Project 1v1 Secret Santa

Hey Joker 1v1 :blobwizard: , I was your secret santa this year! I hope my team lives up to any standards you might of had and acts as a thank you for being my secret santa last year :3.

:Ditto: :Zapdos: :Avalugg:
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 116 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Avalugg @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Mirror Coat
- Icicle Spear

Building process: Starting with the ditto you requested, I put Scarf on because that’s all i’m familiar with. The ev’s might be able to be optimized; I have a timid nature because that looked like it affected the least amount of matchups. The hardest part of the building process here was probably finding the most suited mon for a second. I tried a few mons before using a previous Agility Zapdos set I had used for reqs. This mon is very underrated and is a super good anti meta mon. The Ev’s outspeed a modest Regieleki after Agility, while also tanking Modest Choice Specs Thunder. Rest in Def. After Zapdos was secured as a teammate, in typical Gym sock fashion, I made a list- https://pokepast.es/a10352cd47547dfb (S-C). I found Avalugg to be a suitable third. It needed Id + Body press for a few matchups so I blocked the idea of a standard band set. At this point the main problem was Sylveon. Without Band you can’t get an okho with Heavy Slam. I decided to put Mirror Coat on to have a good matchup vs most Sylveon. From there I just added a good stab move. Alternatively, you can switch out something for Heavy slam in order for the Diancie and the better Sylveon matchup. The ev’s are pretty rough but finding good ones are hard for sturdy mons, especially custap sturdy mons. Max Def to max Body Press damage. Avalugg also beats Urshifu which is p neat. Happy Holidays Joker!

Last edited:
THIS MACHINE this is the vaporeon team you asked for
:vaporeon: :Rillaboom: :rotom-heat:

the process of making this team was pretty simple. vaporeon functions as a substitute for the more common sylveon, with the added benefit of taking on fire types. mystic water-boosted surf is surprisingly strong, and ice beam is good coverage for dragon types like garchomp and naganadel. vaporeon also covers all relevant victini sets but light screen. the hp and defense allow vaporeon to tank 2 wicked blows from AV shifu and 3hko (meaning you only need 2 turns of sleep), which is important because urshifu's ability lets it break through protect. band urshifu will 2hko though, and while you could conceivably cteam it with endure over protect, I'd just use your rillaboom to beat that. extra evs on vaporeon were dumped into SpA, because 96 spdf doesn't help you reach any relevant benchmarks.

rillaboom on the team functions as the resident fairy and urshifu check. 140 defense allows it to reliably tank a banded wicked blow after life orb recoil from fake out and grassy terrain recovery and the attack lets it comfortably ko back with wood hammer. calc damage from fake out to see if they're bulky counter or not and react accordingly. rillaboom is just generally anti-bullshit and takes care of annoying-ass mons like koko and prim. vaporeon + rillaboom is predictably solid, which lets you have some leeway with the last mon.

despite not wanting to make a basic fwg, the big mus vapoeron + boomer don't cover (rachi, toge, registeel, some genesects) kinda all get owned by fire types, so you get rotom-heat. this is a nasty bulky variant of scarfed rotom that barely outspeeds base 110s like gengar. max hp lets it not be 3hkoed by seismic toss from registeel, and a modest nature lets it absolutely blow up jirachi and toge. funnily enough, bulky scarfed rotom covers the light screen victini mu. you trick on either light screen or v create. if you trick on light screen, the game's over. if you trick on vcreate, click tbolt into rest. you'll actually end up faster than them because you wake up the turn after 4 v-creates. they'll drop to tbolt at that point.

this team's snorlax mu is kinda suspect, but I think it's honestly pretty solid for a team with a c- rank mon. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed building it. happy holidays!

Last edited:

nolenot

Banned deucer.
aMAZEING team fo da gOAT Bopher woo yay hf
[hied[]/
belogns to spec (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Blizzard
- Discharge
- Hyper Beam
- Trick

masta(er) chef (Barraskewda) @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Dive
- Scald
- Sleep Talk

viable mon ngl bro (Leafeon) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunny Day
- Aerial Ace
- Solar Blade
- X-Scissor
]hide/[

i spent more time than i usually spend on teams thank me later bb m_m c_c d_d e_e n_n x_x z_z s_s a_a

look the team is good i have the proof https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250288289-r8azkhz71sq71pzin11hpupvjkdbu8zpw

Last edited:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
for parr0t, merry christmas. loved Nihilego in SM so getting to use it here was cool.

https://pokepast.es/32eda0360c8894dd

protect LO nihilego for prim moltresG and other custap mons. dazzling for shifu
zarude one of my fav mons in this gen, bops stuff like prim lax zyg cress rachi
needed a last that beat genesect, scarf rachi, necro, rilla darmg. moltres looked promising so I did some experimenting. it's able beat non-specs tbolt genesect, and the rest of the list. EVs are for genesect tbolt after download and darmG icicle crash (6.3% to kill unfortunately)

fun team, mons I like using, hope you enjoy

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
After a bit of a delay, I was lucky enough to be able to build a team for our generous host, 413x. Regidrago was a bit hard to build for, considering I'm not used to building with dragons, but I'm pretty happy with the result.

Fantasia
:ss/regidrago: :ss/kartana: :ss/sylveon:

Pretty simple Dragon/Steel/Fairy core. Regidrago is made to launch super powerful Dracos against bulky teams, hence the Specs and Modest nature. Speed EVs outspeed Band Mr. Vish as an emergency check while the rest go into bulk, notably letting it live a Band Wicked Blow from Urshifu. You can probably mess with the Speed but I don't see the point beyond outspeeding the rare max base 65s, but keep the Defense as it lives the WB even without HP investment. Kartana is great speed control with Scarf and powerful against offense, as Adamant lets it keep its power in exchange for tying with Galar Dar and losing to Shifus, which are dealt with by Sylveon. 148 SpD lets Cutsap Sylveon not go ham on your team. Sylveon rounds out the team as a more defensive option to click when threatened and is the only check to Cutsap Prima on the team, while being a solid defensive Fairy in general. Unfortunately, max max is the only option to beat it, so it can't really invest in anything else.

The team handles all the big threats (Snorlax, Prima, Urshifu, etc) while only being kinda iffy against Victini. However, there are a few nicher mons that can 3-0 the team. Salazzle is very scary on team preview. LO sets can be dealt with by Kartana, but the bulkier SubDisable sets live a KOff from full and retaliate with Flamethrower. Sawk is also an issue as Sylveon needs max Sleep turns to avoid the 2HKO from Poison Jab. Band Gyarados needs Kartana to win a roll in order to beat it because it OHKOs Regi and Sylveon with Outrage and Waterfall, respectively. And Heatran is a bit of an issue as Taunt variants beat Sylveon and Regidrago gets worn down. However, apart from Heatran, these mons are pretty rare, so they shouldn't be a big problem. I reached around 1550 on ladder before I got bored and threw a few games. I hope you have fun with the team, and Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
I was given a very fun and very challenging task from XSTATIC COLD which was to build a Seaking team. Seaking is unfortunately not the best mon out there but I tried to build a solid squad around it.

(click on mons for importable)

Seaking handles most electrics. Zera was a bit weird since CC/Outrage 2HKOd but Sitrus+Curse allows you to dispatch Zera as well. Curse can be dropped for SD if you want, doesn't make a huge difference but Curse is nice for Aggron as well. Outside of electrics, Seaking handles very little reliably outside of various fires just due to its abysmal stat spread. Scarf Genesect covers a lot that destroys Seaking including Rillaboom, Latis, Non-Babiri Toge, Darm-G, Lando, and Garchomp. What it doesn't handle well is fat mons. Taunt Koko is an idea that fits nicely here. Taunt shuts down Registeel and Lax. Koko also handles Prim, Necrozma, Suicune, Fini, and Sylv. Koko can also run ID or Dazzling Gleam over something if you need it to. This Koko set is a bit weird and you may potentially need to win some 50/50s between attacking/boosting on Koko attacking/healing.

This team is a bit janky, you have to outplay Spectrier and various other threats w/ Koko. Both Gene/Koko are probably prone to having their sets switched around based on what you need at the time. If you want to use this for yourself but don't wanna use Seaking, shame on you, but if you insist some Lando-T variant probably does the same thing. This team is pretty fun even if it is a bit dysfunctional, hope you enjoy!

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, nolenot , I'm your secret santa! You requested a team built around Umbreon, and I did my best! Here's what I came up with - I hope you like it >_<
:umbreon: :Dragapult: :diancie: :dragapult: :umbreon:
Dragapult (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Blast / Dive
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force

Umbreon (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Charm
- Moonlight
- Snarl
- Foul Play

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Encore
:umbreon: :Dragapult: :diancie: :dragapult: :umbreon:

The Umbreon used for this team is a pre-DLC set, with max HP and Defense and the Chople Berry to live fighting coverage. This Umbreon can effectively deal with Physical attackers, and some weaker Special attackers. This mon struggles a bit when it is outsped, which the next partner helps with greatly.

I know how much you love Band Dragapult, and so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to build around it as a fellow Band Dragapult enthusiast. On this team, I'm running Adamant Dragapult to ensure the OHKO on bulky Victini with Phantom Force, and maximum power Outrages and Dragon Darts and Dives. I'm running Fire Blast over Dive bc the team really struggles against Steel types, and Fire Blast can OHKO Genesect and Kartana, but you can meme with Dive if you want to ^~^

The last mon on the list was used to try and patch up most of the 3-0s, and so it is not as memey as the other two members ;w;
I decided to use Diancie because it beat many of the threats that Umbreon and Dragapult could not, barring some steel type attackers that aren't OHKO'd by Fire Blast and Primarina / Tapu Fini.

Merry Christmas!

yo! merry christmas everyone and in particular to my boy Pokemon_Gab1. I had a lot of fun making this Gourgeist team for you and after a bit of testing on ladder it actually seems super solid no cap.

:ss/Heatran: :ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/Gourgeist:
CAPISHE (Heatran) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Metal Sound
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Endure

BREAKIN A SWEAT (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch / Filler

NODDIN OFF (Gourgeist) @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Poltergeist
- Power Whip

Heatran
I just used the generic air balloon EVS because they are pretty good for what I need to do (hit hard and outspeed ada Rillaboom).
Metal sound + custap goes hard and after the Victini ban goes thru I don't need this thing to have supereffective coverage for it.
Custap in particular helps this team vs Spectrier and Pult (just use flash cannon and endure if it subs to block disable + you tank choice hits), as well as any Darm-G.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250487958-mrx7zq37jjskwzshgfrrpyaesfrgyndpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250489563-ru5bpc5lg9dyry1bgs8k1a4wpq2bw96pw

Urshifu-Rapid
+1 252 SpA Life Orb Genesect Steel Beam vs. 136 HP / 0 SpD Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 317-374 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs. 136 HP / 100 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 321-378 (85.6 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Haxorus: 294-346 (100.3 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(you can just ice punch Hax and Chomper so that you don't lose to custap sets like you would if you used close combat)
This mon goes off with adamant band, no-one is really ready for it and it gets a butt ton of coverage that you can use.
Just dumped speed coz I didn't really need it, beats a lot of the mons that were giving Gourgeist trouble and was my original partner.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250488278-9b5vzy8vhgmifykndn7m2inn3rygm8vpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250489818-7eiumn3v7opjjnq32lig7k7rsrkbs41pw

Gourgeist
Speed is to creep stuff that sits at the populated speed tier of 241, especially specs Necrozma.
Sub disable beats slower choiced mons and this dude actually hits so hard with life orb high bp stabs, one-shots Fini and Prim and tanks any hit easily, even with recoil in the case of custap Prim. Also murks shit like Cress. Points dumped into hp, seemed fine and its actually somewhat fat.
Substitute over protect is specifically for band Landorus fly and also can come in handy vs other moves and mons.
Also a quick shoutout to frisk being a weirdly useful ability at almost all times, super fun.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250489070-ve5rsbyo34u3hpwuaecazqs59cugvkdpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250490089-tni7ftk7c30eitc7j4rb76vacvwpzggpw

hope everyone enjoys the rest of the holiday season +

Last edited:
Hiya Lkjc! I was given your requested Metagross to build around. Hope you enjoy, and Marry Chrysalis.

:metagross:
Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 48 HP / 64 Atk / 144 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch

:marowak-alola:
Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Bonemerang
- Flare Blitz
- Belly Drum

:keldeo:
Keldeo @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 144 SpA / 172 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind

This team started with its star Pokémon, Metagross. It serves as an offensive special wall, being able to beat the likes of Primarina and Heatran most of the time. Unfortunately, I could not guarantee matchups 100% of the time without making this mon a specific direct counter. It's already high physical defense allows it to wall some physical attackers too, such as Darmanitan-Galar. Rock Tomb + EQ combo is mainly for Heatran, but you could replace them with an alternate STAB such as Zen Headbutt or coverage move such as Ice Punch. Doing so does not lose much, as Keldeo is still there as a Heatran counter. Rock Tomb and EQ are still quite useful though, serving as speed control and adequate coverage move respectively.

I also made an alternate Metagross set while looking for what new moves Metagross received. This one is more for memes and whatnot. Enjoy!
Metagross @ Choice Specs/Power Herb/Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Steel Beam
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Grass Knot/Flash Cannons
It gets surprisingly good special moves. Brings me back to the days when I had an in-progress Specs Duraludon Analysis, which I became interested in coincidentally due to last year's Secret Santa.

Marowak-Alola was put in there because I was desperate for a Victini check. The Speed EVs are for Aggron, although it loses to Max Speed Aggron. To be fair though, who the fr*ck in their right mind runs max speed on Aggron? This set has 3 main moves that almost every Marowak-Alola runs, but the fourth move is variable. My personal preference is Belly Drum for those pesky walls such as Registeel, but other stuff such as Shadow Bone (against berry users), Flame Charge (Speed Boosting), and Swords Dance (more consistent attack boost) also work.

Keldeo would be the mon I added due to the lack of special attacker on the team. It's EV'd to beat most Genesect, being able to withstand a specs thunderbolt, to which you could attack twice. Wacan Berry allows it to withstand 2 scarf thunderbolts. Icy Wind and Calm Mind are variable moves, with replacements such as Aqua Jet or scald being attractive options too. This mon also tends to beat other higher-tier mons such as Snorlax or Urshifu.

That being said, I have never tested the team out, and everything I said is theoretical. If you have any complaints please send them to my discord (ExplodingDonkey#2893I obtained permission) Mary Krispykreme!

Last edited:

pqs

Banned deucer.
Hey Satanic Beast, I'm your secret santa so here's your Heatran team! Merry Christmas :)

:ss/heatran: :ss/togekiss: :ss/aggron:
Heatran @ Chople Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 136 SpA / 168 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 8 SpD / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- Air Slash
- Roost

Aggron @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Protect
- Endure

Heatran's set is a bit odd, at first I wanted to run Shuca Berry for High Horsepower Rillaboom, but then I realized the weakness to Kartana so I changed that to Chople. For a partner I realized I was weak to Urshifus, generally most Water types, Zygarde, and random stall I could break through with Encore, so I decided on Togekiss. This set looks standard but I elected to run Sitrus Berry over Maranga for a better Band (bad set) Urshifu-RS matchup. Then, I realized I had only a few weaknesses left, being some Lax, DarmG, Fini, and Zera. Aggron was the best choice for me, using Protect to have a better MU against Fake Out variants of Zeraora, and can help in just random scouting generally. I also made a version of this team with Virizion as the third which can cover the weaknesses of this team a little better, at the cost Viriz having generally worse matchups across the board. Here it is if you want it.

replays of the team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250625042
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250625978
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250626970

thanks for hosting 413X BP ! happy holidays everyone :)

yo zio I'm your Santa and here's your Magneton team.
Magneton @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Electric Terrain
- Flash Cannon
- Endure

Hydreigon @ Haban Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 28 SpA / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 204 Atk / 80 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Play Rough
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat

You wished for a Magneton team and that was tough to make. The only thing that differentiates it from Magnezone is its speed and it doesn't even get Mirror Coat unfortunately. I knew that a standard Scarf or Specs set wouldn't satisfy so I had to be creative. I needed it to make use of its speed and still be able to beat as much Pokemon as it could. Therefore I came up with 3 gimmicks in one set! As you might've seen Magneton makes use of Electric Terrain + Rising Voltage. This, together with Weakness Policy, allows it to OHKO both Snorlax and Rillaboom.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250619433-m42kf8worbivc2l2827diciixc1ipvdpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250620429-7l9l7m9w3ime09kky5ekb745lwml9fmpw
Endure functions in two different ways. In one way it forces 50/50s if you weren't attacked by a supereffective hit turn 1 to activate the Weakness Policy and it also allows Magneton to safely beat other Custap mons like Rhyperior and Primarina. Electric terrain also has multiple functions. It boosts the Rising Voltage, but it also grants you safety vs the priority boosted Grassy Slide from Rillaboom and the terrible Yawn from Sylveon.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250623032-bhbvq4upzupyr0kbx3jbp8hawysfmb3pw

I had some problems while making this set because I wanted to make it beat Jirachi, Necrozma (photon geyser 2hkos), Genesect and Moltres-Galar as well. For this you can swap out Flash Cannon (that serves its use for Naganadel, Nihilego and Darmanitan-Galar) for Thunder to 2hko Necrozma and Jirachi (and frail Victini), or Thunderbolt to OHKO Genesect at +2 and 2HKO Moltres-Galar. I'm sure a Custap Magneton would do great too but we already have too many of those.

Hydreigon is the updated DLC 2 version that now tanks Specs Naganadel and Porygon-Z as well as Garchomp. It takes out a large chomp of dragons that Magneton can't beat and Nasty Plot + Taunt does the same for Stall like Corsola and Cresselia. Arcanine is the filler of the two. I updated it so it can tank a Sylveon Hyper Beam at -2 and 3HKO Sylveon and Togekiss with Extreme Speed. Play Rough is for Urshifu and Haxorus although the roll on the latter isn't that great.

Some weaknesses I found were Urshifu-R, fast Landorus-Therian that runs Superpower, and a specific Azumarill. I just critted Landorus-T 3x in a row with Magneton so you should be fine.

Have fun and merry Christmas! :blobthumbsup:
TheShadowClaw

Last edited:

Ryenix

Banned deucer.
Hey dogknees, hope you had a great Christmas(if you celebrate it). You requested for a Thundurus team and I built one for you. Sadly I'm about to go to on vacation so I can't really go on in depth about the team.

:ss/Thundurus: :ss/sawk: :ss/genesect:

LO Thundurus actually does well against some top tier mons like Urshifu, Primarina, Rillaboom etc. Protect on Thundurus is to beat stuff like Custap Primarina and Custap Moltres-Galar.
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Fly vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu: 351-413 (102.9 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 148 Def Primarina: 374-445 (103 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Moltres-Galar: 385-455 (100.2 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Fly vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Rillaboom: 385-455 (95.5 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO. (loses vs Grassy Seed)
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 369-437 (98.6 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 504-595 (143.5 - 169.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 16 Def Tapu Fini: 307-367 (89.5 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 351-413 (102.9 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I chose Sawk as teammate because the team struggled with Rock and Steel types and Snorlax.

Lastly I picked a special variant of Genesect to beat Sylveon, Psychic types like Tapu Lele and Cresselia and have a better MU against Rillaboom. Genesect is also this teams counter to Zygarde.

Disclaimer this team is riding off the fact that Victini will get banned as it is 3-0ed by it.

Lkjc Thank you so much for the Kartana team!

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Greetings KawaiiiiPotato, I'm your secret santa, here with an interesting bluish Bronzong team!

:sm/bronzong: - :sm/primarina: - :sm/goodra:

:bronzong:
Initially, I considered giving bronzong an ID/Body Press set with Heatproof to lure some fire types, but after running some calcs this turned out to be very underwhelming. I then moved on to a Levitate Band set, using Bronzong's access to Gyro Ball and Trick to win versus several common pokemon, like Sylveon, Togekiss, Jirachi, Aggron, and most Snorlax sets. I quickly discovered that Zen Headbutt did very little, so I replaced it with my patented slow-banded-steel-tech: Flash Cannon! This lets you safely beat Counter Crustle, while also giving you something to click after Tricking your opponent into Counter. EVs are chiefly to tank Naganadel's fire blast (which this team used to lose to), but also help versus a few other special attackers like Tapu Fini and Sylveon.

:bronzong: :togekiss:
I decided on a bulky fairy next, and after some deliberation considered Togekiss. This turned out to be a bad idea: many of togekiss's matchups were shaky at best, and it also left a very awkward weakness to bulky DD Zygarde, many steel-types, and Dragapult.

:bronzong: :primarina:
Primarina was a much better fit, thanks to its ability to eliminate not only dark- and fighting-types, but dragons and fires as well. It also offered some much-needed stallbreaking thanks to Encore and Calm Mind. I went for a Sitrus berry set to have better odds versus Genesect, while also surviving two Poison Jabs from Roseli/AV Urshifu-R and Choice Scarf Sawk.

:bronzong: :primarina: :kyurem:
With most remaining threats to the team being grass-types, electric-types, or volcanion, I decided to run Choice Specs Kyurem, who had decent matchups against all of those (although Kartana required a lot of physical bulk to beat). This team worked reasonably well, but ended up with a huge weakness to Dracozolt and Choice Band Sawk, as well as some genesect sets, so I abandoned the idea.

:bronzong: :primarina: :goodra:
Finally, I settled on Goodra as a third mon. This set runs Counter over the more common Fire Blast, which still beats Kartana and physical Genesect while helping against those physical attackers not afraid of Draco Meteor, like Zeraora. The item was chosen to let Goodra beat most Dracozolts: a set that doesn't care about this matchup can move some defense to special defense and put an AV over Haban Berry, which is notably helpful versus primarina.

Replays:
:bronzong:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250636093-039870pxgsriujy5k1h55y3g7bnsxaipw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250639076-7nnw9onky0b15vduk22s03advnhzksopw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250641162-weyr2519rwt34mvcp9urdhzfyjyw0pbpw

:primarina:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250636773-pl7yb8cr291lv8swz9z7nagzz4jonhhpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250642414-8yc3wnu0pxezc4gvxs421jxrlarz9dspw

:goodra:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250638032-4if366se3of7375wj6fuq955u0gzj6zpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1250641611-qbibae0tt3gjpwvbqb9kum3bgt45h6qpw

We meet again PartMan , but this one time, I'm your secret santa ! You decided to grant me a lot of freedom for this team, giving no further instruction than "meme pick, choose whatever you want". I apologize that I couldn't fit your favorite mon chandelure into your team, it was my plan at first but I then wanted to make the team viable, and meme mon + chandelure was really hard to make even close to viable...

But now, look what I came up with....

uglybutyougettheidea.png
Yes.
And yes the pic is dirty, but well, didn't want to stick on it for one hour to clean it .-.

Using this meme set is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and this secret santa was the perfect opportunity to finally make it happen. As said earlier, I've also set myself the goal of making the team close-to-viable, which would restrict the freedom when it comes to the 2nd and 3rd mons, but well, we can't have everything at once after all. So now, let's see how the building went, and what the final result is.

:whimsicott: The whimsicott set is a standard "random urshifu beater" set : it runs just enough speed to outpace banded urshifus and ko them... except it's not that simple : it is absolutely destroyed by AV/ bulky Urshifu-Rapid-Strike sets, therefore another mon will be needed to beat those. To conclude on the evs, 160 HP bring whimsicott's HPs to 301 to use switcheroo/rest efficiently to deal with passive mons such as registeel and chansey, and improves it's overall bulk. The remaining evs are invested in SpA to deal...as much damage as a whimsicott can, I guess.

:urshifu-rapid-strike: As I decided to go for a fwg core (not really original, sorry :x), I needed a water type that could take care of the bulkier urshifu-rapid-strikes sets as well. All things considered, I... went against one of my teampuilding principles to never have an answer to a said mon be the mon itself, and opted for a fast bulk up life orb set. 8 HP / 208 Def allow to live an outrage from banded adamant haxorus, making the mu easier to play with no need to guess the set you're facing. 168 speed evs allow urshifu to outpseed non-scarf rotom-heat and take it out effectively. It is however important to note that scarf is still a threat for the team.

:heatran: Looking at the remaining threats to the team, especially among A ranked-mons, heatran quickly became my pick as a fire type. Air balloon allows it to deal with some of the choiced mons that would rely on ground coverage to take it out such as necrozma. The unusual amount of physical bulk makes it live a sacred sword from jolly, banded kartana so that it can retaliate. HPs are maximized, and the remaining evs are thrown in SpA.

Of course, as you could expect it from a specs Whimsicott team, it's not perfect, and has notable 3-0es. The fwg killer Volcanion is part of them, as well as Archeops, Zapdos-g and scarf Rotom-heat. However, as I laddered, I still got better results than expected. Some details could also probably be improved/optimised but I'm not the best at it so I hope it's somewhat good enough already. Here are some replays in order to showcase each mon of the team :

Hope you'll enjoy the team !

Last edited:
edit, team name: The Salty Spitoon On Acid

Hello ciarion! I got the wonderful opportunity to build for you and I had a lot of fun doing it! Golisopod is a very interesting mon to build around in post-dlc2 and had many challenges along the way. Alas, I present to you the finished team.
:ss/golisopod::ss/togekiss::ss/zygarde-complete:

Overall Desc: I took an offensive approach on Golisopod and went for a Custap variant with Swords Dance. SD can be swapped with Bulk Up if you’d like, but I recommend the former. After making the skeleton of Golisopod, I took a loo at the VR matchups to find a good partner to finish the 2 mon core. I first decided on Scarf Toge with trick for anti stall. I changed this to twave eventually to help with the hyper offense matchup. I again peered upon the VR to fill the holes I had left. I originally went with lorb Bulk Up Ursh-S to handle Zygarde and Snorlax, but ultimately went with Glare Coil Zygod, which I’ve been meaning to try for a while.

Golisopod Explanation: HP, Def, and Atk is live a banded Victini Bolt Strike and V-Create and 2hko back with liquidation. It’s possible to beat Prim, but the mu is shaky asf. You have a 63% chance to 2hko with Poison Jab if Prim just goes for Moonblast. If they’re Custap, you just lose.

Togekiss Explanation: Babiri ensures you don’t get 3-0d by Scarf Sect by living a Steel Beam and OHKOing back with flamethrower. SpA just barely OHKOs no investment Rillaboom and helps with luck based matchups in general. Speed outspeeds base 100 scarfs at half speed.

I’ve been watching way too much One Piece lately and put good use to the overwhelming amount of side characters.
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Kabu
Kabu’s base forme is just a little fairy comparable to Wimpod. However Kabu has the ability to transform into a Stag Beetle which gives a massive power boost kind of like Golisopod.
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Viola
Viola puts on a facade of a defenseless, fragile dancer. However, she’s actually a ruthless assassin. Kind of like how Togekiss looks like a harmless angel while in all actuality, it’s just here to ruin your day.
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Smiley
Smiley can separate itself into smaller chunks of itself just like Zygarde, and can join up again to make a powerful version of itself.

Last edited:
Tol Hiya, and a belated merry Christmas!

First up, sorry that your team had to come from a washed-up player like me. Hopefully, it's fun enough to use.

tolly (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

da (Naganadel) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 SpA / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Snarl
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

orangez (Corviknight) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Mirror Armor
Happiness: 160
EVs: 64 HP / 248 Def / 196 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Body Press
- Iron Head

You'd asked for a Landorus team, so the first step was to run a lone Landorus in the ladder and check out what people used as counters to it. After tons of testing, I concluded that most of the direct threats to Lando were Water-types and Ice-types. Noting this, I paired it with Zeraora and Kartana, both of which were pretty well-equipped to handle the Waters and Ice that formed the main threats to Lando.

However, after a couple dozen matches on the ladder, Custap began presenting itself as a problem. Since none of the three members were significantly bulky, commons Custap users like Magnezone, Arctozolt, Darmanitan-Galar, and Crustle began presenting themselves as major threats to the team. I experimented with various sets and EVs on the team, but couldn't find a way to handle all of them simultaneously, so I ended up dropping the idea and starting all over.

This time, instead of directly focusing on countering Lando counters, I added sets that complemented Lando's coverage and ensured a better matchup against a wide variety of threats - namely Scarf Naganadel and stall Corviknight. Corvi handled most of the Custap abusers, while Naganadel outsped and OHKOed many of the threats that otherwise wrecked the team.

This new team ended up going far better on ladder than the previous one (got to 1600 in an hour of laddering), so I decided to leave it at that and tinker with the EVs to simplify matchups a bit, notably Scarf DarmG and stuff.

Most of the matchups are fairly linear with this team, so there's no precise plays required for specific matchups. Well, except for Magnezone; just go Knock Off -> Earth Power on Landorus to bypass any Endure / Custap shenanigans. Oh, and Naganadel goes Snarl for a 55% chance to win the Specs Spectrier matchup.

Current threats to the team: Custap Arctozolt, stall Swampert, and probably some stuff that I haven't faced yet

Hope you have fun, and once again, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hi Sanshokuinsumireko, and Happy Holidays! Thanks for giving me the cute and carefree Ludicolo as my first ever Secret Santa mon! I apologize for not being the best teambuilder, but here's what I came up with:
:ludicolo: :zeraora: :avalugg:
duck (Ludicolo) @ Big Root
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump

cat (Zeraora) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 192 HP / 200 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Plasma Fists
- Play Rough
- Taunt

table (Avalugg) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 Atk / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Icicle Spear
- Mirror Coat
- Earthquake/Heavy Slam
Here's my building process:
:ludicolo:
First I looked at the Viability Rankings to see what Ludicolo could potentially beat. I ran calculations for an hour or two with some EV spreads and decided that Ludicolo simply did not have the bulk or attacking stats to be the designated Ice-move user, nor the designated Water/Fairy beater. It doesn't have the bulk to utilize Counter in the current meta, and the Rain Dance + Swift Swim speed control didn't do enough for me to justify it. With that said, I settled on the current build: sort of a hybrid Leech Seed/Offensive mon. Giga Drain + Hydro Pump allows it to beat stuff like Aggron and Avalugg, Leech Seed + Encore allows it to beat mons like Cresselia. I added a Big Root because healing more from Giga Drain and Leech Seed was pretty nice. 252 HP lets it beat everything I want it to beat, so I just dumped 252+ into SpA. At one point I switched to Choice Specs to c-team an AV Entei, but overall I'm pretty happy with this version.
:zeraora:
I decided on Zeraora pretty early on as a partner. It usually beats Genesect, birds, fairies, Urshifus, and strong Waters that Ludicolo struggles with. Meanwhile, Ludicolo would take out slower and bulkier offensive Ground/Rock/Fire etc mons that Zeraora couldn't readily deal with, as well as bulky Counter/Seismic Toss Chansey and Blissey. I put it at 351 Speed to beat Latios and Archeops, but you could also choose to use a bulkier and slower Zeraora since Avalugg covers those.
:avalugg:
Finally, I needed a mon to beat bulkier Dragon types as well as Snorlax and Rillaboom, so Avalugg was the obvious choice. Avalugg has incredible physical bulk, allowing it to tank multi-hit moves, as well as Sturdy + Mirror Coat against Naganadel and other special attackers. Earthquake helps to secure kills against some Electric mons, while Heavy Slam is better against Fairies. Overall, it's just Band Avalugg. 20 Speed EVS allow it to outspeed uninvested base 30s; +Def Nature is to boost the power of Body Press.

Overall the team is a bit weak to some special attackers (especially Necrozma) but I didn't really have any trouble during testing.
:ludicolo: :ludicolo: :ludicolo: :ludicolo: :ludicolo: :ludicolo: :ludicolo: :ludicolo: :ludicolo: :ludicolo: :ludicolo:
I tested this team by winning a Double Elim roomtour, and I managed to hit 1630 on Ladder as well. Hope you can enjoy it as much as I did!
Edit:

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Hey Vrji, it's me, your Secret Santa with your Mamoswine team. Thankfully, I did some experimenting with AV Mamoswine before the Victini ban, so this wasn't as hard as I imagined it would be: without further ado...
:ss/mamoswine::ss/primarina::ss/zapdos:

:mamoswine:
Has multi-hit, priority, and ok-ish bulk, absolutely screams AV. Can beat PZ, Sylveon, and most other special attackers.

:primarina:
Primarina. Mostly there for Urshifu, Haxorus, or any other Dragon-type Mamo can't beat.

:Zapdos:
Not the best set, but keeps Rillaboom, Kartana, Primarina, and Genesect in check. Hurricane is better for Urshifu-S, but Heat Wave beats Genesect. Eerie Impulse is mainly for Primarina, but Metal Sound helps matchups versus things like Suicune.

One thing I like about this team is how it lures out Sylveon (well it won't anymore now that I mentioned it) since it has no obvious Fairy resist.

Mamoswine Montage
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1251886589-byghwhccukcwef4c0m3hwo40gufplqjpw beats sylveon
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen81v1-1251887805-mu537devckm2w80esxhiitzaab9al4dpw still beats sylveon
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1251888561-a7rrj79f5ajdlrrxfbhyh1okp391d4mpw naganadel
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1251892061-wn5zosq0urxp1czec4f0agstl842i90pw necrozma

funny battle
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1251898896-u9tcr72an2oitmi18iuukehqcrrxk93pw

ok that's all from me happy holidays :D

D2TheW

Amadán
PA Merry Christmas! its still December I'm not late dw about it Here's your brionne team
https://pokepast.es/93c188298624b340
I tried to find something that brionne could do that Prim can't. After thinking about it for about 30 seconds I gave up and just made something to lure galarm because that's a mon that's definitely still relevant rn yessir. You baby doll eyes t1 and then if they used giga you do it again on the recharge then 2hko with Torrent scald, if they superpower you rest up and pray to rngesus that you don't get crit.

I added rilla because I was gonna do a fwg and subseed synergised well. It's body press for lax and chansey, but beating is fine too. Then I decided not to bother with fwg and added zap to beat grasses, urshifus, rachi, gene and toge. Overall the team probably sucks but it has a brionne on it so :blobshrug:

Happy Holidays!

Hey Heracross2.0, Merry (late) Christmas! I was your Secret Santa for your Heracross team, I had a lot of fun building it and I hope you'll enjoy the team!
:heracross: :zapdos-galar: :pheromosa:
Ignite (Heracross) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Protect

High Noon (Zapdos-Galar) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 72 Def / 48 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Brave Bird
- Thunderous Kick
- Close Combat

Empress (Pheromosa) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Throat Chop
- Triple Axel
- Poison Jab
- Endure

I made a monotype team because it was more fun to build and use. Of course, there's gonna be mons that just 3-0 you so it's definitely not a perfect team.

:heracross:
The star of the team is Heracross. I wanted to make something that people would never expect (although revealing the team here sorta denies that purpose lol) So I made the Heracross utilize its deceptively higher than average special bulk to beat Fairy types like Primarina and Tapu Fini. With Protect Turn 1 and a few Facades after, you 2HKO while tanking a Moonblast and 2 turns worth of burn damage against Prim, negating the Custap with Protect. Against Fini, Heracross can stall out the Misty Terrain while boosting up with Swords Dance Twice to OHKO with a burn boosted Facade.

:zapdos-galar:
I needed something to beat both Urshifus reliably and hit most things hard while being relatively bulky so I turned to Zapdos-Galar. The EVs allow it to tank band Haxorus and specs Naganadel, while outspeeding Dracovish/Dracozolt.

:pheromosa:
Finally, I needed a mon to hit bulky and fast threats hard, but those threats weren't weak to fighting moves so I present to you NO STAB PHERO! Using its vast coverage, some notable mons it can beat are Dragapult, Spectrier, (slower) Togekiss and Darmanitan, Zygarde, Sylveon, and can even be used as a secondary Primarina check. The 8 Def is to live a Phantom Force from Sub+Disable Dragapult. Pheromosa really glues this team together, and it's a fun mon to use as well.

Overall, the team is very fun to use, and I hope you'll enjoy using it just as much as I have. (just watch out for them psychics and fairies lol)

herapog.png

herapog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)