Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 180 HP / 16 Def / 180 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Prismatic Laser
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power / Hyper Voice

This is the Necrozma set I came up with.. Tanks a Modest, Specs, Draco Meteor from Dragapult. As well as tanking Band Galarian-Darmanitan (Assuming no Giga impact which has low usage). The speed is for speed creeping stall Arcanine which is it’s best and most common set to my knowledge, while the Spatk guarantees a OKHO on Spdef Arca.

-Prismatic Laser is the move you want to use against semi-frail opponents
-Photon Geyser is used where Prismatic Laser doesn't quite get a OKHO, or for breaking through abilities such as sturdy or disguise
-Heat Wave is useful against many steels such as Corviknight
-Earth Power is useful against TTar and some Zeraora sets.
-Hyper Voice lets you beat Occa Whimsicott. However, it’s unreliable against Substitute Cinderace or Inteleon as they can easily play around it.

This Is a rough list to what it loses too (S-C) https://pokepast.es/2d62447523066c40

Last edited:
this is an amazing resource, but respectfully, what’s the point of all these sets without knowing what the spreads are for?

Edit: that sounded rude, a better question is will there be a seperate paste for ev explanations?

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
this is an amazing resource, but respectfully, what’s the point of all these sets without knowing what the spreads are for?

Edit: that sounded rude, a better question is will there be a seperate paste for ev explanations?
I don't think there will be, or at least any time soon, since the thread is "to ask for info regarding EV spreads and the purpose of move/item slots."

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I've been wanting to make a "companion resource" including EV spread explanations but also covering the reasons to use each set. This is something I planned to work on gradually because of how much work it would be to write it all up. At this point, I don't think it's every going to come to fruition... Just EV explanations, though? Very doable. I'll gauge opinion on what people would like to see in it and get to work. Thanks for the feedback

I've been wanting to make a "companion resource" including EV spread explanations but also covering the reasons to use each set. This is something I planned to work on gradually because of how much work it would be to write it all up. At this point, I don't think it's every going to come to fruition... Just EV explanations, though? Very doable. I'll gauge opinion on what people would like to see in it and get to work. Thanks for the feedback
I think that an ev spread compendium would in itself do a lot to cover the reasons to use each set

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I couldn't find the physical benchmark for your Choice Band Arcanine spread (and you couldn't remember), so I have adjusted some EVs around, and with the rise of Salac Curse Mimikyu Bulldoze is now nigh useless, so I have swapped it out for Espeed which has a very good chance at 3HKOing standard Togekiss while Togekiss only 3HKOs back.

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 88 Atk / 160 SpD / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Outrage
- Bulldoze

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 92 Atk / 168 SpD / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

92 Atk Choice Band Arcanine Extreme Speed vs. 40 HP / 12 Def Togekiss: 105-124 (32.7 - 38.6%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO
204 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 80 HP / 168 SpD Arcanine: 111-132 (32.5 - 38.7%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Arcanine: 288-340 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Arcanine outspeeds Adamant)
92 Atk Choice Band Arcanine Outrage vs. 16 HP / 84 Def Haxorus: 304-358 (102.3 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 80 HP / 168 SpD Arcanine: 288-340 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
92 Atk Choice Band Arcanine Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 386-456 (121.7 - 143.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Niche mon but it deserves at least a spot on Set Compendium

Hawlucha @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 236 Atk / 68 Def / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reversal
- Endure
- Taunt
- Bulk Up

It beats darm, jirachi, corvi, haxorus, incineroar, cinderace, hydreigon, kuyrem, not sure about the Mandibuzz match-up, but afaik it wins

EVs allow you to safely Bulk Up t1 against Haxorus, since Scarf isn't gonna kill you and you outspeed Band which isn't gonna kill you at +1, thus allowing you to safely Endure Reversal t2.

Credits to Boat for the set, I just adjusted EVs

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I recommend adding Flash Cannon to the list of coverage moves band steelix can viably run, and adding Naughty as a potential nature. Hear me out:

The steelix-avalugg and steelix-crustle matchups are normally both highly disadvantageous. Stall avalugg sits there and boosts up, band avalugg 2hkos you with body press.

252+ Def Choice Band Avalugg Body Press vs. 240 HP / 16 Def Steelix: 202-238 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16 Def Choice Band Steelix Body Press vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 148-176 (44.5 - 53%) -- 28.1% chance to 2HKO

Similarly, shell smash crustle seems like it'd be pretty useless against steelix, but in practice it Counters your attack and finishes you off with rock wrecker chip. (Body Press sometimes gets a 2hko without putting you in range of rock wrecker, but bulkier crustles ruin that strategy)

Flash cannon lets you win both of these matchups. The 2hko on avalugg is now easy (showing stall here, band takes even more), and crustle loses the ability to Counter you.
0 SpA Steelix Flash Cannon vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Avalugg: 198-234 (50.6 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Steelix Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Crustle: 134-162 (47.6 - 57.6%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO

Steelix's other recommended moves aren't particularly great (rock blast is a worse flash cannon now that mimikyu's banned, fire fang is only useful against chople ferrothorn) so I think this definitely deserves a place among them.

A naughty nature is necessary for those matchups, as you need special attack for crustle and speed for avalugg. Crustle wasn't tanking a lot of special hits anyway, so I don't believe it costs you any significant matchups (unless you count specs gardevoir, I guess).

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Version #3 is live; thanks for your patience!

https://pokepast.es/68d84f60fbabdf85
Featuring: Approx 100 new sets, several revamps and additions, removal of Mimikyu and Jirachi, reordering by VR

Some of the new sets are simply bits I've added from my teambuilder so optimization will come with time. There's a lot more I have on my to-do so next update should be coming fairly soon. Additionally, I've added EV explanations (WIP) to the OP: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17dfb20d_KJQhdBLj7_kAzO6ISWEY_VUuOWt1VB63CgQ/edit

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Version #3 is live; thanks for your patience!

https://pokepast.es/68d84f60fbabdf85
Featuring: Approx 100 new sets, several revamps and additions, removal of Mimikyu and Jirachi, reordering by VR

Some of the new sets are simply bits I've added from my teambuilder so optimization will come with time. There's a lot more I have on my to-do so next update should be coming fairly soon. Additionally, I've added EV explanations (WIP) to the OP: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17dfb20d_KJQhdBLj7_kAzO6ISWEY_VUuOWt1VB63CgQ/edit
Just your everyday Nalei being a goat :blobwizard:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
can you make a set with power trip or stored power ?
Swoobat @ Kee Berry
Ability: Simple
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 128 SpD / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Charm

This one's courtesy of Bopher, surprisingly good matchup versus primarina, sylveon, and a bunch of bulky attackers (up to and including band hax). Just keep it away from anything faster, taunt/trick, and super-effective moves.

Orbeetle @ Salac Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 208 HP / 164 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Iron Defense
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power

This one's already in the compendium, haven't tried it out but seems neato?

Something like Acid Armor/Calm Mind/Recover/Stored Power reuniclus is probably also usable, magic guard is nice I guess.

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
DLC is out, that means new sets, I'll start with an absolutely braindead one:

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Dual Wingbeat
- Flamethrower

Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are obvious stab, other moves are kind of useless so I went with Dual Wingbeat for sawk, hawlucha, and some kommo-os. Flamethrower is for ID avalugg (thanks dogknees). Speed is to outspeed jolly durant and hit it with flare blitz, if you don't care about that matchup you can go ahead and drop it to 128 EVs (adamant durant) or even just 60 (jolly exadrill). I put the remainder in HP, it might swing a roll or two a bit more in your favor.

Struggles against things it can't hit supereffectively unless they're extremely frail, but fire/flying is cool and probably patches up holes on some teams.

Last edited:
DLC is out, that means new sets, I'll start with an absolutely braindead one:

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Dual Wingbeat
- Fly

Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are obvious stab, other moves are kind of useless so I went with Dual Wingbeat for sawk (and some kommo-os) and Fly is for endure hawlucha. Speed is to outspeed jolly durant and hit it with flare blitz, if you don't care about that matchup you can go ahead and drop it to 128 EVs (adamant durant) or even just 60 (jolly exadrill). I put the remainder in HP, it might swing a roll or two a bit more in your favor.

Struggles against things it can't hit supereffectively unless they're extremely frail, but fire/flying is cool and probably patches up holes on some teams.
I’ve played around with band tflame as well and found that flamethrower is a nice option over fly, to beat iron defense avalugg and band if you get lucky. Unless i’m missing something, dual wingbeat should still be beating endure hawlucha since you either ohko them if they don’t endure, or hit them next turn since you will still have your gale wings

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
I’ve played around with band tflame as well and found that flamethrower is a nice option over fly, to beat iron defense avalugg and band if you get lucky. Unless i’m missing something, dual wingbeat should still be beating endure hawlucha since you either ohko them if they don’t endure, or hit them next turn since you will still have your gale wings
Yeah, realized that as I was away from the internet a bit, fixed the description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)