Project 1v1 Community Create-A-Team - Hiatus

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Eye am forced to post since it's an Itchyy project

:ss/celesteela:

Celesteela @ Occa Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Are you TIRED of DFS?!?!?! Meet the Steel in the DFS that has an advantage over DFS!!! Celesteela is a great mon honestly. EVs to tank typical volcanions and heatran + EQ to damage them more w/ leech seed passive recovery+dmg. EQ also allows it to hit metagross after it gets tricked :100: Heavy slam + HP/def is for Banded Darm-g. It's p good against your average fairy+steel+Dragons core, as it beats most fairy-types (fini can be tricky), most dragons (regidrago kek band fang), chomp, most goodras, and matchup p well against Metagross. Idk if it does enough to rillaboom though kek.

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Eye am forced to post since it's an Itchyy project

:ss/celesteela:

Celesteela @ Occa Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Are you TIRED of DFS?!?!?! Meet the Steel in the DFS that has an advantage over DFS!!! Celesteela is a great mon honestly. EVs to tank typical volcanions and heatran + EQ to damage them more w/ leech seed passive recovery+dmg. EQ also allows it to hit metagross after it gets tricked :100: Heavy slam + HP/def is for Banded Darm-g. It's p good against your average fairy+steel+Dragons core, as it beats most fairy-types (fini can be tricky), most dragons (regidrago kek band fang), chomp, most goodras, and matchup p well against Metagross. Idk if it does enough to rillaboom though kek.
You beat some rillas, but the ones with SD + knock or superpower can just set up and ohko. To beat those, you need flamethrower (wouldn't that still work vs metagross? earthquake doesn't even kill scarf heatran idk what it's doing here).

Speaking of which, why are you running -spe on a mon with no special moves.

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You beat some rillas, but the ones with SD + knock or superpower can just set up and ohko. To beat those, you need flamethrower (wouldn't that still work vs metagross? earthquake doesn't even kill scarf heatran idk what it's doing here).

Speaking of which, why are you running -spe on a mon with no special moves.
OYEA it's cause I change flamethrower/eq depending on team that's why it's -speed just forgot to change it here. EQ weakens eruption + you really don't beat overheat heatran and volcanion without eq since you do 0 w/ FT / Heavy slam and seed can't stall them. It's the combination of seed+tect+eq that beats the fires

Given that it is a tie between Adam3560 and Itchyy, I will cast the deciding vote for adams submission.

Congrats Adam3560 for winning slot 1! The Pokemon we will build around is Assault Vest Darmanitan-Galar.

:ss/darmanitan-galar:
Darmanitan-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 112 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Thrash
- Flare Blitz​

Announcements and Notes:
  • Please use your full Smogon Username in the google form(Sanshokuinsumireko, straightapeshit).
  • Going forwards we will be accepting three votes from every google form as we believe we would get a more accurate and nuanced result.
  • Also from now on, you can only make one submission per week. This decision was made as we want our submissions to be as varied as possible.

Submissions for week 2 will go on until 8/13 11:59 GMT -4. Good luck!​

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shoutout to the four of you who had the good decency to vote for Bulu, whoever you may be.

Anyway, my proposal for a second mon:

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Surging Strikes
- Iron Defense
- Taunt

Urshifu-Rapid has great physical bulk and appreciates an AV mon shoring up its weaker special defense. It enjoys DarmG beating dangerous mons like Togekiss, Choice Scarf Cresselia, Naganadel, Regieleki, and offensive Necrozma, and returns the favor by taking care of the Steel-, Fire-, Rock-, and Fighting-types that would seek to prey upon DarmG's weaknesses and physical frailty, as well as stall pokemon like Registeel and Corsola-Galar that try to wall Darm.

With a Wacan Berry, it covers the Zeraora matchup (Iron Defense into Body Press kills offensive zeras, two Surging Strikes kill if they Taunt). It tanks two Plasma Fists from Band Zeraora by using Iron Defense t1. The rest is put in speed to outrun base 80s without a speed-boosting nature.

This set turned out weirder than I'd like it to be but it does its job and I've spent too much time looking for partners.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 76 Def / 166 SpA / 44 SpD / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off

Landorus pairs very well with this Darmanitan as it can kill the steel and fire types that Darmanitan struggles against, as well as other pokemon. This specific set can beat Celesteela and Heatran with Focust Blast, All Magnezones with Knock Off + Earth Power, and all compendium Scizors with Knock off + Earth Power. AV Metagross is also unable to kill with Rock Tomb + Meteor Mash. The 76 defense EVs ensure Landorus will live Fake Out + Grassy Glide from Rillaboom. Landorus can also beat all Zeraoras and has good chances versus Regieleki and Venusaur. The Speed EVs allow Landorus to outspeed Venusaur, Band Darmanitan, and Adamant Urshifu (beats AV most of the time, Life Orb, Band, and Scarf without Ice Punch).

166+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Volcanion: 463-546 (127.1 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Landorus: 61-73 (19.1 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Landorus in Grassy Terrain: 208-246 (65.2 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EDIT: Changed Smackdown to Focus Blast and Soft Sand to Life Orb, while fixing my evs to outspeed Urshifu. Thanks to tenzhii for the advice!

Last edited:
This set turned out weirder than I'd like it to be but it does its job and I've spent too much time looking for partners.

Landorus (M) @ Soft Sand
EVs: 76 Def / 176 SpA / 44 SpD / 212 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Smack Down
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off

Landorus pairs very well with this Darmanitan as it can kill the steel and fire types that Darmanitan struggles against, as well as other pokemon. This specific set can beat Celesteela and Heatran with Smackdown + Earth Power, All Magnezones with Knock Off + Earth Power, and all compendium Scizors with Knock off + Earth Power. AV Metagross is also unable to kill with Rock Tomb + Meteor Mash. The 44 Sp.D evs ensure Landorus lives max sp.a Overheat from Heatran while the 76 defense EVs ensure Landorus will live Fake Out + Grassy Glide from Rillaboom. Landorus can also beat all Zeraoras and has good chances versus Regieleki and Venusaur. The Speed EVs allow Landorus to outspeed Venusaur and Band Darmanitan.

252 SpA Heatran Overheat vs. 0 HP / 44- SpD Landorus: 270-318 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

176+ SpA Soft Sand Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Volcanion: 428-506 (117.5 - 139%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Landorus: 61-73 (19.1 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Landorus in Grassy Terrain: 208-246 (65.2 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Regieleki Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 44- SpD Landorus: 284-335 (89 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Getting rid of life orb damage ensures this set wont lose to Heatran and makes calcs across the board more favorable. For the pokemon I wanted it to beat, this set had enough power so Life Orb became a liability more than anything.
yknow you could just replace smack down with focus blast and use life orb while retaining tran rilla and cele (bar sitrus) mus and improving metagross/venu

the set also overcompensates for band darm speed
it underspeeds jolly band darm (not a set anyway dont worry) but outspeeds ada by 4 evs when 208 would be satisfactory and allow you to place those 4 evs wherever your dump stat is

i also just dont think scizor is... a relevant benchmark

yknow you could just replace smack down with focus blast and use life orb while retaining tran rilla and cele (bar sitrus) mus and improving metagross/venu

it underspeeds jolly band darm (not a set anyway dont worry) but outspeeds ada by 4 evs when 208 would be satisfactory and allow you to place those 4 evs wherever your dump stat is

oh yea and metagross can run ice punch if a team needs it so i dont really think trying to beat that is too good of an idea anyway

Thanks for the feedback, not sure why I didnt think of Focus Blast lmao, it also helps versus urshifu and ttar and prob some others so ill definitely change that.

Why are y'all excited to put focus miss on a mon.
i made a lando-i set the other day, and i just changed it slightly for what we want.

Code:
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb 
EVs: 60 HP / 36 Def / 24 SpA / 180 SpD / 208 Spe 
Modest Nature 
- Smack Down 
- Earth Power 
- Sludge Wave 
- Substitute
lives 2 flash cannons from custap zone, live hyper beam from specs, subs up on any venusaur and (takes a bit of setguessing) reliably beats all rillaboom including sub-seed with sub again (with no sub u lose to sub seed rilla unless you are 252 modest life orb or specs).
Also lives modest scarf tran eruption which the previous set was a roll on.

Necrowma @ Sitrus Berry
Ability : Prism Armor
Evs: 252 HP / 164 Spa / 92 Spd
Bold nature
Stored power
Iron Defense
Calm mind
Moonlight

basically iron defense unit it full and then use 1 or 2 calm minds and then stored power the mon and moonlight to heal form damage that it too
stored power with 4x id and 1- 2 calm mind kill basically kills urshifu-rapid strike,galar zapdos, blaziken, sawk maybe

Moat (Swampert) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Atk / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

it will counter every attack and it can resist many powerful
download.jpg
attacks

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 240 HP / 48 SpD Assault Vest Swampert in Psychic Terrain: 198-234 (49.3 - 58.3%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO

52 SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Prismatic Laser vs. 240 HP / 48 SpD Assault Vest Swampert: 265-313 (66 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 240 HP / 216+ Def Swampert on a critical hit: 228-270 (56.8 - 67.3%) -- approx. 2HKO

Last edited:
I've found a cheat tactic to immeadeately win the Week 2 Slot Vote. Seriously other people are making good suggestions, but how can you vote for them when you can just (*epic music turns on*)
CLICK CHOMPER HERE!
sry to all others for ruining your chances but gotta click chomper here :garchomp:

Ich bin mies Hai (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake

:Darmanitan-Galar: hates: Fire Types, Rock Types, Steel Types, Fighting Types.
:Garchomp: loves: Fire Types, Rock Types, Steel Types (and fighting types not so much but who cares)
= Solid Type Synergy.
Scale Shot into Outrage / EQ to Kill Ursh with LO. We live Scarf Wicked Blow and 20 HP denies neutral Band Wicked Blow KOing us, tho scale shot turn 1 is a misplay there and we have to go for Outrage.
(we lose to ice punch tho, 60% chance to ohko us on scarf)

Swords Dance is against ID Tbolt Koko / Pressure Stallers, so we got a couple more options. Other moves are possible in the slot too i guess.
Overall i think that Chomp makes a solid partner to DarmG

16 SpD prevents Tapu Fini's draining kiss from 2HKOing
220 speed is 323 speed, which is just above Urshifu.

This is your chance to say fuck it and just click Chomper here.

(I hope everyone got that the first 4 lines of the post are a joke)

#FREEXSC
the gang::Tapu Lele: :Garchomp:

Edit: This is completely off topic, but dont use Togekiss

Given that it is a tie between Adam3560 and Itchyy, I will cast the deciding vote for adams submission.

Due to the backlash of this decision and the restrictiveness of Assault Vest Darmanitan-Galar, we are redoing week 2 with Itchyy as the week 1 winner:

Congrats Itchyy for winning slot 1! The Pokemon we will build around is Choice Band Dragapult.

:ss/dragapult:
Band (Dragapult) @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature TBD
- Outrage
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Fire Blast​

Announcements and Notes:
  • Going forwards we will be accepting three votes from every google form as we believe we would get a more accurate and nuanced result.
  • Also from now on, you can only make one submission per week. This decision was made as we want our submissions to be as varied as possible.

Submissions for week 2 will go on until 8/20 11:59 GMT -4. Good luck!​

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
Kee Mfire Volcarona

:ss/volcarona:

(Volcarona) @ Kee Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 56 SpA / 44 SpD / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Mystical Fire
- Roost

(Credits to DEG for the set)

This volcarona reliably deals with a large number of problematic pokemon that threaten Band Dragapult, like darmanitan-galar, magnezone, kyurem, zeraora, sylveon, kyurem, pheromosa, haban zygarde, zarude, and necrozma. Its recovery+setup let it stallbreak quite well (mystical fire 3hkos registeel after you both set up to +6).

A Kee Berry helps it against some physical mons like Haban Zygarde (preventing it from simply winning with outrage spam), while Mystical Fire + Quiver Dance gives it amazing special bulk. Swarm gives it the immediate power it needs to OHKO mons like zeraora, while Roost lets it fight longer battles quite well too. Overall, it's a versatile pokemon that deserves more usage in the current meta.

Some threats that would remain would be scarf togekiss, some primarina and tapu fini sets, haban regidrago, urshifu, and aggron, which are easily covered by the right pokemon.

Last edited:

doc1203

Banned deucer.
:ss/rhyperior: :assault vest:

Rhyperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 212 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Wrecker
- Rock Blast
- Metal Burst

INTRODUCTION
Assault Vest Rhyperior deals with Pokemon that can win against Choice Band Dragapult such as Zeraora, Kyurem, Darmanitan-Galar, Togekiss and Aggron among others.

EVS
- Always a win against :darmanitan-galar: as Band Icicle Crash doesnt kill.

- Tanks Specs :naganadel: Draco Meteor.

- Also always wins against :zeraora: as Band Close Combat is a 2hko and it dies to EQ anyways (Bulky LO sets can Bulk up but you should 2hko back).

- Specs :kyurem: Ice Beam is a 2hko while the other sets run Glaciate/Freeze Dry which is a 3hko.

- 50/50's with Scarf :Heatran: Steel Beam and Flash Cannon from other sets is a roll to 2hko. (You can metal burst on the balloon sets)

MOVES
- Earthquake for STAB hits a large spectrum of Pokemon super effectively such as :zeraora: :Aggron: :tyranitar: :arcanine: :naganadel: etc

- Rock Wrecker for STAB and heavy neutral damage. Hits types like ice, fire and flying supereffectively. E.g. :Kyurem: :togekiss: :darmanitan-galar: :pheromosa: . These specific Pokemon can be problematic for Band Dragapult and Rhyperior covers that for the team.

- Rock blast as a secondary STAB option that does not require recharge and beats Substitute/Sturdy users such as :Zapdos::Volcarona: and :crustle:.

- Metal Burst is helpful here as Rhyperior already has low speed so it can be used effectively to reflect the damage back to the attacker. Also helpful in cases where you cannot deal enough damage to the opposing pokemon to win. An example of this is with :heatran: although this can help vs non max :necrozma: as well. (you roll vs prismatic laser).

CONCLUSION
Use the funny rhino please i swear its good. Tagging adam3560 to help convince the masses.

hi nerds, today im here with a mon that kind of pairs up decently with band pult (even tho adam's set was way better)

:ss/metagross:

chillin (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 192 HP / 140 Atk / 136 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

yea it's gonna be a dfs core, what did u expect

EVs and Moves: tanks modest overheat from heatran, outspeeds and OHKOs timid after rock tomb, tanks high horsepower from band glastrier. meteor mash is for stab damage, bullet punch is for custap users or shit that's faster than it but are in enough low hp to die to bullet punch

why it works well with dragster pult: what does band dragapult not beat? fairies, sturdies, ice types, dark types and ghost types. well metagross beats all of them (almost)!!! well dark and ghost types m/u is rough but it's a dfs core so hopefully we can get a fairy that beats both of those types, zygarde m/u is also relatively rough but again, dfs core

that's all i have to say bout this mon, it genuinely works really good with dragapult

also credit to whoever made this AV metagross

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)