Metagame 1v1 OMs

Cantius

I COULD BE BANNED!
And I fee like Corviknight is a High prio both for Flying and Steel TC. Bulk Up+Roost+Brave Bird for Flying TC, and Iron Defense+Roost+BodyPress for Steel TC hits like high hell, and is nearly a staple for both....
The reason I rated Corviknight as mid is it's pummeled by lots of Pokemon with super effective attacks like Celesteela, Thundurus-T, and Mega Charizard Y. Also it faces competition from Skarmory as Skarmory has a Rockium Z set. Corviknight also has bad matchups against special Steel-types such as Heatran, Aegislash, Magnezone, Celesteela, Genesect, and even Magearna. Losing to most special attackers is what compromises Corviknight's top-tier status in my opinion. But we'll have to experiment to see how important poor matchups versus special attackers are.

(Assuming that the TC council is being honest and they just haven't implemented NatDex yet)

UU 1v1 Update:
With January 2020 Stats now available there are some interesting changes to be seen:
New Pokemon include Grimmsnarl, Whimsicott, Conkeldurr, Weezing-Galar and Gastrodon.
The Pokemon leaving us will be Rhyperior, Snorlax, Tyranitar, Mandibuzz and Milotic.
The VR should be getting updated soon with these changes.

I have also updated the VR to have the SwSh menu sprites over the old mini sprites.

STABMons 1v1

After a few recent tours in the 1v1 room, I have a few concerns I have with a few Pokemon and moves.

Things in red are already banned in normal STABMons, so I'm not sure why I saw them in the tours.

BROKEN

Silvally/Type-Null

Because of how STABMons works, Silvally has access to every move in the game, since it has a forme of every type. This makes Silvally nearly impossible to predict on team preview, in terms of type and strategy. While its most popular set is Imprison/Transform, it can run almost any other offensive or defensive set.

It's typing is especially important, too: It can be a Steel-type to resist Obstagoon's Extreme Speed or Sylveon's Boomburst, or a Dark-type to counter Whimsicott. While being able to hold an item seems important for an Imprison/Transform user, the held memory can also make it immune to Trick, some hyper-offensive teams' way of dealing with stall.

Type-Null can only learn the Normal moves, but it still gets access to Imprison/Transform and can have extra bulk with Eviolite. I wouldn't say it's as broken as Silvally, though.

Whimsicott/Spore

The infamous stall-mon now can further cripple mons with the 100% accurate sleep move Spore. In normal 1v1, Whimsicott has to be able to live the opposing Pokemon's first move, but, as long as the opposing Pokemon is not immune to Spore or Prankster, it no longer needs to.

GOOD, BUT NOT BROKEN

Bolt Beak/Fishious Rend

Once held back by their unimpressive users (50 base speed for a move that needs the user to be faster?), these moves can now wreak havoc with better users, namely Zeraora and Barraskewda.

Extreme Speed

The most notable user being Obstagoon, who can pair it with Guts/Flame Orb, Obstruct, Fake Out, and Sucker Punch. Sylveon can use it in lieu of Quick Attack, and Snorlax can Belly Drum to boost its power.

Jirachi
More specifically its access to Double Iron Bash, doubling its chance for a flinch.

Sorry if these things are already banned, I'm only noting my observations from a few tours.

Alakazam

Why'd you leave the keys upon the table
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
For all those not in the know: a new poll has been created to decide the next OM for the next OM startup! Pick your top 3, the one with the most votes will be selected. Voting ends in a week.

New discovery: You can challenge someone with mods!

Something like this should work:
Code:
/challenge [User], gen81v1@@@Inverse Mod
Sadly, It doesn't support multiple rules, but, those can be enforced with replay sharing (assuming you're doing it in a tour)

As always, thanks for reading and have a nice day

As a fellow dynamaxing enthusiast, I thought I might submit some sample teams I found to be really good.

Lapras-Gmax @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Sparkling Aria
- Thunder
- Psychic

Excadrill @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Kommo-o @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Outrage

Although the spreads may look simple on this spread this team beats almost the entire metagame. Lapras and excadrill are well established mons that beat almost everything under the sun. Kommo-o is there for opposing excadrills as well as other matchups like opposing dragons and such. Kommo-o has flamethrower to try to prevent weather set up and the aerial ace speed boost puts it at a nice 309 speed outspeeding many threats such as the draco twins. All in all this team stomps on nearly everything it encounters and I always have success in tours with it. Triple weakness policy is there to catch people using super effective moves and take care of them as it is such a good item in the dynamax metagame. Overall this is team is very easy to pick up and play immediately.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 88 SpA / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fake Tears
- Substitute
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Wrecker
- Heat Crash
- Ice Punch

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

This is a team created by user Maxy1991991 that found a lot of success on the ladder. All 3 of these mons have great bulk and account for the known threats like excadrill and lapras. With the addition of fake tears sylveon this team also has success cracking through people who try to stall your dmax turns and then kill you. Rhyperior is a beast of a mon with solid rock synergizing with weakness policy really well, and dracozolt takes care of bulky mons like lapras while having aerial ace for that nice speed boost on what is normally a slow pokemon. Overall this team was a monster to play against on ladder and is scary good although a bit harder to use.

Alakazam

Why'd you leave the keys upon the table
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.28.29 AM.png

The poll for the next startup has ended, with this being the results!

As such, the next startup tournament will be a NatDex 1v1 Tournament!

...and a UU 1v1 tournament! That's right, there are going to be two startup OM 1v1 tournaments running concurrently with each other!

Hosts for both NatDex 1v1 and UU 1v1 will be decided by Sunday, April 5th. Signups for both tours will start Sunday, April 12th. See you there!

pqs

u rly thought
Real 1v1

Welcome to the real and original 1v1 metagame, not the 3v3 you're probably used to!
1v1 used to be 1v1 on Pokémon Showdown until it was changed to 3v3 on 2014.07.01, now it's back!
This metagame is best played on a ladder.

For background to this metagame it's best to just read this discussion: starting post.

Rules:
Mechanic:
1 pokemon out to battle. No team preview.
Clauses: Evasion Moves Clause, Accuracy Moves Clause, Dynamax Clause
Bans: 1v1 (3v3 team preview) banlist as it was 2020.04.01.
Unbans: None

Strategy:
For 1v1 in general, the most important thing to keep in mind is a basic idea; "if there's no switching what would be good?". Strategies that are ruined by switching, such as Leech Seed and dropping the opposing poke's stats. Strategies that are ruined by phazing, such as setup.

For the no team preview part, the strategy is to see 1v1 as a test. The most important thing to keep in mind is a basic idea; "which pokes would be good against the currently used pokes on the ladder?". Play on the ladder for a bit with a versatile poke, and after a while you will see which pokes are used.

Q&A:
Q
: Real 1v1? What does "real" imply?
A: It implies that it's not the 3v3 team preview 1v1, but actual straight up 1v1 with no team preview.

Resources:
Playability
: This format currently playable on rom.psim.us, only gen 7 though.

Council:
Rumplestiltskin
Baleblaze
Pokesartoolcay

Chat: 1v1 on PS!, Discord: Join the Discord server for chat, news, recent happenings, and for the possibility to get a role that gets pinged whenever the ladder is active or a ladder session is being coordinated.

Ban History:
Are there sample teams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)