Blkmage0253
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• what my dad does with the camera is walk around a building site all day and snipe shots, of which he would prefer great detail.

i just explained wide angle lenses to him and he says that makes sense (we have an existing DSLR but it's quite large, i reckon my dad's experience with photography is largely self-taught and lacklustre).

the main issue here is that he wants something sufficiently portable to lug around all day and walk around with casually without being a burden. if there are more compact DSLR cameras with a wide angle lens i'm sure they'd fit the bill fine.

i don't think he has to walk up terrain or anything lol...

thanks again for the help man. really opening my eyes to how some of this works
    you are the fucking bomb

i'm literally clueless going into this and i don't think my dad realises it's best to ask a someone who knows cameras rather than his son (even for preliminary research), but, y'know, parents.

i asked about focal range and he just said he wants 'extreme' detail, he does some pseudo-architectural work so that's probably why i'm guessing (encompassing shots of skyscrapers and the like).

in terms of budget we're fairly well off so between 300-1200 USD he said was fine ;o.

as i said earlier... i really dunno what to look for, even in terms of specifications so any other models you could guide me to would be suuuper appreciated. i already love you for pointing me in the direction of sony & olympus because when i asked my dad about sony he didn't think they were worth considering haha.
    hey, my dad is looking for a new camera. i figure you know a substantial amount about them?

any help you give me is much appreciated :)

specifications he said:

canon
    nikon
    samsung

mirrorless

durable

interchangeable lens

feel free to recommend outside those brands if you know something though.

thanks and preemptive thanks again!
    That's on my list for next year! I need to get my wooden coaster count up past the 20's. It's amazing how few there are in the east coast.
    Didn't want to post in your thread as I didn't have anything to add really. Just wanted to say that those are some great photographs. Hong Kong looks like such an amazing place. Hope you enjoy it.
    Hey, do you by any chance have a copy of this Hex Flawless ditto? Is it japanese? I really need one to make my life easier; sorry if this sounds pusy.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…