Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• milotic doesn't need any special defense to use mirror coat effectively. Just keep it away from Specs Jolteon and Life Orb Sceptile. And of course LO is still viable without Salamence
    Also, I'm considering using Mirror Coat Milotic for shits and giggles--would the best spread for that be Calm 252 HP/200 Defense/56 Special Defense or just max hp, max special defense?
    Dude, Salamence got banned to Ubers. I read your signature, and I'm curious as to what's your next step. Gonna rage-quit Pokemon now, or stick around and see how this turns out?
    Wait... should the extra point from the leftover four evs go in defense or Special attack?
    I'm going to ev my modest Milotic and have some fun.

I guess even if Milotic doesn't get the mention, it's still a great pokemon.
    Okay here it is copied in Shoddy for your reference:

Milotic (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 112 HP/60 Def/196 Spd/140 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump / Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Recover
    ---
    The balancing act really is to make use of Milotic's base stat distribution. You want Modest to give you more stat points. Speed 247 is good for outspeeding Celebi / Zapdos / Rotom so you can threaten them. 297 Makes Surf / Hydro Pump hurt like a brick when backed by a life orb. And I went with only 32 HP and 140 Def because OU is extremely physically based. You will counter Gyarados very well with that spread, as Gyarados will need a Life Orb AND Bounce (combination never seen due to Sandstorm) to OHKO after SR at +1. Leftovers / Bounce misses the KO and Life Orb / Stone Edge / Earthquake also misses the KO. I thought lessening the HP originally would help but its up to you. The spread with the higher HP has a very very low chance of being KOed by Life Orb Heatran's Fire Blast + Hidden Power Grass, while still standing up to the Gyarados moves I stated above. Yeah, I'm talking myself into the second spread, lol.
    Well your edit is probably going to get rejected for the simple fact that its identical to what is already on-site for UU. But you can probably convince them to add a line or two about OU usage, since Milotic is extremely viable.

For Life Orb in OU i've tinkered with it a bunch. I came up with these as the best for OU.

Modest, 32 HP / 144 Def / 136 SpA / 196 Spe
    Modest, 112 HP / 64 Def / 136 SpA / 196 Spe

Stats at level 100:
    339 HP / X Atk / 229 Def / 297 SpA / 286 SpDef / 247 Spe
    359 HP / X Atk / 209 Def / 297 SpA / 286 SpDef / 247 Spe
    hey if been admireing your sets and im going to test the hariyama lead and bulky DD dragonite just wondering if you have any reconmandation for team mates so far i have hariyama as lead bulky DD dragonite gliscor and snorlax as walls im thinking a tenticruel for toxic spikes to help the bulk of my team. if couldnt tell im looking for a bulky team
    Okay, thanks for the explanation. Really insightful stuff; think I understand it.

Sorry, I just have a couple more questions.
    1) Do you recommend this spread over the one you provided in your thread?
    2) And should I use a Bulky DD / Jolly Dragonite even though I lose 10 points in Atk?

Thanks so much for the help, it's very appreciated.
    I changed it to 204 Speed so you can outspeed CS Flygon after 2 Dragon Dances if you get them. But the difference in stat points is because when you boost a nature you receive a 10% boost in points, so for every 4 EVs instead of getting 1 point, you actually get 1.1 on the stat you boosted, and 0.9 on the stat you subtracted. But they only show up every 10 stat points, this is called a "bonus" point. So because Dragonite has the highest base Attack, he will receive more bonus points, because his 1.1 points are worth more in that stat. His speed is his lowest, so therefore he gains the least amounts of stat points. For example, 250 points of speed he can get, so he can essentially gain 25 points with a boosting nature. For attack, he can get to 350, but gain 35 with a boosting nature. Get it?
    Thanks, I thought that would be the case. Although I think you have some numbers mixed up. On your topic, your spread was: 224 HP / 88 Atk / 196 Spe, but anyway, that's not a big issue.

Can you explain to me why there's a loss of stats? I feel like losing 10 Atk points is pretty steep for just a different nature.
    Hey, so here is what you want with Dragonite. If using Life Orb, this is the Adamant spread, if Leftovers, use the one below it:

224 HP / 80 Atk / 204 Spe --> Stats = 379 / 356 / 226 / 212 / 236 / 247
    252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spe --> Stats = 386 / 348 / 226 / 212 / 236 / 247

For Jolly, note you are losing stats.. but here is the closest equivalent:

224 HP / 168 Atk / 112 Spe --> 379 / 346 / 226 / 212 / 236 / 247 (Life Orb)
    252 HP / 140 Atk / 112 Spe --> 386 / 339 / 226 / 212 / 236 / 247 (Leftovers)

Good luck!
    Hey there RaikouLover, I came across your awesome Dragonite page a couple days ago and I wondered if you could help me with something. You see, I have a Jolly Dragonite and I really don't want to breed for an Adamant one and I really like your Bulky DD set. I was wondering if it was possible to switch up the EVs a bit to yield the same stats? Particularly between ATK and SPD? Thanks!
    Oh man thats been a while... I believe it was Naughty, Max Special Attack, enough speed to hit 246, rest in attack. The set was Aqua Tail, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt. Though now I think Payback may work better over Ice Beam since it was really just for Celebi when I didn't want to miss.
    hey, do you mind telling me your ev spread for your "mixdos". during your period of inactivity i saw it on your gimmicks page plus the user corndog showed it to me too. since your gimmicks page is no longer on your sig i cant see it. i hvnt tried it out before but i thought the concept behind the idea was cool
    "Also, Just want to say to the community the support characteristic is a horrible excuse for declaring something Uber. I know it was meant for Wobbeffet who deserved it, but now people say "you can't defend Suspect A from taking down this pokemons counter, there for it is uber under support characteristic" which is absolute bullshit. People need to stop throwing this around and realize what the difference between the support characteristic and a lure are..."

I think I just found a nice sig. xD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…