Official OU Round 2 Suspect Voting: Aldaron's Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody, thanks for participating in another round of 5th generation suspect testing! The nominations and special permissions applications are all in, and here's the list of qualified voters:
Aeroblacktyl
Aerrow
Ala
Arc Tech
Bad Ass
badabing
Bloo
Chicken_Vagitas
Ciele
coyotte508
Crazy88
DarkLucario
dbolt
Delta 2777
Elevator Music
Eo Ut Mortus
Fireburn
Giga Punch
Grimm70
hanke
Heist
Iconic
idiotfrommars
JabbaTheGriffin
JLei2k
JohnR011
Jonathan
Krack
Lamppost
Limitless
LizardMan
locopoke
M Dragon
Maaf
makiri
Morty
NailsOU
Oristeros
pi face
Pokemonniac
PttP
Rag
Rhys DeAnno
Snunch
TEzeon
ToF
uragg
wilson46
Yondie
Zeph
zfs

The first thing we will be voting on this round (and the purpose of this thread) is Aldaron's proposal. If you are unfamiliar with what I'm referring to, please read the OP of the thread I just linked (I will not summarize it, as you should be familiar with the entire thing before casting a vote). After this is voted on, we will move on to an ability vote, then a Pokemon vote. If this proposal passes, we will forgo the ability vote, as the only successfully nominated ability this round was Drizzle. Please post with one of the following options:

Support Aldaron's Proposal
Do Not Support Aldaron's Proposal
Abstain
If you wish to give an explanation for your vote, you are welcome to, but make sure to bold your actual vote! This poll will close at 11:59 PM on Friday, January 28th, or whenever a result is reached

Just a reminder to Policy Review moderators and super moderators: delete your posts after you make them!

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Abstain, however, should my abstain be counted towards "no," I would like to make this vote a support for Aldaron's proposal.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Abstain, however, should my abstain be counted towards "no," I would like to make this vote a support for Aldaron's proposal.

I am beginning to warm up to Aldaron's proposal, but I would really like to see rain tested first without Manaphy before we take drastic measures in weakening it or banning it completely. After spending a lot of time on the PO server where the only tier difference is no Manaphy, I can say with relative conviction that rain is much less broken there. If it comes down to it though I would rather see Aldaron's proposal go through than a ban on drizzle, but I think we should consider playing in a Manaphy free meta-game before we approve the proposal.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Do not support Aldaron's proposal

I feel complex bans are unnecessary when a drizzle ban provides largely the same outcome, without opening up a can of worms that can't be closed. Precedent is a dangerous thing.

I still believe that Doryuuzu and Randorusu will be broken and banned without Drizzle + Swift Swim, and I honestly feel that Drizzle has a good chance of being banned even without Swift Swim but I guess "it doesn't hurt to try".

Rhys DeAnno

Slacking Off

Though I don't really like the idea of the metagame being in this convoluted state long term, this is similar enough to the first stage of Pocket's proposal that we can attempt to continue it next round should Drizzle prove unbroken. Since the alternative by the numbers is clearly going to be a ban of Drizzle entirely, I have to support this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)