacts with things not in Gen 6 (like Psychic Surge, for example). You are also allowed to edit the effects of Parental Bond, as it's the only ability exclusive to 1 Mega.
- Mega Evolutions have exactly 100 more BST than their base forms and their HP stats never change. Some trends exist with how Megas boost or lower stats, but the best advice I can give is to simply be reasonable and make sure you have a good reason to do anything crazy.
- You may add moves to the Pokémon you're submitting for. This allows you to give the Pokémon a movepool that allows it to fully use the stats, typing, and/or ability you design it around, like Lopunny getting High Jump Kick or Heracross gaining Bullet Seed and Rock Blast. To start I will allow you to add as many moves as you want, but you must add moves with reason. Don't add a bunch of flavor moves that the Pokemon will never realistically use, especially since flavor is less of a focus here as Megas will use the same designs as their original Mega forms. Also remember that the base form of the Pokémon can use the moves you give it. Moves can't be removed from the Pokemon with the exception of Seismic Toss on Kangaskhan, which can be removed if you want to keep Parental Bond on it.
- Submissions that are too powerful or don't follow the rules may be vetoed and disqualified from voting. I will give a warning 24 hours before the end of submissions to point out any submissions that are likely to get vetoed.

Basic Template:
Code:
:sm/pokemon:
[b]Name[/b]: Mega <Pokémon>
[b]Type[/b]:
[b]Ability[/b]:
[b]Stats[/b]: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe [BST]
[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]: (Describe how your submission fits into the metagame, what it does, what it checks/counters, what it gets checked/countered by, why you would use it, etc.)

Megas For All Template (Created by Hematite):
Code:
:pokemon: [b]Mega <Pokémon>
New Ability[/b]:
[b]Type[/b]:

[b][u]Stats[/u][/b]:
HP:
Attack:
Defense:
Special Attack:
Special Defense:
Speed:
(BST)

[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:
For types, you can insert type images like this
with this link (replace Type with the type you want) https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png

Example Submission
:sm/charizard-mega-x:
Name: Mega Charizard X
Type:

Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 78 / 130 (+46) / 111 (+33) / 130 (+21) / 85 / 100 [634 BST]
Description: Mega Charizard X can act as a dangerous Dragon Dance sweeper with strong Tough Claws-boosted moves in Flare Blitz, Outrage, Dragon Claw, and Thunder Punch. A unique defensive typing and decent bulk makes setting up much easier, made even easier with Roost. Walled by very bulky Water-types, Heatran (if you don't run EQ), and checked by Landorus-T.

Submissions will end in 7 Days.

:sm/Kangaskhan-Mega:
Name: Mega Kangaskhan
Type: Normal/Fighting
Ability: Parental Bond: Kangaskhan's increased priority moves strike twice, but the second hit strikes only at 50% power.
Stats: 105 HP / 145 Atk / 100 Def / 50 SpA / 100 SpD / 90 Spe [590 BST] (+50 Atk, +20 Def, +10 SpA, +20 SpD)
New Moves: Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch
Description: Baby Kangaskhan still helps her mother in battle, but only when using priority moves. This makes Kangaskhan a great anti-offense Pokémon, taking out weakened sweepers and such. Mega Kangaskhan gets an increased Attack stat to compensate from the loss of wallbreaking power provided by OG Parental Bond, while also making its priority moves even more threatening. The additional Fighting typing gives it more power to counter bulky Steels, while also giving it STAB on Drain Punch, Mach Punch, and Hammer Arm. Bullet Punch gives it priority coverage for Fairies.

:sm/Salamence-Mega:
Name: Mega Salamence
Type: Dragon/Flying
Ability: Super Luck
Stats: 95 HP / 145 Atk / 100 Def / 150 SpA / 100 SpD / 110 Spe [700 BST] (+10 Atk, +20 Def, +40 SpA, +20 SpD, +10 Spe)
Description: I think the best way to balance Megas with very high BST is to significantly boost its lower offensive stat significantly, to prevent the Mega's stats from being too optimized. The significant Special Attack boost turns Mega Salamence into a equally effective mixed attacker, which can be hard for the opponent to predict since Salamence has a wide movepool on both sides. Mega Salamence's stats are so high enough that it doesn't need a powerful ability so Super Luck is a good enough ability give Salamence extra critical hit chances and break down bulky sweepers. Focus Energy + Super Luck combo could also be a fun strategy to try out.

:sm/Metagross-Mega:
Name: Mega Metagross
Type: Steel/Psychic
Ability: Analytic
Stats: 80 HP / 150 Atk / 160 Def / 120 SpA / 120 SpD / 70 Spe [700 BST] (+15 Atk, +30 Def, +25 SpA, +30 SpD)
Description: Analytic takes advantage of Mega Metagross' low Speed, allowing it to hit incredibly hard whenever it moves last. Its good defensive typing also allows it to force switches and get opportunities to fire Analytic-boosted attacks. Its stellar bulk also and Poison immunity gives it a lot of survivability in battle.

Last edited:
:xy/Kangaskhan-Mega:

Name: Kangaskhan-Mega

Typing: Normal

Ability: Technician

Stats: 105 HP/120 ATK/100 DEF/50 SPA/100 SPDEF/115 SPE

New Moves: Mach Punch, Extreme Speed, U-Turn, Slack Off, Dual Chop, Tail Slap, Milk Drink

Description: This revamped Mega Kangaskhan is fairly weak compared to the original but has a few nice perks such as a better speed tier. It's new ability also lets its Fake Out hit pretty hard. It also gains reliable recovery which is always useful. It can also use its wide variety of coverage to lure and kill many potent threats. 60 BP Power-Up Punch is pretty sweet too. Unfortunately it is held back by its relative lack of power and middling typing.

:xy/Metagross-Mega:

Name: Metagross-Mega

Typing: Steel/Psychic

Ability: Levitate

Stats: 80 HP/135 ATK/130 DEF/135 SPA/100 SPDEF/120 SPE

New Moves: Vacuum Wave, Earth Power, Stored Power, Boomburst, Spikes, Volt Switch, Psystrike, Thunderbolt, Magnet Rise

Description: Mega-Metagross is now a mixed attacker (RSE Nostalgia), it has a ton of powerful options on both the physical and special side and can run mixed sets too. Its boosted speed also serves it well, though it misses the loss in power. It can also now find better switch in opportunities with Levitate. But it suffers from a loss in power and lacks setup moves which force it to rely on its natural offenses, its offensive typing isn't amazing either.

:xy/Salamence-Mega:

Name: Salamence-Mega

Typing: Dragon/Water

Ability: Blood Moon (+1 Priority on all dark moves, Highest stat boosted by 1 stage if Moonlight is used by a Pokemon other than itself, loses 1/8th HP every turn in sun, takes double damage from fire,fairy moves)

Stats: 95 HP/125 ATK/120 DEF/150 SPA/85 SPDEF/125 SPE

New Moves: Night Daze, Moonlight, Moonblast, Scald

Description: More specially oriented but with a gimmicky ability with drawbacks as well as benefits. Bit faster than original Mega Mence but hits less hard. Scald access is nice alongside priority Hone Claws for setup, though Dragon Dance is probably still better.

(I now have a newfound appreciation for how hard it is to balance a 700 BST mega, no wonder all of them were either terrible or amazing)

Last edited:
:sm/Salamence-Mega:
Type: Flying/Fairy
Ability: Gale Wings
Stats: 95 HP / 135 Atk / 87 Def / 160 SpA / 120 SpD / 103 Spe [700 BST]
New Moves: Calm Mind, Moonblast
Description: Bagon wants to fly, Salamence flies, my mega rules the sky. A moderately fast breaker, with enormous coverage and a mixed option.

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sm/metagross-mega:
Type:
1681946374703.png
1681946862869.png

Stats
: 80 / 145 / 150 / 105 / 120 / 100 [BST:700]
New Moves: +Volt Switch, +Elemental Punches, +Sky Uppercut, +Wild Charge
Description: An ability that's powerful, but not too powerful.

:sm/salamence-mega:
Type:
1681895274882.png
1681895578938.png

Ability: Blood Crescent
Custom Ability
: If the opponent gets knocked out by a Dark type move, the next super-effective attack is halved.
Stats: 95 / 150 / 100 / 145 / 100 / 110 [BST:700]
New Moves: +Dark Pulse, +Night Slash, +Pursuit, +Knock Off
Description: Mixed attacker that can really surprise the opponent.

Last edited:
:roaring moon::sm/salamence-mega::roaring moon:
Type: Dragon / Dark
Ability: Protosynthesis (While Sun is active, highest stat is x1.3, x1.5 if speed)
Stats: 95 HP / 149 Atk / 95 Def / 137 SpA / 105 SpD / 119 Spe BST-700
New Moves: no
Description: :roaring moon: but bigger and less coverage, no pivoting.

:sm/metagross-mega:
Ability: Heavy Industry (Normal type moves become Steel-type and have x1.2 power.)
Stats: 80 HP / 145 Atk / 145 Def / 90 SpA / 139 SpD / 96 Spe
Movepool Changes: + Rapid Spin, Feint, Triple Kick, Double Slap,
Competitive Value:

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
:sm/salamence-mega:
Name: Salamence-Mega
Type:

Ability: Levitate (wip)
Stats: 95 / 155 (+20) / 110 (+30) / 140 (+30) / 100 (+20) / 100 [700 BST]
New Moves: –
Description: Everyone's doing simili-Roaring Moons, but I hate gen 9 visceraly so I will not do that! This mega tries to make Salamence's defensive traits shine, which is paradoxical with a 155/140/100 offensive statline. Dragon/Steel with levitate is an incredible typing, leaving mence with only a single weakness to Fighting. This translates into either enough inital survivability to set up some dragon dances or into letting work as a very solid defoger able to check/counter the most common stealth rockers in garchomp and the driller (sometimes). To compensate that, it's stuck at a very awkward initial speed tier and its not that difficult to check defensively (it's steel STABs are either steel wing or iron tail).

:sm/kangaskhan-mega:
Name: Kangaskhan-Mega
Type:

Ability: Parental Bond* (Nomal-moves from this Pokémon hit twice.)
Stats: 105 / 125 (+30) / 90 (+10) / 90 (+50) / 90 (+10) / 90 [590 BST]
New Moves: —
Description: By removing the problematic options from mega-kang's toolkit (mainly PuP and seismic toss), it loses what made it problematic in OU. The reworked ability trades that for batshit nuclear normal STABs. The fact that it's only that that makes it threatening makes it easier to check though, especially since ghost type is straight up immune to it. It also trades bulk and speed for a usable special attack, letting it be more creative with how to deal with its checks (it gets fire coverage for skarm for instance) while being easier to check offensively.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)