1v1 1v1 Classic III: Information and Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Decision: Dom ghosting/speculating in ORAS Classic Round 1

Yesterday, during the match between AllFourtyOne and Poison Adhesive, dom publicly speculated about the sets of Poison Adhesive's team and the correct plays to make in order to beat the teams (Shown https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-984240413 here and https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-984243542 here).

Dom is one of 1v1's widely known community members in the 1v1 tour scene, and thus knew exactly what he was doing when he publicly speculated, and continued to do so after Poison Adhesive requested for him to stop. Not only that, but because of the higher position he has played in contributing to 1v1, he is expected to take the rules of the tournament scene seriously. There is no room to claim ignorance of the rules, and thus no reason to hold back any kind of punishment. The combination of this, and the fact that he did this two rounds in a row, will result in dom being tourbanned from scheduled 1v1 tours for the next 5 months, effective immediately. This will continue after dom has been unbanned from Smogon.

Everyone, pls be considerate with the choices you make and what you say during a tour battle. We are all just here to have fun, and by publicly siding with one particular party you are simply undermining the spirit of the competition; you basically deny both players the ability to win on their own accord.

If Dom's behavior persists, despite this development, further action will be taken, on Smogon and on PS!.

Edit: changed the ban from 8 to 7 months, reminded that he will be unbanned in 1 month, not 2

Edit 2: changed from 7 to 5 after an appeal/looking over precedents

Last edited:
Decision: Dom ghosting/speculating in ORAS Classic Round 1

Yesterday, during the match between AllFourtyOne and Poison Adhesive, dom publicly speculated about the sets of Poison Adhesive's team and the correct plays to make in order to beat the teams (Shown https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-984240413 here and https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-984243542 here).

Dom is one of 1v1's widely known community members in the 1v1 tour scene, and thus knew exactly what he was doing when he publicly speculated, and continued to do so after Poison Adhesive requested for him to stop. Not only that, but because of the higher position he has played in contributing to 1v1, he is expected to take the rules of the tournament scene seriously. There is no room to claim ignorance of the rules, and thus no reason to hold back any kind of punishment. The combination of this, and the fact that he did this two rounds in a row, will result in dom being tourbanned from scheduled 1v1 tours for the next 7 months, effective immediately. This will continue after dom has been unbanned from Smogon.

Everyone, pls be considerate with the choices you make and what you say during a tour battle. We are all just here to have fun, and by publicly siding with one particular party you are simply undermining the spirit of the competition; you basically deny both players the ability to win on their own accord.

If Dom's behavior persists, despite this development, further action will be taken, on Smogon and on PS!.

Edit: changed the ban from 8 to 7 months, reminded that he will be unbanned in 1 month, not 2
cover2 (1).jpg

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Decision: Flxare

Tournament participant Flxare was a DezShizzels alt.
JCCwg0c.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 2.50.58 PM.png

unknown-3.png
unknown-4.png

Pretty cut and dry. After talking to Quite Quiet, Flxare is banned from the tournament (as well as Smogon) and DezShizzels tournament ban, having been previously tourbanned for 5 months on August 1st of this year, and after will have his ban extended by an additional 6 months, for alting and cheating, bringing his current total tourban up to 9 months.

Joker 1v1 will be taking his place since he signed up the earliest of all the current subs/first on the sub list

Last edited:
Can we please do something about this atrocious 5/8ths rule? It's good for massive tours (not particularly relevant there either, OST and other tours often give byes r1) but awful for these types of tours. For ORAS Cup, 51/78 people (65% of EVERYONE that signed up) actually posted on the first DAY, and 68/78 people (87%) signed up in the first 2 days. And yet, only 82% of people make R1 when people who signed up a week after signups have the same chance of getting put into r1 as someone who signed up in the first day.

ORAS was handled poorly and I hope BW doesn't follow its footsteps. Please make it 7/8s or make it completely first come first serve. BW will probably also hit the awkward 70 ish number, and it is already at 56 while being up for 2 days. Please don't punish the people that sign up first.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
Concerning the Nexus Server, or any other side server for Gens 3 and 4 1v1:

To reiterate, please refrain from using any other battle server outside of ROM for Gens 3 and 4 1v1, for the time being. I understand that ROM has been reported to be laggy and have issues with saving replays. However, the primary reason for relying on ROM is due to the reliability of its continued existence; i.e. the replays we save for the tournaments will be kept up, and the metagames will be updated whenever unbans/bans are put forth. We won't have to worry about suddenly not being able to prove that we did our tour set, or worry that anyone will have to deal with a cheating opponent. Presently, we are working to allow people to use the relatively reliable Nexus, after Nexus has updated the Gen 3 1v1 and Gen 4 1v1 rulesets. Presently, it does not even enforce Species Clause in either tier. ROM's formatting for Gens 3 & 4 are up to date, and as soon as Nexus's are as well, you will be allowed to use that server.

Two players have already accidentally used Nexus in their posted tournament set. Since no rules with Gen 4 1v1 were broken, I will let this slide, but any future games done in Nexus, until Nexus is updated, will not count.

I will post a follow up in all threads who need to use ROM, as well as this one, as soon as I know Nexus has been updated, after which point you will be free to use either ROM or Nexus.

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
Concerning the Nexus Server, or any other side server for Gens 3 and 4 1v1:

To reiterate, please refrain from using any other battle server outside of ROM for Gens 3 and 4 1v1, for the time being. I understand that ROM has been reported to be laggy and have issues with saving replays. However, the primary reason for relying on ROM is due to the reliability of its continued existence; i.e. the replays we save for the tournaments will be kept up, and the metagames will be updated whenever unbans/bans are put forth. We won't have to worry about suddenly not being able to prove that we did our tour set, or worry that anyone will have to deal with a cheating opponent. Presently, we are working to allow people to use the relatively reliable Nexus, after Nexus has updated the Gen 3 1v1 and Gen 4 1v1 rulesets. Presently, it does not even enforce Species Clause in either tier. ROM's formatting for Gens 3 & 4 are up to date, and as soon as Nexus's are as well, you will be allowed to use that server.

Two players have already accidentally used Nexus in their posted tournament set. Since no rules with Gen 4 1v1 were broken, I will let this slide, but any future games done in Nexus, until Nexus is updated, will not count.

I will post a follow up in all threads who need to use ROM, as well as this one, as soon as I know Nexus has been updated, after which point you will be free to use either ROM or Nexus.
if mans is using 3 ttars then it's gonna be what we call "visible" I don't want to deal with rom that takes 20 clicks to upload 1 replay

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
Gen 4 1v1 will be unbanning Sand Veil, as this was overlooked previously, and shouldn't have been banned in the first place. Following with precedent, DPP Cup will be able to use Sand Veil next round (Round 2).

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
Concerning: Servers for Gens 3 and 4

After reviewing all the side servers that had come to my attention as additionally acceptable servers alongside ROM for Gen 3 and Gen 4 1v1, the side server http://spectral.psim.us appears to be the first best choice. Servers like Nexus not only still has banlist issues, which do not show up in Spectral, but also apparently has replay issues, similar to ROM, which kind of defeats the purpose. Additionally, Spectral has the Sand Veil unban for Gen 4 1v1 already in place, as their Gen 4 1v1 is based off of Gen 4 Ubers with bans instead of Gen 4 OU with unbans (Gen 7 works using the former method). The aesthetic is colorful, but there are no lag issues to be found.

Additionally, I have also discussed with Urkerab a couple days ago about some of the lag and replay issues with ROM, and he has assured me that he is tackling the issue. Last I heard, some changes were implemented to help with making sure all replays are reliably saved, and judging by the last few rounds of Gen 4 1v1, this is seemingly the case, although while still taking a while time-wise.

Edit 10/21/2019: Azure --> Spectral

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
Side Server addendum and Shock Wave:
As currently shown above, http://spectral.psim.us is the new main server that is okay for usage in Gen 3 and Gen 4 1v1. We have tested the server to make sure the banlists are accurate, the moves work properly, no illegal sets can be brought, and Sand Veil is unbanned for Gen 4.

I have also discussed with Urkerab concerning perfect accuracy moves being able to hit Pokemon in semi-invulnerable states, and he will hotpatch the issue within the hour. The game with Shock Wave hitting a Pokemon in Bounce's semi-invulnerable state will stand, as determined by rulings made by the TDs here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3642760/ Under Simulator Glitches (unless I hear otherwise from a TD)

edit: Spectral is the main server now. Lost my patience with ROM. You can still use ROM if you want.

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
Concerning:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-998191228
dom: lost, hypothetically
dom: is "giga drain here" ghosting
Lost Heros: hypothetically
dom: bc i know its giga
Lost Heros: yes
dom: cus its my team
Freddy Kyogre: yes
LRXC: ......
AltCauseImInsecure: Lol
IMG_1507.PNG

If he actually cared about 'knowing if something was hypothetically ghosting', he would have pmed Lost Heros or any other mod not involved in the game, instead of memeing in chat.

No, the fact that this team is out there doesn't change the fact that he still told someone what to do during the game. These clowns, smh.

However, considering that this piece of advice didn't really make a difference, this issue is more based on principle than actually creating a sizable affect on the game itself. Therefore, dom's tourban will only be extended by the minimum amount, 3 months, bringing his total tourban from 5 to 8 months. I believe that means he will be untourbanned on May 30th, 2020, since the first tour ban was given September 30th.

Also sorry this took a bit to come out, had midterm essays to write.

edit: 2019-2020 whoops xd

Last edited:

SolarflareRo

Banned deucer.
ok liberals agent Solar mother fucking flare comimg thru. So i was asked by the agency to do a post where i DESTROY u with facts just like BEN SHAPIRO does so here i am.

Ok so hosts and mods always say we follow smogon rules for infractions and bans but i dont see anywhere saying u cant tell someone about their the team your opponent is using dom's team is clearly public (the team is here
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/1v1pl-iii-sets-teams-dump.3649770/#post-8132688) and here is what smogon says about ghosting

"Ghosting: Ghosting is defined as giving any piece of advice to someone playing a game. Any form of direct advice is considered ghosting. A player should be able to make their own decisions based on what they observe by themselves. Asking for suggestions or affirmation adds an unfair dynamic and greatly reduces the chances of making mistakes. Our tournaments are designed to be tests of individual skill, not the skill of one player with the support of others providing suggestions or preventing bad plays. Playing a game while in a voice call with someone else will always be treated as ghosting of the highest severity."

anyway i do know i prob didint link u to the right stuff or put the right thing segment about ghosting but i am in a hurry so the agency probably shouldn't have picked me but hope i make the agents proud one day

#FREEDOM #FREESOLAR #FREESPEACHEHEREUAT #FREERYY #FREE GGOPW #FRRETOAD #IDIDURMOM #STOPBEINGCORRUPT #MODSARESTUPID
#JESUS #CHRISTIAN #CUTE #LORD TOAD
#EASTSPRIDE

EDIT:Check the info shit btw cuz i am like 70% sure the ghosting thing isnt what i wanted to put there so yea zzzz

Last edited:

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
ok liberals agent Solar mother fucking flare comimg thru. So i was asked by the agency to do a post where i DESTROY u with facts just like BEN SHAPIRO does so here i am.

Ok so hosts and mods always say we follow smogon rules for infractions and bans but i dont see anywhere saying u cant tell someone about their the team your opponent is using dom's team is clearly public (the team is here
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/1v1pl-iii-sets-teams-dump.3649770/#post-8132688) and here is what smogon says about ghosting

"Ghosting: Ghosting is defined as giving any piece of advice to someone playing a game. Any form of direct advice is considered ghosting. A player should be able to make their own decisions based on what they observe by themselves. Asking for suggestions or affirmation adds an unfair dynamic and greatly reduces the chances of making mistakes. Our tournaments are designed to be tests of individual skill, not the skill of one player with the support of others providing suggestions or preventing bad plays. Playing a game while in a voice call with someone else will always be treated as ghosting of the highest severity."

anyway i do know i prob didint link u to the right stuff or put the right thing segment about ghosting but i am in a hurry so the agency probably shouldn't have picked me but hope i make the agents proud one day

#FREEDOM #FREESOLAR #FREESPEACHEHEREUAT #FREERYY #FREE GGOPW #FRRETOAD #IDIDURMOM #STOPBEINGCORRUPT #MODSARESTUPID
#JESUS #CHRISTIAN #CUTE #LORD TOAD
#EASTSPRIDE
Idk the whole situation, but even if the team is public giving advise on which move to click is still ghosting. According to this thread, linking the player a RMT of the team they are facing is allowed (although it mentions a teammate and this is individual tour, so your argument seems iffy anyway). However, the thread also specified that suggesting moves of any kind is Extremely Not Allowed. What dom did here is still ghosting by suggesting a move regardless of the team being known and should be punished for it.

SolarflareRo

Banned deucer.
Idk the whole situation, but even if the team is public giving advise on which move to click is still ghosting. According to this thread, linking the player a RMT of the team they are facing is allowed (although it mentions a teammate and this is individual tour, so your argument seems iffy anyway). However, the thread also specified that suggesting moves of any kind is Extremely Not Allowed. What dom did here is still ghosting by suggesting a move regardless of the team being known and should be punished for it.
Dom never told any1 to click a move or anything in general it was just simply saying this mon has giga drain and there have been confusions about this topic like during wcup when alive said if he was able to watch some series live he would have told his team mate about the team the opponent is using but idr what we talked about so idk make some custom rules or just like say speculation of any kind or anything set/team related is bad btw people got banned and unbanned for speculation so fix ur rules zzz

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Concerning:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-998191228
dom: lost, hypothetically
dom: is "giga drain here" ghosting
Lost Heros: hypothetically
dom: bc i know its giga
Dom never told any1 to click a move or anything in general it was just simply saying this mon has giga drain and there have been confusions about this topic like during wcup when alive said if he was able to watch some series live he would have told his team mate about the team the opponent is using but idr what we talked about so idk make some custom rules or just like say speculation of any kind or anything set/team related is bad btw people got banned and unbanned for speculation so fix ur rules zzz
He said: "giga drain here" which is for sure saying that someone should click that move, especially that he only later mentions that he knows it is giga. If he only wanted to say that giga drain was a move on this venu, then he would have just said that and not first telling someone to click giga drain on this turn. This seems very clear to me, but if you want me to get a TD involved I'm fine contacting them for you.

ggopw

Banned deucer.
He said: "giga drain here" which is for sure saying that someone should click that move, especially that he only later mentions that he knows it is giga. If he only wanted to say that giga drain was a move on this venu, then he would have just said that and not first telling someone to click giga drain on this turn. This seems very clear to me, but if you want me to get a TD involved I'm fine contacting them for you.
He asked is giga drain here ghosting he didn't say giga drain here i think there's a difference and if not u falsely quoted him anyw.

If you're a spectator watch as if the two users playing have "zero" idea how to play Pokemon. The slightest bit of ghosting can affect the match-up.
This includes saying something like "Tackle Gyarados" or "I like Garchom/Garchomp is cool"
We are all bystanders, which means we are present but do not take part in the event. (Not Coaches)
Also, try not to defend people who continue to break the rules and act like they aren't :)

pazza

Banned deucer.
1v1 ghosting drama :mad:

Either way if Robyn clicked gigs drain it wouldn’t have matter and they would have lost. Stoss ps won every time I’m not saying remove his tournament minimizeze it to 3 months he he canparticipate in the next premier league. Banning someone for this long over such a stupid thing is unreasonable but, hey it is you guys I’m talking about L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)