Pocket
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• i'm not actually suggesting a ban on anything, i think that to eliminate team matchup, we'd have to ban far too much at this point. banning rain / sun at the beginning of gen 5 might have altered this, but understandably a lot of people wanted to keep the playstyles in ou (myself included).
    i can't really propose a ban on anything at this point and i believe that what we have right now is the best gen 5 can get, but i think that in the future with gen 6, we can definitely take steps to make a more competitive metagame.
    there are far too many factors that make team matchup an issue to get rid of it now, such as the relative lack of spinners that can do much vs stall (other than trick ring target starmie and subtoxic tentacruel, one of which is a gimmick and the other only works on rain), the presence of trappers that can make you play conservatively with ttar/hippo/toed/tales/tran/skarm, etc. none of these are, in my mind, broken.
    however, you could likely make the game more skill-based through bans, and i think that's what a lot of people are trying to argue. i have to wonder about chou's point though: at what point are we still playing pokemon? there's a lot to think about in that thread and my stance is still undecided, this was all just food for thought :]
    Hi, I know there is a "Reflecting on BW and Looking Ahead to Gen VI" , but that has not been updated since July, and I was wondering if I could request to make a thread to discuss the newly revealed Mega Pokemon. I know not much has been revealed yet, but it would be a speculation sort of thread like the other thread, and I would update it, as more info will probably to be released soon. Thanks.
    yo, just wanted to note that I don't necessarily want to ban sun (and that I believe it's far too late to ban weather, but that's a different argument), I was just stating that matchup is an element of the game that can be controlled by us, and the ban dug/goth rather than sun note also supports that
    Don't worry, it's nice to hear from you!
    It sounds good, days and time (perhaps better Friday than Thursday, but at my 21.00 is perfect) it's ok. See you soon.
    The Quasar
    The Quasar
    Pocket,
    at this moment I can't be confident to be able to play today. I can confirm you that Friday (tomorrow) at (my) 21.00 there's not problem for me. See you tomorrow.
    The Quasar
    The Quasar
    I'm on #rarelyused. And congrats!
    just in case if you didn't get my last vm for some reason, when do you wanna battle for uu open? i'm gmt+8 and i'm available during mornings and evenings and probably during the day too
    Hi Pocket, we have to play for RU Open. I'm GMT +2 (considering Daylight Saving Time), let me know when you can play.
    The Quasar
    The Quasar
    Pocket, tell me when you can play next week. See you soon!
    Pocket I have pretty much your entire thread in the OP of the NP thread, which I copied from the general thread...
    Pocket
    Pocket
    it kinda looks ugly, though :o
    Pocket
    Pocket
    also what happened to NixHex's Table of Contents?
    Arcticblast
    Arcticblast
    Because for some reason Copy/Paste fucked up, I'll fix it when I'm not on my phone
    hi, i separated the leaderboard into a separate thread and stickied it. please update it when you are free :>
    Reactions: Pocket
    Pocket
    Pocket
    i was gonna do that - thanks for being proactive!
    you should probably change the thread "Doubles" to something like "General metagame discussion" or something, since, you know, Forums > Pokemon > Doubles > Doubles :p

not sure what you want, just a suggestion
    Joim
    Joim
    I already did that xD
    when do you wanna battle for uu open? i'm gmt+8 and i'm available during mornings and evenings
    Pocket, we're paired together for minitour. I'm free tomorrow night and the next after around 6 est. As a warning though my internet is kind of shoddy because I'm at the beach.
    well I'm only free that early on weekends haha. a normal day for me is from like 4AM - 9AM (your time). or we can battle now lmao
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…