SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Happened to notice that in SV 2.0.1, GF left in what the alphabetical order should be for the dummied out Indigo Disk Pokémon in each language, so if you’re into multilingual word games...
GADg-HeagAAYkBX.png

That's a fun find.

So if I get this right, these are basically the new pokemon, and their names alphabetically would be between the two shown for every language?
Yeah

So in order...
  • Dipplin2 probably does play on "Hydra" rather than "Orochi"
  • I think by order of elimination this has to be Paradox Entei. Pretty interesting selection here.
  • Raging Storm & Iron Crown as stated
  • Paradox Terrakion. Means it has to be Iron A- or Iron B-
  • Terapagos, as stated in the image
  • Dokutaro has to be a P word between (or inclusive of) Pa & Pe. Peach makes the most sense, but there's probably other options
  • Archaludon. Kinda fun he's at the end of the listings internally

Yeah

So in order...
  • Dipplin2 probably does play on "Hydra" rather than "Orochi"
  • I think by order of elimination this has to be Paradox Entei. Pretty interesting selection here.
  • Raging Storm & Iron Crown as stated
  • Paradox Terrakion. Means it has to be Iron A- or Iron B-
  • Terapagos, as stated in the image
  • Dokutaro has to be a P word between (or inclusive of) Pa & Pe. Peach makes the most sense, but there's probably other options
  • Archaludon. Kinda fun he's at the end of the listings internally
For Dipplin2, might be either Hydrapple, Hydrappel, or even Hydralum (malum means apple) to make it sounds more mystical.

That’s an interesting find indeed regarding the ID listing. Archaludon being on last entry tells me that it was planned last as if GF thought it doesn’t feel right that only Applin gets a new cross-gen for SV DLC, so they built one for Duraludon.

Paradox Terrakion. Means it has to be Iron A- or Iron B-
For the little I can figure, since in Italian it's between Masquerain and Maushold, I am supposing it will start with "masso" which means "rock, boulder".
Iron Boulder (Masso Ferreo) is actually a reasonable assumption.

I can't really however grasp (if that is indeed Entei) what the name could be though. cannot be Vulcano (volcano) as that'd be after Vanillish, and a word starting with U that comes after Uxie is hard to figure for me. So the starting letters in italian are definitely "Va" and I honestly cannot think of any word that would make sense for a pokemon. However, the spanish name being between Flabebe and Flamigo makes me imagine it'll have something to do with flames.

For the languages that just use their characters in that image, I tried just crossreferencing with a katakana table & the japanese Pokemon Center (https://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/?s=search/ka) and boy was that a mistake. I don't think it was katakana at all...
But Dipplin2 is between Barraskewda ("Kamasujaw") and Kami...something. THe closest I saw was Kartana's カミツルギ but that isnt what that name is??

Turns out its pretty hard to translate names when you don't know the language, who'd have thunk....I'll let someone better versed seek those out.

For the languages that just use their characters in that image, I tried just crossreferencing with a katakana table & the japanese Pokemon Center (https://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/?s=search/ka) and boy was that a mistake. I don't think it was katakana at all...
But Dipplin2 is between Barraskewda ("Kamasujaw") and Kami...something. THe closest I saw was Kartana's カミツルギ but that isnt what that name is??

Turns out its pretty hard to translate names when you don't know the language, who'd have thunk....I'll let someone better versed seek those out.

"カミッチュ" is Kamitchu, which is Dipplin's Japanese name. I guess its not on Pokemon Center because there is no Dipplin merch yet. Which, at the very least, confirms that the Japanese name of Dipplin2 is probably similar.

EDIT: I guess if GF is really lazy, the name could be カミッチ or "Kamitchi" as in "O-ro-chi". It should fit in between Kamasujaw and Kamitchu, but I'm not that familiar with how Katakana is ordered alphabetically.

Last edited:
excuse me what the alien resurrection lore is this?
There is no world where the peach's name isn't a play on "peachy keen"
Yeah, Okidogi is Oki Doki, Munkidori is Hunky Dory, and Fezendipiti is Serendipity
"カミッチュ" is Kamitchu, which is Dipplin's Japanese name. I guess its not on Pokemon Center because there is no Dipplin merch yet. Which, at the very least, confirms that the Japanese name of Dipplin2 is probably similar.

EDIT: I guess if GF is really lazy, the name could be カミッチ or "Kamitchi" as in "O-ro-chi". It should fit in between Kamasujaw and Kamitchu, but I'm not that familiar with how Katakana is ordered alphabetically.
ID #1013 is Dipplin2
#1017 is Ancentei (Past Entei)
#1018 is Raging Bolt
#1019 is Iron Crown
#1020 is Futerrakion (Future Terrakion)
#1021 is Terapagos
#1022 is Peachikeen/Dokutaro
#1023 is Archaludon

For the little I can figure, since in Italian it's between Masquerain and Maushold, I am supposing it will start with "masso" which means "rock, boulder".
Iron Boulder (Masso Ferreo) is actually a reasonable assumption.

I can't really however grasp (if that is indeed Entei) what the name could be though. cannot be Vulcano (volcano) as that'd be after Vanillish, and a word starting with U that comes after Uxie is hard to figure for me. So the starting letters in italian are definitely "Va" and I honestly cannot think of any word that would make sense for a pokemon. However, the spanish name being between Flabebe and Flamigo makes me imagine it'll have something to do with flames.

To add to this:

The french name of 1020 is in between "Riolu" and "Rocabot". It could very easily be Roc-de-fér (Iron Rock)
The german name is in between "Eisenfalter" and "Eisenhals". It could very easily be Eisenfelsen (Iron Rock)
Its english name is most likely Iron Boulder

As for Entei, we have to keep in mind that the name limit for english names is 12 characters. If its initial word is Gouging, the final word has to be 4 letters long at most. PErsonally guessing its one of Gouging Ash, Gouging Pyre or Gouging Fire

Spannish has it between "Flabébé" and "Flamigo" so its most likely going to start with Flame in that language (for reference Raging Bolt is electrofuria)

Previous guesses for names that are the most likely to be correct based on this new information:

• Hydrapplin or Hydripplin
  • Gouging Flame
  • Peachikeen
Also, this probably definitively debunks that Pastebin which was circling a while back, since "Dokutaro" has a proper name as opposed to re-using the internal codename.
This does debunk an already debunked Pastebin.
To add to this:

The french name of 1020 is in between "Riolu" and "Rocabot". It could very easily be Roc-de-fér (Iron Rock)
The german name is in between "Eisenfalter" and "Eisenhals". It could very easily be Eisenfelsen (Iron Rock)
Its english name is most likely Iron Boulder

As for Entei, we have to keep in mind that the name limit for english names is 12 characters. If its initial word is Gouging, the final word has to be 4 letters long at most. PErsonally guessing its one of Gouging Ash, Gouging Pyre or Gouging Fire

Spannish has it between "Flabébé" and "Flamigo" so its most likely going to start with Flame in that language (for reference Raging Bolt is electrofuria)
Yeah, uh, flame in Spanish is Fuego, if I remember correctly. Like Fue(go)coco

The Kami-something is likely one of the kami quartet ignore that, I checked each of them, the kanji didn't match at all. This must mean one of the unreleased pokemon in the "Ka line" as google translate calls it
Hey R_N, can you reply with a picture of the Kanji?
Apparently the Kanji is the japanese Kamitchu, thank you HypnoWhirl

Last edited:
This does debunk an already debunked Pastebin.

Yeah, uh, flame in Spanish is Fuego, if I remember correctly. Like Fue(go)coco

The Kami-something is likely one of the kami quartet ignore that, I checked each of them, the kanji didn't match at all. This must mean one of the unreleased pokemon in the "Ka line" as google translate calls it
Hey R_N, can you reply with a picture of the Kanji?
Apparently the Kanji is the japanese Kamitchu
The....picture of the names are all in the original tweet

You also already quoted the guy who figured it was Dipplin's japanese name, also

Previous guesses for names that are the most likely to be correct based on this new information:

• Hydrapplin or Hydripplin
  • Gouging Flame
  • Peachikeen
Also, this probably definitively debunks that Pastebin which was circling a while back, since "Dokutaro" has a proper name as opposed to re-using the internal codename.

Just wanna point out: "Gouging Flame" would be 13 characters long, aka over the 12 character limit
"Gouging Pyre", perhaps?

yeah, im not blind, but I can miss the obvious sometimes a lot. ADHD is weird like that. But what is Kamitchu in english i wonder. Please, someone, tell us!
per bulbapedia
Kamicchu may be a combination of 果 ka (fruit), 花蜜 kamitsu (nectar), 虫 chū (bug; worm), and カジッチュ Kajicchu (Applin).
Guessing they work in some relation to orochi or the hydra in the back half of the name.

Could be “Goring Flame” too. If it’s a Triceratops, “Goring” would actually make sense.
Yeah, or it could either Gouging or Goring, I agree
Like many other languages, there's more than one word in spanish for flame, one of them simply being Flama; which would very easily fit here
What the... never mind, langauges are wierd.
per bulbapedia

Guessing they work in some relation to orochi or the hydra in the back half of the name.
prehaps the "ch" from Orochi?
Gouging would make sense for a triceratops too. So Dipplin 2 is probably something like Hydrapple.
Goring Pyre and Hydripplin? Those are my personal favorite versions.

Could be “Goring Flame” too. If it’s a Triceratops, “Goring” would actually make sense.

It’s between Gothitelle and Gourgeist, so “Goring” wouldn’t work. R > S > T > U

Gouging probably isn’t the word I’d have chosen, but it fits well enough for a creature that presumably attacks using pronounced horns. To gouge can mean to open a deep gash in something.

Last edited:
It’s between Gothitelle and Gourgeist, so “Goring” wouldn’t work. R > S > T > U

Gouging probably isn’t the word I’d have chosen, but it fits well enough for a creature with pronounced horns. To gouge can mean to open a deep gash in something.
Huh, I didnt notice that. Should be fun!
Warning, Theory inbound!
So, what if each of the Paradox legends has a unique highest stat?
Walking Wake would be Special Attack
Iron Leaves would be Attack
Raging Bolt would be HP
Iron Crown would be Special Defense
Gouging Pyre or whatever would be Defense

and Iron Boulder would be Speed!

I hope it's not.
I didn't expect them to still leave out legendaries allowed in VGC but only catcheable in other games. It makes the whole "we are improving the QoL so you don't need to gen your Pokémon" moot.
I didn't expect Glastrier and Spectrier without Calyrex.

Also "static encounters": were legendaries from Dynamax Dens considered Static back in Crown Tundra? I really liked those more than classic static encounters. If they were, at least I can still hope for a fun way to catch them. If they were not, at least I can still hope that other legendaries will be available with a fun way to catch them.

Days left before my disappointment: 16

Back