Resource 1v1 SWSH Sets Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
1v1 Sets
[pretend there's art]

Welcome to the thread of 1v1's set compendium! The purpose of this resource is to provide a large variety of high-quality sets for every viable Pokemon. The purpose of this thread is to submit sets, request for sets to be modified or deleted, provide other feedback, and to ask for info regarding EV spreads and the purpose of move/item slots. When posting, please adhere to these guidelines:

-When submitting a set for a pre-existing Pokemon, detail which Pokemon it can beat as opposed to other its other sets.
-When submitting a set for a new Pokemon, name Pokemon that it beats over a Pokemon with a similar niche. If such a Pokemon doesn't exist, justify your submission's niche.
-If asking for a set to be modified, elaborate on what the purpose of the modification is.
-If asking for a set to be deleted, state which Pokemon or set it is outclassed by.
- Feedback is appreciated! Want to see a change in formatting, content, etc? Let me know!
- Keep your requests for set details to a reasonable quantity. There's no hard and fast rules, but if you submit too many some may be ignored or saved for the next update.

Sets: https://pokepast.es/68d84f60fbabdf85

Set Details: [WIP] https://docs.google.com/document/d/17dfb20d_KJQhdBLj7_kAzO6ISWEY_VUuOWt1VB63CgQ/edit

Last edited:

Cantius

I COULD BE BANNED!
Indeedee-F should have 8 Spe EVs. This ensures that it outspeeds Crustle so that it can Trick on a Shell Smash or 2HKO with Psychic on an offensive move.

Edit: It also has enough bulk: 252+ Atk Crustle Rock Wrecker vs. 36 HP / 244 Def Indeedee-F: 241-285 (83.1 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Head Smash seems better on steelix than Rock Blast: the miss chance is only 10% worse but it gives you a better matchup versus, say, choiced rotom-heat (come to think of it, also vikavolt). At the very least, it's worth listing as an option.

Last edited:

Cantius

I COULD BE BANNED!
More critiques:

220 HP / 36 Def should be used on Kasib Berry Mew. This prevents it from being 3HKOed by Shadow Claw -> Shadow Sneak -> Struggle (with Mew transformed) from Life Orb Mimikyu.

Grass Knot should be an option on Life Orb Haxorus, this beats most Rhyperior.
0 SpA Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rhyperior: 478-567 (110.1 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Durant can use 12 HP EVs to always survive Choice Band Dracovish's Fishious Rend.

Sub + Reversal Cinderace should be running Flare Blitz. Pyro Ball's miss chance can cause losses, but I don't know a matchup where Flare Blitz's recoil causes you to lose.

Scarf Rotoms can try Hyper Voice for Whimsicott.

You can see posts 1, 2 for additional Bewear and Galarian Weezing EVs, respectively.

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
More critiques:

220 HP / 36 Def should be used on Kasib Berry Mew. This prevents it from being 3HKOed by Shadow Claw -> Shadow Sneak -> Struggle (with Mew transformed) from Life Orb Mimikyu.

Grass Knot should be an option on Life Orb Haxorus, this beats most Rhyperior.
0 SpA Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rhyperior: 478-567 (110.1 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Durant can use 12 HP EVs to always survive Choice Band Dracovish's Fishious Rend.

Sub + Reversal Cinderace should be running Flare Blitz. Pyro Ball's miss chance can cause losses, but I don't know a matchup where Flare Blitz's recoil causes you to lose.

Scarf Rotoms can try Hyper Voice for Whimsicott.

You can see posts 1, 2 for additional Bewear and Galarian Weezing EVs, respectively.
I'm pretty sure Weezing-Galar is a matchup that you lose with Flare Blitz?

• Haha
Reactions: pqs

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure Weezing-Galar is a matchup that you lose with Flare Blitz?
Using the weezing-galar and cinderace sets in the compendium:

188 SpA Choice Specs Weezing-Galar Sludge Wave vs. 8 HP / 48 SpD Cinderace: 195-231 (64.3 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

200 Atk Cinderace Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 56+ Def Weezing-Galar: 129-153 (38.7 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 200 Atk Cinderace Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 56+ Def Weezing-Galar: 193-228 (57.9 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Maximum blitz recoil is 16.6%, so you always survive one sludge wave plus recoil, meaning that you can blitz twice and get the kill most of the time. Pyro Ball has no real advantage here (it also wins by attacking twice, maybe with a substitute in between) but the miss chance will cost you the game 20% of the time.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Add Bulky Band Haxorus

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 8 HP / 156 Atk / 92 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Tail
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

This spread allows it to survive Choice Scarf Mimikyu 100% of the time, and to outspeed non Choice Scarf Mimikyu.

Add Low Sweep / Counter as slashes to choice band Sawk

Your Band Snorlax has no STAB.

You have no flame orb Conkeldurr, which is quite strong

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 120 Def / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Payback
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Protect

You’re missing Physically Defensive Band Grimmsnarl, which can let it beat Scarf Haxorus, Scarf Darm, and Scarf Exca

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 120 HP / 132 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Spirit Break
- Superpower
- Trick

Flame Orb milotic needs 40 spdef EVs to survive specs Rotom Tbolt.

Petaya Inteleon can save 4 EVs by using 30 HP IVs and adding 8 EVs to defense.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
-When submitting a set for a pre-existing Pokemon, detail which Pokemon it can beat as opposed to other its other sets.
-If asking for a set to be modified, elaborate on what the purpose of the modification is.
Add Low Sweep / Counter as slashes to choice band Sawk

Your Band Snorlax has no STAB.

You have no flame orb Conkeldurr, which is quite strong

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 120 Def / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Payback
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Protect
If you'd like me to consider these modifications and set, please edit to follow the guidelines. It's really helpful! Right now I have no idea why I would use Flame Orb Conk over AV or Band or what Low Sweep, Counter, or STAB do.

Head Smash seems better on steelix than Rock Blast: the miss chance is only 10% worse but it gives you a better matchup versus, say, choiced rotom-heat (come to think of it, also vikavolt). At the very least, it's worth listing as an option.
Rock Blast is not actually there for rock coverage, it's there for CurseKyu.
Frankly, Head Smash just isn't that good, but I guess if you really want to beat Choice Rotom heat you can do it.

Edit: Oh yeah and Crustle's Counter

Last edited:

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Low sweep on sawk allows it to always Beat opposing Sawk, as well as have a higher damage output than close combat against faster Pokemon. Counter allows Sawk to take full advantage of its Sturdy ability, helping it against Pokemon such as Grimmsnarl.

Giga Impact is incredibly Poweful on snorlax as it reaches 225 Base Power, which is comparable to any of your super-effective coverage moves’ 240 base power, as well as helping against any Pokemon that these moves aren’t super-effective on (such as Water types)

Flame Orb Conkelldur allows Conkelldur the power of Choice Band and the ability to switch moves to Mach Punch after a Close Combat.

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Does some have an idea on what the 12 HP / 100 Def on Bisharp is used to bulk?

• Haha
Reactions: pqs

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
Does some have an idea on what the 12 HP / 100 Def on Bisharp is used to bulk?
Went through the compendium, could find nothing other than 'avoid the 2hko from golisopod's leach life' (which is pointless because it has liquidation or first impression) and 'avoid the 2hko from max attack gyara waterfall' (which is pointless because they all have life orb or earthquake).

Cantius

I COULD BE BANNED!
252 Atk Hustle Dracozolt Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 412-486 (114.1 - 134.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Hustle Dracozolt Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 270-318 (74.7 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Earthquake is a good option on Dracozolt to deal with non-Choice Scarf/Air Balloon Excadrill, and in my experience it has been more useful than Fire Fang.

Crunch is seemingly useless on Band Dracovish as well as ice fang which as far as i can tell (and calced) doesn’t have much of a use. Instead, run low kick (for Ferrothorn and Bisharp) and maybe have iron head as a slash for haxing Crustle which is still very niche. The ev’s on the band set could use some work as well. Personally, the set I use is calced for +1 reversal from Cinderace using 16 Hp and 88 def with max speed in a attempt to outspeed other base 75’s. Additionally, a Spdef Dracovish set could be pondered over with possibly Def as well for Band Galarm. -Sockman

IBM

Banned deucer.
Add AV ttar
Glicko mode (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Heavy Slam

Things it beats over normal ttar:
Sub/Disable dragapult
Sylveon
Special Aegislash
Hydreigon
Specs aura sphere togekiss (apparently that’s a thing)
Duraludon
Weezing-galar
Wishiwashi

Basically baits fairies and other special attackers.
Defense is for banded centiscorch because idk what else
It’s good.

Cantius

I COULD BE BANNED!
Things it beats over normal ttar:
Sub/Disable dragapult
Sylveon
Special Aegislash
Hydreigon
Specs aura sphere togekiss (apparently that’s a thing)
Duraludon
Weezing-galar
Wishiwashi
I would like to address some of these claims. "Normal Tyranitar" would be Expert Belt in the sets compendium since it is the first set listed and Mace's favorite set.

Substitute + Disable Dragapult is beaten by Expert Belt Tyranitar. You alternate Rock Tomb, Crunch, and Heavy Slam while the lack of coverage moves and power on Dragapult's side prevents it from KOing you.
92+ Atk Expert Belt Tyranitar Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 398-470 (125.5 - 148.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
92+ Atk Tyranitar Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 126-148 (39.7 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage
92+ Atk Tyranitar Heavy Slam (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 139-164 (43.8 - 51.7%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252 SpA Dragapult Draco Meteor over 5 turns vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 148-177 (43.4 - 51.9%) -- not a KO

You outspeed both Sylveon and Galarian Weezing and OHKO or 2HKO (respectively) with Heavy Slam.
92+ Atk Expert Belt Tyranitar Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 446-526 (113.1 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
92+ Atk Expert Belt Tyranitar Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weezing-Galar: 271-319 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Weezing-Galar Strange Steam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 242-288 (70.9 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Special Aegislash isn't a problem for Tyranitar. It uses Taunt turn one to prevent King's Shield and KOes with Crunch.
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 204-240 (59.8 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 27-32 (7.9 - 9.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Choice Specs Togekiss is irrelevant:
252 SpA Choice Specs Togekiss Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 332-392 (97.3 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
If you look in usage stats every major EV spread is Timid. Togekiss's foundation of viability is flinches, which it cannot be effective at doing if you are running a Modest spread without a Choice Scarf.

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Sparkling Aria
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

tanks Adamant Band Dracovish, Jolly Band DarmGalar, Scarf Haxorus, Guts Obstagoon (lol) and a bunch of other while still mantaining good offense

pqs

Banned deucer.
Avalugg @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Def
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Icicle Spear
- Body Press
- Mirror Coat / Avalanche
- Heavy Slam / Earthquake / Avalanche

Icicle Spear for CurseKyu and Sturdies, Body Press takes advantage of its base 184 Defense stat, Mirror Coat beats the ever-present special attackers, Heavy Slam is used for Sylveon and other Fairies, Earthquake can alternatively be used for Aegislash, Avalanche can be a more reliable high-BP move. EVs are just for max Attack + Body Press power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)