Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know where else to do so, so here I go. I'd like to report a bug on Showdown where the terrains are not working properly. A couple of days ago, on psychic terrain a Mimikyu was able to use Shadow Sneak (a move with priority), but I didn't save the replay at the time. Now, on Misty terrain, a Rotom was able to use Will-o-wisp (a status move) and fortunately I did save the replay this time.

Replay - See turn 1

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I didn't know where else to do so, so here I go. I'd like to report a bug on Showdown where the terrains are not working properly. A couple of days ago, on psychic terrain a Mimikyu was able to use Shadow Sneak (a move with priority), but I didn't save the replay at the time. Now, on Misty terrain, a Rotom was able to use Will-o-wisp (a status move) and fortunately I did save the replay this time.

Replay - See turn 1
Pokemon that aren't grounded like corviknight do not get the benefits of terrain's protections. Hence why it was burnable.

For a Event, we did a BH national dex, with these rules
/tour create gen8balancedhackmons, elimination
/tour rules Standard Natdex
and we try this team

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Genesis Supernova

Arceus @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Evoboost
- Frustration
- Spectral Thief
- Taunt

and if you try to validate

1578344041045.png

And more bugs with anoter team

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
For a Event, we did a BH national dex, with these rules
/tour create gen8balancedhackmons, elimination
/tour rules Standard Natdex
and we try this team

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Genesis Supernova

Arceus @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Evoboost
- Frustration
- Spectral Thief
- Taunt

and if you try to validate

View attachment 217171

And more bugs with anoter team
The issue has been fixed as of a few minutes ago (probably). Try again and reply to this if its still broken.

Interaction between the Ripen Ability and Starf Berry does not work properly.
Starf Berry should Boost a Random Stat by 2 stages when consumed.
Ripen Doubles this effect.
The Resulting effect should be that 1 random stat is boosted by 4 stages. In this instance however, it is only boosted 2 stages.
Showdown Replay
Ingame Example

I guess there's an issue with interaction between Lagging Tail and Trick with Prankster.
If I use Trick to give to a fast pokemon Lagging Tail, he still attack faster than other pokemons.

I guess there's an issue with interaction between Lagging Tail and Trick with Prankster.
If I use Trick to give to a fast pokemon Lagging Tail, he still attack faster than other pokemons.
Custap Berry, Full Incense, Lagging Tail, Quick Claw and Stall's effects on speed are only calculated at the beginning of the turn.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The team validator is broken for [Gen 8] CAP, specifically affecting CAP Pokemon. It's flagging whatever move is listed first as being unavailable in Gen 8 even though they're available and part of the CAP Pokemon's legal movepool. This is preventing us from playing [Gen 8] CAP.
https://prnt.sc/qk8fnv

I switched Ditto into a Lunala which then used Calm Mind. Ditto did not get the boost (which is correct behavior). Then, both mons used Moongeist Beam, but Lunala's did over double the damage. I don't believe one Calm Mind alone would cause that discrepancy although initially I thought that.

1578428785269.png

Shadow Shield is not ignored by Moongeist Beam, so it seems Ditto's Shadow Shield did not activate.

Screenshot_20200107-212119.png

I had played a match with Se Jun's VGC 2020 team and had encountered a player using buldoze on dusclops to activate weakness policy on Rhyperior, but that had the side effect of activating defiant on my passimian. Even though I lost, that gave me the idea of doing the same with gothitelle, but as you can see in the image, goth didn't receive competitive boost despite having it's speed reduced twice.
I can't imagine defiant and competitive acting differently, thus this must be a bug.

I had played a match with Se Jun's VGC 2020 team and had encountered a player using buldoze on dusclops to activate weakness policy on Rhyperior, but that had the side effect of activating defiant on my passimian. Even though I lost, that gave me the idea of doing the same with gothitelle, but as you can see in the image, goth didn't receive competitive boost despite having it's speed reduced twice.
I can't imagine defiant and competitive acting differently, thus this must be a bug.
This isn't a bug, and it's not Defiant and Competitive acting differently from each other. Defiant/Competitive don't trigger on self-induced stat drops (like from Close Combat), and this includes from your ally. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1042523347 Here's a replay of an ally's Bulldoze not triggering Passimian's Defiant. Your opponent got the attack boost on Passimian because it came from your Bulldoze. If he had used Bulldoze, his Passimian would not have received the attack boost either.

You do, however, get stat boosts from an ally's attack from holding Weakness Policy.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I switched Ditto into a Lunala which then used Calm Mind. Ditto did not get the boost (which is correct behavior). Then, both mons used Moongeist Beam, but Lunala's did over double the damage. I don't believe one Calm Mind alone would cause that discrepancy although initially I thought that.

View attachment 217348

Shadow Shield is not ignored by Moongeist Beam, so it seems Ditto's Shadow Shield did not activate.
Ditto has significantly less HP than Lunala, so it probably just fainted naturally even considering Shadow Shield:
  • 252+ SpA Lunala Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Shadow Shield Ditto-Lunala: 354-416 (118 - 138.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

ahh right Ditto doesn't copy HP. This was in rands though (so neutral EVs but also Lunala had +1 SPA) and I noticed the rand calc also didn't take into account that moongeist doesn't ignore shadow shield (it said Ditto's attack should've done 90+%) so perhaps the regular calc has that issue too?

but you're right it's gotta be the HP.

Two bugs for the VGC 2020 format:

1) On Showdown, your ally can activate your own Wandering Spirit. On the ladder in-game, you cannot activate your own Wandering Spirit with your ally.

2) Snipe Shot is broken on Showdown. Snipe Shot does not bypass moves/abilities like Follow Me/Storm Drain. It is supposed to ignore these effects. It's description on Showdown says "High Critical Hit Ratio", however in game the description of the move states "The user ignores the effects of opposing Pokémon's moves and Abilities that draw in moves, allowing this move to hit the chosen target."

It's description on Showdown says "High Critical Hit Ratio", however in game the description of the move states "The user ignores the effects of opposing Pokémon's moves and Abilities that draw in moves, allowing this move to hit the chosen target."
Datamining the game reveals that this is correct behavior.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
modlogs act weird if a room uses spotlights. I cannot show this without leaking a room's modlog, so I'm just reporting it atm

post for friends:
Follow Me can not draw Dragon Darts in doubles on showdown, it hits twice on Follow Me user in game.
Dynamax moves dont consume their original moves' pp on showdown, which should.
healing moves and items affect Dynamax pokemons are based on the HP of their Dynamax form on showdown, which should be based on their original form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)