Project 1v1 Secret Santa

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
To 1v1's dearly beloved Sonia fanatic, superstrike66:

Merry Christmas!

Have you ever noticed how Exeggutor-Alola is basically Sonia? It has her ginger hair, the brown of her coat, and big dangling things just like she has!

Entei @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Sacred Fire
- Laser Focus

Exeggutor-Alola @ Custap Berry
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 HP / 212 SpA / 96 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Endure

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
Entei:
  • HP makes a Substitute withstand a Moonblast from common Primarina spreads
  • Spe outpaces 99s; generally there's not a lot of 100s that run max Spe, though if they do you lose anyways, so not really a huge dealbreaker to not be maxed.
  • Laser Focus is nice to have because it bypasses boosts from the likes of Registeel and has the raw PP to outstall a lot of mons.
  • Noteworthy matchups: Primarina (No Sparkling Aria), Snorlax, Moltres-Galar, Necrozma, Suicune
Exeggutor-Alola:
  • HP bulks Life Orb Urshifu Wicked Blow
  • SpD bulks Moonblast from the common Primarina spreads
  • SpA is to 2HKO Primarina with Leaf Storm after Calm Mind, or otherwise OHKO Primarina without Calm Mind
Darmanitan-Galar:
  • Atk is to retain as good of a KO against Urshifu as possible, in addition to general damage rolls
  • Spe is maxed for the sake of speed tying other Darmanitan at worst, since it can't really afford to sacrifice enough EVs to try and bulk anything
  • Def's 4 EVs are to ensure you don't get hit by something stupid like Choice Band Extreme Speed Genesect
Weaknesses:
  • Haxorus (Jolly Unnerve Choice Scarf)
  • Azumarill
  • Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (Ice Punch + Aqua Jet)

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting much from the long boi at first, but once I actually started looking at it, I couldn't help but notice all the possibilities behind it! Both of its abilities are wonders to have in this Berry and bait-infested metagame, making it an excellent Custap Berry user, since it'll immediately know what's coming and not have to worry about mindgames between Endure or whatever else as often! Custap offense isn't the only thing it's got going for it, either; it could absolutely switch to a more stally set with Leech Seed and Substitute and basically just stall out anything that isn't Grass or able to screw it over with Taunt/Trick, in addition to other sets like the traditional Harvest stalling with a healing berry, Choice Specs, Weakness Policy, and even the capacity to go physical/mixed. If it weren't for the fact that people probably aren't gonna use it much on their own or that regular Exeggutor is probably better, I could honestly see this thing rising up to a potential C+ or B- rank on the VR.

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower

Exeggutor-Alola @ Custap Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 200 HP / 212 SpA / 96 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Endure

Tapu Koko @ Electric Seed
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Eerie Impulse
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
Rillaboom:
  • Atk is for shredding as many things as possible
  • Def is for bulking Band Kartana Giga Impact
  • Spe is leftover for outspeeding Heatran as best as you can
Tapu Koko:
  • HP gives generally sufficient physical bulk to withstand jabs from Urshifu and Sawk
  • SpD creeps Genesect's Download and also does its best at withstanding attacks from Regieleki
  • Spe outspeeds Adamant Scarf Dracovish, as well as Raikou and other 115s
  • Note: Genesect is actually a funky matchup, since Download and Electric Terrain activate on the same priority level; so if Download activates before Electric Terrain does, that means that they're Scarf, and will also get an Atk boost, whereas a Genesect that is slower than Tapu Koko will get a SpA boost (due to Electric Seed activating and pushing Def over SpD)
  • Noteworthy matchups: Snorlax (No Earthquake), Registeel, Heatran

Weaknesses:
  • Haxorus (Unnerve Choice Band)

Entei and Tapu Koko were the two main partners for Exeggutor-Alola that I came to, so I figured instead of just picking whichever one seemed the best, I'd go for both! Both partners have pretty notably different 3rd members, so I think this would offer some nice variety, while still allowing for the enjoyment of Exeggutor-Alola's mere existence on the screen. It's also the season of giving, so I figured I'd be a little generous ^-^.

Wishing you and everyone here a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays-
Rosa

Hey DezShizzels I was your secret santa and I had the pleasure of building with Tauros!

https://pokepast.es/18dde4fea8adcb14

So I started with the man of the hour, Tauros. I realized that it had a weakness to Urshifu, so I added Sylveon to repair that mu, then as a filler I added my own Urshifu as its splashable and seems to fit. Merry (late) christmas, and happy new year!

(Not very good at building 1v1 so apologies if its bad)

Another year has gone by, and with that, another year of Pokemon Battling!

To commemorate, I present my secret Santa to Rosa !

https://pokepast.es/07f7cbd647838f9e

Salamence was really hard to build around, as his offensive niches just weren't cutting it. But somehow, i managed to carve out a role for it as prim bait, with a stall set! It utilises confide and iron defence as pp stall. Not the most fun to play, but it's quite efficient!

As for the others, I really enjoy the role that genesect has now that victini is banned. So i gave him an occa berry just to be sure, and a pretty standard set otherwise. He just seems like a really strong counter to fairy and psychic types now.

And what would a 1v1 team from yours truly be without my ghostiest boi, Corsola-Galar! He's just such an innocent looking yet oppressive force that i just had to feature my favourite curse-stall set on the team. Overall, it creates for some really interesting mindgames and it opens up a new perspective. (i'm waffling now lol)

This team got me quite a bit of success, and it was what eventually got me back on the leaderboards earlier yesterday. I hit a high of around 1600 (see below) so i hope this team is good enough to use. If there are any changes to be made, I welcome them.
Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 00.06.12.png
(I'm maroKas on the ladder :3)

I know the team is quite basic, but I really hope you enjoy using it! Have a wonderful 2021, and have fun battling!

Tol

Retirement house
Merry Christmas and happy New Year, smely socks ! Sorry I'm a wee bit late but I am A) ass at building swsh and B) lazy.
depression ahah (Azelf) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Trick

uwu i want a bf (Altaria-Mega) (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 112 HP / 100 Def / 252 SpA / 44 SpD
Modest Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Roost
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse

heart broken (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Tomb
- Earth Power
So naturally when I saw I got you I knew I had to build you a SM team to show you the way of a real man's metagame. Unfortunately, Azelf is fucking terrible. My first instinct, seeing its good speed tier and spatk, was a time honored set. Unfortunately, DEA never got off the ground as despite getting Dream Eater, it fsr does not get Hypnosis. My next thought, upon seeing its access to Wonder Room, was that maybe I could use it as an answer to Magearna/other boosting stallers with Wonder Room. Unfortunately again, Wonder Room didn't work like I thought it would. I was at my wit's end when I noticed that most of MaltTran's weaknesses were things that scarf Azelf happened to beat. Nicks inspired by your favorite music.
That Thing You Do! (Azelf) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam

Here With Me (Urshifu) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 104 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wicked Blow
- Ice Punch

Forget You Girl (Zygarde) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 176 HP / 104 Atk / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Skitter Smack
- Coil
Naturally, I couldn't just leave you hanging with a SM team, so here's a SwSh team as well! Choice Specs worked better in this ass gen, and the rest of the sets are uhh (please forgive me I have no idea what I'm talking about Itchyfoot held my hand through this process)
Nicks inspired by real music, linked below.

Itchy ♤ ~~Today at 7:34 PM
I wouldn't say your set was unviable
It was just the set I wanted to use

UPDATE MY SET WAS NOT UNVIABLE AFTER ALL

Happy holidays Monsareeasy i built your team. Sorry that I’m very late, just been kinda busy over the holidays
Team: https://pokepast.es/ccd79bcd24d7a866
Your request was azumarill, and I thought that Assault Vest azumarill would be azumarills best set, so I chose to build around that.
Set description:
azumarill has its 2 stab moves play rough and liquidation to hit as hard as possible with its ability huge power, while still being quite bulky with its av. Superpower and aqua jet also work well for coverage and priority. With 252 hp and 140 spd, av azumarill can beat stuff like primarina, sylveon, and even specs porygon z pretty easily. Azumarill also deals with stuff like urshifu s and urshifu r, and a lot of dragon types which is really nice for a mon. I also threw weakness policy aegislash and curse pult on for azumarills weaknesses, and overall I feel the 3 can cover a lot of the meta.
Here are some replays of azumarill being epic
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1254301549 vs specs porygon z
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1254313927 vs primarina
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1254314307 vs urshifu r
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1254316619 vs dragapult
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1254397790-las308tokz9tag5t6q39gyrucjk1ptppw Vs sylveon

once again, happy holidays, I hope the team is somewhat decent. I haven’t played much of gen 8 so sorry if the team isn’t the greatest.

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Zoroark was hardly the easiest mon to build with, and I eventually settled on a rather basic specs set that could put in work against urshifu, necrozma, cresselia, ferrothorn, genesect, and some stallmons. I realized that Zygarde didn't appreciate any of those, so I added a skitter smack WP zyg (this allows the team to lure prim and most finis in addition to giving it an all-around useful pokemon).

At this point, I realized that I had two pokemon that started with a Z already and might as well commit, so after experimenting with Zarude and Zeraora I settled on Zapdos-Galar, whose reversal set could deal with fast scarfers, haxorus, naganadel (just thundurous kick into custap brave bird), and belly drum snorlax, as well as a couple of stall pokemon. I suppose it also went and defeated quite a few of the things zoroark is dedicated to but it can't handle cress and gene that well so zoroark is definitely still useful.

Presenting...

The Zoroark ZZZQUAD

:ss/zoroark: :ss/zygarde: :ss/zapdos-galar:

myZtery (Zoroark) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 24 Def / 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Zharp Beak (Zapdos-Galar) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 72 Def / 48 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Brave Bird
- Thunderous Kick
- Reversal

bulkZ it all (Zygarde) @ Weakness Policy
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Skitter Smack
- Coil

Zoroark has these weird defensive EVs to improve its matchup versus moonblast whimsicott as much as possible, while keeping Extreme Speed genesect from getting the download attack boost. Focus Blast beats most urshifus, but scarf is a loss and AV can bulk.

Zapdos is just a solid pokemon, beats rillaboom, grasses in general, and puts in some work against faster scarf users. Simply thundurus kick or brave bird, endure when in OHKO range, and then attack again with brave bird or 200 BP reversal.

Finally, there's zygarde, which should click skitter smack against slower special attackers like primarina. That way, it can get a WP boost and attack with tarrows. Espeed is an anti-custap tool that also helps with getting the last bits of chip versus faster foes.

This team tends to lose to Sylveon (but not necessarily to other fairies), zen mode darm, spectrier, and some dragapult variants. It has mixed odds versus avalugg.

Enjoy your team, Sans Undertale7!

Last edited:

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
Yo Mr. Mime fan , I'm you secret santa and i created a team with tornadus incarnate.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave

Ok I begin with tornadus, I had choice between specs, life orb and custap, I chose life orb cause it has good damage and can beat stall with nasty plot.
It beats all grass, both urshifu, Zygarde with Nasty, Genesect (unless scarf),Moltres Galar, Tapu fini, Volcarona, Seaking...
Heat wave is mostly for genesect ferrothorn, band darmanitan.
I put air slash in 4th move to have a chance to win with flinch in a bad matchup.

Max Spe atck, 351 speed to outspeed latios, gengar, kartana. 375 speed is useless cause It only ties with nagadanel, and anyway hurricane doesnt kill so... I pref have evs in hp to tank some shits.

2nd is Rillaboom

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower

This mon is good with tordadus cause it beats all electrics mon,all rocks, all water, and p-z, darmanitan galar, Cresselia, Necrozma, Primarina, Sylveon, Chomper,Sylveon, Volcanion, Magnezone, Spectrier, Diancie, Seaking...

Indeed the combo Fake out + grassy beats a lot of mon which are faster like landorus, p-z or darmanitan.
Wood hammer is here to strike , and high horsepower is to beat heatran and mostly magnezone, otherwise i'm 0-3 by custap zone.

Evs are simple, Max attack to hit max, and max hp to tank some hits like band haxorus, band urshifu...

3rd is Rhyperior

Rhyperior @ Custap Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Wrecker
- Endure
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

I've put Rhyperior because the two others are weak to steel and fire. Then, Rhyperior can beat all electric (except custap zone), fire mons llike arcanine, blaziken, volcarona, and steels like aegislash, jirachi, registeel, physical genesect. Moreover it can beat stall with sd like Corsola or chansey.
And it beats togekiss.

Custap berry enables you to beat faster mon which normally ohko you, like latios, nagadanel, offensive dracovish, landorus, or grass knot nihilego.
The combo custap +sword dance is strong cause you can boost and still attacking after. For example,you can beat Garchomp or landorus T with a sword dance t1, and then endure and rock wrecker.

The evs are simples too: max attack to ohko the maximum, and max hp to have a chance to take some hits like band hjk pheromosa
252 Atk Choice Band Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 396-468 (91.2 - 107.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Or band close combat haxorus (with mold breaker), band landorus-T.
It can tank some defensive Tapu fini or Milotic scald too.
12 SpA Tapu Fini Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 405-480 (93.3 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Conclusion: This team has only one weakness, which is defensive avalugg (body Press+recover+iron defense, avalanche), that's why i put air slash to Tordanus-T, to have 30% chance of win the match up. It's better than nothing.
So unless wtf sets, this team covers the entire meta.

I'll put some replays later (i have not time here), but i'm convinced that i can reach 1700 easy with this team.

It's not Santa all days with me, so enjoy the moment.

Last edited:
:Mantine::Heatran::Rillaboom: XanderUrBoi

Mantine @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
- Air Slash

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 236 Def
Impish Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect

The team would be a bit better with :Primarina:>:Mantine:.

Yo eblurb, merry (belated) Christmas, Festivus, and happy New Year! Here is your team built around Custap Tapu Lele.

:tapu lele: :Rotom-Heat::kartana: (Click on sprites for the pokepast)

:tapu lele:Tapu Lele @ Custap Berry:tapu lele:
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 116 HP / 120 Def / 96 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Endure

The star of the show. Moonblast and Endure are self-explanatory, while psyshock coupled with Calm Mind allows Lele to break trough special attackers (like Prim) and special walls. Lele is also able to live an attack from Scarfers such as Gdarm, Haxorus, and Urshifu and OHKO them back (or 2HKO in the case of Darm).

:Rotom-Heat: Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs:Rotom-Heat:
EVs: 240 HP / 220 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick
- Nasty Plot

I decided to add Rotom to beat Steel types and stall mons that Lele struggles with. This oven set is pretty standard, but I decided to use Nasty Plot instead of Wisp or Rest to be able to break through bulkier pokemon better. However, Rest or Wisp can be used instead of NP.

:kartana:Kartana @ Choice Scarf:kartana:
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

I decided to use Scarf Kartana, as I thought that a physical Grass type to beat mons like Custap Dracovish and Ground types such as Rhyperior would be helpful on this team. It also fares well against Dragapult, which the other two teammates greatly struggle against. Careful nature allows Kartana to live an unboosted Hex from standard Emo horse, and 2HKO it with KnockOff or Knock Off into struggle if the horse uses Disable.

Threatlist:

:aggron:
Lele can't touch Aggron, Kart gets metal bursted, and oven gets Head Smashed

:Crustle:
Another sturdy mon that this team struggles with. Kart gets countered, Oven gets annihilated by rock wrecker, and Lele can try and play mind games with the crab, but this is shaky at best.

:Sylveon:
Sylv lives a Smart Strike from Kart and OHKOs it back. Lele and Oven can beat it, but are forced to play mind games with the fairy dog thing, so they are unable to reliably beat it.​

Last edited:
Hi magicarpe_lvl100, sorry for the late Christmas gift. Here is the set I made you.
https://pokepast.es/634b7df2d4620c54

Background on Terrakion
I was quite interested when I saw the Terrakion, first going for an Endure gimmick. I then learned it was too predictable, so I changed it to Life Orb Set. I added the taunt there just for stallers or Endure sets, you're free to change it if you need to. For the EV's and personality, I made it so it can survive a hit from Specs Naganadel/Hydreigon, making it tanking other range attackers in the process (besides those with super-effective hits). The 132 speed is for outspeeding a non-Scarf Jolly Togekiss, the reason being if they may run a specs set. The rest is on Attack investment. Here are some replays demonstrating the use of it if you need them.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1255041684
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1254726982

Background on Genesect
I chose Genesect to synergize with Terrakion for this one as it takes care of a lot of its weaknesses such as steel types. I didn't really want to go for a Choice item on this due to Mirror Coat, so I added Substitute and decided to set an item for it later. I didn't really invest much time on the EV's, that is just me being lazy. Though I made the 4 HP for a Substitute gimmick I thought of. For the gimmick, the item I settled with was a Peteya Berry whenever its download is not on +1 special attack. The gimmick is just 3 substitutes for a +1 on special attack. You're always free to change this if the gimmick won't suit you with an Occa Berry. Nothing much else I can say about this. Here is a simple replay on countering Mirror Coat.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1254733196

Background on Tapu Lele
I was thinking of the third mon for a while, and it's one of the reasons why I slept on this team till the last minute. I settled with Tapu Lele for the Psychic Terrain and additional coverage it provides. For the set decided to go for Specs with the meta moveset it uses. The EV's I thought of is mainly for shutting down Darmanitan-Galar sets (I used Smogon Sets for reference). The HP + Def EV's are for tanking a max attack Scarf Set (if it doesn't have Adamant nature), and max EV's on speed to speed tie a Non-Choice Scarf Set, for countering Band. The rest is invested in Special Attack. I don't have replays available for this, but I wish you luck on using it.

It was really fun making this team, I hope that you receive this. Have a happy new year.

Sup Krytocon - Before I start, I mildly detest you for making me work with this absolute pile of garbage (but I have to admit, it was pretty fun)

:Umbreon::Genesect::Magnezone:

:umbreon:The problem child:umbreon:
Umbreon @ Chople Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Taunt
- Torment
- Charm
- Moonlight
Figuring out a set for Umbreon was easily the most difficult part of this challenge. I noticed that somebody else had also built an Umbreon team and I didn't want to exactly copy their set, so I went for a slightly different approach with torment which is a pretty neat move overall. Its matchups vs choice-item pokemon overall are quite solid given Umbreon's natural bulk (it eats pretty much every choice band hit with ease and stuff like specs Heatran erruption) and it does decently well against non-choice band pokemon, granted that you can manage to PP stall them before your moonlight runs out with the taunt / torment combination. Chople with max defense is for the shifu matchup (which admittedly I haven't tested but I'm pretty sure you're fine there) while the speed allows you to creep non-invested Registeel, which you then PP stall after taunting into torment (but be sure to preserve moonlight as best as possible).

:Genesect:The glue:Genesect:
Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Steel Beam
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Extreme Speed​

I'm pretty sure I added this to deal with fairy-types in general, though my memory is a bit fuzzy on that. Shoutout to Potatochan for the set. After realising that it dealt with fairies really well, a quick look at the VR revealed how much this thing actually beats which worked really well considering Umbreon's limited capacity to do much other than make your opponent mad about you wasting 60+ turns with a mon that doesn't have an attacking move. Super solid matchups all around.

:Magnezone:The expensive purchase which you're not sure about but the store is almost closed and you might not make it back in time to return the product so you're left in an awkward situation where you have to either keep it and accept it or rush to the store and hopefully make it in time to return before it closes:Magnezone:
Magnezone @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Metal Sound
- Endure
In case you still don't understand, I'm not happy with this last pick and need to figure out something better. I'm not gonna lie, I've been looking to find a good 3rd for literally a day and a half now and this isn't the best I could come up with by any means, but I'm a touch strict on time and it does the job (kind of). The main threatlist at this point was stall Snorlax, scarf Togekiss, scarf Jirachi, plot Naganadel, Genesect, and after some testing I'm discovering a general weakness to stuff like Magnezone, Gastrodon (literally can't touch this), Arcanine, and probably more that I just haven't been smacked with on ladder yet. I'm probably gonna find a better 3rd at some point for this anyway cause I'm not happy with it, so I'll bounce around ideas until something better comes up. But in the meantime, enjoy this monstrosity!

Also shoutouts to smely socks and Jirachirelia for letting me bounce ideas around

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hi LittleRunnerXC I'm your (very late) secret Santa and I had :Eiscue: to work with! I was undecided between a cool belly drum set or just standard Hail stall, and I went for Hail stall.
Eiscue @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Face
EVs: 128 HP / 68 Def / 180 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hail
- Substitute
- Protect
- Blizzard
This set lives a fire blast from Toge (incase you get tricker or smth) and outspeeds base 100s in noice form (i cant remember what it bulks physically)

Now I started making this first team before Victini got banned so I had to throw in some wack sets. Enter Scarf Tyranitar!
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 16 HP / 156 Atk / 88 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
This set lives a weakpol Grass Knot from Tini and 2hkos it and outspeeds base 100s with Scarf. This was mostly Tini bait but I enjoyed using it while tini was still around.

To kinda glue all this together and beat most fightings i added Specs Naganadel.
Naganadel @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 8 HP / 216 SpA / 60 SpD / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
This set tanks scarf Ice Beam from Genesect and outspeeds Garchomp

Now this team isnt great (blame me forcing myself to run scarf Ttar), but i still had a lot of fun using it and picked up some funny wins surprising people with Ttar.
:Eiscue::Tyranitar::Naganadel:

After Tini got banned, I decided to make a second team. Still not the best but I enjoyed making this one.
Eiscue @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Face
EVs: 128 HP / 68 Def / 180 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hail
- Substitute
- Protect
- Blizzard
Same as earlier.

This time I decided to be boring with the Dark-type and went for Urshifu-SS, specifically Assault Vest
Urshifu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 104 Def / 60 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wicked Blow
- Ice Punch
This set tanks Band Kart and Specs Regieleki.

Decided to spice it up a little and use Trick Scarf Cresselia
Cresselia (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 48 SpA / 112 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Rest
This set is always 4hko'd by Sylveon (so trick t1) and also 3hko'd by Ada Scarf Haxorus (so click Moonblast 3 times) and it outspeeds base 110s.

As said earlier I enjoyed this team more but it's less tested than the other one.
:Eiscue::Urshifu::Cresselia:

Hope you enjoy the teams! n_n

Waylaid MERRY CHRISTMAS BRO!!! I was picked to have you for secret santa and I came up with this fun klefki team as a thank you for being so very cool and helpful this year.
Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss

big hot furry (Incineroar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 164 HP / 164 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

bigger hot furry (Zeraora) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 36 HP / 192 Atk / 120 SpD / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Klefki: I had a lot of fun with this mon because it has many options. First I tried switcheroo scarf to be like a discount cresselia, but sadly it isnt powerful enough to pull off many 3hkos on neutral targets. I ended up picking the most cresselia like set because of cresses success in this meta and it worked! I dont think its strictly worse than cress because it has a better mu v many darks, primarily urshifu and moltres-g and with that niche in mind I continued with the team...
Incin: this mon is seriously cool and good in this meta especially alongside klefki(cress) with taunt sd to cover a shitton of stall matchups. This mon left us with very few losing matchups including many electric weaks, so the last mon was...
Zeraora: this mon filled many of the holes in this team because of how incredible it is in the meta. It covered togekiss volcanion and other mons my firsts couldnt beat and solidified some other great matchups like primarina and moltres-g.

This team is a bit weak to ID avalugg and bulkier fires but in all honesty its fun and streamlined to pilot and klefki might be actually usable in tours due to its similarities to cress.

ALSO TO EVERYONE ELSE WITHIN SECRET SANTA THE DEADLINE HAS ENDED
Users Satanic Beast and Venom14916 will be subbed out and their recipients will be getting their mons shortly from new users who have volunteered as subs by the 5th of January
Users Unluck-e Mr. Mime fan and eblurb have contacted me about secret santa and will get a 12 hour extension until 12 PM EST on the 4th of January until they are subbed out and replaced by new builders

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:
Yo and Merry Christmas Snowjy
sorry about late post but i’ve been busy with school and holidays stuff, hope you understand.
:Lickilicky: :Tapu-Lele: :Incineroar:
https://pokepast.es/d5caad62f0cfdd17
I was given Lickilicky to work on and I was really trying to make a set that didn’t get completely outclassed by Snorlax.
So I came up with specs, and honestly this set I made was pretty bad but it’s fun and has owned stuff like Vrji’s team on ladder.
This team was built around the licki set, which is pretty hard to build around imo. I got the idea of this lele set from carpe which beats both shifus and some other stuff. Lastly it was pretty tough to get a last mon to beat everything that these 2 struggle with and got Incineroar. Beats steels, Snorlax, etc. All in all this is a fun specs lickilicky team that I tried to make. Fini and Aggron 3-0’es. But oh well

Zoroark was hardly the easiest mon to build with, and I eventually settled on a rather basic specs set that could put in work against urshifu, necrozma, cresselia, ferrothorn, genesect, and some stallmons. I realized that Zygarde didn't appreciate any of those, so I added a skitter smack WP zyg (this allows the team to lure prim and most finis in addition to giving it an all-around useful pokemon).

At this point, I realized that I had two pokemon that started with a Z already and might as well commit, so after experimenting with Zarude and Zeraora I settled on Zapdos-Galar, whose reversal set could deal with fast scarfers, haxorus, naganadel (just thundurous kick into custap brave bird), and belly drum snorlax, as well as a couple of stall pokemon. I suppose it also went and defeated quite a few of the things zoroark is dedicated to but it can't handle cress and gene that well so zoroark is definitely still useful.

Presenting...

The Zoroark ZZZQUAD

:ss/zoroark: :ss/zygarde: :ss/zapdos-galar:

myZtery (Zoroark) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 24 Def / 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Zharp Beak (Zapdos-Galar) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 72 Def / 48 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Brave Bird
- Thunderous Kick
- Reversal

bulkZ it all (Zygarde) @ Weakness Policy
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Skitter Smack
- Coil

Zoroark has these weird defensive EVs to improve its matchup versus moonblast whimsicott as much as possible, while keeping Extreme Speed genesect from getting the download attack boost. Focus Blast beats most urshifus, but scarf is a loss and AV can bulk.

Zapdos is just a solid pokemon, beats rillaboom, grasses in general, and puts in some work against faster scarf users. Simply thundurus kick or brave bird, endure when in OHKO range, and then attack again with brave bird or 200 BP reversal.

Finally, there's zygarde, which should click skitter smack against slower special attackers like primarina. That way, it can get a WP boost and attack with tarrows. Espeed is an anti-custap tool that also helps with getting the last bits of chip versus faster foes.

This team tends to lose to Sylveon (but not necessarily to other fairies), zen mode darm, spectrier, and some dragapult variants. It has mixed odds versus avalugg.

Enjoy your team, Sans Undertale7!
thanks alot

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi Itchyfoot, I am your Secret Substitute! As you've requested, I made a team around everyone's favorite physically bulky fighting-type bear pokemon... Bewear!

The Bearly Beloved:
:sm/bewear: :sm/nihilego: :sm/primarina:

Building Process:
The bewear set is a little unconventional. I'm usually not really a fan of rocky helmet, but it synergized so well with bewear's ability that I couldn't resist putting it there. Getting 16% (or more) chip against various pokemon made some rolls much easier to get, and it also let bewear get around Sturdy Sawk. The EVs let bewear tank any move from Choice Band Galardarm, while maximizing damage. The moves are a bit unconventional, but I settled on Close Combat as sole STAB with Ice Punch+Bulk Up+Taunt to beat Zygarde and Garchomp (who're otherwise annoying for hitting through Fluffy) as well as some assorted stall. Taunt also forces enemies to attack and take Helmet damage.

Power Herb Nihilego seemed like a pretty perfect partner for Bewear: it deals with fire/flying/fairy pokemon, complements bewear's physical bulk with its own special bulk, and also helps out versus fast frail genesects. The EVs are to outspeed Landorus-I and usually survive Choice Specs Magnezone (click Mirror Coat, then KO with Meteor Beam next turn). Nihilego also 3-0s the lrxc sample that everyone is spamming now, so that's pretty cool too.

The resulting core was kind of weak to some ground types (like Choice Band Lando-T), Dragapult, Necrozma, Blast Burn Blaziken, and a few fighting-types, so Primarina was a great third mon. I really like Sitrus Prim but AV/Wacan should still work here.

Overall, I'm really happy that I got to work with Bewear: it's a great pokemon that definitely has a niche in the current meta, and it's super easy to build with. I'm definitely going to be using this in the future, and I'll probably nom it for a VR spot too.

Results:
I created a new alt where I exclusively used this team, and after 40 battles reached 1500 elo with a gxe of 73%. Partway through testing I changed my third mon from Volcarona to Prim (I love Volcarona but it gave me some awkward double weaknesses), so if I'd been using this team from the start the results would probably have been slightly better.
1609845212414.png

Replays:
Bewear, putting in the work:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1256243532-21vk6w2rne32ls06dm0bd68sh9zl527pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1256242789-gp4mgql6oznbie3yi7dfjpbep6r48iepw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1256240673-qg1lbv6mm634ki4j33p7fxm8jceft4qpw

Nihi beats a primarina:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1256242047-411zs9ymkznos3eod3zw6qoeyyx96eopw

Last edited:

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hi meticula! I am your Secret Substitute. As you asked, I built you a team around Corsola-Galar.

https://pokepast.es/6f063fd642858787

:Corsola-Galar: I built around Gorsola before in DLC1. Specifically, I had it paired with a Blissey and Malamar, and it worked very well. Honestly, I was using sample sets for EVs, but they ended up working super well. If you really want to change them I won't be offended or anything but they work out. So Gorsola has bulk for Life Orb Urshifu, mainly because it's hard to find a benchmark for it, and also because having something that can beat Urshifu somewhat is nice for the normal in the ghost, normal, dark core. The rest is in SpDef, and the moves make you tanky without being able to be stalled yourself. Unfortunatly I couldn't really fit Will-O-Wisp, but if you want to replace Spite with it, it might work, though I would keep Spite.

:Moltres-Galar: Next off, I knew I was going to have a normal type, so a dark type that would help with fighting types would be great. Moltres-Galar seemed to fit perfectly. Though I have never really built with Moltres before, I have used it a fair amount on teams given to me. As the sample sets thread beautifully said, "Bulk is for Choice Band Haxorus and Choice Specs Rotom-A. The rest is invested into SpA." The moves are extremely standard, and I figured Custap would be the best item here, because a lot of the things that are good against both Moltres and Corsola are fast.

:Snorlax: Lastly, I knew I wanted a normal type, and Encore seemed really nice, so I went with Snorlax. It is the standard Belly Drum Custap Berry set, but with Ice Punch for the Ground Dragons that are annoying for it. The EVs make Snorlax ,"survives Zygarde Thousand Arrows into Extreme Speed and Regieleki." I have never really built with Snorlax; I have always knew it was a great mon but I just never built with it.

This team was a good time. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to be apart of this, even though I forgot to sign up.

Also since all the people above called their teams something quirky, just call it F A T T, since all the mons are very tanky.

Last edited:
SiceXV first of all Id like to say that Im sorry that your team is so late, our original guy didnt contact us at all and then our sub dropped out and it only left me to finish your mon which I thoroughly enjoyed doing.

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Poison Fang
- Substitute

Urshifu @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 68 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Wicked Blow

Garchomp @ Custap Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Endure
- Swords Dance

:golbat: Golbat is unique because it is a bulky poison type who has access to fast taunt. this gives it access to beat nearly all fairies in the meta with little prediction.
:urshifu: I noticed that golbats matchup spread outside of fairies is weak asf so I used urshifu. Urshifu is very very good in this meta and it was a great addition to this team.
:garchomp: we needed a last that beat our hitlist that includes zeraora naganadel and many others that we can beat either 100% or on 50/50s in chompers favor.

Also this post marks the end of the secret santa event this season. BP will continue to edit the compendium on the first page in the coming days. This was seriously fun to host and a great experience along with the help of BP tysm to everyone who participated and huge s/os to our subs Murman0064 and Here Comes Team Charm! who made extra teams and covering for slackers, truly in the christmas spirit.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! I'M SANTA BITCH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)