SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Also "static encounters": were legendaries from Dynamax Dens considered Static back in Crown Tundra? I really liked those more than classic static encounters. If they were, at least I can still hope for a fun way to catch them. If they were not, at least I can still hope that other legendaries will be available with a fun way to catch them.
Khu mentioned that it might not be appropriate to call the Indigo Disk returning legendaries "static encounters", so there is probably some kind of new way to obtain them. Whether or not it will be better or worse than traditional static encounters remains to be seen though.

Khu mentioned that it might not be appropriate to call the Indigo Disk returning legendaries "static encounters", so there is probably some kind of new way to obtain them. Whether or not it will be better or worse than traditional static encounters remains to be seen though.
Dynamax Raid dens were not considered "static encounters" so it will likely be something like Bloodmoon Ursaluna, with a Perrin sidequest, but thats just a theory.
A GAME THEORY!!!
15 Days Till The Funny Turtle

Last edited:
Building on this, Khu previously "hinted" at what this method might be by posting images of vending machine snacks.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but based on how the main story went, maybe the method is that you have to make/feed the Legendaries sandwiches made from their favorite ingredients? Something like needing to make a specific sandwich in order to get the desired Legendary to spawn in the overworld. That would fit them being "static encounters" except not really.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but based on how the main story went, maybe the method is that you have to make/feed the Legendaries sandwiches made from their favorite ingredients? Something like needing to make a specific sandwich in order to get the desired Legendary to spawn in the overworld. That would fit them being "static encounters" except not really.
I'd take making specific sandwitches over having to pray the RNG gods honestly...

Building on this, Khu previously "hinted" at what this method might be by posting images of vending machine snacks.

Or maybe one of my previous guesses is correct, and you have to run the PkHex-Lite/SMACHINE just to trigger the "static encounter" with your dream legendary (select legendaries only; Blueberry Academy is somehow out of Zygarde tickets but does have Entei tickets available)?
Makes me wonder if you have to get your other box legends through the PKHex-Lite or HOME transfers post-Indigo Disk. Maybe that's the sneaky way they let you get a Lunala in the Indigo Disk - get a Lunala ticket for the SMACHINE and craft your Lunala there...

So I guess they really didn't want to deal with Xerneas changing cosmetic forms in the static encounter overworld, eh?
I believe that its more logic based, like why the fuck would the physical incarnations of life and death be of the coast of the US
this rules. making a tuna melt in my kitchen and time and space rip themselves apart as giratina rushes towards me
i died upon seeing this. thank arceus i had a max revive
Makes me wonder if you have to get your other box legends through the PKHex-Lite or HOME transfers post-Indigo Disk. Maybe that's the sneaky way they let you get a Lunala in the Indigo Disk - get a Lunala ticket for the SMACHINE and craft your Lunala there...
Static encounters are things like the second Koraidon, my guess is after completing a certain goal, a specific legendary will appear in a specific spot and wait for you to battle it.
Or maybe one of my previous guesses is correct, and you have to run the PkHex-Lite/SMACHINE just to trigger the "static encounter" with your dream legendary (select legendaries only; Blueberry Academy is somehow out of Zygarde tickets but does have Entei tickets available)?
yeah, strange everyone wanted the overgrown King Cobra with a 708 BST Megazord form instead of a disaster lion

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
https://x.com/hsinhsung9487/status/1729709625853739082?s=20

A list of some catchable legends in the dlc were datamined. Note: this list could apparently be subject to some changes before the dlc releases. Not sure if this deconfirms pokemon like regis, tapus, etc.
Thank god Ho oh is on that list. It's literally the only one I want to return because fuck Zacian, Calyrex, Arceus fairy, and Flutter Mane. This should make Ubers more defensively stable. I just wish they'd buff the origin trio. Like those things are fucking gods for fuck's sake. Why are they struggling against fucking motorbikes

Also suppose it means Calyrex & Enamorus will have to wait another gen (or events, I suppose) for their shinies to be released.
Even if Calyrex could be like Cosmog in the DLC and be tied to a gift rather than an encounter, I think gifts are still shiny locked in SV like they were in SWSH.

Late to the party but as someone who's spent the last few years learning different languages this was a beautiful gift. Also since Spanish names have always been the same as English ones getting to see Ferrodada (as in ferro + rodada) and Pelarena (pelo, hair + arena, sand) is kinda striking. Funny that in Italian and French Sandy Shocks' name also mentions hair, guess the English version didn't want to emphasize the same thing as in Flutter Mane.

I'm very curious what Entei's name will be, Gouging seems like the only option and in Spanish it's clearly Flama (Flamardiente has 12 characters but seems a bit repetitive, maybe another word that starts with A?), Italian is kinda hard because Val makes me think lava but not really, French is clearly Feu but German just stumps me.

For Terrakion, Iron Boulder is the clear winner although in Spanish it can't be Cascote, Piedra or Roca since they aren't between those options (obviously starting with Ferro). German is between Fa- and Ha- so it also doesn't leave many options, maybe Eisenfelsen? Which totally sounds like someone's last name. In Frenche we know it ends in "de Fer" but it can't be Roche since it'd be after Rocabot, it's possible it's just Roc.

Finally, the peach is clearly Peach in English and Spanish, Pêche in French. In Italian peach is pesca but that doesn't seem right, maybe it keeps the English name? And German has to be a pun because peach is Pfirsich, unfortunately I don't know enough to figure it out. It seems that the loyal three are puns between Italian and Japanese (Boninu is bon + inu, Benesaru is bene + saru and Beatori is beatus + tori) so it's likely some Italian word + momo.

Dunno if I got across how much fun I had thinking about this, lol.

Edit:
Ik this doesn't matter much for the context of the thread but the english name does actually mention hair. "Shocks" is a double pun with its typing and the hair.

View attachment 575035
Wow I didn't know that, it's definitely a very cool pun then especially since it has a (somewhat) old use. Guess I have to give them more credit for their name wordplay.

Last edited:
I hope it's not.
I didn't expect them to still leave out legendaries allowed in VGC but only catcheable in other games. It makes the whole "we are improving the QoL so you don't need to gen your Pokémon" moot.
I didn't expect Glastrier and Spectrier without Calyrex.
You want Shadow Rider Calyrex and Astral Barrage back?:calyrex-shadow:
I mean they were in a random cave in England so I don’t think they care much about logic.
*Scotland. Learn geography, dumbass.:changry:
So they were tied to those 25 side quests then

rip anyone who wanted Enamorus without Legends
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-
Once again, capitalism won against us.:enamorus:
I just wish they'd buff the origin trio. Like those things are fucking gods for fuck's sake. Why are they struggling against fucking motorbikes
:dialga:Dialga's and :palkia:Palkia's main niche is, what, setting Trick Room? Don't get me wrong, that's good, yes, but compared to the two sandwich eaters, yeah that's a little disappointing.
Why doesn't Giratina get Trick Room tho?

This list is cap, Anubis confirmed so on discord.
We are stuck taking Anubis's word vs. Khu's, then. I want to see the "limited info they didn't stub" in this case because, in a way, isn't all datamined info derived from this? If they're all blank slots, then I have reason to doubt, but if someone left scars of "F.E.", "W.S.", "L.K." (the 3 Legendary Beasts), "HBa", "KBa" (Glastrier and Spectrier), and more, then we have reason to believe...

Also suppose it means Calyrex & Enamorus will have to wait another gen (or events, I suppose) for their shinies to be released.
Even if Calyrex could be like Cosmog in the DLC and be tied to a gift rather than an encounter, I think gifts are still shiny locked in SV like they were in SWSH.
Someone mentioned that these Static Encounters in Gen 8 would not encompass something like Dynamax Adventure, which I believe COULD have Shiny Legendaries. So technically they could do Calyrex's Shiny through something like that and keep the Horses Shiny locked, but we know they won't actually go that route. I find it weird though having them available through different methods given Calyrex is thematically and mechanically dependent on the horses.

Thank god Ho oh is on that list. It's literally the only one I want to return because fuck Zacian, Calyrex, Arceus fairy, and Flutter Mane. This should make Ubers more defensively stable. I just wish they'd buff the origin trio. Like those things are fucking gods for fuck's sake. Why are they struggling against fucking motorbikes
Miraidon stocks would go up with Ho-oh and Lugia bringing in checks of various performance to those 4 plus Koraidon while being Electric Food.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)